Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Is This An Affair? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This An Affair? (3824 Views)

How To End An Affair? (I'm Married) / Should I Tell His Wife That He Is Having An Affair With Me? / Having an Affair With My Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 12:50am On May 23, 2008
Many foreign ladies would date more Nigerian men than foreign dudes will date Nigerian ladies.
Thats a well-known fact. Nigerian ladies are illiterates(can't read between the lines) and it's very sad.
I am even scared now that half of the people i talk to on NL might start feeling i love them.
Nigerian women r plagues one must avoid. grin
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 12:50am On May 23, 2008

This is the hypocrisy i can't stand with y'all women.
I have guys/chics i email everyday to diss and brag about our different clubs in the Premiership.
Does it mean an affair has to develop in that? Why are girls so screwed to the fact that once a man calls twice, then LOVE has to be in it!!!!!
It's a very wrong perception and this is why most people see Nigerian chics as bush girls.

you know your problem jackal?u argue blindly,and u can't stand it when someone tells d truth or challenges u,we r talking about a married man here not single friends,even me as a woman y will i have a male friend that will be emailing everyday,ok u email them everyday,do u see them everyday?can u have a marrried woman as a friend and keep seeing her everyday?we r not talking about chics here we r talking about marriage

emailing is not d problem but must they see each other everyday,is emailing not enough for them,that they have to still see each other again
Re: Is This An Affair? by annamaria: 12:51am On May 23, 2008
Xerxes, Jenny, Rampant, guys, let's calm down, ok. Doesn't have to decend to a fight, seriously. I appreciate everything y'all have said. I take it all in. No need to get worked up on my account. Biko, let's stop oo.
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 12:52am On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

Many foreign ladies would date more Nigerian men than foreign dudes will date Nigerian ladies.
Thats a well-known fact. Nigerian ladies are illiterates(can't read between the lines) and it's very sad.
I am even scared now that half of the people i talk to on Nairaland might start feeling i love them.

Now, I really dnt blame those foreigners who come here and bash you naija men.
With the way you describe your mother and sisters to them, why wnt they think you men are useless pile of sh*t? shocked shocked
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 23, 2008
@annamaria
no probls sweetie kiss
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 12:53am On May 23, 2008
annamaria:

Xerxes, Jenny, Rampant, guys, let's calm down, ok. Doesn't have to decend to a fight, seriously. I appreciate everything y'all have said. I take it all in. No need to get worked up on my account. Biko, let's stop oo.
you're right. . I'm sorry jare.
I've said my piece. . . smiley
Re: Is This An Affair? by 4Him1(m): 12:53am On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

I am even scared now that half of the people i talk to on Nairaland might start feeling i love them.

I agree with the first line (in highlights) 100%  grin

Nigerian ladies as illiterates? No.

Xerxes you are missing a key point here, these are MATURE adults not just "friends" chatting about Arsenal and traffic hold-ups. Affairs don't start in a flash, they begin with that first little platonic hello then the constant emails and phone calls before graduating into a raging fire neither is able to stop.

I'm a guy, even i know that the way to easily get a woman to like you is to make her feel very comfortable in your presence.
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 12:55am On May 23, 2008
Xerxes you are missing a key point here, this are MATURE adults not just "friends" chatting about Arsenal and traffic hold-ups. Affairs don't start in a flash, they begin with that first little platonic hello then the constant emails and phone calls before graduating into a raging fire neither is able to stop.

I'm a guy, even i know that the way to easily get a woman to like you is to make her feel very comfortable in your presence.

my point exactly,God bless u 4him
Re: Is This An Affair? by TheSly: 12:56am On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

Touche. . . . . . . . . . cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 12:58am On May 23, 2008
jennykadry:

you know your problem jackal?u argue blindly,and u can't stand it when someone tells d truth or challenges u,we r talking about a married man here not single friends,even me as a woman y will i have a male friend that will be emailing everyday,ok u email them everyday,do u see them everyday?can u have a marrried woman as a friend and keep seeing her everyday?we r not talking about chics here we r talking about marriage

emailing is not d problem but must they see each other everyday,is emailing not enough for them,that they have to still see each other again

They can see each other anytime they choose to AS LONG AS the 2 parties maintain a sense of responsibility.
Bloody hell. . . . . married women in ma office flirt with me on a daily basis and i put every down as jokes. I wouldn't touch any married woman so ma mindset is locked against the devilish feelings that might arise. . . . . .It's the mentality, the orientation, the will power.
The fact that a guy sees a babe everyday does not put it down to an affair. . . . .i will never subscribe to that.

4 Him:

I agree with the first line (in highlights) 100%  grin

Nigerian ladies as illiterates? No.

Xerxes you are missing a key point here, this are MATURE adults not just "friends" chatting about Arsenal and traffic hold-ups. Affairs don't start in a flash, they begin with that first little platonic hello then the constant emails and phone calls before graduating into a raging fire neither is able to stop.

Well then, lemme speak for maself.
There's nuthing any married woman can do to get me seduced or enticed. . . . she's just wasting her fucking time.
Be that as it may, i still don't agree the poster is in love already. . . .  .now that it's bovvering her, she should stop/reduce the communication.
Re: Is This An Affair? by annamaria: 12:59am On May 23, 2008
Ehh, Jenny, I didn't say we see each other everyday. I said we do either mail or YIM or call or text. Not necessarily see o. We are both very busy people and most times we see it's even in the course of work. No ideas there, please.

And who is this Jackal?
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 1:01am On May 23, 2008
thats u xerxes ,clap for urself,but we r talking about someone else here,

mind u d married women r in ur office u all work together,good for u,but dis ones work in diff offices but still find time to see each other everyday(apart from mails)and as if its not enough they still mail each other even weekends,wat r we not talking here,abeg leave matter
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 1:02am On May 23, 2008
annamaria:

Ehh, Jenny, I didn't say we see each other everyday. I said we do either mail or YIM or call or text. Not necessarily see o. We are both very busy people and most times we see it's even in the course of work. No ideas there, please.

Am not trying to say this is similar to your situation.
But if I can't bare to stand one day without texting, calling, or yim this dude, then I more than like him. I may not love him, but its def more than friendship
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 1:04am On May 23, 2008

And who is this Jackal?

let me quote u anna

I work in the same organisation with this guy but we're not in the same office. We got to know each other at a church function and started emailing, very casual stuff in the beginning. I know his wife and kid. T[b]he thing now is no day passes without either seeing [/b]or calling or emailing or YIMing. It used to be only Monday to Friday but now, even weekends, we exchange quite a lot of emails, usually general stuff, jokes, current issues etc etc. I enjoy talking to him and his friendship means a lot to me. He advises me a lot about relationships and is quite protective of me, more like a big brother.

In this day of technology, when do you know when you have crossed the line from casual friendship into a full blown affair even though you've not been intimate with the other person. (I mean, there's never been any kissing, inappropriate touching apart from the ocassional hug, no overt 'I love yous' etc etc).

Please help me out here. Have we crossed the line already?

was dat not ur statement annamaria

jackal is xerxes
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 1:05am On May 23, 2008
LOL! Jenny!
Re: Is This An Affair? by annamaria: 1:05am On May 23, 2008
Women get wahala sha! Na wa! Jen, did you miss the either and or?
I have to ge to bed, work in the morning.
Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 1:05am On May 23, 2008
annamaria:

And who is this Jackal?

Who is Jackal? undecided undecided undecided undecided

jennykadry:

thats u xerxes ,clap for yourself,but we r talking about someone else here,

mind u d married women r in your office u all work together,good for u,but this ones work in diff offices but still find time to see each other everyday(apart from mails)and as if its not enough they still mail each other even weekends,what r we not talking here,abeg leave matter

So which is worse?
The women u see everyday kissing u on the cheeks everytime u sort out their networks or someone u are yet to kiss?
A man gotta have loads of principles and self-control.
In a place like UK where women cry foul randomly. . . . . .A guy's ass would be in jail if he thinks he is on something when it's nuthing!!!!
Re: Is This An Affair? by arianne(f): 1:06am On May 23, 2008
annamaria:

And who is this Jackal?

meet xero himself! hi hon, how u doin? u know what, don't answer.

rampant- like a dog returns to its vommit? remember? (can't believe i didnt get banned that night)
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 1:09am On May 23, 2008
arianne:

rampant- like a dog returns to its vommit? remember? (can't believe i didnt get banned that night)

Seun migh tnot have your posts. . , lucky you.

Abegi, leave the "boy" to his own mentality. I'll rather have a naija mentality than the one he's owning up to
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 1:09am On May 23, 2008

i saw clearly honey,so aside from d mails u people still see eachother

please before u go,i will advise u to run faster dan your legs can carry u away from that man,if u like i can borrow u my own leg to add to urs,nothing like brother's protection,let your boyfriend or another single male be protective towards u and not a married man,biko,ejimu afa chukwu ariogi
Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 1:09am On May 23, 2008
annamaria:

Can u blame them? It's the end of the month. wink wink wink

arianne:

Land of ma bloody fathers. . . . . .Christmas came early. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Is This An Affair? by RampantT(f): 1:09am On May 23, 2008
Abegi, am out. , let me pop in some Yoruba movie jare. . . .laterz!

@poster
Hope you find the answer smiley
Re: Is This An Affair? by frank316(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2008
all these girls, una no go leave married men alone.

go and find your own husband and leave person property
Re: Is This An Affair? by omoovie(f): 6:53pm On May 23, 2008
Annamaria,

You said his wife never comes up in conversations. That is indeed a red flag. If this (whether it's an affair) is really bugging you and you want to continue this friendship with the guy I suggest you ask him off handedly to "meet the woman behind the man" so to speak. It will give you a chance to meet his wife and let her know about you and her husband's friendship and so it becomes a couple and a family friend rather than 1/2 a couple and a family friend. If she knows you and hangs out with you solo (doing girl stuff) or all three of you together that (at least most of the time) reduces the opportunity for the relationship to go up to kentro level. If the wife know you it's harder for the man to start considering backyard runs unless his just a callous dog and if that's the case then you don't need to be his friend.
Re: Is This An Affair? by mamaput(f): 6:53pm On May 23, 2008
dose his wife know about it.
ithat is one thing you should ask yourself.
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 23, 2008
all these girls, una no go leave married men alone.

go and find your own husband and leave person property

no be so

@topic

we are all human beings and like i quoted yesterday,there is no doubt some kind of feelings have started creeping in,can someone please tell me what a single babe is doing chatting and mailing a married man everyday,including saturdays and sundays
Re: Is This An Affair? by banni: 8:40pm On May 23, 2008
At the moment it seems like friendship but fact you are worried means there is something giving you the red light signal.
I would be cautious as dating a man who has a girlfriend or worse is married can only led to problems.
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 23, 2008
ofcourse they are both friends no doubt,im not saying they r dating,but i still insist some kinda emotional feelings has started creeping in and dats y she had to open a thread
Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2008
jennykadry:

ofcourse they are both friends no doubt,im not saying they r dating,but i still insist some kind of emotional feelings has started creeping in and that is y she had to open a thread

I disagree with you.
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 23, 2008
give ur point
Re: Is This An Affair? by Xerxes1(m): 9:14pm On May 23, 2008
Ma point is. . . . .she is not in LOVE yet and there are no feelings.
A man and a woman can have harmless conversations for weeks without any prickish moves!!!!!
Re: Is This An Affair? by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 23, 2008
then y is she scared,did u not read her post?did u not see d force at which dat post was typed,dat post was filled wt so much emotions,and even if d poster has refused to comeout and tell d truth no problem,nobody is forcing her,they are not dating,and im still repeating it,they aint dating,but d feelings are there for sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trinogamy - Three In A Committed Relationship / Can A Guy Impregnate His Fiancee And Ask Her To Abort It? / Is It Safe To Compliment Your Girlfriend's Female Friend? (see Screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.