Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians (68990 Views)

The 10 Things Nigerians Know About Ghanaians / What Amuses You The Most About Nigerians? / Your View about Nigerians Who Travel To USA To Give Birth For USA Citizenship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by PetroDolla: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2013
solomon111: UNDI?
it's usually dependent on how well you can develop your citizens.
Well Norway has a far better UNDI than america.
What do you say about that?
And no,i am not schizophenric.
My point is wealth is not necessarily measured by the size of your GDP nor the size of your gele, or the number of mansions or limos etc. it is measured by how many of your citizens have access to the basic necessities of life. yes, norway in my opinion is the richest country in the world. simplicita. I was in Norway last November and saw it with my own eyes
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2013
sheyie2007:
Lol.. Go to skyscrapercity.com,open Ghana and Nigeria in your browser's tab and compare... Accra is looks like dusbin ..fact!
Accra looks like a dustbin, accra is a shithole, worse country ever. But why the heck are you guys coming the evryday like bees. Everyday you come on Abc busese to my country. Why would a reasonable person leave their perfect country which is so much better than Ghana to come here. Does it mean you guys are fools. You guys are indeed funny ppl i concur 100 percent with the article. It's not by force. Nobody is forcing you to go there. We accept our dustbin country as is so no need to worry yourselves about it.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Qelvin(m): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
some-girl:

No. The only place you can boast in is ACCRA. Thing is, when people think Ghana, they automatically think Accra. It is honestly nicer than many, even most Nigerian cities but if we were to compare capitals.......
Accra was nice,nice people and awesome atmosphere all around...probably the only beacon of hope for an over-hyped Ghana
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nomski0(f): 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dannylux: #yawns# places his right leg on petrodolla's head.

Guy you bad o

shocked

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by somegirl1: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
Qelvin:
Accra was nice,nice people and awesome atmosphere all around...probably the only beacon of hope for an over-hyped Ghana

It is undeniably nice, I have been there a few times and would definitely go again but I wouldn't live there.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Qelvin(m): 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Accra looks like a dustbin, accra is a shithole, worse country ever. But why the heck are you guys coming the evryday like bees. Everyday you come on Abc busese to my country. Why would a reasonable person leave their perfect country which is so much better than Ghana to come here. Does it mean you guys are fools. You guys are indeed funny ppl i concur 100 percent with the article. It's not by force. Nobody is forcing you to go there. We accept our dustbin country as is so no need to worry yourselves about it.
so what have you done to the thousands of Lebanese and Chinese people flooding your country and taking over your economy,it was only last month your government grew some balls to drive out the Chinese ''illegal'' gold merchants controlling your gold mines after many years of kissing some Chinese gluteus maximus yeah?
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Nigerians flock to somalia ..even iraq ..like chineese do ...so? They identify opportunities and take advantage of them
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by solomon111(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: My point is wealth is not necessarily measured by the size of your GDP nor the size of your gele, or the number of mansions or limos etc. it is measured by how many of your citizens have access to the basic necessities of life. yes, norway in my opinion is the richest country in the world. simplicita. I was in Norway last November and saw it with my own eyes
UNDI is also hugely dependent on population.
Nigeria has far more citizens to develop than ghana does.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by PetroDolla: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
some-girl:

No. The only place you can boast in is ACCRA. Thing is, when people think Ghana, they automatically think Accra. It is honestly nicer than many, even most Nigerian cities but if we were to compare capitals.......
compare capitals ke? the whole of abuja- from katampe to garki to apo, asokoro, wuse etc - is not even up to size of east lego. so what are you talking about? abuja is nice, but the jury is still out. let's see what it will become in another 10 years,huh? you know how dirty nigerians are,huh? I know how el-rufai struggled to make it stay clean,huh? demolitions etc

BTW, when most people think of nigeria, don't they think of Lagos?
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by 09temple(m): 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
and ghanians are?
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by igboboy1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: shaaaaaaaaaaaarp don't you people take it personal when people insult you or your country? you expected her not to take it personal? rubbish!Look am a proud African. I am talk, dark and sexy and I am very proud of who I am. But most of you nigerians, are not proud being black africans and that is why you bleach like crazy. what a shame.

did you take your meds? Ngwanu carry africa for head who is dragging with you?

You are tall, dark and sexy? shocked o boy i no dey find babe o, thanks for your description but anderson cooper might find it flattering not me.

By your write up I can see you are a dudu ghanian.. O boy black is beautiful so i dont know why the fuss.

You black/african pass me? I bet you have a western name, you dont practice an african religion, your president wears suit unlike nigerian presidents that wear native...guy just sharap there. Berra park well for kumasi before you come here and be opening your black nyansh for here

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
Accra skyline self de awkward...come to akwa ibom and see city
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nomski0(f): 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2013
solomon111: UNDI is also hugely dependent on population.

Thats what i've been trying to stress!

You cant compare the two countries. The population difference it too much. Ghana should compare with maybe Togo or Senegal while we compare with more populated countries like south africa or brazil.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
muhehehe! Nigerians flow to ghana? lmao we are not going there because they are better than Naija, we just go to spread our business tentacles. a business man can never do business in one place. Adenuga has firms here in Nigeria and in Ghana, e mean say ghana better? lmao you got a deluded mindset sisi

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by emmanuel4758(m): 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Lol i thought you unfollowed the thread lipsrsealed grin
hey girl u ar partialy beautiful but go luk bush cuz all ur comment in this forum is so silly,nt abusin u bt am just telin u d truth
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by magnetik(m): 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
I agreed with u. Number 10 are u Sure?
Don't u knw? Naija dey very religious oh!
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by PetroDolla: 7:33pm On Jul 18, 2013
solomon111: UNDI is also hugely dependent on population.
UNDI simply takes the population per capita. it measures how many of the people in a particular jurisdiction have access to basic neccesities of life. the bottom line is how many of your citizens have access to the basic necessities of life. compared with Ghana. simplicita! is population now a problem for the most populous country in africa?
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by frank317: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Do u mean nigerians or igbos?

Ok, igbos are nigerians and majority of them are the nigerians in ghana
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by emmanuel4758(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
igbo_barbie: You are right. Dnt mind them. Igbo Kwenu tongue grin
yoooh
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
Qelvin:
so what have you done to the thousands of Lebanese and Chinese people flooding your country and taking over your economy,it was only last month your government grew some balls to drive out the Chinese ''illegal'' gold merchants controlling your gold mines after many years of kissing some Chinese gluteus maximus yeah?
Firstly there are lebanese and chinese in Nigeria so what is your point. Secondly stop talking out of your anus them, there is no such as chinese controlling our gold mines and yes those who were doing it illegally were arrested. infact it has happened in Nigeria as they lost 8trn to illegal gold miners.
http://www.punchng.com/news/nigeria-loses-n8tn-to-illegal-gold-miners/
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by PetroDolla: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
maxwello.yg:

muhehehe! Nigerians flow to ghana? lmao we are not going there because they are better than Naija, we just go to spread our business tentacles. a business man can never do business in one place. Adenuga has firms here in Nigeria and in Ghana, e mean say ghana better? lmao you got a deluded mindset sisi
adenuga, to the best of my knowledge, has only glo in Ghana. which other business has he got? and glo is the least patronised of the six existing mobile network.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: compare capitals ke? the whole of abuja- from katampe to garki to apo, asokoro, wuse etc - is not even up to size of east lego. so what are you talking about? abuja is nice, but the jury is still out. let's see what it will become in another 10 years,huh? you know how dirty nigerians are,huh? I know how el-rufai struggled to make it stay clean,huh? demolitions etc BTW, when most people think of nigeria, don't they think of Lagos?
they also think of Abuja, PH, Uyo, Ibadan, even Anambra, Enugu and Calabar.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by PetroDolla: 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nomski0:

You cant compare the two countries. The population difference it too much. Ghana should compare with maybe Togo or Senegal while we compare with more populated countries like south africa or brazil.
population is no achievement now. its like a man with plenty children he can't take good care of and boasting about those children to his neighbour who had the good sense to give birth to the no of children he could take care of!!! grin grin grin grin grin omo see logic

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by emmanuel4758(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: compare capitals ke? the whole of abuja- from katampe to garki to apo, asokoro, wuse etc - is not even up to size of east lego. so what are you talking about? abuja is nice, but the jury is still out. let's see what it will become in another 10 years,huh? you know how dirty nigerians are,huh? I know how el-rufai struggled to make it stay clean,huh? demolitions etc

ur fada nyash, huh
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Nomski0:

I agree. You cannot compare with the two countries. Nigerians should be comparing themselves with populations similar such as China and American then they can see how well they are doing. It is obvious that with a population of 170 MILLION, The gdp will be more.
GDP = Consumption + Investment + Government Spending + (Exports - Imports)

The larger the population becomes, the more consumers there would be in the market. This would increase the aggregate demand in the economy, leading to higher consumption. Consumption is a major component of GDP as you can see in the formula above. So if consumption goes up, so should GDP.

Nigeria is the second largest in Africa and its not surprising due to your Population amongst investments etc. But the question one should ask, does it make one country better than the other because of a higher Gdp? Gross domestic product speaks to the productivity of the economy, and the nation's overall wealth, but it says nothing about how that wealth is distributed as well as the quality of life.growth includes the richest as well as the poorest of people. While the rich may be getting richer, the poor may be getting poorer and GDP maybe showing a growth. The statistics could be wrong in this way. Also, GDP does not take into account the happiness index.
Even south africa with a population of 50 million is doing well. If we compare ourselves with countries of similar populations such as irelend etc and we compare gdp, we are doing okay. For our population and size we are doing okay as is.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: compare capitals ke? the whole of abuja- from katampe to garki to apo, asokoro, wuse etc - is not even up to size of east lego. so what are you talking about? abuja is nice, but the jury is still out. let's see what it will become in another 10 years,huh? you know how dirty nigerians are,huh? I know how el-rufai struggled to make it stay clean,huh? demolitions etc

This guy is tooo daft...
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by chreldb(m): 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:

Why are South African companies in other parts of Africa? Why is Chinese presence in Africa so pronounced? Does it mean that South Africa and China are doing badly for themselves? or Africa is better of than China? Your logic makes little sense. A simple answer to your question is that some Nigerians come into Ghana to expand their buisnesses like globacom. It is one of the attributes of an enterprising country. That's why I used South Africa and China as case studies. So stop that cliche of you guys come to Ghana because Ghana is doing better tongue;. Nigerians come to Ghana to exploit their economy when certain business ventures in Nigeria becomes saturated. You see Nigerians in all parts of Africa because it is the most populated nation in the continent. Just like you see Indians and Chinese all over the world. OK?!

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2013
emmanuel4758: hey girl u ar partialy beautiful but go luk bush cuz all ur comment in this forum is so silly,nt abusin u bt am just telin u d truth
I give what you give. If you show respect i give you respect. If you show me insults then our give you insults. So if you see a "silly" post am replying to a silly comment. Comprehendo?
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nomski0(f): 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
PetroDolla: population is no achievement now. its like a man with plenty children he can't take good care of and boasting about those children to his neighbour who had the good sense to give birth to the no of children he could take care of!!! grin grin grin grin grin omo see logic

Why are you so bitter?

Did i say population is an achievement?
You sef get wahala sha........i dont know what made you bitter but bros seriously, your stalking nigeria-ghana war thread is just plain creepy.

Its like you come to N.L everyday to look for these threads so you can insult a nation to ease your bitterness.

Na you sabi o.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
chreld_b:

Why are South African companies in other parts of Africa? Why is Chinese presence in Africa so pronounced? Does it mean that South Africa and China are doing badly for themselves? or Africa is better of than China? Your logic makes little sense. A simple answer to your question is that some Nigerians come into Ghana to expand their buisnesses like globacom. It is one of the attributes of an enterprising country. That's why I used South Africa and China as case studies. So stop that cliche of you guys come to Ghana because Ghana is doing better tongue;. Nigerians come to Ghana to exploit their economy when certain business ventures in Nigeria becomes saturated. You see Nigerians in all parts of Africa because it is the most populated nation in the continent. Just like you see Indians and Chinese all over the world. OK?!
So then what is the whole point of dissing ghana and calling it dustbin etc. Can you buy something with trash. I was only quoting what your fellow brothers were saying and now you have just proved thheir illogicalness so at least we can all agree that Ghana aint the dustbin/trash that some ppl are making it out to be if ppl are going there for something better. I'm glad you ave a brain
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by solomon111(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
I agree. You cannot compare with the two countries. Nigerians should be comparing themselves with populations similar such as China and American then they can see how well they are doing. It is obvious that with a population of 170 MILLION, The gdp will be more.
GDP = Consumption + Investment + Government Spending + (Exports - Imports)

The larger the population becomes, the more consumers there would be in the market. This would increase the aggregate demand in the economy, leading to higher consumption. Consumption is a major component of GDP as you can see in the formula above. So if consumption goes up, so should GDP.

Nigeria is the second largest in Africa and its not surprising due to your Population amongst investments etc. But the question one should ask, does it make one country better than the other because of a higher Gdp? Gross domestic product speaks to the productivity of the economy, and the nation's overall wealth, but it says nothing about how that wealth is distributed as well as the quality of life.growth includes the richest as well as the poorest of people. While the rich may be getting richer, the poor may be getting poorer and GDP maybe showing a growth. The statistics could be wrong in this way. Also, GDP does not take into account the happiness index.
Even south africa with a population of 50 million is doing well. If we compare ourselves with countries of similar populations such as irelend etc and we compare gdp, we are doing okay. For our population and size we are doing okay as is.
Ireland does not have the resources ghana have.
So,sorry you are not doing well.
Nigeria as well as africa have a long way to go.
Re: 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians by Mavor: 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
Royal^Pearl^:
Tomorrow it will be Oxford University grin grin Btw you can save your life story aka lies for someone who believes it ad gives a fk.
I'm not trying to brag but lots of Nigerians go to ivy league schools abroad. If he says he has proof, leave it at that. Btw, this 9ja vs. Ghana thing is quite petty and ridiculous. You na get time sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Amazing Pictures From Nigeria's Past / Traditional Attire Of Ivory Coast / When Black Men Ruled Europe: The Moors Of Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.