Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (70188 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by abdulshakuur: 9:26am On Jul 18, 2013
Let's be sincere Abacha, jonathan which regime is more worst to Nig masses
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Gwekzy: 9:26am On Jul 18, 2013
ReadinG These comments feels so good...Wit the way This whole thing is turning out to be am pretty sure Prof WS must be in one tight corner regretting Y he attacked d 1st lady in d 1st place...
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by hisawesomeness(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2013
If only she's in nigeria, she should come physically to the noble laurate Professor to say those things. I think we should move to the country called “ mind your own business”. If only there's one.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by loswhite(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
Freewilly: I've never heard of this lady, but I'll have to give her a standing ovation for what she just said.
what did she say, that u are given her a standing ovation for?

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by DonaldGenes(m): 9:27am On Jul 18, 2013
ubongutioh: Achievement like bringing cultism into our universities, heading a cult group(Sea Dogs) under the guise of a charity organization, recruiting members into this cult group? As far as I am concern, Wole is nothing apart from writing literature that will never bring food for the poor Nigerians.
500 likes
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by oluamid(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2013
In a country of fools, a wise man would look foolish.
You guys wasting your time hating on †нэ prof are very funny and until such time your works are used in the curriculum of West African, nay, Nigerian schools, you would remain comedians.
Nobody is perfect and †нэ Prof is only human, whatever thing he did to make you guys cast aspersions on his person does not remove anything from his talent and intelligence.
No amount of hating would remove his achievements.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by DonaldGenes(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2013
abdulshakuur: Let's be sincere Abacha, jonathan which regime is more worst to Nig masses
[s]Are you a learner? perhaps you want sleep for kirikiri this evening? lol[/s]
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Rocktation(f): 9:31am On Jul 18, 2013
I'll keep saying it. Wole Soyinka talks too much.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by 1Dray(m): 9:31am On Jul 18, 2013
abdulshakuur: Let's be sincere Abacha, jonathan which regime is more worst to Nig masses
Are you a alright?
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by jemoke: 9:32am On Jul 18, 2013
I belief Wole Soyinka has contributed nothing, only propaganda and gossip, failed marriage
Professor
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Kizuba: 9:35am On Jul 18, 2013
Hummmm there is a very wise saying....
A person who knows and knows that he knows... respect him
A person who knows but does not know that he knows... encourage him
A person who doesnot know, but doesnot know that he doesnot know...KILL himm he is a fool

why does this conversation remind me so much of the third statement?
The foolhardy of our generation is not just the fact that we are ignorant, but rather that we are ignorant of our ignorance. See people to come here and blast a person like Wole soyinka? if any of u id very lucky you will become HALF of what he is.

When they started those cults, in teh universities, it was to create brotherhoods so that they could get more consideration from the colonial school authorities. that is the same thing that the black empowerment movent in the united states did to help in the struggle against racial seggregation, the same thing led by steve biko in south africa.

but since we africans and especially our stupid generation can adopt nothing but the wrong things, (kanye west, 50 cent etc) we invited the devil into the brotherhoods and they turned into killing squads, THAT was not the aim of the cults at conception.

Please let us pray for this country but most of all for our selves because the foolhardy of our generation is leading our country to doom

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by fili24: 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
Babzilla:
SO WHAT HAS HE ACHIEVED?
SERIOUSLY APART FROM A NOBEL PRIZE WHAT ELSE?

During the regime of General Sani Abacha (1993–98), Soyinka escaped from Nigeria via the "Nadeco Route" on a motorcycle. Living abroad, mainly in the United States, he was a professor first at Cornell University and then at Emory University in Atlanta, where in 1996 he was appointed Robert W. Woodruff Professor of the Arts. Abacha proclaimed a death sentence against him "in absentia". With civilian rule restored to Nigeria in 1999, Soyinka returned to his nation. He has also taught at the universities of Oxford, Harvard and Yale.

From 1975 to 1999, he was a Professor of Comparative Literature at the Obafemi Awolowo University, then called the University of Ife. With civilian rule restored in 1999, he was made professor emeritus.[1] Soyinka has been a Professor of Creative Writing at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In the fall of 2007 he was appointed Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, US

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by karferguso(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
Pray, what did your FATHER Abacha amount to in this life with all the stolen billions and hundreds of murdered Nigerians? What have you Musu achieved in your pathetic existence?

It seems some Nigerians whose brains, present and future have been bought and paid for will do nothing but destroy the reputation that Nigerians have always be known for: smart, intelligent, forward-looking, articulate, confident, concise, clear-headed thinkers, etc (some in a bad way but mostly in a good way). In graduate school admissions, I got in ahead of a lot of other contenders and one of my professors was even Russian! However, people like the OP is useless piece of garbage like the retardeen and his hippopotamus wife! People like you should be ground like powder and fed to the animals in the ZOO!

Professor Wole Soyinka is one of the brightest lights from Nigeria and Africa, on his own merit alone! This is a man who was at one point or the other Professor at Harvard, Cornell, Honorary Doctorate degrees from Yale, Harvard, Morehouse, Emory, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, Edinburg, Toronto, Alberta, Paul Valery, Montpellier, Sorbonne, Bayreuth, Cape Town, Havana, Turin, Bologna and Hungary! In case you don't know, these are not the schools where "thieves and polithievians" are awarded phoney "Honoris Causa" in Nigeria for painting a classroom or donating N 1 M for whatever project! No one in your generation would be considered worthy of admission even into any of these Universities for you are so dull, you have absolutely no brains that can be educated!
Are u nt part of his generation......nairalanders wan kill me wit lafta oo
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by setraco(f): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2013
Chris-OD:
Soyinka is in trouble
No PhD, cultist progenitor, fake OAU professor, woman wrapper, fighting with women in public, no wife, serving juju, all children not doing well, ACN apologist now Abacha enemy
Gbamm
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by sugardaddy1(m): 9:45am On Jul 18, 2013
For her lack of respect for elders, it's obvious this Abacha's daughter is an offspring of one of those Indian harlots that served the late dictator the lethal "apple".
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by obongoboy: 9:47am On Jul 18, 2013
Look who is talking..The daughter of a T.H.I.E.F.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by mediachirps(m): 9:49am On Jul 18, 2013
she's just one of those patients suffering from "Excess Consumption of Embezzled National Funds" (ECOENF). most childrens' of formal Nigerian leaders are nothing but over pampered touts and bitches.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by ugoezeb(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2013
WS deserves any insults metted on him. Wat was he thinking wen he refer to women, by extension, as 'domestic appendages'. Any Gumsu was never wrong anyways....WS is an embarrassment.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Burger01(m): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2013
God!!! Soyinka has entered 'one-chance'

sad
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by adet991(f): 9:51am On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Wait till you and your generation atleast can boast of just 1 percent of his achievement before running your mouth here.
tell am
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by gnot: 9:52am On Jul 18, 2013
Ijogz K: If you wanna be the best attack the best.. She's just trying to yarn for recognition
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:
If Nigeria was a sane society,that biitch should be spending the rest of her life in jail by now for the agony her useless father caused Nigeria. Very useless set of Mo'r'ons;like father like daughter.

Your comment stinks of ignorance.

In criminal law, there is no rule that the sin of the father or mother be transferred on the son

The principle of criminal liability does not permit that

African Continental Bank V Okonkwo

All the same, since she didn't state the reason for her comment and outburst, she is mor stup.I'd than her father and Bluetooth put together!
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by kaeto(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2013
Rocktation: I'll keep saying it. Wole Soyinka talks too much.
my love, i know you'll never dissapoint me, not in your beauty, not in your judgement. The man is taking it too far, he says things the way a Godfearing market woman won't say them. My bible tells me that, ' The FOOL has said in his heart, there is no God'. Wole soyinka is a capital FOOL!

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by onlineresource: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2013
And why should we listen to what she says...
because she's abachas daughter, she ​CA̷̷̴̐͠Ŋ now start saying whatever she like...
Abeg go sit down somewhere...

Moving on to the next news
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by victorD3: 9:59am On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Someone please ask the biitch the economic and political legacy his evil father left behind beside the billions of dollars stolen by him and several unrecovered loots in foreign banks ?

You keep insulting or swearing at every comment. No matter how hard you try you can never be like or win that guy "Billonaire" because he discusses issues and not insults.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by moyinoluwabun(m): 9:59am On Jul 18, 2013
we're watching
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Cynsky76(f): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:
If Nigeria was a sane society,that biitch should be spending the rest of her life in jail by now for the agony her useless father caused Nigeria. Very useless set of Mo'r'ons;like father like daughter.
u dont hav knowledge of d law nd ur compplaining.law punish defaulters daughter
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by kachi04(m): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2013
Wole Soyinka, wole soyinka, wole soyinka. How many times did i call u... Ur carrier go soon finish
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Erotex(m): 10:01am On Jul 18, 2013
This show he is a man of no respect outside literature.
Achebe is Still no.1 no sentiment!!

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by adet991(f): 10:02am On Jul 18, 2013
oluamid: In a country of fools, a wise man would look foolish.
You guys wasting your time hating on †нэ prof are very funny and until such time your works are used in the curriculum of West African, nay, Nigerian schools, you would remain comedians.
Nobody is perfect and †нэ Prof is only human, whatever thing he did to make you guys cast aspersions on his person does not remove anything from his talent and intelligence.
No amount of hating would remove his achievements.
God bless u for this comment
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by bestview: 10:03am On Jul 18, 2013
huptin:

He has achieved ten times more than Achebe and his generation can ever dream of achieving. Nobel Laureate is not for story tellers, it is for people who have contributed immensely to the world either in Literature, economics, science or peace. Now tell me who is the first African to achieve that? and how many Africans have won the prize? so comparing Achebe to Wole is like comparing a cat to a lion. get some education dude.

Who is the father of modern African literature?

Who is the Africa's most influential celebrity?

Until you can answer this questions, you will still remain in the woods just like most yurubas..

Achebe remains the only African that can stand side by side with Mandela. Achebe affected lives all over the world positively with his works.

What did your local champion soyenka achieved?

-Secret cultism

-Worshipping idol in the 21st century

-Fighting with women on daily basis

-Married 3 wives and divorced all three of them

Soyenka does not worth being a role model for any sane person.

Achebe remains an Iroko in all spheres of life where the common cultist Soyenka is..

If you agree with all of the above: CLICK LIKE

5 Likes

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2013
kaeto: my love, i know you'll never dissapoint me, not in your beauty, not in your judgement. The man is taking it too far, he says things the way a Godfearing market woman won't say them. My bible tells me that, ' The FOOL has said in his heart, there is no God'. Wole soyinka is a capital FOOL!
You are a bigger FOOL!

Do not misquote her comment, this has nothing to do with his religion. Stop making a fool of yourself mor0n!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

All The Political Gladiators In Lagos Closing Ranks In Bourdillon (Pics) / Kano Prince, Mustapha Ado Bayero, Marries 2 Wives On Same Day (Photos) / Atiku Dazzles In New Photos As He Celebrates 74th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.