Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka (38178 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub / Sani Abacha’s Daughter, Gumsu Slams Fayose Over Controversial Advertorial / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Anvaller: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Dude, you surely cannot be unaware of recent history to be unaware of why every child of Abacha may thoroughly hate a man who tormented their brutal, murderous and dictatorial brute of a father while he was in office? This girl simply hates Soyinka because he was one of the main antagonist of her father who would not stop telling the world how evil, brutal and vile Abacha was. She was merely looking for anything to attack the prof with.

This girl's antics directly shows how perverse some Nigerians are. Her father was a nasty, evil tyrant who murdered many, including the likes of Ken Saro-Wiwa, in cold blood yet she has the nerve to hate those who stood against him and are shining examples of what Nigerians can be, i.e the best in their field of endeavour, while her father is a Hitler-type disgrace every sensible Nigerian is ashamed to share nationhood with.

Only in Nigeria, because demonic evil goes unpunished, that this girl will be emboldened to attack others perhaps because they stood against the perverse evil her father exemplified. While off-springs of Hitler and other 'monsters' in history change their name and live 'underground' the children of Nigeria's most evil men, like Abacha, are strutting about proudly and attacking those who have brought nothing but pride to the Nigerian stock while their brutal forebears murdered others, decimated Nigeria and ruined the lives of generations unborn. Sick nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka

Well done but u shouldn't have bothered so much answering his question because it was rhetoric. They are desperate to defend stupid actions of the daughter of a wicked dictator just becos they hate Soyinka whom she was attacking. Some of them would even wish that she becomes our next president and turn a dictator like her father only if she would promise to murder Soyinka like her father murdered Kudirat, Saro Wiwa, Rewane etc. Ethnic rivalry is more important to many than actual development. And little do they know that we can never achieve ethnic gratification without development. Unfortunately, these ppl are obsessed with preoccupying themselves with the very element that brutally hinders our progress. Tribalism.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by emudiagaebbah: 11:36am On Jul 20, 2013
masu: when will our yoruba brothers get matured.

now all of them are jumping into response to this young girl comment.
is this the sophistication you all blab about. pls this is childish.

wole belittled himself the moment he went into market fight with a woman(PEG)
That moment he lost my respect. as soon as am concern all we see in him now is "WOLE" the "SOYINKA" has far gone.
SOYINKA is the real professor we know but
WOLE is the tribalist and cultist tht is all that remain in him now.
dont justify evil.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Afroconnect: 11:39am On Jul 20, 2013
Gumsu you are a Foolish spoilt brat,I don't blame you,I didn't expect a disciplined child and well trained child from the Abacha family.Gumsu if Nigeria was a civilised country people like you would be hiding away in poverty because all the stolen money and properties your father stole would have been retrieved.hide your head in perpetual shame,when your father died the whole Nation celebrated because he had no value.
None of your shameless family members will ever achieve the wisdom,honour and respect of Sir Wole Soyinka-till the end of time-the whole world knows.spoilt bi-ch.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by philips70(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2013
Nwa Teacher: I'm losing interest in nairaland. Nairaland has became partial and political, why Seun? Why is it that anything that is for Soyinka made front page and the one that is against him don't make front page or sometimes been hidden. Example is Soyinka comment on Yarima on underage marriage. Secondly why do nairaland likes making pro-Amaechi news in front page and anti-Amaechi news not. Thirdly why is it that news that relate to APC governors always make front page and PDP one doesn't make. You people should be careful b4 you kill this wonderful and informative social media. Thatz my contribution. Thanks

Carry your bigoted mind leave here. Are you sure you see the front page at all? If you are so pained albeit poor sight go and create a PDPland, Anti-Amaechiland forum where you all will continue to swim and wallow in abject self denial. A forum where you will see 14 years of wasteful leadership as encouragement to urge same on. Mschewwww...you just wake up from bed?

4 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by lertee(f): 11:41am On Jul 20, 2013
I wonder how some people talk at times,why would you say gumsu of all people should lash out on wole soyinka? Bad enough some fools like masu claims wole soyinka is triblistic,I think you need to go n do more research on why gumsu has no right to talk on national issues and why soyinka has every right to

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Donmarshal11: 11:43am On Jul 20, 2013

That moment he lost my respect. as soon as am concern all we see in him now is "WOLE" the "SOYINKA" has far one.
Pls are u Educated @ all ? Bloody Nitwit.

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by MescoWapGN: 11:45am On Jul 20, 2013
Ayus34:
sorry to say but so important that ur type is not worth living...how do u arrive at ur point that wole is a tribalist?u will have to convince me if amaechi is a yoruba man,if wole soyinka's action during the protest of SNG Is stage to bring in a jonathan as president or also for a yoruba man....cant still understand if the support he gave to ojukwu on d biafra war issue is also for a yoruba man,or bring out a fact where soyinka cult group is meant to forment trouble,because u label him a cultist which i cannot assert the authencity of ur bigoted claim.....even the nigeria police run by the fg govt. today is worst than student cults,killing people anyhow because of 20naira note,used to rig elections and endanger the future of the country,used as a tool to distabilise a lagitimate govt like what we have in rivers state....my friend i will not blame u but ur brain that seems to function like a pentium 1 desktop computer,memory so low and need a state of emergency to upgrade ur brain....calling a noble man like wole a tribalist,i wonder what you will call ur father for refusing u proper training and limiting ur potentials.dont care if u take dis wrongly and fight back but posterity will not forgive ur brain for shaming u and refusing to accept stated facts.

Ayus if you cant simply adhere to the instructions of NL. Then you have no right whatsoever to question anybody's post.
Am a lover of the legend Wole Soyinka, in fact am striving to be like him someday, but defending him at the expense of someone else' feelings is totally disgusting and unaccepted, always try and play cool nigerians, you wont be awarded any prize for gnashing and stamping at peoples feelings.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by MescoWapGN: 11:46am On Jul 20, 2013
Ayus34:
sorry to say but so important that ur type is not worth living...how do u arrive at ur point that wole is a tribalist?u will have to convince me if amaechi is a yoruba man,if wole soyinka's action during the protest of SNG Is stage to bring in a jonathan as president or also for a yoruba man....cant still understand if the support he gave to ojukwu on d biafra war issue is also for a yoruba man,or bring out a fact where soyinka cult group is meant to forment trouble,because u label him a cultist which i cannot assert the authencity of ur bigoted claim.....even the nigeria police run by the fg govt. today is worst than student cults,killing people anyhow because of 20naira note,used to rig elections and endanger the future of the country,used as a tool to distabilise a lagitimate govt like what we have in rivers state....my friend i will not blame u but ur brain that seems to function like a pentium 1 desktop computer,memory so low and need a state of emergency to upgrade ur brain....calling a noble man like wole a tribalist,i wonder what you will call ur father for refusing u proper training and limiting ur potentials.dont care if u take dis wrongly and fight back but posterity will not forgive ur brain for shaming u and refusing to accept stated facts.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Afroconnect: 11:50am On Jul 20, 2013

That moment he lost my respect. as soon as am concern all we see in him now is "WOLE" the "SOYINKA" has far gone.
To you and a few myopic people.
Wole stated issues affecting Nigeria,he has a right to talk about Nigeria as a citizen, without the first Lady taking it personal.have you heard Wole responded to anyone of them?
He simply stated issues the way he saw it, as an Elder statesman and activitist-your notion that he is going into a "market woman fight" is misuse of words...If everyone keeps silent like you fools,these politicians will sell us all.
Please you are talking like a shallow mind,being carried away by the buzz.wake up...and Wole Soyinka don't need your respect,the whole world respects him than all your presidents-present and ex.

5 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by thaoriginator: 11:53am On Jul 20, 2013
Ivynwa: Gumsu should have known better than to be disrespectful while rolling in the $100million remnant of(Nigeria's stolen money) that Obasanjo was made to forego to her Mama. It's like she drank plenty rum and champagne and was drunk when she tweeted that. Wallowing in stolen money and dissing a man that worked hard to build his reputation. What's wrong with her?

Who be this Jamo wannabe? grin grin
The bolded is funny.
hey gyal, listen to mi and listen attentively. Mi gwan pree inna mi yard. Mi nuh apologise to nuh battybwoy ya hear mi and mi nuh jamaican wannabe mi ah Hallie Selasie born mi nuh send dem. Mi ah di general di gyal dem ah gi mi crazy pin ah funeral dem seh mi fresher than di mineral, believe mi... Mi ah fi murder di bablylon!

dabrake: this your eegbo no get counterfeit. I swear.
yo bombaclaat! Yuh nuh mi stilo, high grade mi ah crush inna mi hand daily while mi step down wit ah glass ah vodka. Yuh cyan fi cum join if yuh wah.

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Candybob(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2013
masu: pls this is childish.

That moment he lost my respect.

u are on point with this but the rest of your post is very immature and offensive.

Why is Prof Soyinka oppressing the lady with his education. I have a landlady that is uneducated and to a very big extent very uncouth, i can quarrel with the whole world but not her because i realise she is not in my league, moreover they are easy to manage, whener they are spoiling for a fight with you just turn it to a joke or put up an act. It takes intelligent and dexterity to mange people, but empty heads to get into confrontations with people who are actually suppose to be beneath you!
Prof made that statement of a man making silly decisions when he has an illiterate wife during the subsidy issue, an issue that had nothing to with her. He has been attacking her instead of her husband GEJ obviously because she is not grammatically articulate, that amounts to mockery embedded in pride.
If you allow yourself quarrel with a woman (educated or not) try not to use swear words or derogatory remarks with her, many who have done so will testify to how foolish it is but u will end up regretting it.

Abacha's daughter is not same as Abacha, the nigerian constitution does not condemn children for the sins of their progenitors! Moreover she has a right to write anything on her twitter page.
Its not like she came on NTA.

Her intention is still not clear tho, but why should i care what her intention is, is it going to increase my account balance?

7 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Navalsadiq(m): 11:57am On Jul 20, 2013
masu: who even told you guys that other nigerian tribe value wole soyinka.
we have not forgoten his establishment of confraternity in this country.

how manytimes hav yoruba people insult other tribes icon? Babangida, buhari, Abacha, Ojukwu, Danjuma etc.
how many of their kins men do you guys see outside rabbling about like mad people.

i use to like you guys but i can see that you guys are too tribal to be liberal.you just took the words out of my mouth.soyinka is becoming too arrogant and a tribalist.if he cannot contribute to change the present situation of this nation then he shold hold his tongue and stop wagging rubbish.what we need to hear from an elder statesman like soyinka is positive ideologies that will bring about national integration and not tribal sentiment.
i blv from now that wat ibo people are saying about you guys is true.

you guys are too sentimental, emotional, tribalists and childish to relate with. all this irretates.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by onyi4edu(f): 11:59am On Jul 20, 2013
D fact dat a girl's father is evil doesn't mean d girl is evil. I don't suport her actions anyway but woteva she must have done shouldn't attract her father's sins upon her. Treat her accordin 2 her own actions.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by iykofias(m): 12:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
Ds is wot u get when u visite Wikipedia:
Maryam Abacha (born 4 March 1947, Kaduna) is
the widow of Sani Abacha, de facto President of
Nigeria from 1993 to 1998.
After the death of Sani Abacha in June 1998, Maryam
Abacha attempted to leave Nigeria with suitcases
filled with money.[1] She was arrested, placed on 24-
hour surveillance, and banned from leaving Nigeria.
[2] In 1999 Maryam Abacha said that her husband
acted in the good will of Nigeria; an official of the
Nigerian government said that Maryam Abacha said
that to convince the government to grant her a
reprieve, as the president, Olusegun Obasanjo, had
been jailed by Sani Abacha.[3] As of 2000 Maryam
Abacha remained in Nigeria.[4]
Maryam and Sani Abacha had three daughters and
six sons.[5] Maryam Abacha's eldest surviving son is
Mohammed Abacha.[2]
Legacy
Maryam Abacha founded National Hospital Abuja
(originally National Hospital For Women And
Children).[6] The Maryam Abacha Women and
Children Hospital in Sokoto State[7] is named after
her.[8]
Her name was often used in various advance fee
fraud scams and therefore the name "Maryam
Abacha" became associated with advance fee fraud.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by andyanders: 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2013
In fact, it is only in Nigeria that issues like this is taken kindly. A family known all over the world as thieves coming out here to blame Soyinka.

Let the people closer to her tell her that it is a shame for an armed robber's child to take the throne of honour. Abacha stole the nation's money while armed as a military man. The product of an armed and pen robber known as Abacha are his children. All Abacha's children has no honour in this country and the world around. If I were to be Abacha's child, I would have committed suicide instead of the name tag. Shame to her and her family. Wole Soyinka is and will EVER remain a hero to the world and younger generation to come, while Abacha and his family will remain a curse to their generation.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Chynx(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2013
JideJamez: go and create BIAFRALAND forum no one is holding you....biko be creative dnt be a follower
Simply put; you are a fool.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by dealordea(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2013
Refer to this thread! For those who don't know who gumsu is: https://www.nairaland.com/1193377/pictures-maryam-abacha... This was posted by me after we had a rant on Nigeria politics on twitter
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by nagoma(m): 12:14pm On Jul 20, 2013
Gunsu is right! Wole Soyinka is only full of airs and therefore empty. He is an overrated story teller . A critique who carefully chooses his prey based on kinship and fortune. A guy who can only lead a demonstration. He has never lead a proper household let alone a community or society. Gunsu , don't let them intimidate you like that . You are entitled to your opinion as a Nigerian.Your father was a gallant soldier a brave Nigerian who meant well for the country- far superior to the midgets we have these days , messing up the country in the name governance.

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by andyanders: 12:17pm On Jul 20, 2013
nagoma: gunsu is right . Wole Soyinka is only full of airs and therefore empty. He is an overrated story teller . A critique who carefully chooses his prey based on kinship and fortune. A guy who can only lead a demonstration. He has never lead a proper household let alone a community or society. Gunsu , don't let them shut you up like that . You are entitled to your opinion as a Nigeria's . Your father was a. Gallant soldier a brave Nigeria who meant well for the country .

No wonder,We can now know who you are. From their fruits, we shall know them. No shame at all.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Decryptor(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2013

Chineke! This is what i call TKO!
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by gratiaeo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2013
Nawaoo Yoruba and their big mouth!
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Bondd: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
DerideGull: The alleged tribally induced vitriolic attacks on the person of Gumsu for expressing her opinion amount to collective idiocy.
but then they are expressing their opinions too. And as a sane person, you should respect that

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by delors(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2013
Na wah o. Abokis will always be abokis...abi this yeye girl (abi na woman self) nor know say the name 'ABACHA' in Nigeria is 'SHAME'? Somebody school her please. Living on the stolen money her father stashed away, she still has the guts, the mind to come out and insult a national (international) icon whose fame is grounded on merit. SMH. Instead make she even start from small first (like helping to insult CHIDI Llyod) and then gradually go up small small (like joining the anti-child-bride protest), she jump straight to OGA at the TOP! FATAL ERROR! FATAL ERROR!

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by kliq(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2013

jus anoda dumb fcck...well am not yoruba....it baffles me why u backin her cus she's jus anoda dumbbitch dat speak witout tinkin...after all d so many atrocities n evil deeds of her dad against d nation,she will only succeed in wakin a sleepin dog which is gon hit her so bad

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by jaymichael(m): 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2013
I just remembered the documentary about the possessor I saw on Discovery Channel titled "SOYINKA, A CHILD OF THE FOREST" and this book I read in College of Education about Soyinka titled "BEFORE OUR VERY EYES" written by different eminent personalities who know Soyinka personally, some from childhood, school, some professional colleagues, mentors and proteges. These have given me a great insight into the mind, character and personality of the person WOLE SOYINKA and all what he stand for, believe in and personified. He can defend himself as regards the insult Patience Jonathan threw at him if if wants to, I can't come out on nairaland to defend the eminent professor. please people, what insult did Soyinka threw at patience the so called "Married Woman"? Did Soyinka lie about her character and actions? when Soyinka and other concerned Nigerians led the SNG protest to ensure that legality is enshrined and Jonathan should be sworn in as president, was he a "senile old man" then? now that he criticised a so called Married Woman who is just a mere domestic appendage of power(right so because she is not constitutionally elected) and advised her to halt her illegality which Soyinka has been known to speak out against since we know him, has now become a "senile old man" If the Soyinkas, Fasholas Oshiomoles could align with Amechi, and the Jangs, (who believe 16 to be greater than 19) Bipis(who believe 5 to be greater than 27) and the Gumsus could sympathise with Jonathans concerning the state of political turmoil and illegality which they orchestrated, that speaks volume of the personality of amechi and the Jonathans cos afterall they say people of like minds flock together.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by demsid(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
Make all of una no dy beef ds grl o.na my sweetlove b dt . Na her papa b thief no b she,n she have d freedom of speech lyk y'all.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by delors(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2013
nagoma: Gunsu is right! Wole Soyinka is only full of airs and therefore empty. He is an overrated story teller . A critique who carefully chooses his prey based on kinship and fortune. A guy who can only lead a demonstration. He has never lead a proper household let alone a community or society. Gunsu , don't let them intimidate you like that . You are entitled to your opinion as a Nigerian.Your father was a gallant soldier a brave Nigerian who meant well for the country- far superior to the midgets we have these days , messing up the country in the name governance.
I guess you are also craving attention aboki. Her father was a brave soldier who looted unabatedly, murdered ceaselessly, terrorised crazily. Ostracised by the world and his own people, yet you said he meant well for Nigeria. Mention one 'well' thing he did for Nigeria, baboon. I guess you were still being b.reas.t-fed when he ruled the country. Mumu
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Ojix85: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2013
delors: Na wah o. Abokis will always be abokis...abi this yeye girl (abi na woman self) nor know say the name 'ABACHA' in Nigeria is 'SHAME'? Somebody school her please. Living on the stolen money her father stashed away, she still has the guts, the mind to come out and insult a national (international) icon whose fame is grounded on merit. SMH. Instead make she even start from small first (like helping to insult CHIDI Llyod) and then gradually go up small small (like joining the anti-child-bride protest), she jump straight to OGA at the TOP! FATAL ERROR! FATAL ERROR!

Lwkmd gringrin
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by demsid(m): 12:46pm On Jul 20, 2013
she have d freedom of speech lyk y'all. Leave d gal.
nagoma: Gunsu is right! Wole Soyinka is only full of airs and therefore empty. He is an overrated story teller . A critique who carefully chooses his prey based on kinship and fortune. A guy who can only lead a demonstration. He has never lead a proper household let alone a community or society. Gunsu , don't let them intimidate you like that . You are entitled to your opinion as a Nigerian.Your father was a gallant soldier a brave Nigerian who meant well for the country- far superior to the midgets we have these days , messing up the country in the name governance.
Make all of una no dy beef ds grl o.na my sweetlove b dt . Na her papa b thief no b she,n she have d freedom of speech lyk y'all.
Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by delors(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2013

Camel! Thats what you are. When Chinua Achebe pointed out issues afftecting Nigeria before his passed onto glory and Gowon felt he was taking a jib at him, nobody said Achebe was being tribalistic. Soyinka pointed out the problems affecting us (which of course is obvious to every living soul, unless of course you are a dead fish), now you say he is being tribalistic. if Dame Jonathan was hausa, you would v said the same. What if she was Yoruba? would you have said Prof Wole was being tribalistic? Wake up mumu. save for Mitchell Obama, people hardly know the names of country's first ladies. They respect themselves because their position is a privilege. Nobody voted them in. But PEJ is a different kettle of fish altogether. Someone who isnt so sound should either avoid displaying her ignorance openly or secretly get schooled. PEJ is an embarrassment. And Gumsu, although is entitled to her opinion, she also complicated matters. Wole did not insult PEJ unless you are saying 'The First lady should be a lady first' is an insult. It is an advice! Go back to school bros.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by kaeto(m): 1:00pm On Jul 20, 2013
Wretched tribal liars. You didn't border to point to tens of millions of us who supported her in lashing at the self deluded disusing beggarly wole soyinka who made himself a public shame for all to see. Soyinka should cut his hair to allow breeze reach his shrunken brain. Useless loudmouthed idol worshipper.

1 Like

Re: Abacha’s Daughter Under-Fire For Attacking Soyinka by Myself2(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2013
Who is Soyinka that he cannot be criticised??,doesn't he criticise other people??That said,I think Gumsu was a bit over the line in her outburst,the same way Soyinka was out of line in his foolish rant against PEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings / Caption This Photo Of Tinubu With This Cute Kid / Shooting At Obalende As NURTW Factions Fight In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.