Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22082 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by okpurukata(f): 10:27am On Jul 22, 2013
honeric01:

And you claim to be a Christian?

Ever read the parable of the lost sheep before?

No, because you hardly read the bible on your own~

SMH

Do you therefore acknowledge that you are a lost one. Just asking?

My only contribution is that many people do not understand that the most important part of Christianity is having a relationship with God, and above all living it up. Outside the church, how do you practice what you have learnt? That is what the Catholic church emphasizes, faith and works. If you pray and scream morning to night in chuch chasing demons and I pray and listen one hour, in church and I am able to practice what was preached Nd you did not, who is a better Christian?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Soloter(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2013
akintaj5:

Are you trying to say Deeper life church is better than Catholic church?
akintaj5:

akintaj5:

Only God knows. however, by their fruits ye shall know them.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Cleopatranwa(f): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2013
Shepherd's House Assembly,all da way! My Papa Joshua Talena rocks!! cheesy
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by honeric01(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2013
okpurukata:

Do you therefore acknowledge that you are a lost one. Just asking?

My only contribution is that many people do not understand that the most important part of Christianity is having a relationship with God, and above all living it up. Outside the church, how do you practice what you have learnt? That is what the Catholic church emphasizes, faith and works. If you pray and scream morning to night in chuch chasing demons and I pray and listen one hour, in church and I am able to practice what was preached Nd you did not, who is a better Christian?

Read, comprehend before commenting, just saying.

"she" said it has no bearing on catholic if one person leaves. now, the parable of the lost sheep comes to mind, what does it mean to you if you truly know what Christianity is all about since you've decided to jump the ship.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 12:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
akintaj5:

Probably!

it will prevail against u. Its so glaring
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2013
Arcard: I stl dy kamkpe #teamcatholic# if u say ur chrch is nt serious jst knw dat its u whos nt serious
before u conclude where ur staying I want u to read exodus 20vs 1 to 5 exodus 32 vs 26 to 28 and read rev 1 and 2 concerning who jesus christ is and his role as the father of the church and what he does to church that defiles his commandments.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by showietee: 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Tos87: Some times Ї do hear people say "i av seen the light,i use to be in darkness" usually when they start attending another church.

People have left there previous place of worship(church) to attend another church for many reasons. Reasons like
:a friend invited me
:they don't read the bible
:am in need miracle and that pastor can do that
:they are пѻԎ livly,i want a place i can dance and sing

Ї believe that there are other reasons to that..
So for those of you that perhaps changed, what were your reasons...

Amazing, but My simple question is - are there principles that guide your aforementioned points uphere? If yes, anybody that deviate from the principle of a religion is either creating innovation or totally off track.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 2:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
honeric01:

And you claim to be a Christian?

Ever read the parable of the lost sheep before?

No, because you hardly read the bible on your own~

SMH

my dear d parable of d lost sheep actually talked about the LOST sheep. not the sheep that DECIDED to get lost. roger dt and leave peppyluv alone. try and undstnd smtn b4 u interprete nxt tym
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by woky: 2:32pm On Jul 22, 2013
peppy luv: 1.6billion-3=?.....NOTIN! Safe journey,we wish u well.
NEXT!!!!
lolzz.. U really fit them
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by cantell(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
Anglican for life! I can never change, not now or ever!
***singing hymn***
Lo! He comes with clouds descending,
Once for favoured sinners slain;
Thousand thousand saints attending,
Swell the triumph of His train:
Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
God appears on earth to reign.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by honeric01(m): 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2013
Richieboyn:

my dear d parable of d lost sheep actually talked about the LOST sheep. not the sheep that DECIDED to get lost. roger dt and leave peppyluv alone. try and undstnd smtn b4 u interprete nxt tym

You're still having issues comprehending. whether the sheep wandered away or decided to get lost is not the lesson in the parable, it's the joyous effect it gives heaven when a lost soul is won back to God. she should be more concerned with convincing the person with reasons why he should come back to the church if the church is for gathering souls for Christ and not use such a statement!

@ topic.

The earthly church you attend does not have any bearing on your journey to heaven if you yourself do not seek God individually.

I repeat again, belonging to a church and practicing all the religious activities does not make your an heavenly candidate if you do not in "person" have the direct relationship you're suppose to have with God your creature through Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
nwadaigbo: u that is talking, are u a saint? Do u do those things u accuse them. If yes, then, u hav no moral standi to judge them.they are humans just as u are. The same hell fire await u and them. Answer me,hw does a promiscous Rev. Fr amount to cath church not being a good church. Are u worshipping God or Rev. Fath. How does sin of another affect u. D Rev Fath.will account for his sin just as u will, for urs.
I didn't say the church isn't good. I said the church isn't perfect. undecided Abi u no know the difference?

Again, ur friend is a jezebel whom d devil is using to pull man of God down. Tell her to desist or Gods rot will befall her. She can always stay away from men of God and stop winin her tail lik a LovePeddler bf them. Like that, she wls save herself from such embarrassment. This is how u will end up becoming an atheist bc u hav look up to man as a role model instead of christ. Goodluck to u and ur friend
My friends are two guys in seminary schools. I thought that was pretty clear from my post? Read what I said again:

Whether the friend is lying or not doesn't matter. The question is do you agree that just as is the case with so many pastors and prophets of other kinds of churches today, there are many priests who engage in very evil acts??- as in priests who are just wolves in sheep clothing? It's one thing to be catholic and a completely different story to be blind to the very apparent unholy practices that threaten to soil the reputation of the catholic church. I have two friends in seminary schools right now... believe me, you don't want me to give you the details of what one of those guys does even though he is in his fifth year now. lipsrsealed

Here was my main point:

There's nothing special about being catholic, protestant or whatever. Just follow wetin bible talk in it's true sense... the remaning tinz na jara.

okay chairman, next time try to understand people's points before you quote or reply them.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by sandygechy(f): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
CATHOLIC TILL I BREATHE MY LAST!!! ET UNAM SANCTAM CATHOLICAM...........
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by BonnyDominic: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2013
Catholica Sapen....... Catholica Sanpien(op am correct) meaning..... Once a catholic,...always a catholic.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by CooldudeY2J: 8:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
God chaser nah u call me a God hustler, 2 christ i remain loyal.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by woky: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
i stil Relax 4 catholic church
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by DutchNegro(m): 8:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
I don't attend services where dey don't preach like dey caught me poking outside my marriage nd also sermons re directed at navigating d path which leads 2 heaven.. Me likee when d sermons pin me in d ass cos at least while it lasts i'm a diff being but it stil baffles me why i poked a girl last nyt even after yesterday's sermon.. I guess change is inevitable tho.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 23, 2013
nwadaigbo: show me where jesus was wearing suit, dancing azonto, alanta and collecting money from people fraudulently as u ppl do in ur pentecostal churches. Miracle abound unless u r blind to d marrow. That u r alive, healthy, attend schl where some ppl are not opportuned to, u hav ur patents alive while some are orphan. U hav access to internet bc u can afford it while others wallow in ignorance. Tell me it is by ur power or might if not bc God favoured u and ur family. Think about it.

Very funny. two wrongs don't make a right
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by try69: 6:18am On Jul 23, 2013
maxibrainz:
do you know i attended catholic for 6 years and never saw any miracle, so take that home i am not speaking about what i was told but what i experienced.

Guess u don't even know that to have woken up from ur bed this morning is a miracle..

Just go and look for miracles and come back to the universal church, I have seen many like you.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:32am On Jul 23, 2013
ekwah:

I do the evil things, but at least I don't pretend as if I don't.tongue People pick on these things because a lot of Catholics tend to act as if their church is perfect and as if it's only the non-catholic churches that have problems. Like someone already pointed out, no church is perfect. Nobody is 'hating' on anything because there's simply nothing to hate on.

It is a lie. No Catholic will pretend or tell you that the Catholic Church is perfect. The Church is only led by the perfect Holy Spirit.

And..to clarify: we dont believe in "churches." We believe there is only one Church.

I beg you, quit the hating...for the good of your soul.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:41am On Jul 23, 2013
maxibrainz:
do you know i attended catholic for 6 years and never saw any miracle, so take that home i am not speaking about what i was told but what i experienced.

What about I who has seen many many miracles?

By the way, we Catholics dont worship God because we want miracles...that is not love. We worship God because we love him. Think about a girl who's dating a guy because of the material things she can get from him...and another girl who is dating the guy simply because she loves him. Who do you think the guy will marry?

AND REMEMBER THE FINAL WEDDING BANQUET IS COMING UP IN HEAVEN.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:46am On Jul 23, 2013
nwadaigbo: dont mind them. They are jealous of the church. They are amazed that the church is still strong upon all the attacks from their fellow aclaimed xtians, muslims n atheists alike. All those small churches do not knw is that they are livin under the shadow of cath church. Once cath. Is down, xtianity will be down. Cath. Continues to carry d burden of xtianity. Yet they claim more xtian than cath.and indirectly work against xtianity by attackng cath which is d pillar.

Very true. Take a look at abortion and gay marriage for example. Who is the only voice against abortion and gay marriage in the world? Other people claim to follow Christ yet they remain silent and some even encourage these evils.

May the Lord help us.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ELKANAHMARCUS: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2013
I am the church serving the Almighty God, the creator of heaven and earth in truth and in spirit I am not obligated to any building, method or doctrine. I listen to men of God take what they said that is according to the word of God in the bible. I may stick to one building pending on the priest in charge.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:54am On Jul 23, 2013
rezzy:

Im 100% sure she wasnt lying. It was a whole lot of story. I cant start writing it here. My cousin once stayed with her father's sister who is a rev sister at st patrick cath church, alaba international. Anytime she comes to our house, she told us what is going on there, then she was less than 13 so i know she couldnt have been fabricating those stories.

My colleague at work was a would-be rev father before. He told us how he went to Rome and the rubbish he was doing with a white woman until he was caught and got dismissed. Other were so lucky and remained a rev father till today. He showed us pix as evidence. Infact he strolls into the father's house at st Andrew cath church ilemba hausa ajangbadi.

Note: I am not saying the father at st Andrew isnt faithful to his calling o

You want me to believe all these things just because you say so?

Will you believe me if I tell you of hundreds of faithful priests and sisters?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nelajayi(m): 10:30am On Jul 23, 2013
rezzy:

So others the gates of hell will prevail against them abi?
only time will tell rezzy!
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Rassco(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by sova(m): 2:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Defend ur faith nd nt ur church, d fact dat we av bad leaders in Naija does nt mk us to denounce our citizenship so is d church. tryin to defend ur church may warant God anger,we shud defend our faith which is in God. Either a catholic,anglican,methodist or protestant,we seek one God.

I am and stil a catholic, a former president of altar servers,d day i read abt d history of the oethodox church,i almost lost faith,bt my faith got bigger,i dnt castigat any religion,nor believes, as far as ur faith is build on Christ.

we av bad Imam, we av good Imam, bad Rev fr nd gud ones, bad pastors nd gud pastors,bad ifa priest nd gud ifa priest.

Africa will continue to be backward on devlopmnt if we dnt let loose religious fanatism, instead of providing solutions to developmental problems, we spend ours in worship centrs prayn for our God to cm down.

Anywher u pitch ur tent, worship God in faith nd stop d segregatn SHIKENA!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Konjour(m): 5:08am On Jul 24, 2013
bodee:
oh! What a pity
I pray you see the light

Show yourself the light mate. And save your pity for those who need it.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by SalC: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2013
Catholic all the way

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Daintytee1: 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Meringe: Still a catholic and will continue to be one till death.

Long live the Mother Church,

Long live the Christedom!

Advise 2 d Catholics:

Cos d Catholic church is d Mother church..does imply dat it is d only church God created 2 proclaim His Word?.
It like saying C.M.S which was d first School in Nig... is d best Sch, just because its d first sch.(Dis is jes an example)
Av met catholics who usually tell me dat the one nd true religion wriiten in the bible referred 2 d Catholic church thereby insinuatn dat all oda religions are False.
I beg u in d name of God, if this is ur believe...pls do av a re-think.
Jehovah GOD is nt a one-way GOD. D world is 2 big..2 av his gospel preached in only one church. Did God not specifically stated in d bible dt he has given us diff gifts. E.g Pastors,Prophets,Evangelist etc.
The GOD that ordained d Priest also ordained other people 2 becum ministers of d Gospel.
Pls don't get me wrong...i do attend d Catholic Church...but wen i hear people speak ill of other churches,i get pained.
B4 u Judge. Pls answer dis questns:
Does God not make Himself present in oda churches?
Are His signs nd wonders not obvious?
Do all Catholics go 2 heaven?
Do Non-catholics go 2 hell?
Did God not assigned His chosen 2 work 4 Him in diff ways. I.e(Daniel,Moses,Abraham,Paul) etc
Just as we av Fake Pastors out there, so also are there Fake Priests.(Correct me if i am wrong). I BEG U NOT 2 DISCRIMINATE...COS IT IS A SIN. U PORTRAY URSELF AS BIN SELF- RIGHTEOUS..THEREBY JUDGING GOD'S PEOPLE.
MATT 7 VS 1 SAYS' JUDGE NOT DAT YE BE NOT JUDGED'.
A word is enuf 4 d wise.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
italo:

You want me to believe all these things just because you say so?

Will you believe me if I tell you of hundreds of faithful priests and sisters?

yes, why wont i believe you? But the percentage is so low, exremely low.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
I dont have any business anymore. I went to church because of the chick I eyed in my street....when I found out that she is not accepting my proposal, I leave the church.

Hot christian chicks are out there.......I got myself one.....mission accomplised........soldier retreat from church

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.