Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22079 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Zonacom(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass
You guys will never stop the hate. About miracles, uncountable miracles have hapened via the praying of the Holy Rosary

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by free2ryhme: 12:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
exxell: Catholic till death.... Was born one, will marry one and will die one! Glory to Jesus... Honour To Mary!

its your choice ....
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by free2ryhme: 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
Zona.com:

You guys will never stop the hate. About miracles, uncountable miracles have hapened via the praying of the Holy Rosary

show me where jesus pray the rosary in the bible ??

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nwadaigbo: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

show me where jesus was wearing suit, dancing azonto, alanta and collecting money from people fraudulently as u ppl do in ur pentecostal churches. Miracle abound unless u r blind to d marrow. That u r alive, healthy, attend schl where some ppl are not opportuned to, u hav ur patents alive while some are orphan. U hav access to internet bc u can afford it while others wallow in ignorance. Tell me it is by ur power or might if not bc God favoured u and ur family. Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Zonacom(m): 12:55pm On Jul 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

Dont want to derail this tread sha but...
(1)'Hail mary full of grace the lord is with you'... were the words of angel gabriel, the spokesperson of God/Jesus.
So you see, no be we begin d hail jesus maale first, papa God himself don hail am

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
nwadaigbo: the bible says "do not be hearers of the word but doers of the word". My dear, not d quantity of sermon u hear, but how many u keep. Righteousness is the message of the kingdom. Charity, kindness, mercy are attributes of a good christian not how many churches and sermons he hears.

Would u put away ill mannered assumptions and allow the Victim speak!

Did I complain of them running short of sermons or running short of 'Credible' sermons?

What are u on about then?

I Jumped ship cos I never got 'credible teachings', i was apparentely wishing to be a better xtian and getting teachings that either went haywire or confusing was never going to help my course.

Ask questions next time u're about quoting what u're not certain of!
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ebenice(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
just becos u go to a sactuary as early as 7o'clock ..pray for help from a dead saint instaed of a Living God..who ask u to pray only in d name of His SON..insted U prefer 2 kneel B4 am image nd chantin by rollin a plastic-like styled round rope..dogmatically hopin sometin new will hapen nd goin to a fellow man to coffess faults when u dont even knw wat he himself does in secret..well i dint mention any bodies name..but gaskiya..if d cap fit feel free to wear it..no offence meant

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy

how does 1 PUNTURE a phone is d@ suppose to be a new techno function or mobile fone terminology?....
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
Didn't really leave ma church, just changed d branch...
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Zonacom(m): 1:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
As usual, discusions like this always end at one thing; we christians making a mockery of ourselves. Every friday, topics about islam that hit frontpage only helps in solidifying the faith of an average muslim. But same cannot be said about christian topics on sundays
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 1:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Was born catholic, left @ 20 when i was in 2nd yr University of Benin, cos i "saw the light". Now am mature and i jus discovered i "saw the light" again but guess where dis time... derz nothing like being Catholic.Am Back home again to the church. Cos this is where i find full assurance of salvation in the Eucharistic Jesus of the altar...10yrs of adventuring in "born-againism"- I mean no offence cos i d@ was my perception b4 that i was born again outside d catholic church. Buh i discovered bn Born again goes beyond mere words..to b born again is to b practising in the light of Jesus n in his true presence(The catholic church)! Glory to Jesus....

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 1:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
ebenice: just becos u go to a sactuary as early as 7o'clock ..pray for help from a dead saint instaed of a Living God..who ask u to pray only in d name of His SON..insted U prefer 2 kneel B4 am image nd chantin by rollin a plastic-like styled round rope..dogmatically hopin sometin new will hapen nd goin to a fellow man to coffess faults when u dont even knw wat he himself does in secret..well i dint mention any bodies name..but gaskiya..if d cap fit feel free to wear it..no offence meant

mr man sorry eyah...y u dey vex...well incase u dnt knw "somtin happens o!" ...like seriously. Even last night i won d devil in a battle jus by Askin St. Michael d archangels intercession. Try it n c wonders!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Well, 1 reason i left winners n came back to the church is d@ i got fed up of my pastor tellin me financial prosperity n all that capitalist laddened sermons. I was tired of acquiring finance for mysef n d pastor alone while my neighbors next door cudnt afford a meal. I mean i wasnt bn told how to love, how to be moral, how to serve God by fighting sin, all i heard evry sunday was how i was gon reciev an envelope of maney or a car in profesies...lol. Well, i jus cudnt keep living in a lie. So i parked my things after 10yrs and went back to confession. N i felt d weight lifted. I am now living good again as catholic with all attendant blessings accruable 4rm the spirit of God. God bless u all

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
To u they don't preach cuz they don't prophesy to u that u will be rich rather they tell u all is VANITY and u will DIE someday!!
Bitter truth deal with it fooooool
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2013
Idol worshippers and ur father! Is our babalawo. mumu
dhensity:

smh till death,...u better repent...u idol woshippers
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Linoversace: 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
dhensity:

smh till death,...u better repent...u idol woshippers

What about you? Have you seen the Light? grin
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by cold(m): 1:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
I left the church,left the faith,kicked religion to the kerb & truly became a better peron
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Temptee101(m): 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
Our pastor's wifey wz eyein mi so i left. Now in a new church, d pastor himself dey eye mi
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Eloghosa78: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
I changed my church when I discovered that D pastor was no longer preaching Heaven but Money!!....Nd now am in where Heaven nd Holiness is d watchword.#DCLM#.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 1:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
eastman11: I was born Catholic but due to change of location I started attending a nearby pentico but had to run back to Catholic when they could not give me a breathing space, coming to my house and office and expecting me to hand over all my monthly salary to them became unbearable and l had to apply Ben Johnson.

dis guy ur a clown. Which 1 b penitico again. So we now na "cathico?"...lwkmd grin
eastman11: I was born Catholic but due to change of location I started attending a nearby pentico but had to run back to Catholic when they could not give me a breathing space, coming to my house and office and expecting me to hand over all my monthly salary to them became unbearable and l had to apply Ben Johnson.

dis guy ur a clown. Which 1 b penitico again. So we now na "cathico?"...lwkmd

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Msgamble: 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
King harzyz: man made religion....I pray in any mosque I no get problem with any imam...now am in rivers state from lagos...chilling with the muslim umma here....we speak one language..I urge u to search for what islam means today...and Not what hypocrite says: Peace
what? U're nt serious..what does islam means-underage marriage,sucide bombing(46 died yesterday in iraq),hate preaching, unforgiveness(an average muslim),intolerance,no wonder the faith in 9ja,ghana etc is dwindline...As for church swaping,different situation called for diff. Reasoning..prayer(C.A.C N MFM), Praising-pencostal churchs, Spiritual teaching(catholic,deeplife church)..i rest my case

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by livebullet(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Temptee101: Our pastor's wifey wz eyein mi so i left. Now in a new church, d pastor himself dey eye mi

omg! 9jerians! Choi u guys wanna ki me wit laff

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
livebullet: Well, 1 reason i left winners n came back to the church is d@ i got fed up of my pastor tellin me financial prosperity n all that capitalist laddened sermons. I was tired of acquiring finance for mysef n d pastor alone while my neighbors next door cudnt afford a meal. I mean i wasnt bn told how to love, how to be moral, how to serve God by fighting sin, all i heard evry sunday was how i was gon reciev an envelope of maney or a car in profesies...lol. Well, i jus cudnt keep living in a lie. So i parked my things after 10yrs and went back to confession. N i felt d weight lifted. I am now living good again as catholic with all attendant blessings accruable 4rm the spirit of God. God bless u all

May the Lord strengthen you in your journey.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Strongfaze(m): 1:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
King harzyz: man made religion....I pray in any mosque I no get problem with any imam...now am in rivers state from lagos...chilling with the muslim umma here....we speak one language..I urge u to search for what islam means today...and Not what hypocrite says: Peace
hey bros, SING THAT SONG TO SOMEBODY ELSE. why you want fall your hand? In ISLAM YOU HAVE TWO MAIN SECTS: SUNNI AND SHIA. HUNDREDS ARE KILLED IN IRAQ BECAUSE OF YOUR DIVERGENT VIEWS. SAUDI ARABIA IS PREDOMINANTLY SUNNI AND THEY DO NOT AGREE WITH IRAN WHICH IS PREDOMINANTLY SHIA. SO WHICH ARE YOU? IF YOU DOUBT IT, THEN BROWSE IT.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by baggylips(m): 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
From the comments so far,one thing just comes to my mind.The divine promise given to Peter by our lord Jesus Christ
"U..peter,upon your rock i will build my church and d gate of hell shall not prevail against it"
THANK GOD I AM A CATHOLIC.proud of my fellow catholics on Nairaland and finally Christians in general..God bless U all!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Put it is simple english :

U are a church prostitute grin
You are a Learner. You don't even know what's Church prostitue!
So I should abandon a nearby Church that practice the same faith as mine & travel several kilometres to my old Church just because I wanna worship there. As if God can't be worshipped in the nearby Church that's similar to the distant one.
Last Bullet:
You need to really understand why some people don't worship in the same Church. Distance & change of locations is one of the reasons. It's not all of them that's Church prostitute.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
For those faithful Catholics saying they will die Catholic...just to remind you, death does not separate us from the Church of God. Even after death, we will remain Catholic...as Saints (God willing).

God bless the Holy Mother Church.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Put it is simple english :

U are a church prostitute grin
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2013
It won't change, never. Proudly catholic.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Chikapali(m): 1:48pm On Jul 21, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][i][/i]
Meringe: Still a catholic and will continue to be one till death.

Long live the Mother Church,

Long live the Christedom!
like only catholics are proud enough to identify themselves... But i was expecting one to tell me why he is still a catholic with bible back-ups.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by mkoabiola: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2013
I impregnated d pastor's last born.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / [Thread Updated daily] Bible Study/devotionals? Click Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.