Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22112 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 9:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
Richieboyn:

DO NOT MAKE GENERAL STATEMENTS AND DON'T SPEAK LIKE SOMEONE WITHOUT EDUCATION. YES, DERE ARE S REV. FRS WHO DT KEEP TO THEIR VOWS-BUT FOR YOU TO PLACE IT AS IF ALL OF THEM ARE D SAME IS NOT SMTN EXPECTED OF AN EDUCATED FELLOW. D FACT DAT U WER NOT A GENUINE REPENTANT FELLOW AS AN ALTAR SERVER DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU. U TALK LYK SM1 WITHOUT EDUCATION, D GIRLS COME IN D MRN AND GO I D EVENING, AND SO? IN D LAW COURT; UV NT SAID ANYTHING because U HV NO PROOF DAT ANYTN TRANSIRED. SO PLS GO D EAT-UR OBVIOUSLY HUNGRY

20% faithful rev fathers. Thats the honest truth.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
chrisme: stop changing church rather change your life. remember say you yourself na God's temple

1000 likes
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
U lie! And pls if d men in ur family and generation are unfaithful don't generalise others!
rezzy:

20% faithful rev fathers. Thats the honest truth.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Lovethywilbedon: 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rich4god: A thread was opened asking "What made you leave your church"... And suddenly, the thread turns into Catholic bashing thread. Why wont you guys just respect other peoples faith and try to improve your own faith. This church bashing dont tell well of our christian faith. For me... Am still and will remain a CATHOLIC.
The same with me, I will die in Christ will remaining a CATOLIC. No Changing of Church, NEVER.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Homebaked: 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
I left the catholic church when the full import of the 'immaculate conception dogma' dawned on me. The dogma seeks to elevate Mary to the status of a god by proclaiming her free from inherited sin, being the tabernacle which bore the godly child- Jesus.Behold I now attend RCCG where prosperity on earth messages are applauded. And also where numerical church growth, which translates to high financial yield, is more often emphasized than the spiritual.I am planning to bolt again but this time Heaven wards where the Holy Spirit is the Teacher-a church without walls or boundaries.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by georgeehis(m): 10:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Jehovah's Witnesses teach the truth from the bible!
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Homebaked: I left the catholic church when the full import of the 'immaculate conception dogma' dawned on me. The dogma seeks to elevate Mary to the status of a god by proclaiming her free from inherited sin, being the tabernacle which bore the godly child- Jesus.Behold I now attend RCCG where prosperity on earth messages are applauded. And also where numerical church growth, which translates to high financial yield, is more often emphasized than the spiritual.I am planning to bolt again but this time Heaven wards where the Holy Spirit is the Teacher-a church without walls or boundaries.

May the Lord lead you to his true Church. Try to ask him this in prayer... I am sure he will not leave you confused.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 10:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
peppy luv: My brother U r d best! Simple and strait 4wad answer!!
@ op we knw u opened this thread to bash catholics but dnt worry,u pple can't shake us!
D church may fall on her knees durin its troubled times and persecution but not in defeat but in prayers!
As a Xtian am not supposed to say this but haters pls do this
Perhaps Ý๏ǖ didn't read ЂΞ ops statement before u ventured into this tread. Better do.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
MOD why are u doing this to my comments? I'm Just trying to prove charity begins on nairaland.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by manmustwac(m): 11:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
shikshark: MOD why are u doing this to my comments? I'm Just trying to prove charity begins on nairaland.
stop insulting other members please
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by mrarranger: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2013
WHO CARES !!!
NFSC DOES!!!!
(for those who doesnt know)
NFCS-Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students..
Am still living the faith and will keep living it till earthly death do us part.

A CATHOLIC AND PROUD ;DWHO CARES !!!
NFSC DOES!!!!
(for those who doesnt know)
NFCS-Nigeria Federation of Catholic Students..
Am still living the faith and will keep living it till earthly death do us part.

A CATHOLIC AND PROUD

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
manmustwac: stop insulting other members please
Sorry IT started it and IT picked on the wrong guy
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
peppy luv: U lie! And pls if d men in ur family and generation are unfaithful don't generalise others!

we are talking about rev fathers.
I didnt say all rev fathers, i said 20%. I maybe wrong though.

My friend served in a missionary school at isi alagwa, Abia state. The rev father disturbed her thru out her one yr that she had to lie that she is married, the father said it doesnt matter.

Its everywhere including "pastors" in penticostal churches but you catholics make people believe your Rev fathers are so holy.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by faitheverest(f): 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
samuelkaykay: spiritual immaturity,no church is perfect but every living church is supervised by A PERFECT CHRIST.
True talk here.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by sylve11: 12:24am On Jul 22, 2013
peppy luv: U lie! And pls if d men in ur family and generation are unfaithful don't generalise others!

ok, so hw many percent? cool
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 12:28am On Jul 22, 2013
rezzy:

we are talking about rev fathers.
I didnt say all rev fathers, i said 20%. I maybe wrong though.

My friend served in a missionary school at isi alagwa, Abia state. The rev father disturbed her thru out her one yr that she had to lie that she is married, the father said it doesnt matter.

Its everywhere including "pastors" in penticostal churches but you catholics make people believe your Rev fathers are so holy.

These men have given up wives, family, children, property...everything to serve the Lord and his people...

...but some prophets of doom just go around looking for ways to concoct bad stories about them, whether true or false.

Do you know whether your friend was lying or not?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 22, 2013
so many Catholic fanatics here mehn. sad

How about we the white garment church members. Abi we too no go go heaven? angry

God told Moses to pull off his shoes on Holy ground!! Any one who doesn't practice that will not see the Kingdom! angry

*just yoking o* grin

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 22, 2013
italo:

These men have given up wives, family, children, property...everything to serve the Lord and his people...

...but[b] some prophets of doom just go around looking for ways to concoct bad stories about them[/b], whether true or false.

Do you know whether your friend was lying or not?

Okay time to get serious... angry

Whether the friend is lying or not doesn't matter. The question is do you agree that just as is the case with so many pastors and prophets of other kinds of churches today, there are many priests who engage in very evil acts??- as in priests who are just wolves in sheep clothing? It's one thing to be catholic and a completely different story to be blind to the very apparent unholy practices that threaten to soil the reputation of the catholic church. I have two friends in seminary schools right now... believe me, you don't want me to give you the details of what one of those guys does even though he is in his fifth year now. lipsrsealed There's nothing special about being catholic, protestant or whatever. Just follow wetin bible talk in it's true sense... the remaning tinz na jara.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 1:08am On Jul 22, 2013
ekwah:

Okay time to get serious... angry

Whether the friend is lying or not doesn't matter. The question is do you agree that just as is the case with so many pastors and prophets of other kinds of churches today, there are many priests who engage in very evil acts??- as in priests who are just wolves in sheep clothing? It's one thing to be catholic and a completely different story to be blind to the very apparent unholy practices that threaten to soil the reputation of the catholic church. I have two friends in seminary schools right now... believe me, you don't want me to give you the details of what one of those guys does even though he is in his fifth year now. lipsrsealed There's nothing special about being catholic, protestant or whatever. Just follow wetin bible talk in it's true sense... the remaning tinz na jara.

I know more than you that there are many Judases in the Church. What I dont know is why haters are more interested in the Judases among every 12, than the Peters, Johns, Jameses, Andrews, Matthews, Philips, Bartholomews etc and all the 11s among every 12 in the Catholic priesthood.

Do you want me to give examples?

Secondly, are you sure you dont do the evil acts you accuse these priests of?

Or is it only priests that the 10 commandments are for?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Patuwa: 1:50am On Jul 22, 2013
We can see clearly that the Catholic Church is the one true church, It members dont flickers or roam about like mobile lines.

I believe in the Holy Catholic Church, I believe in the Holy Spirt, I beleive in the forgiveness of sin, I believe in the Ressurection of the dead and life everlasting.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Goshen360(m): 1:57am On Jul 22, 2013
John 6:68
Amplified Bible (AMP)

Simon Peter answered, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 2:40am On Jul 22, 2013
italo:

I know more than you that there are many Judases in the Church. What I dont know is why haters are more interested in the Judases among every 12, than the Peters, Johns, Jameses, Andrews, Matthews, Philips, Bartholomews etc and all the 11s among every 12 in the Catholic priesthood.

Do you want me to give examples?

Secondly, are you sure you dont do the evil acts you accuse these priests of?

Or is it only priests that the 10 commandments are for?

I do the evil things, but at least I don't pretend as if I don't.tongue People pick on these things because a lot of Catholics tend to act as if their church is perfect and as if it's only the non-catholic churches that have problems. Like someone already pointed out, no church is perfect. Nobody is 'hating' on anything because there's simply nothing to hate on.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 22, 2013
Patuwa: We can see clearly that the Catholic Church is the one true church, It members dont flickers or roam about like mobile lines.

I believe in the Holy Catholic Church, I believe in the Holy Spirt, I beleive in the forgiveness of sin, I believe in the Ressurection of the dead and life everlasting.

Abegi! grin Between I attend Catholic masses once in a while so I ain't anti-catholic. I am just against foolish statements.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by kieryn(f): 3:29am On Jul 22, 2013
there were two reasons number one when the focus change from love and salvation to wealth and prosperity and secondly when the pastor could not answer my questions ab God or any topic but will answer by saying God is a mystery or that is beyond our understanding. so I left and I'm yet to find another.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by scholes23(m): 6:53am On Jul 22, 2013
kITA TITA:

Very powerful sermon on hospitality at St Gerald

St Gerald , which location pls?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by maxibrainz: 7:08am On Jul 22, 2013
Zona.com:

Dont want to derail this tread sha but...
(1)'Hail mary full of grace the lord is with you'... were the words of angel gabriel, the spokesperson of God/Jesus.
So you see, no be we begin d hail jesus maale first, papa God himself don hail am
Hail mary but did Jesus Christ mentioned anywhere in the Bible that we should pray in the name of the mother you guys should wait there and keep telling mary and angels or saints to pray for you, pray that prayer till next year nothing would happen because Jesus christ has already stated in the Bible anything you ask in my name that would i do John 14:13-14 take note: Jesus Christ didnot say whatever you ask in my mother,anger or saint name. You can also read John 14:6 were Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me". Also read Matthew 6:9-13 Jesus thought us how to pray He thought us the Lord's prayer "Our Father who art in heaven,......." Jesus didnot state there that we should pray with any rosary take note
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by maxibrainz: 7:21am On Jul 22, 2013
Chikapali: [color=#990000][/color][i][/i] like only catholics are proud enough to identify themselves... But i was expecting one to tell me why he is still a catholic with bible back-ups.
what do you expect when the read only pamphlets which the bought at the church gate anytime the go to Church, how many of them read their Bibles, infact how many of them got Bibles

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga / World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.