Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22083 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by demelza: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2013
I love worshipping in small, cozy churches which is why I love RCCG. Left my parents church, Winners with its huge congregation, for it. Also the nearness to home is a major factor.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by morningsta(m): 11:51am On Jul 21, 2013
I haven't left yet, but I wish I could leave. Boring and un-inspiring sermons is my major worry. After service every Sunday, I can barely point out what I have learnt or gained. Finding it difficult to leave because it is a small church and my absence is felt any day I don't show up. Pastor and other members follow me up aggressively when I don't show up for service. How I go take vomit na?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by morningsta(m): 11:51am On Jul 21, 2013
I haven't left yet, but I wish I could leave. Boring and un-inspiring sermons is my major worry. After service every Sunday, I can barely point out what I have learnt or gained. Finding it difficult to leave because it is a small church and my absence is felt any day I don't show up. Pastor and other members follow me up aggressively when I don't show up for service. How I go take comot na?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by tobillionaire(m): 11:52am On Jul 21, 2013
alfas nko
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Rooneyboy(m): 11:55am On Jul 21, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I leave Churches due to locations. I v attended CAC, RCCG, LFC & few Pentecostal Churches.
Last Bullet:
I m presently a member of RCCG. I attended the Church cos it's now the nearest to my house.

Put it in simple english :

U are a church prostitute grin
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by xynerise: 11:56am On Jul 21, 2013
I was once a catholic , but now I am a core catholic. By God's grace, I will change to a staunch catholic

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
Your teachings gives me a reason to stick with ur faith.

My former Church made no move to dish out credible sermons on Sundays, I went for a ground where'd get elightened.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Ajuora: 12:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hail mary full of grace the lord is ................ catholic all d way till i kpai

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Adedoks(m): 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2013
morningsta: I haven't left yet, but I wish I could leave. Boring and un-inspiring sermons is my major worry. After service every Sunday, I can barely point out what I have learnt or gained. Finding it difficult to leave because it is a small church and my absence is felt any day I don't show up. Pastor and other members follow me up aggressively when I don't show up for service. How I go take comot na?
just an advice bro,u had beter change if ure nt gainin anytin spiritually bro,dont b a one eye king in a vilage of blind people... God give u wisdom

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Saraha1(f): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
Had to change to MFM,whn my previous church was not meeting my spiritual expectation.All they knew is fashion and Entertainment.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by dabossman(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
bad_ass_nigga: which church ...those pastors r thieves
So is your boss, but you still go to work. So is the petrol attendant, but you still buy fuel. So is Iya Risi who owns the mama put, but you still buy food.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
Catholic till death.... Was born one, will marry one and will die one! Glory to Jesus... Honour To Mary!

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
exxell: Catholic till death.... Was born one, will marry one and will die one! Glory to Jesus... Honour To Mary!

SMH

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Put it is simple english

U are a church prostitute grin

Are U Sure English Is That Simple? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by omode2(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sarah a: Had to change to MFM,whn my previous church was not meeting my spiritual expectation.All they knew is fashion and Entertainment.
As in they dont pray well abi?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by eastman11: 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
I was born Catholic but due to change of location I started attending a nearby pentico but had to run back to Catholic when they could not give me a breathing space, coming to my house and office and expecting me to hand over all my monthly salary to them became unbearable and l had to apply Ben Johnson.

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 12:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy
Ї honestly wish Ý๏ǖ could relish with ϻё ЂΞ joy Ї derive each time Ї attend masses. My dear pls u ǟяɇ at ЂΞ right place, just get into a cathcesim class. That will broaden your faith ãпԃ make u Ţ☹ understand ЂΞ doctrines of catholic church.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Tos87(m): 12:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
El Guapo:

SMH
Why ǟяɇ Ý๏ǖ shaking your head..his is living his faith ãпԃ please, which ǟяɇ Ý๏ǖ?

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nwadaigbo: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2013
Arcard: I stl dy kamkpe #teamcatholic# if u say ur chrch is nt serious jst knw dat its u whos nt serious
team catholic church. Lets go there. Hope all catholics in this forum attended holy mass today. Am already back. I learnt to be hospitable today just as abraham was to an unknown visitor and God blessed him with Isaac.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by IdomaLikita: 12:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
Okija_juju: Pastor was a thief.. Started lying on the pulpit. Started stealing from the church account. Tried to bribe us by making us head of a New fairly big branch.. Married the lead chorister in church barely 8months after is wife died. Pastor kept claiming to be a former university lecturer when he was only the radiographer in the school clinic, pastor went on to buy a house with the church building offering money, pastor also bought a doctorate degree from a mushroom university somewhere in Ondo state, e.t.c...

Why Beef A Hustler?

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
xynerise: I was once a catholic , but now I am a core catholic. By God's grace, I will change to a staunch catholic

You couldnt have said it any better bro

5 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by maxibrainz: 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ajuora: Hail mary full of grace the lord is ................ catholic all d way till i kpai
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass

6 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by watchful(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
nenergy: If your church can't 'change' you (life or situation), then change your church. Simple!
yes pastor lazarus muoka likely preach this every time
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
chokolatte:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked like seriously..u don't mean it

No jokes......
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by olivvvia: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Nicepoker: Church na church. U can attend 1 each sunday if u lyk.
undecided
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nwadaigbo: 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy
whether u pray from morning till night, pray silently or loudly, change prayer like cloth or not. All prayers are directed to d Almighty and he alone chooses who to answer. Your mode of prayer and style of prayer or lenghty prayers doesn't change Gods ability to answer you. Thats mans understanding in display.the last time i checked, catholics, anglicans, muslims, pentecostals, even non believers are answered and blessed by God. Think about it.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by olivvvia: 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
maxibrainz:
Hail wot, Jesus christ said am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me. Am just tired of catholics and the way the take this mary stuff am yet to see any miracle that happened in a catholic church after praying to mary, every evening the kneel infront of the image of mary in the name of block rosary, in the old testament it was writen in the bible that do not make or bow to any image either the things in heaven,earth or beneath the earth, all this catholics just repeating the same thing in every mass
and...

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by AbuMikey(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
Always been an Anglican cool
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ebenice(m): 12:41pm On Jul 21, 2013
...i change church 4 few reasons ..like..1)the babes r not fine enuf..or not too encoragin features..Or d babes r already hooked up..or they kip frowny hard faces..2)..i change church..becos of wat is permitted or obtanable..like music dacin styles..d livelyness of d yuths n d presidin pastors or rev..3)i change church becos i want a new sence of belongin..nd with other few absurd or wordly passion reasons ..but gaskiya..no mata how had i try to change to suit my self..a voice kip tellin me ...U MUST BE BORN AGAIN AND REPENT OF UR SINS..ACCEPT JESUS AS UR LORD AND SAVIOUR OR ELSE...FORGET TODAY IS SUNDAY..i had No peace until i obeyed..now it dosent mater wich church i attend..if i dint hear dis words from whoeva is d astor at any point in time in his sermon..i just pack my tins..and vermous
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Roland17(m): 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
I am not a Catholic because i was born into one, I am a Catholic because God has proven himself over and over and over and over and over again through the power of the Eucharist, the blessings are numerous and i would remain a Faithful catholic until my dying days, nothing would ever change that.

7 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nwadaigbo: 12:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
El Guapo: Your teachings gives me a reason to stick with ur faith.

My former Church made no move to dish out credible sermons on Sundays, I went for a ground where'd get elightened.
the bible says "do not be hearers of the word but doers of the word". My dear, not d quantity of sermon u hear, but how many u keep. Righteousness is the message of the kingdom. Charity, kindness, mercy are attributes of a good christian not how many churches and sermons he hears.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Freiburger(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
I 've only got only one place of worship that is part of my body, so i need no changing of buildings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

COVID-19: OPM Donates Ambulance To Rivers State Government / Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / How MFM Was Born, By Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.