Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. (22110 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Reasons Why You Should Start Attending Sunday Schools This 2016 / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Rich4god(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
A thread was opened asking "What made you leave your church"... And suddenly, the thread turns into Catholic bashing thread. Why wont you guys just respect other peoples faith and try to improve your own faith. This church bashing dont tell well of our christian faith. For me... Am still and will remain a CATHOLIC.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Itoroetti(m): 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
Member of QUA IBOE CHURCH and won't change.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
When I started searching the truth out myself in the bible and I became convinced that we will be judged by it, I put man made doctrine aside and moved on. anything any man say today that I am not convinced about, I search my bible and the by the leading of the spirit I take a stand using the bible as standard.
I pray we worship God in truth and spirit. You will not be judged by the church you attended but if you really live by the standard of God. One thing I can tell you I will be till death is a christian, but whether catholic, RCCG, Deeper Life, MFM etc is immaterial what is important is "good and faithful servant come into the kingdom prepared for you" at the end.
God bless us in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by PastorKun(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2013
Rich4god: A thread was opened asking "What made you leave your church"... And suddenly, the thread turns into Catholic bashing thread. Why wont you guys just respect other peoples faith and try to improve your own faith. This church bashing dont tell well of our christian faith. For me... Am still and will remain a CATHOLIC.

In my opinion the catholics brought this bashing upon themselves, the thread was addressed to christians that had changed their church yet born catholics who had never changed denomination started post after post pledging undying loyalty to the catholic church. Personally I am not into catholic bashing but I believe our loyalty should be to christ and not which denomination we attend. Apostle Paul made this very clear in 1 corinthians 1.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by rezzy: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
Cajetan speaks: I hardly honour any thanksgiving service invitation outside the catholic churches not to talk of changing church. (I dey craze?)

something like that
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Mutaino7(m): 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2013
Sarah a: Had to change to MFM,whn my previous church was not meeting my spiritual expectation.All they knew is fashion and Entertainment.
Am also a member of MFM. i love the church because i realized that mad problems need mad prayers and dat as a black man in a black nation negativity accosted to blacks will also be used against me. The lovely part is that they teach u how to fight with prayer so that u urself become a firebrand.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Kave(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
FALSE RELIGION

MEDDLES IN WAR AND POLITICS
“If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar.” (1 John 4:20) Jesus even said: “Continue to love your enemies.” (Matthew 5:44) How many religions can you think of whose members engage in war?

SPREADS FALSE DOCTRINE:
Most religions teach that the soul or spirit is some invisible part of a human that survives the death of the physical body. By means of this teaching, many of these religions exploit their members, charging money to pray for departed souls. However, the Bible teaches a different doctrine. “The soul that is sinning—it itself will die.” (Ezekiel 18:4) “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) Jesus taught that the dead will be resurrected—an unnecessary action if humans had an immortal soul. (John 11:11-25) Does your religion teach that the soul does not die?

TOLERATES IMMORAL SEX:
In Western lands, church groups ordain gay and lesbian members of the clergy and urge governments to recognize same-sex marriages. Even churches that condemn immorality have tolerated religious leaders who have sexually abused children. What, though, does the Bible teach? It plainly states: “Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men . . . will inherit God’s kingdom.” (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10) Do you know of religions that condone immoral sex?

SO THATS IT, DECIDE FOR YOURSELF........ NO LONG TALKS

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by dhensity: 5:34pm On Jul 21, 2013
Linoversace:

You were a muslim before…so you a free thinker now or an atheist?

am a christian nau
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by senator2k9(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
aryzgreat: am a catholic, and satisfied with the mode of worship and teaching i get, will NEVER change my church but i may change parish due to job demand tru transfer. Glory to Jesus!
honour to Mary

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2013
Always pray to God for guidiance. Look for a place u can SERVE God not just to be a member. To worship him in spirit and truth... NOTE in the presence of God there is joy and fulfilment
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by obi123: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2013
Arcard: I stl dy kamkpe #teamcatholic# if u say ur chrch is nt serious jst knw dat its u whos nt serious

honestly oh, every sunday is like baptism to me, a renewal of my faith, each time i sit at Westminster cathedral for mass i'm convinced that i was meant to be catholic till death , having said i havent changed church since i was born and have no plans to
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by obi123: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

In my opinion the catholics brought this bashing upon themselves, the thread was addressed to christians that had changed their church yet born catholics who had never changed denomination started post after post pledging undying loyalty to the catholic church. Personally I am not into catholic bashing but I believe our loyalty should be to christ and not which denomination we attend. Apostle Paul made this very clear in 1 corinthians 1.

the people with the problem are people who have a problem with catholics who will not change , how is it an invitation for bashing ?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by SPSpecial(m): 6:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
gzib: When I started searching the truth out myself in the bible and I became convinced that we will be judged by it, I put man made doctrine aside and moved on. anything any man say today that I am not convinced about, I search my bible and the by the leading of the spirit I take a stand using the bible as standard.
I pray we worship God in truth and spirit. You will not be judged by the church you attended but if you really live by the standard of God. One thing I can tell you I will be till death is a christian, but whether catholic, RCCG, Deeper Life, MFM etc is immaterial what is important is "good and faithful servant come into the kingdom prepared for you" at the end.
God bless us in Jesus name.
This is the what i like, i dont still understand why this topic should be raised in the first place.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by bodee(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
AmorSincero: Change church? Yes, but only in heaven when I will sing with the Cherubim and Seraphim.

But on earth here, born a Catholic, Baptized a Catholic and will die a Catholic.
and perish in hell because of the sin of idolatory. Are you guys blind?
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Cleopatranwa(f): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
Point of correction,dat he's a pastor does not mean he can't be a contractor n a bizness man as well! I don't see y u would say he lied.Pastor Dr Joshua Talena is a selfless man,a very humble and dedicated man of God! A humanitarian to d core! go back to ur friend n get ur facts straight.
peppy luv: My dear am not tryin to discourage u o cuz catholic dnt beg for members,soldier go,soldier come,we ramain d same but that ur pastor did somtin terrible which is a big sin! HE LIED!! Was caught in london with lots of cash and when asked his occupation he lied that he was a contractor and sells cars!! Some1 close to him told me and left d church for COZA but stil complainin abt d church thou his real church is Anglican but he left cuz of d legalised gay marriage by d church. I always pray he settles for one somday and trust me am not ready to force any1 to the catholic church whch is what he's waitin 4.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by bodee(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
Konjour: Saying that I can't change my church would be a vast understatement,and that wouldn't do justice to the degree of intent. Simply put,I was born a Celestian,have always lived as one,and aye,I will definitely draw my last breath as a Celestian.
oh! What a pity
I pray you see the light
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by ElijahOguns: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2013
When beleiver turn themself to sepratist, backbite and slander fellow beleiver, it is time to change fellowship or u die of hypertention. It has kill many, beleiver kills with tong not Ak47 like robbers.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Rich4god(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

To me, its just mere jealous and beefing. Are Catholics the only ones in this thread showing undying support for the Catholic Church, or is it because they are more in number. We as christians should try and respect each other differences. The heavenly race is per head, it doesnt matter the church you attend. Peace.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by kingston247: 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
The pastor was becoming a good entrepreneur and the girls were getting hotter....
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
nwadaigbo: team catholic church. Lets go there. Hope all catholics in this forum attended holy mass today. Am already back. I learnt to be hospitable today just as abraham was to an unknown visitor and God blessed him with Isaac.

Very powerful sermon on hospitality at St Gerald

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by chrisme(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
stop changing church rather change your life. remember say you yourself na God's temple

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by sylve11: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Okija_juju: Pastor was a thief.. Started lying on the pulpit. Started stealing from the church account. Tried to bribe us by making us head of a New fairly big branch.. Married the lead chorister in church barely 8months after is wife died. Pastor kept claiming to be a former university lecturer when he was only the radiographer in the school clinic, pastor went on to buy a house with the church building offering money, pastor also bought a doctorate degree from a mushroom university somewhere in Ondo state, e.t.c...

the reason u became a shrine master is obvious. Cant blame u really. cool
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by nyabingi(m): 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
uzoexcel:

You have the Bible, the internet and so many other thnz to clear ur misgivings.Listen and listen carefully before i flog u with cane,lol.

The first half of the Hail Mary is contained in Luke 1. The Hail Mary is broken up into two parts: “Who Mary is” (no 1-5) and “Our prayer to Mary.” (no 5-6) Below the Hail Mary is examined line by line:

1)HAIL MARY, FULL OF GRACE (Luke 1:28): The Angel Gabriel greets Mary with very respectful greeting used for royalty. The text doesn’t say “Mary” after Hail but it is implied. Gabriel then proclaims Mary full of Grace (full of God’s own life and love).

2)THE LORD IS WITH YOU (Luke 1:28): This is word for word. The Angel Gabriel said that the Lord is with Mary, she is full of his Grace, his own life.
3) BLESSED ARE YOU AMONGST WOMEN (Luke 1:41): Elizabeth is filled with the Holy Spirit; she is inspired by the 3rd person of the Blessed Trinity to proclaim that Mary is the most blessed among all women.

4) AND BLESSED IS THY FRUIT OF THY WOMB JESUS (Luke 1:42):Elizabeth still inspired by the Holy Spirit proclaims that the fruit of Mary’s womb, the developing Jesus, is blessed. The text doesn’t say “Jesus” after womb, but it is implied, the fruit of her womb is Jesus.

5) HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD (Luke 1:43..And why is this granted me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?):Mary is full of God’s grace; this would make her holy. Mary is the mother of the Lord Jesus Christ who is the 2nd person of the Holy Trinity. Since Jesus is God this makes her the mother of God. She is the mother of the God-Man Jesus, not the mother of the Trinity.

6) PRAY FOR US SINNERS, NOW AND THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH (James 5:16...Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects) : St. James tells Christians to pray for one another. All the baptized are members of the body of Christ (1Cor 12:12-14), therefore it is right to pray for other members of the body. James goes on to say that the prayers of the righteous have great power. What human (other then Jesus) is more righteous then the Blessed Mother? Though she is in heaven she still hears the prayers of her children on Earth and intercedes for them.
***Any Catholic here thatz more enlightened can add to the above. I think it will enlighten everyone here and clear doubts from some people.We can open a thread on this topic if possible
http://blessedjp2.com/totus-tuus/where-is-the-hail-mary-in-the-bible/

As the line above reads, did u see glory to Mary??...Catholics always say 'HONOUR' to her,We dont worship her but we acknowledge her rightful place in the Christendom...Lemme use football as an example;for those of you who have been to old trafford, you will see long queues of people waiting to be snapped together with the statue of that great man, Sir Alex.Does it mean they worship him?no...that statue acts as a remembrance in which u can maybe boast to ur grandkids someday that 'there was once a coach bla bla bla'...Also we all have pictures and images of lost loved ones in a special place in our home? Do u worship it?no,its for remembrance...Some of us still wear soccer jerseys with players like van persie, rooney, cr7 printed on it?Are those players gods to us?no...we just like to identify with them...Same goes for the Holy Mother of our lord, Jesus Christ

Not to cast any aspersion on MFM...I went to Abuja during my undergrad days and on a sunday morning, my aunty forced me to go worship with her to the mfm headquarters i think.It was my worst experience ever...We spent 80% of the time cursing our enemies and praying for them to die, or be burnt by fire or lightening...The only question running through my head was 'Didnt our Lord preach on forgiveness?'...Kindly help me answer this to clear maybe my misconceptions.
i was born a catholic, i even lived with a semnarian and served the alter but i must tell you that all was for the show...in the catholic church you will hardly find a genuine repentant person what you see are bunch of religous people, even reverend fathers go after young girls legion of mary who flocks their residence, i was incharge of washing the rev fathers robes, the girls would come in the morning and leaves towards evening and no one dares disturb the reverend father otherwise risk suspension from serving, today i worship in a pentecostal church and must confess that im fulfilled cos of the messages i hear

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Bimcious(f): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy
if u are really searching for a way to truely worship GOD ask GOD to lead u. Dont mind wat men says focus on GOD.
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 8:56pm On Jul 21, 2013
akande.james:

is this ur way of inviting to ur religion n wishing the ignorant ones if at all they were. u need straightening

my wys don't need to please u! wn attacki church no one thinks twice so I nt hv to select my words wn handlin u guyz.

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHURCH IN D WORLD. THE REST ARE MINISTRIES

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by shikshark: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
peppy luv: pls look 4 ur sister and call her that u incompetent fool!
i dont really know why this fungi is picking on my comments. or is it that ur picnic is out of sandwishes? Pls dont make me betray my Masters.
(to grieve you more......im the only child!)
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by loswhite(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
30DB4FA6: My church is @ ikeja but we relocate from ketu to egbeda so transportation was a challange So naw am a partial catholic why I hate catholic is dat
1.) They dont pray just recieting 1 prayer evry masss
2.) They don't preach
3.) Always standing up and sitting down evry 1min
4.) Can't mention all ATM tho
Am just going there b/cos my bros is a catholic I wud just charge my phone and go to church and punture it till ba3 low cheesy
nobody ask u why u hate Catholic Church. Keep it to urself

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Richieboyn: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
nyabingi: i was born a catholic, i even lived with a semnarian and served the alter but i must tell you that all was for the show...in the catholic church you will hardly find a genuine repentant person what you see are bunch of religous people, even reverend fathers go after young girls legion of mary who flocks their residence, i was incharge of washing the rev fathers robes, the girls would come in the morning and leaves towards evening and no one dares disturb the reverend father otherwise risk suspension from serving, today i worship in a pentecostal church and must confess that im fulfilled cos of the messages i hear

DO NOT MAKE GENERAL STATEMENTS AND DON'T SPEAK LIKE SOMEONE WITHOUT EDUCATION. YES, DERE ARE S REV. FRS WHO DT KEEP TO THEIR VOWS-BUT FOR YOU TO PLACE IT AS IF ALL OF THEM ARE D SAME IS NOT SMTN EXPECTED OF AN EDUCATED FELLOW. D FACT DAT U WER NOT A GENUINE REPENTANT FELLOW AS AN ALTAR SERVER DOES NOT MEAN EVERYBODY IS LIKE YOU. U TALK LYK SM1 WITHOUT EDUCATION, D GIRLS COME IN D MRN AND GO I D EVENING, AND SO? IN D LAW COURT; UV NT SAID ANYTHING because U HV NO PROOF DAT ANYTN TRANSIRED. SO PLS GO D EAT-UR OBVIOUSLY HUNGRY

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by InvertedHammer: 9:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
/

B/c they refused to make me the treasurer

//
Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 21, 2013
Oh I see ,product of a prophesy after 10yrs! Nice1 pls stick 2 ur pastor
Next!
shikshark:
i dont really know why this fungi is picking on my comments. or is it that ur picnic is out of sandwishes? Pls dont make me betray my Masters.
(to grieve you more......im the only child!)

1 Like

Re: What Made You Leave Your Church To Start Attending Another. by italo: 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We Catholics believe that the Catholic Church is the one true Church, meaning that loyalty to the Catholic Church (the body, bride) = loyalty to Jesus (the head, groom). So we see nothing wrong in pledging loyalty to the Church. You dont have to agree but I hope you see where you are coming from.

Secondly, even if the thread is addressed to those who left their Church, is that a justification for people to insult anybody who says "I will always be a Catholic." How does such a harmless statement warrant insults? Bear in mind that even Catholics who narrated how they left the Church and came back were insulted. And some of those doing the insulting had absolutely nothing to say about why they left their church.

Shouldnt you, a christian, have something better to say against this obvious hate campaign.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Worshipper Tries To Attack Tb Joshua With Axe In Church. / A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Reply To "Why Muslims Are Better Than Christians" By Bishop Sam Zuga

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.