Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Is This Not Infidelity - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Not Infidelity (6568 Views)

Why A Woman's Infidelity Is Worse Than A Man's / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Pataki: 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
dayokanu: Lace her with potent MAGUN and watch Uncle Amos somersault 3 times

MAGUN (Don't climb) does not work. Scientists have been able to prove that entrance from behind (in this instance - duggy) automatically renders the potent MAGUN useless.

Uncle Amos knows this already.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2013
CC's first paragraph might be a joke but there is no harm in trying it out to see how uncle Amos's niece ll react lipsrsealed

Two wrongs does not make it right but sometimes,two wrongs can right the wrongs undecided
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by EfemenaXY: 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
dayokanu: Lace her with potent MAGUN and watch Uncle Amos somersault 3 times

Pataki:

MAGUN (Don't climb) does not work. Scientists have been able to prove that entrance from behind (in this instance - duggy) automatically renders the potent MAGUN useless.

Uncle Amos knows this already.

Kai!! This man who happens to be everyone's uncle don suffer...Uncle Amos, see wetin 10 minute discussion don do you grin grin
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Kai!! This man who happens to be everyone's uncle don suffer...Uncle Amos, see wetin 10 minute discussion don do you grin grin
I said it before,he will never try it again. He has indeed suffered if not physically,at least spiritually. He must hv been sneezing a lot for the past 2 days. Serves him right.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by biolabee(m): 4:49pm On Jul 24, 2013
To you what does happiness or peace mean in respect to a dispute where both parties have strong views

bukatyne:

Like I would say, what is happiness and what is true martial peace?

There is no true peace without happiness

@OP:

I do not believe in having separate friends in a relation i.e. courtship or marriage. Your wife has to define who 'Uncle Amos' is. However, you have to be diplomatic about it.

It's well cheesy
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2013
When a woman wants to tell a lie and none is at hand to supply, she flies into a rage and throw tantrums. She'd rant about you not trusting her.
Why would it take your wife another day to tell you about a phone call? Men, someone is grinding your something.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by yiboboy: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
^^^ I nor fit laff! grin
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2013
biolabee: To you what does happiness or peace mean in respect to a dispute where both parties have strong views

Peace and happiness are two complete different things.

There can be peace without happiness. Infact, most 'peaceful' marriages are not happy because one party has lost him/herself to let quiet reign in the home. If I am a servant, I will obey my master to have 'peace' but I will never be happy.

As to a dispute where both parties have 'strong' i.e. differing views, they have to go to the table, lay down their points and make the best decision for the all parties concerned.

In the OP's case, the wife is very wrong. The husband didn't need to ask before she divulged the necessary info. Even if the man was begging, toasting etc. she should have told him. She even said she was talking about the hubby. what was she saying that she didn't want him to know about? Even if she was reporting him in a playful way, she could have been saying 'don't mind him, he doesn't take care of me ooo' and be making faces at him or caressing him sef. There is nothing like 'seperate' or individual friends in marriage. Uncle Amos should be uncle to the couple and same with Aunt Amina. Even if Amos is toasting her, she could be able to tell her hubby what is going on.

However, this is eventually depend on the communication system the couple adopted in the past. If the hubby is the C - in - C that the wife cannot approach his royal throne without previous permission, then the wife cannot become open now.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by biolabee(m): 5:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
bukatyne:

Peace and happiness are two complete different things.

There can be peace without happiness. Infact, most 'peaceful' marriages are not happy because one party has lost him/herself to let quiet reign in the home. If I am a servant, I will obey my master to have 'peace' but I will never be happy.

As to a dispute where both parties have 'strong' i.e. differing views, they have to go to the table, lay down their points and make the best decision for the all parties concerned.

In the OP's case, the wife is very wrong. The husband didn't need to ask before she divulged the necessary info. Even if the man was begging, toasting etc. she should have told him. She even said she was talking about the hubby. what was she saying that she didn't want him to know about? Even if she was reporting him in a playful way, she could have been saying 'don't mind him, he doesn't take care of me ooo' and be making faces at him or caressing him sef. There is nothing like 'seperate' or individual friends in marriage. Uncle Amos should be uncle to the couple and same with Aunt Amina. Even if Amos is toasting her, she could be able to tell her hubby what is going on.

However, this is eventually depend on the communication system the couple adopted in the past. If the hubby is the C - in - C that the wife cannot approach his royal throne without previous permission, then the wife cannot become open now.

Why I said she is happy as she has her way but the man has lost his peace n trust?
Agree with you on tabling matter but it is easier said than done
One party may always have the more logical views seemingly having better or a bigger picture than the other

How do you manage inevitable resentment
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by slimyem: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
utumunta: When a woman wants to tell a lie and none is at hand to supply, she flies into a rage and throw tantrums. She'd rant about you not trusting her.
Why would it take your wife another day to tell you about a phone call? Men, someone is grinding your something.
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by andyanders: 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
She is just cheating on you.Poor boy.I think that you are not smart too. Play cool and you get her red handed. Asking her to delete the number or who the guy is messed up the whole thing and now allowed her to re-plan another way to beat you to the game. Be careful so that she doesn't come back with another man's pregnancy and say it's yours. Only a woman know who owns the child in her stomach.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by maclatunji: 10:51pm On Jul 24, 2013
Mavrick2012: House,thanks for all the contributions,i sincerely apreciate everybody.
I spoke with my wife yesday.concerning what they discussed for over 10mins,she said it was "all about us",ie they discussed me and her.I tried to know more about the "us" discussion,precisely when the relatnshp startd and the essence of the relatnshp.well,despite the friendly atmosphere,mywife insinuated i "no longer" trust her and she isnt happy about that.I called her attentn to the fact that this is the 1st time,after almost 3yrs of marriage,that i will be asking her these questions.Also,drawing frm sombody's advice here(NL),I reminded her of our no-opposite-sex-friendship.She became unwilling to continue the discussion,she said she wish we just "laugh it off".
Well,just as another person adviced here,i decided to just let the sleeping dog continue its sleep,knowing she can easily get provoked,though i feel this is just sweeping the dirt under the capet.
my people,thanks once more.

Why is your wife "hiding" something from you? This is so sad.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:31am On Jul 25, 2013
maclatunji:

Why is your wife "hiding" something from you? This is so sad.

I take this Holy month beg una, don't judge what you don't know it's facts. There're two sides to every story.

Sad to read . He should take a chill pill and sleep on it. Some men deserves to be lied to shikena. Tell them the truth wahala, you dont tell them = Peace.....

I bet if he spots a gay guy fix her makeup , he will faint cheesy cheesy

Yen yen yen
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by maclatunji: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

I take this Holy month beg una, don't judge what you don't know it's facts. There're two sides to every story.

Sad to read . He should take a chill pill and sleep on it. Some men deserves to be lied to shikena. Tell them the truth wahala, you dont tell them = Peace.....

I bet if he spots a gay guy fix her makeup , he will faint cheesy cheesy

Yen yen yen

A lack of trust might be worse than sincere admission of faults by the wife here. The only reason you are forming "lady cool" on this topic is that your husband has not given you big reasons for suspicion. If he does, you will become something else.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by biolabee(m): 9:01am On Jul 25, 2013
LOL @ lady cool
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2013
biolabee:

Why I said she is happy as she has her way but the man has lost his peace n trust?
Agree with you on tabling matter but it is easier said than done
One party may always have the more logical views seemingly having better or a bigger picture than the other

How do you manage inevitable resentment

If one party always has a more logical view (which I doubt possible), he/she is to sell the idea with love to the other party.

If we see marriage as a partnership, it becomes much more easier. It's not a 'I must always have my way because I am the head/tail/body situation.' Once we understand that every decision (after considering all sides and picking the best solution irrespective of who owns the idea/solution) made to improve the home, conflict is easier to manage. I stumbled on a thread where the OP brought her/her friend's case: The hubby was building 'his' house and he had exceeded his budget. Wifey had been saving to buy a car. Now hubby wants wifey to give him some of her car money to finish his house so that he will add to her car money in future and he will have some shares in the car. And I was like seriously? shocked

How can a hubby build 'his' house or wifey buy 'her' car? If hubby doesn't contribute to the car, will the wife stop him from driving it? If the wife doesn't contribute to the house, will the hubby stop her from entering it?

In the scenario painted above, how do we resolve the issue amicably without short changing either party?

How was issues resolved while they were courting? Was it swept under the carpet? Did one person always lord it over the other? Or were they pretending saying 'yes yes' with the plan of showing their true colour(s) after the nuptial knot as the other party is 'going nowhere?' How was the foundation of the home?

It all goes back to the basics: how was the child (now man/woman) brought up to resolve conflicts or relate with people around him/her? Train up a child in the way he/she should go and when old, they will not depart from it. That child we are indulging will grow up and become a very selfish person. The child who can never do wrong in our eyes will grow up a spoilt and unreasonable person. The child who we never see anything good in will become a low esteemed person who can't stand his/her ground and believe the whole world is against him/ her.

It is well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by biolabee(m): 11:03am On Jul 25, 2013
good point... selling with love
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by pdf90(m): 2:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
From the body movement and reaction.
It is safe to say

Oga person dey shine Madam kongo .
Shine your eyes .
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
@bukatyne, sometimes, you know you need to come down from this your whole equality ladder, right
And by that, I mean in the real deal of when you get married.
For now, you can keep publishing it, it's all well and good!
The truth remains there would be moments when you just have to do it, not because you want to but because he wants you to. Apparently, that wouldn't be an everyday occurrence since you're not into a slave-trade thingy but it would definitely happen. If you expect a man to always share it with you in love and take your views into consideration, you might be on a long thing. There are times when you just have to be the one to swallow your views and follow his. If that is in anyway against your feminism views, I'm sorry but it's the truth.

That's why I love kulyie, a real feminist is not supposed to bother to marry an African man. tongue

Disclaimer: All ye Feminists, I hail all of una and you all know I love you, the above is not to undermine your authority, just wanted to point something out quickly to Sis. Bukatyne. Abeg, una shld not open fire on top my head, na beg I dey. THANKS FOR THE USUAL CO-OPERATION!
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
alutacontinua: @bukatyne, sometimes, you know you need to come down from this your whole equality ladder, right
And by that, I mean in the real deal of when you get married.
For now, you can keep publishing it, it's all well and good!
The truth remains there would be moments when you just have to do it, not because you want to but because he wants you to. Apparently, that wouldn't be an everyday occurrence since you're not into a slave-trade thingy but it would definitely happen. If you expect a man to always share it with you in love and take your views into consideration, you might be on a long thing. There are times when you just have to be the one to swallow your views and follow his. If that is in anyway against your feminism views, I'm sorry but it's the truth.

That's why I love kulyie, a real feminist is not supposed to bother to marry an African man. tongue

Disclaimer: All ye Feminists, I hail all of una and you all know I love you, the above is not to undermine your authority, just wanted to point something out quickly to Sis. Bukatyne. Abeg, una shld not open fire on top my head, na beg I dey. THANKS FOR THE USUAL CO-OPERATION!

Hi Aluta,

Everything in life does not point to feminism.

I am a Christian first before being a lady/feminist/whatever and I believe so much in 'Do unto others as you want others to do unto you' as it is the golden rule.

It also depends on how you interpret equality. Can you please define what you mean by equality so that we are on the same page?

Thanks
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2013
bukatyne:

Hi Aluta,

Everything in life does not point to feminism.

I am a Christian first before being a lady/feminist/whatever and I believe so much in 'Do unto others as you want others to do unto you' as it is the golden rule.

It also depends on how you interpret equality. Can you please define what you mean by equality so that we are on the same page?

Thanks

Equality: state of being equal. In this context, i'll say same level of authority.

Define your own equality.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by biolabee(m): 4:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
i have to give it to kulyie.. she keeps it real

i think buka is tryin to merge religion with her values of equality..

submission as defined in the bible at times run counter to equality FACT!

For your desire shall be to the man and he shall RULE over you... Na Bible talk am oooo

ish
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

Equality: state of being equal. In this context, i'll say same level of authority.

Define your own equality.

I know that a man and woman are equal.

I also want to believe that you are talking in context of marriage.

A husband is to love his wife and a wife is to submit
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
maclatunji:

A lack of trust might be worse than sincere admission of faults by the wife here. The only reason you are forming "lady cool" on this topic is that your husband has not given you big reasons for suspicion. If he does, you will become something else.

@ lack of trust, then he shouldn't be here seeking advice if he doesn't trust his wife to begin with. And that was the first point I raised...Trust.....If you don't trust your other half, take your problems to okija to solve that for you.

----------
And how are you so sure she's not sincere with what she relayed to him huh? Which begs the first statement in my post you responded to ( that you shouldn't judge and blame her yet?)

Lol @ ladycool, why should he? He's not insecure and trust me. I have male friends I mingle with and he's fine with it.

And you're right I will be something else whatever that means to you, then we will need to have the Talk and meet in the middle somewhere because that wasn't our agreement beforehand grin, people change I get it, but we will talk bout it Reasonably rather than ordering me to delete a # like WTH??

Biola razor big mouth commot for my case Abeg enough already jumping on my posts oh Mr. Hustler . I. Haven't sent for you yet.

I'm Lady Cool oh. I'm the coolest in my Farm Acrage Neighbourhood ko easy atall oh
cheesy cheesy

Yen yen yen
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
bukatyne:

I know that a man and woman are equal.

I also want to believe that you are talking in context of marriage.

A husband is to love his wife and a wife is to submit

That's the point, you see that submission, sometimes, it won't be the easiest of tasks but you still have to do it. Mind you, it's not all the time that the man asks you to do something that he doesn't love you, sometimes, they're just tryna prove a point to you. Take for instance, the thread where the man said his wife should kneel to apologize, i'm very sure if it were you feminists that got to that thread first, you could have filled her head with all forms of 'ish' on how he wouldn't do same if roles were reversed, you shouldn't kneel for a mortal man, it's even wrong of him to insist that the wife does what she doesn't want to do and all of that. But alas, that man just needed to prove a point to that woman and he still remains the same loving man that she married in the first instance.

My point: Submission is not just in words and sometimes, it goes against the stance of feminism...it wouldn't always be fun submitting but if you say you're a Christian first, you have to shelve aside your feminism views and build your home the way Christ wants you to. I wouldn't be saying all of these if i've not seen the way you seem to uphold your religious views, there are many feminists on here and I sincerely don't have anything against any of them.

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
biolabee: i have to give it to kulyie.. she keeps it real

i think buka is tryin to merge religion with her values of equality..

submission as defined in the bible at times run counter to equality FACT!

For your desire shall be to the man and he shall RULE over you... Na Bible talk am oooo

ish

I am a Christian first and it should reflect in my outlook to life. The fact I am equal to a man does not mean I should be rude or maltreat him. Before doing anything to someone, I try to put myself in the shoes of that person. Infact, knowing that we are equal has helped me a lot. I know that this person feels pain the way I do, would appreciate things like I would etc. Before, I do things to/for my fiancée, I try to imagine 'if it were the other way round, would he do this? handle the situation like this? etc.' and I try to emulate where I am lacking. I am not a person to counter one's views because they are not from me. If he brings an idea/suggestion and I have no differing opinion, the decision flies. If I do, we table it and discuss the pros and cons of each suggestion and pick the best for us. It might be his, it might be mine.

Submission as defined in the Bible has never ran counter to equality. It's submission as defined by man (African since Aluta feels that the African male understands submission differently). Do you know that all Christians are expected to submit to one another? Does it mean that all Christians are not equal?
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Aluta the Marriage Manual Guru cheesy cheesy

Record screeching

ermm excuse my longauge cheesy cheesy which thread is this again?? To much quanta everywhere.

Take a chill pill guys nobody's dead cheesy
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
alutacontinua:
Take for instance, the thread where the man said his wife should kneel to apologize, i'm very sure if it were you feminists that got to that thread first, you could have filled her head with all forms of 'ish' on how he wouldn't do same if roles were reversed, you shouldn't kneel for a mortal man,

And on what basis do you make this ridiculous claim? Can you not understand the simple differences between that thread and a thread where for instance a man orders his wife to kneel for him every time she serves him food?
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
jidegirl12: Aluta the Marriage Manual Guru cheesy cheesy

Record screeching

ermm excuse my longauge cheesy cheesy which thread is this again?? To much quanta everywhere.

Take a chill pill guys nobody's dead cheesy

I'm still a learner oo...

1 Like

Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

That's the point, you see that submission, sometimes, it won't be the easiest of tasks but you still have to do it. Mind you, it's not all the time that the man asks you to do something that he doesn't love you, sometimes, they're just tryna prove a point to you. Take for instance, the thread where the man said his wife should kneel to apologize, i'm very sure if it were you feminists that got to that thread first, you could have filled her head with all forms of 'ish' on how he wouldn't do same if roles were reversed, you shouldn't kneel for a mortal man, it's even wrong of him to insist that the wife does what she doesn't want to do and all of that. But alas, that man just needed to prove a point to that woman and he still remains the same loving man that she married in the first instance.

My point: Submission is not just in words and sometimes, it goes against the stance of feminism...it wouldn't always be fun submitting but if you say you're a Christian first, you have to shelve aside your feminism views and build your home the way Christ wants you to. I wouldn't be saying all of these if i've not seen the way you seem to uphold your religious views, there are many feminists on here and I sincerely don't have anything against any of them.

Aluta, you are mixing so many issues here.

Don't assume what 'feminists' will tell someone to do until they do so. I read that tread and was smiling especially when she was referring to the after fight love making and where the hubby told her to repeat the apology after him... so sweet cheesy kiss kiss kiss cheesy

One thing I always say is : Do unto others as you want others to do unto you.

Common sense would dictate that a wife who wronged her hubby would apologize not so?

You don't even know what submission means. I get your view is that a woman is slightly below a man because she submits, innit? Then I guess all Christians are slightly below each other as they are to submit to each other.

The thing is that most of us mix Christianity and culture. A husband is called to love as Christ did. Read 1 cor 13:1 - 8 and tell me what you feel about it. That is what your husband should be like.

The key is to meet a person who thinks like you and you build your home together.

Trust me, the things I do for my darling kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, you might not be able to do for yours.

P.S.: A bitter person would be a bitter, feminist or not.
Re: Is This Not Infidelity by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
ileobatojo:

And on what basis do you make this ridiculous claim? Can you not understand the simple differences between that thread and a thread where for instance a man orders his wife to kneel for him every time she serves him food?

I am wondering o!

The thing tire me. Too many mind readers here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cheating Wife Busted On Radio / . / How To Keep Your Gay Life Secret In Naija By Chinua Onwukike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.