Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? (18562 Views)

21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes!"? / 7 Annoying Habits "Some" Girls Manifest After Saying "YES" To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by DrBaby(f): 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Na lie. If my man's name is 'Agbogunsori' 'Erinoso', 'Esubiyi', ' and the likes, well, I will critically examine the love o

Funny enof , one of it is my ex bf 's surname ( actually d worst one...lol)...mehn, d thing haunt me die...it was always a topic for discussion...me I dint even mind(so much) to bear d name...bt cldnt imagine my children bearing such a name...doh der was lot of money...bt dt contributed abt 30% to my leaving him...he promised to change his surname...I dint bliv him cos he was d only son n wt plenty of things to inherit...funny tin is last yr he changed his surname....felt bad for nt believing him mainly because changn his surname proved to me aw unsatisfied he was wt d name n I must av contributed to dt ...
Anyways...2 oda reasons I left him r stl intact..so I dont feel so bad overall...
Conclusion...names r a huge contributory factor to saying I do....
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Freiburger(m): 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
tpia.:

you may be right.

Tpia, this is the very first time you bored my head with da hammer. cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Dells(m): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
I know of a lady who refused to marry a guy simply cos his surname is Sumonu so as not t be called Mrs Sumonu. The same guy she rejected then is stupendously rich now.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
If the surname is one of those wierd ones una they post. I would examine the "love"and change my surname to his name.who wants to be mrs arokoyo undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Reachyrich(f): 2:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes,surname is important e.g oguntomi,esupofo
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Princesszoe: 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes ofcourse. Surnames are identity and have total control over the persons bearing them. Some igbo surnames are a no no for me. Names like: nwosu; nweke; nwagwo; ogbunabali; and many of them. However some igbo guys are already changing the bad and evil surnames they are bearing because they know the spiritual implication of names.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by comrChris(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ladies can accept anytin provided d cash s dere,lf u lyk bear okijajuju or owerrijuju surname it concern only u;;;;;;moni speaks jare
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by deols(f): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
I am keeping my surname. His doesnt matter.

But his first name DOES.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by sicily4u: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
what of the name like this, Eyite, any one with the meaning ?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ajanaku2(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
Godson201333: what about surnames like AJANAKU,DAGUNRO,ESUNLABI

And what the Bleep is wrong with "Ajanaku"?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Dempsy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
For a lady to ask this type of question...i can bet u the man is not rich.... Quote me anywhere!
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Cashio(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mine is *otuocha*.....chei i will never get married ee...runs for a change of name
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by MizKwin: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol,funy bt 4 me is nt on my primary list,moreover b4 d yes tin,we shud av gotn 2 knw each other wher som factors like d surname wud av bin sorted out.so surname shud be one of d last tins on ma list.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by popcykaylah(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
all na wash.........naija babes go tell u say shey na name we wan chop.na if ready made dem dey say yes to.love my foot grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Jaynec(f): 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
Surnames like Nwanshi( child shit) .... Great turnoff ;will rather pick his middle name.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Jaynec(f): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
yes
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2013
slimmy05: then whose surname would you take? Your ex boyfriend?? Stop spewing poo here abeg. Some women want to form boss like they own a billion dollars investment. Don't form iron lady else, you might rock your 40's answering MISS undecided. My bad, well its not madatory to get married though

A woman doesn't have to take her husband's surname. A woman can keep hers if she likes. Taking surnames isn't common like it once was over here.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
vivacious vivi: Odd, I thought you maintained for years that marriage for you was out of the question. undecided

@Topic: For me, its not even a thought-provoking issue. The answer is No. What's there to consider when true love is involved?

It's not mandatory to me. If the right person comes along, then I may reconsider.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by BadAttitude(m): 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
sexymoma: I came across this woman in hospital, The Nurse called ' Mrs abokusoro'( Ghost Speaker) i was like wtf shocked
What made you change your father's name. Abeg i might consider it o.

Ur still young dats why ur thinking in dis direction... The ticking of ur biological clock wuld make u loose any idea of dis ur opinion wen the time comes...except ofcourse if u get lucky.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by confetti(f): 3:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol! Reminds of a friend then whose surname was mmuoghara. I told myself I wasn't ever going to bear that name. Kept asking myself what exactly they did to spirits that they are still asking for forgiveness.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Mavor: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Make all these 9ja girls go sidown!!! It's not by force to get married.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Classicalman(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
if i was a lady i wouldn't mind as long as the surname is not BIN LADEN.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ProudlyNaija1: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
i went 2 a weddin of a friend whose name is mr john ukugere (spoon), 2 my suprise d bride name ws miss vivian omoze (plate). I ws lik WTF ! cos lik 'plate weds spoon'.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ritux: 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mrs. Ekwakwarakponabunoroghenebikosuobomerune.

Don't bite ur tongue. This is how to pronounce it

E-kwa-kwa-ra-kpo-na-bu-nor-oghene-biko-suobo-merune
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Smhart1(f): 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Awojuyigbe,oyaleke,sangolana,ebinpejo,sadiku,ikuomola
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by thorpido(m): 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
kokoye: Real names (I know this elderly couple): Dr & Dr (Mrs) Oridota. Both neurosurgeons - they met in med school.

Loosely translated, that name means 'fried brain'.

yea
Isn't it an irony that they are both neurosurgeons with that name?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by trolling(m): 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
so many people dont even know that their surnames is a curse.....like bible say and you shall leave your name for a curse
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Youngzedd(m): 5:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
xynerise: For example sexkillz's surname is '' Isiaboncha'' grin.

Ogugua do you mind?

El-guapo's surname is[b] Udele[/b], Br3nda do u mind?

Seeeeee surname, Udele means Vulture in Igbo.

If my sister bring someone with any of this surname, omo na bomb I go use pursue am.

Oginidi!
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Youngzedd(m): 5:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
trolling: so many people dont even know that their surnames is a curse.....like bible say and you shall leave your name for a curse

Exactly.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Cathydera(f): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
it shouldn't be an issue for me before I say "I do" .
if is like a surname like Amadioha (god) then it can be changed to AMA OR AMADI OR OHAM .
OR better still pick from his personal name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Want Partners Who Are 8in Taller Than Them / Good News To All Nija Guys - Beware / Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.