Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? (18570 Views)

21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes!"? / 7 Annoying Habits "Some" Girls Manifest After Saying "YES" To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ProudlyNaija1: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
Bev Osu undecided
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by painite: 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Funny that this thread will come up, there's this mental game I play, whenever I meet anyone (both male and female). I'll add their surname to my name just hear how it'll sound if I end up marrying from that family. Most times I laugh out loud. For me, I'm very particular about surnames, if I meet a guy and I like him but his surname don't gel with mine, I immediately zero him off my mind. I have a mouthful surname already and I won't want to burden my children with controversial names. Eg, alasoadura,ologunagba,abegunde,ewuoso,akarigidi etc.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ProudlyNaija1: 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dr Onwudiwe Onwu, senior lecturer, chem engrng esut lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
owenklay: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed. Yea...you really have to consider it cos 'Harbosede'(Abosede) sef get comma
jst trying 2 guess wat ur real name could be..daft fin,at least m xo proud of dat name dat i can use it publicly...xo do u mind saying wat ur real name dat doesn't av comma is...?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
kokoA: Some kind surname dey invite poverty o.. I will never allow my sisters accept surnames like Musufu, Ishiaka, Ibu, Abdulmumuni, etc.
hahahahaha,u dey maad.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
shikshark: Ill accept any surname for my daughters hand in marriage except YERIMA!
u wil accept mr fork?Name ur dota's bride price.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
ritux: Mrs. Ekwakwarakponabunoroghenebikosuobomerune.

Don't bite ur tongue. This is how to pronounce it

E-kwa-kwa-ra-kpo-na-bu-nor-oghene-biko-suobo-merune
lwkmd o
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by salt1: 6:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
A friend refused a man for answering Inyama. Said it reminded her of nyama nyama(dirty). Another refused an Onwu (death).

I think surnames matter. Which Igbo lady wants to answer Mrs Agbugbaeruleke?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by 1dickatatime: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2013
What of Mrs 1dickatatime?
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by trixandra(f): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Yes, it matters, not only the name but also the background, village, clan
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by jimcaddy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nigerian ladies are selective when it comes to names.. Imagine names like Aderupokor, Adimeru, Ingidi, Mukaila, and the list goes on. Naija babes like Behind names ehn like Williams, Earl, Shawn, Joe etc.. But truth be told, names don't matter, attitude does.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
jimcaddy: Nigerian ladies are selective when it comes to names.. Imagine names like Aderupokor, Adimeru, Ingidi, Mukaila, and the list goes on. Naija babes like Behind names ehn like Williams, Earl, Shawn, Joe etc.. But truth be told, names don't matter, attitude does.
my broda sum name mata o
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lol all I know is I dont plan on marrying someone with the last name "lipschitz" grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Cestmoi1(f): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2013
yes,it matters to me.....sort of.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Creamychic(f): 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
sexymoma: I came across this woman in hospital, The Nurse called ' Mrs abokusoro'( Ghost Speaker) i was like wtf shocked
What made you change your father's name. Abeg i might consider it o.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by lizbethlizzy(f): 8:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
yes ooooooooo
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by busolayemi: 8:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
My hubby nd I decided to adopt his own name cos even he doesn't kno the meaning of his surname.....an am so loving his name...flows with my name...flows more with my sons name#lovestruck#
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ProudlyNaija1: 8:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
imagine surnames: Ogoro (frog), biokhoro (small t0t0), oji (thief), ijighere (bicycle),eltounusun (anus hair), emekpa (little fool), igbaja (prostitute) ........loadin
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ProudlyNaija1: 8:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by ujublessing(f): 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
uniqueval: HRH Al'Valrouk Nahasapeemapetalan Alwaheed... Ladies do you mind?
. No I can't.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by IlajeOmuro: 9:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
I love my marital name, it's the sweetest.. I fell in love with the name before the man.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Ishilove: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
DrBaby:

Funny enof , one of it is my ex bf 's surname ( actually d worst one...lol)...mehn, d thing haunt me die...it was always a topic for discussion...me I dint even mind(so much) to bear d name...bt cldnt imagine my children bearing such a name...doh der was lot of money...bt dt contributed abt 30% to my leaving him...he promised to change his surname...I dint bliv him cos he was d only son n wt plenty of things to inherit...funny tin is last yr he changed his surname....felt bad for nt believing him mainly because changn his surname proved to me aw unsatisfied he was wt d name n I must av contributed to dt ...
Anyways...2 oda reasons I left him r stl intact..so I dont feel so bad overall...
Conclusion...names r a huge contributory factor to saying I do....
Eyah. You sound like you really loved him smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Felvet(f): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
painite: Funny that this thread will come up, there's this mental game I play, whenever I meet anyone (both male and female). I'll add their surname to my name just hear how it'll sound if I end up marrying from that family. Most times I laugh out loud. For me, I'm very particular about surnames, if I meet a guy and I like him but his surname don't gel with mine, I immediately zero him off my mind. I have a mouthful surname already and I won't want to burden my children with controversial names. Eg, alasoadura,ologunagba,abegunde,ewuoso,akarigidi etc.
madam I swear, the day u will meet the one u truely love, u won't remember to ask for his name let alone surname, b4 u know it u have taken his surname with love, u are married to him and not his surname. Btw who said surname can't be changed? Or better still ur husband's first name is ok na haba. Women and their wahala.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by bonetalk(m): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=ogugua88]

It's not mandatory to me. If the right person comes along, then I may reconsider.[/quot smileye] and here i come smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 27, 2013
for me i ll do cos i plan on keeping my father s surname... It must match....
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by yinkusnoni(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2013
kokoA: Some kind surname dey invite poverty o.. I will never allow my sisters accept surnames like Musufu, Ishiaka, Ibu, Abdulmumuni, etc.
abeegii dat wan na big lie..name and destiny ar two separate entity...imagine you dy bear goodluck con dy work as a shoemaker...what is good about d luck undecided
abeegii dat wan na big lie..name and destiny ar two separate entity...imagine you dy bear goodluck con dy work as a shoemaker...what is good about d luck
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by painite: 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Felvet: madam I swear, the day u will meet the one u truely love, u won't remember to ask for his name let alone surname, b4 u know it u have taken his surname with love, u are married to him and not his surname. Btw who said surname can't be changed? Or better still ur husband's first name is ok na haba. Women and their wahala.

Lol, I've met him already and I asked for his name and surname although it's not my dream surname, I love him enough to accept it. The name isn't bad at all.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Obelomo: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2013
No, although some names have a real bad meaning!
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by Felvet(f): 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
painite:
Lol, I've met him already and I asked for his name and surname although it's not my dream surname, I love him enough to accept it. The name isn't bad at all.
Now u come, thank God the spirit of (zero off) was absent on that day, and love conquered the surname.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by beautyng(f): 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Its meaningless, what matters is the love.
Re: Ladies, Will You Consider His Surname Before Saying "Yes"? by DrBaby(f): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=Ishilove]
Eyah. You sound like you really loved him smiley[/quote

Oh yeah....I did...n we really loved each oda...bt I just saw some things dt myt neva make marriage btw us work, though d relationship was great. ...he dint even bliv I wld leave him...bt I dont want to b writin negative stories in future, asking for advice...lol....
Nt to worry, am wt someone now who loves me even more...and can literally give his life for me...and my mind n soul is at peace wt him...so my best decision so far was leavn him....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Good News To All Nija Guys - Beware / Am I Dumb For Not Wanting To Get Married As A Woman / Would You Marry A "Reformed Slut"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.