Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? (19399 Views)

Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? / The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield - Christians Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
@JesusisLord85]
Could you please explain what you meant by" mulims are still expecting their prophet too"

And where you got the information from
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by soledadd: 1:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Everything in the scriptures concerning rapture and Christ's second comming sums up to the fact that one ought to be prepared. Get ready at all times. Even death which cannot be predicted is enough reason why we should get ready. We should be living each day as if it is the last. But wait ooo this heaven is not soo easy to make ooo. I pray God have mercy oooo!
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Beync(f): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
My input according the bible
Mathew 24 1- 51 clearly explain the great tribulations and of course christians would be present. We can see this in mathew 24:21,22. After mentioning the signs and events that would take place in the previous verses, Jesus said in verse 21''for then there will be great tribulations such as not occurred before since the world's beginning until now nor,no, nor will occur again''. And in verse 22 he said '' in fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be save; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short''. With this scriptures in mind, no doubt that christian will be present during the great tribulations.

The return of jesus will not be visible to humans. Read John 14:19 Jesus told his disciples that th world would see him no more.
Only his disciples saw his ascension read Act 1:10, 11. the same with his return. Only his first fruit those whom jesus had covenant with will behold his presence. Of course this will not be visible but invisible but they would be aware of his presence.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by linearity: 1:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Great Trend! Wonderful conversation going on here, I have painstakingly read through all the comments here and this is my takes...

I believe that the Rapture and the 2nd Coming of Christ are two distinct and different events...Well, that some will say will put me in @Shdemidemi's & not in @JesusisLord85's camp...Well I do not see it that way.

@JesusisLord85, your writeup and historical perspective are good, but it would have been better, if you start from those very scriptures that @Shdemidemi quoted about the Rapture to explain to him that, those Scriptures were not actually talking about the Rapture but the 2nd Coming.

@Bishoppapi summed it up nicely, but he omitted the Rapture part, which is still good...As you rightly said, at the second coming, Jesus' feet will touch ground on Mount Olive...have you paused to contrast that with 1 thess 4:17, which is one of the Rapture Scriptures.."Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.."..There is no earthly landing during the Rapture, thr touch point will be.."..in the air.."

@Abeskey, nice job there on the chronological series of the escathology events...

...Also, I do not believe that the doctrine of Rapture is a deceit from the Anti-Christ. Believing or not believing on the Rapture does not have any bearing on one's faith or Salvation...afterall we are all learning and there are lots of things we do not know yet. The main purpose of the Anti-Christ is to turn people away from Salvation and the Lord. So, I do not subscribe to the view that Preachers that do not preach certain things or got certain complex doctrines wrong are anti-christ or false prophets, If they are teaching salvation though grace and that you must believe that you can be saved only through repentance and the blood of Jesus wipes away all our sins, they are not anti-christ...The anti-christ will never led you directly to Jesus.

Rather the believe in the Rapture makes those Christians who subscribe to it, to be 'ready' because it could happen anytime, within a twinkle of an eye...now to @JesusisLord85's point will these Christians be disappointed to see themselves passing through the Great Tribulation and there was no pre-tribulation 'catching away'? Some may, but they will already know what is next to come and not to receive the mark of the beast...and might make it through the tribulation with their faith in tact..Also, there is no guarantee that those Christians who are bracing for the pains to come during the tribulation, will all make it in tact..

The truth is, there is no amount of preparation you can make for pains, so I do not believe that the Christians who do not believe in the Rapture and are preparing for the pains to come during the tribulation will be better prepared than those who think they will escape it via the Rapture...

That said, we are all learning and I am open to @JesusisLord85's view more so after studying the following link...

https://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP355-PostTribulationRapture.htm

I will advise everyone serious about this topic, to take the time out to study the above link and the scripture verses, it clears a lot doubts about the Rapture, Second Coming, etc...and with Scriptural references.

2 Likes

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by cyril10(m): 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
CAPITAL NO.

Once rapture takes place, all believers will be gone, the Holy Spirit wont be here again to restrain certain things, that is when the great tribulation will take place.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2013
tobillionaire: bt there wil b rapture b4 d antichrist dat wil b givin 666 nd d gr8 tribulation. Bt d righteous ones nd d saints (d dead in xrist) wld av been raptured. However, xo many xtians wil b left behind, if they cld endure d gr8 tribulation nd refuse d mark of d devil (666) till jesus wil com back again, den they'll b saved. Bt dat wil b very difficult.
supported brother there will be left over christians those ones that failed to do Gods will in the side of the christians and the jews that do not believe that jesus christ was their saviour and he actually came to redeem them. So when the tribulation would be so much among the jews they would now recognize that actually jesus came to save them and they would call upon him to save then from the calamity and that is when the battle that would be fought on the plains of meggido would begin which would bring an end to the reign of the antichrist and satan being bound and imprisoned that he would no longer deceive the people anymore and after christ millenial rule they would be brought out of prison and be judged and sent to hell. Read matt 24 and rev to confirm this
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by cjomeje1: 2:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mtt 24:
21 for then shall be GREAT TRIBULATION, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 and except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but FOR THE ELECT'S SAKE THOSE DAYS SHALL BE SHORTENED.
29 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days ......

Who are those elects? Your guess is as good as mine -believers/saints. The master himself explained the events that will precede his coming and end of the world (remember what they asked him that led to this in verse 2) and some1 is waiting for another confirmation. Here u have it:
1 Thes 2:
1 concerning the COMING OF OUR Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you brothers,(Niv)
3 let no man DECEIVE you by any means: for THAT DAY SHALL NOT COME EXCEPT there come a FALLING AWAY FIRST.... (KJV).

I've taken time to quote some clear scriptures to you. If anyone thinks otherwise, let him cite only ONE CLEAR scripture and not LOGICAL systematic theology or other invented teachings.

I must give credit to people like Jesusislord85 for i don't know that "men of Issaccar" still exists in a time when men heap to themselves teachers that teach them what they want to hear. Kudos bro
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
There is NO Great Tribulation ANYWHERE. The book of REVELATION IS APOCASLYPTIC- It's a book of Signs and Symbols(Read Revelation 1:1-2 carefully). It was written to the Christian churches as an encouragement DURING THERE PERSECUTION IN the hands of the ROMANS. The Anti-Christ(that is opposing christ) represent the Roman Empire. The book was specific saying IT IS HAPPENING(Read Rev. 1 and 2 again). Already some churches were derailing from the faith, others were falling off, CHRIST encouraged them through John and also rebuked derailin churches(Read revelation 1-chapter 4). The mark 666 is not literal but symbolic, it symbolises the CERTIFICATES one must possess to buy and sell-which you must DENY christ as a christian to obtain. AS at then, Christian Population wasn't much, they were few but spreadin. You can't divorce Christianity from Reading roman history... PLS STOP SPREADING DOGMATIC doctrines. As for the Rapture(Well all we know is that there will be 2nd coming where Jesus will hand over the church(his kingdom on earth to God) and then the sinners will face punishment. NO anti-christ whether military or spiritual will rule the world. AGAIN ITS SYMBOLIC. MAT 24 talked about destruction of The Temple(Jerusalem) Read Mat. 24:1-3 CAREFULLY... Like i said, we shouldn't be dogmatic or impressionistic in our approach. Its very EASY to PROOF-READ from the Bible to SUIT your stance. Shalom
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
There is NO Great Tribulation ANYWHERE. The book of REVELATION IS APOCASLYPTIC- It's a book of Signs and Symbols(Read Revelation 1:1-2 carefully). It was written to the Christian churches as an encouragement DURING THERE PERSECUTION IN the hands of the ROMANS. The Anti-Christ(that is opposing christ) represent the Roman Empire. The book was specific saying IT IS HAPPENING(Read Rev. 1 and 2 again). Already some churches were derailing from the faith, others were falling off, CHRIST encouraged them through John and also rebuked derailin churches(Read revelation 1-chapter 4). The mark 666 is not literal but symbolic, it symbolises the CERTIFICATES one must possess to buy and sell-which you must DENY christ as a christian to obtain. AS at then, Christian Population wasn't much, they were few but spreadin. You can't divorce Christianity from Reading roman history... PLS STOP SPREADING DOGMATIC doctrines. As for the Rapture(Well all we know is that there will be 2nd coming where Jesus will hand over the church(his kingdom on earth to God) and then the sinners will face punishment. NO anti-christ whether military or spiritual will rule the world. AGAIN ITS SYMBOLIC. MAT 24 talked about destruction of The Temple(Jerusalem) Read Mat. 24:1-3 CAREFULLY... Like i said, we shouldn't be dogmatic or impressionistic in our approach. Its very EASY to PROOF-READ from the Bible to SUIT your stance. Shalom
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by zig2ryme04: 3:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
barcanista: There is NO Great Tribulation ANYWHERE. The book of REVELATION IS APOCASLYPTIC- It's a book of Signs and Symbols(Read Revelation 1:1-2 carefully). It was written to the Christian churches as an encouragement DURING THERE PERSECUTION IN the hands of the ROMANS. The Anti-Christ(that is opposing christ) represent the Roman Empire. The book was specific saying IT IS HAPPENING(Read Rev. 1 and 2 again). Already some churches were derailing from the faith, others were falling off, CHRIST encouraged them through John and also rebuked derailin churches(Read revelation 1-chapter 4). The mark 666 is not literal but symbolic, it symbolises the CERTIFICATES one must possess to buy and sell-which you must DENY christ as a christian to obtain. AS at then, Christian Population wasn't much, they were few but spreadin. You can't divorce Christianity from Reading roman history... PLS STOP SPREADING DOGMATIC doctrines. As for the Rapture(Well all we know is that there will be 2nd coming where Jesus will hand over the church(his kingdom on earth to God) and then the sinners will face punishment. NO anti-christ whether military or spiritual will rule the world. AGAIN ITS SYMBOLIC. MAT 24 talked about destruction of The Temple(Jerusalem) Read Mat. 24:1-3 CAREFULLY... Like i said, we shouldn't be dogmatic or impressionistic in our approach. Its very EASY to PROOF-READ from the Bible to SUIT your stance. Shalom

smiley smiley sad sad please explain better?
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
Nice topic here.

I really wonder the foolishness/effrontery of men trying to interpret or plan based on visions and revelations that were expressly sealed. I dare say we can only make educated guesses. Pr 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter. A lot of the efforts at interpreting eschatology are kingly dimensions and not kingdom servant dimensions. Jesus ask us to wait for him and he will surely manifest in due time.

The greatest issue is not "escaping" tribulation, but drawing close to God so that we may be counted worthy to escape...

this is my advice to all, trying to focus too much on the details will likely get you into error.

the apostles were so sure the end was near based on what they saw in their time, but it did not happen. The events of these days make me feel the end is definitely near, but I tell you that the king of glory himself may yet shift it a thousand years, and nothing will happen. Remember, he is the beginning and the end.

As far as I am concerned, All men will be tested by .... the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discern-er of the thoughts and intents of the heart Heb 4:12. based on this test nobody will deceive the host of heaven to enter into the kingdom only the proven and faithful children of God will inherit the kingdom.

To ensure this, the record of everything we are doing is being kept as backup evidence on that day in the event that you chose to appeal. so whether by tribulation, or private tribulation (which for some is even greater that that in the bible). all men will be tried and tested.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by zig2ryme04: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
Luke 18:8
I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Well people miss understand the bible nd miss interpret also the great tribulations that also called the great day of Jehovah
Revelation 7 vs 14 made us understand that's people would survive the great tribulations but only because of those true Christians that's day would be cut short yes christian would witness the great tribulations and only true Christians would survive
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
The End of Times
Towards the Close of his Ministry, Jesus gave hints of the end of times. He gave explicit details and prophesies
Luke 21:5-36
o and as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
o As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down. (Fulfilled in AD 70, when Emperor Titus invaded Jerusalem and demolished the temple)
o And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
o And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. (The first sign of the end is the multiplicity of so called saviors)
o But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. (We are already indoctrinated; wars are no news these days it simply happens)
o Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom (fulfilled in the middle age wars and finalized by World War II)
o And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.(we now has a minimum of 4 earthquakes daily, even in supposedly stable tectonic areas, your ignorance is no proof its not happening, find out)
o But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. (the great persecution that started from the reign of Emperor Nero till the days of Martin Luther, the dark age)
o And it shall turn to you for a testimony. (the era from world war II till date when the only problem facing the church is to open its mouth and declare the good news)
o Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
o For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. (the hand of the lord was so apparent and the gospel blossomed, Rhema flowed, the name Jesus became common and easy to use in solving problems)
o And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
o And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not an hair of your head perish. ( there will be pockets of betrayal, opposition and trial, but they will simply not stand you will prevail)
o In your patience possess ye your souls. (Just make sure you have control over your soul)
o And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. (This is key, Iran has declared its intention to wipe out Israel, and even Israel believes they are 90% through acquiring a nuclear weapon. I personally believe they already have the capability. The Israel we see today is already under an existential threat and surrounded by it )
o Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. (This is the reason for this article, make urgent preparation. It’s truly urgent. Jesus here is referring to a physical preparation avoid careless movement, look out, the end is at hand )
o For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. (even the Iranian president has declared that this must happen, you can search the YouTube for his recent UN address video)
o But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
o And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (This has happened before to Israel, is this a repeat? There certainly are mysteries we do not understand just yet)
o And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; (I don’t follow miracles and signs, they are for babes wicked people (matt 16:3-4), but even the blind can attest to our current inclement weather and persistent natural disasters. Are you prepared?, please put your house in order)
o Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. ( We are about to see unprecedented disappointments and destabilization of rulers, powers, and systems, money market, investments, plans, projects are about to be hit like never before )
o And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. (Then the end shall finally come )
o And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. (These signs may only indicate nearness, as no specific signs are given. The key thing to do is to seriously prepare, and set our affairs in order)
o And he spake to them a parable; Behold the fig tree, and all the trees;
o When they now shoot forth, ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand.
o So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
o Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
o Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. (the project is sealed, and it must happen, even the devil knows this, my part is to know how it will affect me by and by, and to know exactly what I should be doing in times like this)
o And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. ( Please don’t get hypertensive, there is more to come, simply detach yourself its pay day even though the devil and his agents believe they are in charge )
o For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth ( These events will be sudden and compelling, with very few options for all except the prepared who refuse to be deceived (matt 24:24) )
o Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. (This is what we ought to be doing in times like these. Oh God remember me and count me worthy, remember your church and save us, help me to discern the works of the devil and to escape his deceit, Lord count me worthy to escape these tribulation. Save my soul )
o Let us pray Matt 16:9
After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by trolling(m): 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
During the Great tribulation,people wouldnt even wanna be alive,they shall seek death and it wont come to them,mind you Christianity would be abolished for man worship
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Also read revelation 7 vs 9 I ask my self questions like 1. Why did created the first human on earth why not in heaven. He told them to be be fruitful become many and fill the earth there if Adam nd eve had not sin that's original purpose would still be there fruitful become any nd fill the heart.

Also Adam nd eve lost a perfect life there Abraham was given is the privilege to prove his faith to God he was to sacrifice is only son to him he almost did but God had other plans for a ram was brought for sacrifice that's was how sacrifice started also there for we mankind to be redeemed from sin and death a perfect life has to death for us therefore jesus christ came to died for us
Before the coming of christ other prophet for told the coming of a messiah also for guild line the 10 commandment was introduce but during jesus days he modified these laws he also quoted from those laws. In conclusion the bible is a guild line for us to follow it's for tel the present past and future.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
Tgirl4real: Is the teaching of "Rapture" scriptural?

According to 11Thess 2, will Christians be around during the time of the antichrist?

Is "rapture" and the second coming of Christ one and same event?

Are we going to be part of the great tribulation?

Is Matt 24 referring to the Jews or to all Christians?
Will all faithful Christians be taken
miraculously from the earth by the Lord before
the great tribulation?
Matt. 24:21, 22: “Then there will be great
tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s
beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact,
unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be
saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days
will be cut short.” (This does not say that “the chosen
ones” will all have been taken to heaven before the
great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the
prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh,
of surviving that great tribulation on earth.)
Rev. 7:9, 10, 14, RS: “After this I looked, and
behold, a great multitude which no man could
number, from every nation, from all tribes and
peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and
before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm
branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud
voice, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon
the throne, and to the Lamb!’ . . . ‘These are they who
have come out of the great tribulation.’” (To “come
out” of something a person must go into it or be in it.
So this great multitude must be persons who actually
experience the great tribulation and come out of it as
survivors.) (Regarding their being on earth, see
pages 167, 168.)
What protection will there be for true
Christians during the great tribulation?
Rom. 10:13, RS: “Every one who calls upon the
name of the Lord [“Jehovah,” NW] will be
saved.”
Zeph. 2:3, RS: “Seek the LORD [“Jehovah,” NW,
AS, Yg, By], all you humble of the land, who do
his commands; seek righteousness, seek
humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day
of the wrath of the LORD.” (Also Isaiah 26:20)

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Please explain (in your own words) what you understand from our brother's post bro.

Lol. U ppl will not kill pesin. grin grin ; D

@ Shdemidemi,

I get your point from your response to my last question. I have started reading like I said, I
startrd from the back. I read Jude and some chapters in James already and I do not see any such kingdom message other than the gospel of grace preached by Paul. I am still reading though.

At the beginning, the Apostles may not have understood it, but they played catch up later. grin

Look at Acts 11, emphasis on 16-18. And look at the way Paul preached in Acts 13 from 16.

I agree that Paul's epistle are to the church, but same with the other epistles cos there is neither jew nor gentiles, cos we are one in Christ Jesus and one gospel.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Beync(f): 4:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
ehizo25:
Will all faithful Christians be taken
miraculously from the earth by the Lord before
the great tribulation?
Matt. 24:21, 22: “Then there will be great
tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s
beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. In fact,
unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be
saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days
will be cut short.” (This does not say that “the chosen
ones” will all have been taken to heaven before the
great tribulation, does it? Rather, it holds out the
prospect to them, along with associates in the flesh,
of surviving that great tribulation on earth.)
Rev. 7:9, 10, 14, RS: “After this I looked, and
behold, a great multitude which no man could
number, from every nation, from all tribes and
peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and
before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm
branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud
voice, ‘Salvation belongs to our God who sits upon
the throne, and to the Lamb!’ . . . ‘These are they who
have come out of the great tribulation.’” (To “come
out” of something a person must go into it or be in it.
So this great multitude must be persons who actually
experience the great tribulation and come out of it as
survivors.) (Regarding their being on earth, see
pages 167, 168.)
What protection will there be for true
Christians during the great tribulation?
Rom. 10:13, RS: “Every one who calls upon the
name of the Lord [“Jehovah,” NW] will be
saved.”
Zeph. 2:3, RS: “Seek the LORD [“Jehovah,” NW,
AS, Yg, By], all you humble of the land, who do
his commands; seek righteousness, seek
humility; perhaps you may be hidden on the day
of the wrath of the LORD.” (Also Isaiah 26:20)
nothing but the truth.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:32pm On Jul 26, 2013
E be like say this thread don enter one chance o. Oops! Home page I mean! grin
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
Tgirl4real: E be like say this thread don enter one chance o. Oops! Home page I mean! grin

I ran out of the thread the last time I visited grin

You see wetin u cause!
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by steveec122(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
Countdown to the End Time:
From Christ time till Now: TRIBULATIONS: meaning Trials and temptations even financial hardship-Rev 6:1-17.
Then RAPTURE-Rev 7:1-17: In verse 9-10 are great multitudes that got salvation by the blood of Jesus to join the already SEALED(Jews; Patriachs and prophets).SEAL here means IDENTIFIED and COUNTED,the raptured which includes the dead and Living in Christ were also sealed.
TORMENT follows for the remaining inhabitants of Earth-Rev 8:1-13 and Rev 9:1-2.
MARRIAGE with Christ :Rev 19
JUDGEMENT: Rev 20:1-15
The NEW Earth and New Heaven Rev 21:1-27.
The End
Life in Heaven (Rev: 22:1-21.
It takes God's wisdom to understand Revelation.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by steveec122(m): 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2013

According to 11Thess 2, will Christians be around during the time of the antichrist?

Countdown to the End Time:
From Christ time till Now: TRIBULATIONS: meaning Trials and temptations even financial hardship-Rev 6:1-17.
Then RAPTURE-Rev 7:1-17: In verse 9-10 are great multitudes that got salvation by the blood of Jesus to join the already SEALED(Jews; Patriachs and prophets).SEAL here means IDENTIFIED and COUNTED,the raptured which includes the dead and Living in Christ were also sealed.
TORMENT follows for the remaining inhabitants of Earth-Rev 8:1-13 and Rev 9:1-2.
MARRIAGE with Christ :Rev 19
JUDGEMENT: Rev 20:1-15
The NEW Earth and New Heaven Rev 21:1-27.
The End
Life in Heaven (Rev: 22:1-21.
It takes God's wisdom to understand Revelation.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Lol. I get what Alex is trying to avoid.

@ ur earlier post,

D antichrist will rise from the church ke? Are you sure about that?

Are you mixing up the 'spirit of the antichrist' with the man himself?
U r rite it wudnt rise 4rm d church dat y der trying 2 brg al d religion 2geda al.
According to biblical prophecies, he is a political figure that will arise from the middle east, he will promote religous harmony, hence the peaceful reign.
. I.e one religion tryin 2 confuse pple.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85: The word "tribulation" is in the bible 22 times in the new testament. You would think that at least one of those mentions would tell us something about a rapture happening just before that. They don't.

The danger of believing in pre-trib.. You will see antichrist and you will be decieved. We already know members of rabbinical Judaism (those who do not accept Christ as Messiah, as opposed to Messianic Jews) WILL accept antichrist:

John 5:43 “ I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.”

The muslims are waiting for their prophet too.
The bhuddists are waiting for their guru or something like that.
All these will accept antichrist and that is how you will get the one-world religion system at the end of days.
Those who 'think' they are saved and believe in pre-trib will fall for it too.
But NOT the elect.
Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The tribulation is NOT God's wrath. It is the devil persecuting the saints because his time is short. You and I will be there for it. Better believe that.

God will rescue us from his own wrath at the end. "As it was in Sodom".

The Muslims will accept the antichrist?Are you okay?Must you mention Muslim/Islam in every of your posts/threads?I thought you people said Obama is the anti christ?..You know what?you people are just a bunch of confused being..leave muslims outta this.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
zig2ryme04:

smiley smiley sad sad please explain better?
what should i explain sir?
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by oobim(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Phew! Which one person go come believe? Well, like someone already said,receiving salvation and living a godly life is d most important, not like these other ones ain't cos they give one a deeper understanding of life,the person of Christ, the end etc

Some of you are deeply rooted yo! I have learnt alot and I'm reminded wake up and live right. '..let him that stand take heed lest he fall..'
The Word of God is life#FACT
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by boarnerges: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2013

lady, i must really say : am impressed by your questions. I replied you on a particular issue on religion. Am waiting for your reply but meanwhile...i will answer you soon.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by AtbuAbdul(m): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85: The word "tribulation" is in the bible 22 times in the new testament. You would think that at least one of those mentions would tell us something about a rapture happening just before that. They don't.

The danger of believing in pre-t[b][/b]rib.. You will see antichrist and you will be decieved. We already know members of rabbinical Judaism (those who do not accept Christ as Messiah, as opposed to Messianic Jews) WILL accept antichrist:

John 5:43 “ I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.”
The muslims are waiting for their prophet too
The bhuddists are waiting for their guru or something like that.
All these will accept antichrist and that is how you will get the one-world religion system at the end of days.
Those who 'think' they are saved and believe in pre-trib will fall for it too.
But NOT the elect.
Matthew 24:24 "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

The tribulation is NOT God's wrath. It is the devil persecuting the saints because his time is short. You and I will be there for it. Better believe that.

God will rescue us from his own wrath at the end. "As it was in Sodom".

[b][/b] my frnd say nt of Islam n muslims wat u do nt knw or hav knwlge of!
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Dewze(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
The Signs of The End, The Tribulations, The Signs of The Coming, The Coming, The Rapture of The Saints.

These have been made clear.

Matthew 24;4-36

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

The above are the signs(preparations) and characters of the coming of the end and not the end itself. The last words of verse 14 ushers in the end, which is not a singular event and time (just as the signs of the end), but a period of events. Just below is the end; starting with the revealing of the 'man' and then the tribulations.

15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequalled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equalled again.
22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Notice that verse 22 tells us that the elects will take part in the tribulations.

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26 “So if anyone tells you, ‘There he is, out in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here he is, in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

From verses 23 to 26, Jesus tells the elects what they will experience during the tribulations. For they, out of fear of what is happening around them, will desperately long for the messiah to come and rescue them quickly. Many false messiahs will come up to take advantage of their fears and desperation. In verse 27, Jesus warns them that the messiah will not come in hiding, but ll give a sign visible for every one of the elect to see. In verse 28, Jesus indicates that the elects will gather (not necessarily all together in one place, but anywhere two or three or more are gathered...) when they see the sign, like the disciples had gathered in the upper room in expectation of the Holy Spirit.

There ends the tribulations. Here begins the coming of the Son of Man and the rapture of the elects.

29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’[b]
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

Verse 30: the sign that will compel all the elects to gather (in places all over the world) will appear first and after then the Son of Man himself will appear for everyone (not just the elect this time) to see.
Verse 31: the rapture of the elects.

Note this; verse 29 makes it unequivocally clear that the rapture of the elects will take place immediately 'after' the tribulations and not before.

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, but only the Father. [/quote]

So it is made clear. No one knows the exact time all these will start or end, but signs will be given. So keep your eyes on the signs and not on the time
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Omadachi(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
True christians will not be here during the great tribulation.At the rapture,all believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.Immediately after the rapture,the great tribulation commence at once.During the great tribulation,the grace of God will no longer be there.Professing christian during that period will have to pay with their blood.The antichrist will be in charge for good 7 years.
In a nutshell,is only sinners are backslidders that will be here during the great tribulation.Anyone that is yet to give his or her life to christ,this is the right time to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.The rapture can take place any moment from now.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 10:39pm On Jul 26, 2013
Omadachi: True christians will not be here during the great tribulation.At the rapture,all believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.Immediately after the rapture,the great tribulation commence at once.During the great tribulation,the grace of God will no longer be there.Professing christian during that period will have to pay with their blood.The antichrist will be in charge for good 7 years.
In a nutshell,is only sinners are backslidders that will be here during the great tribulation.Anyone that is yet to give his or her life to christ,this is the right time to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.The rapture can take place any moment from now.

Stop babbling and give scripture reference. Or are you among the prophets?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / The End Of A Fornicator's Dream / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.