Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? (19401 Views)

Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? / The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield - Christians Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by MaxMaxMax: 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by smajatt(m): 5:57am On Jul 27, 2013
such a very nice thread, been following since the beginning but just wanted to know Christians view generally in respect to the topic. fortunately this very topic is what we are currently treating in the bible study in my church for some weeks now. The question now i want to ask is this, when is the day of the Lord? Matt 25:13 "watch therefore for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming" so when exactly is the day of the Lord and the tribulation period is it the beginning of the day of the Lord or is this day a single day or a series of consequent days that lead to the rapture or after. Also in the book of Revelation,the devil who is the wicked 1 shall be cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years and then released back on earth again to deceive and to rally his armies for the battle of armagedon please i don't understand this part at all please i need explanation. Thanks and finally i pray God counts us worthy to partake of His eternal glory In Jesus Name "Amen"
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by easy4beno(m): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2013
I just went through this trend and its quite amazing really.
linearity: Great Trend! Wonderful conversation going on here, I have painstakingly read through all the comments here and this is my takes...

I believe that the Rapture and the 2nd Coming of Christ are two distinct and different events...Well, that some will say will put me in @Shdemidemi's & not in @JesusisLord85's camp...Well I do not see it that way.

@JesusisLord85, your writeup and historical perspective are good, but it would have been better, if you start from those very scriptures that @Shdemidemi quoted about the Rapture to explain to him that, those Scriptures were not actually talking about the Rapture but the 2nd Coming.

@Bishoppapi summed it up nicely, but he omitted the Rapture part, which is still good...As you rightly said, at the second coming, Jesus' feet will touch ground on Mount Olive...have you paused to contrast that with 1 thess 4:17, which is one of the Rapture Scriptures.."Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.."..There is no earthly landing during the Rapture, thr touch point will be.."..in the air.."

@Abeskey, nice job there on the chronological series of the escathology events...

...Also, I do not believe that the doctrine of Rapture is a deceit from the Anti-Christ. Believing or not believing on the Rapture does not have any bearing on one's faith or Salvation...afterall we are all learning and there are lots of things we do not know yet. The main purpose of the Anti-Christ is to turn people away from Salvation and the Lord. So, I do not subscribe to the view that Preachers that do not preach certain things or got certain complex doctrines wrong are anti-christ or false prophets, If they are teaching salvation though grace and that you must believe that you can be saved only through repentance and the blood of Jesus wipes away all our sins, they are not anti-christ...The anti-christ will never led you directly to Jesus.

Rather the believe in the Rapture makes those Christians who subscribe to it, to be 'ready' because it could happen anytime, within a twinkle of an eye...now to @JesusisLord85's point will these Christians be disappointed to see themselves passing through the Great Tribulation and there was no pre-tribulation 'catching away'? Some may, but they will already know what is next to come and not to receive the mark of the beast...and might make it through the tribulation with their faith in tact..Also, there is no guarantee that those Christians who are bracing for the pains to come during the tribulation, will all make it in tact..

The truth is, there is no amount of preparation you can make for pains, so I do not believe that the Christians who do not believe in the Rapture and are preparing for the pains to come during the tribulation will be better prepared than those who think they will escape it via the Rapture...

That said, we are all learning and I am open to @JesusisLord85's view more so after studying the following link...

https://www.logosapostolic.org/bible_study/RP355-PostTribulationRapture.htm

I will advise everyone serious about this topic, to take the time out to study the above link and the scripture verses, it clears a lot doubts about the Rapture, Second Coming, etc...and with Scriptural references.
Omadachi: True christians will not be here during the great tribulation.At the rapture,all believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.Immediately after the rapture,the great tribulation commence at once.During the great tribulation,the grace of God will no longer be there.Professing christian during that period will have to pay with their blood.The antichrist will be in charge for good 7 years.
In a nutshell,is only sinners are backslidders that will be here during the great tribulation.Anyone that is yet to give his or her life to christ,this is the right time to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.The rapture can take place any moment from now.

This is just the Gospel truth.

@linearity and @shdemidemi have similar view with me cos I believe the Rapture and the Great tribulation are two different events...1Thess 4:17 says it all about the Rapture but however some of us here misinterpret this scripture for the Second coming of christ.
The Second coming of christ is meant to save the elect(christians that didn't make rapture but didn't deny their faith to the antichrist) and to destroy the antichrist and the demons.

I have just a question for @Bishoppapi@jesusislord85...Just as written in John3:16. Did christ come to this world to die for us on the cross and bore all of our wounds and transgressions hence saved and redeemed us so that we can partake(suffer) in the Great Tribulation to come? Cos this is synonimous to what you are saying if you don't believe in Rapture.
Mind you "whom the son has set free is free indeed' and not to be bound to any tribulation.
I pray the holy spirit would give us all insight of his word cos the Bible is way more than just a book.

God bless you all.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=easy4beno]

@linearity and @shdemidemi have similar view with me cos I believe the Rapture and the Great tribulation are two different events...1Thess 4:17 says it all about the Rapture but however some of us here misinterpret this scripture for the Second coming of christ.
The Second coming of christ is meant to save the elect(christians that didn't make rapture but didn't deny their faith to the antichrist) and to destroy the antichrist and the demons.

The 'rapture' and the second coming are the same event.

This coming is no secret event :

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. - 1 Thessalonians 4

corroborated by Matthew 24:

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[d] 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by easy4beno(m): 1:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
@frosbel
I believe 1Thes 4:16/17 talks expressly about the Rapture while Matthew 24 talks about his Second coming.

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Matthew 24:  For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. 29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^^

Not true.

You keep ignoring the emphasis in 1Thes 4:16/17 of the noisy arrival of Jesus with the Voice of the arch Angel.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
Not to take sides here, but the question I want to ask you is;

Why did the early Christians face persecution? Didnt Jesus die for them too? Have they not been set FREE also?

Scriptures say "the suffering of this present time is not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us"

easy4beno: I just went through this trend and its quite amazing really.

I have just a question for @Bishoppapi@jesusislord85...Just as written in John3:16. Did christ come to this world to die for us on the cross and bore all of our wounds and transgressions hence saved and redeemed us so that we can partake(suffer) in the Great Tribulation to come? Cos this is synonimous to what you are saying if you don't believe in Rapture.
Mind you "whom the son has set free is free indeed' and not to be bound to any tribulation.
I pray the holy spirit would give us all insight of his word cos the Bible is way more than just a book.

God bless you all.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
It's evident in Matthew 24 that the great tribulation will preceed rapture. The description is sequential:
Matthew 24:6-...but the end is not yet.

Matthew 24:8-All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Matthew 24:14- And this gospel...shall be preached in all the world...and then shall the end come.

Matthew 24:29- Immediately after the tribulation of those days...

Matthew 24:30- And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven.

The order of events indicates that believers will definitely go through the great tribulation.

It's better we expect a post-tribulation rapture, otherwise, there'll be a false sense of security, and a falling away by many if persecution of believers reaches unprecedented proportions before Christ's return. My observation.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
The book of Revelation also indicates that believers will go through the great tribulation. In Revelation 6 when believers killed for their faith ask how long it'll be before God will avenges their death. The answer is that they have to wait until even more believers are killed for their faith. Not only will believers be persecuted for their faith, but they will be killed because they're christians(Revelation 6:11). The tribulation will be followed by astronomical signs and sealing of 144,000 men. After this sealing, great multitudes will appear in (rapture) Revelation 7:4b,9. John was told by one of the elders that those that appeared are those who came out of the great tribulation- Revelation 7:14. Immediately after the rapture, the seventh seal is broken and there is silence in heaven for 30minutes before God's wrath is poured out on the earth.
Also, tribulation is quite different from God's wrath. Most times the word tribulation occurs in the New Testament, it refers to sufferings of believers received at the hands of non-believers. On this ground, would be wrong to assume the great tribulation is reserved only for non-believers. Wrath always refers to the anger of God against the unrighteous that results in punishment. In the end of days, God will allow the unrighteous to persecute the believers in an unprecedented way before ending their reign of terror. God then removes the believers from the earth before executing judgement on the unrighteous. A complete description of the judgement will be found in Revelation 8-19. The ultimate being in Chapter 20.
Many believers will be surprised when they find themselves being persecuted and killed for their faith. Their faith will be severely tested, since they may believe that God has abandoned them and that the prophecies of the rapture are not true. Under such circumstances, most believers will fall away and deny their faith to save their lives. Jesus, in fact, made just such a prophecy:
"And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another.... "But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. ( Matthew 24:10, 13)
If you are a Christian, be prepared to die for your faith. Even your fellow "brothers" will deliver you to the authorities to avoid their own deaths. If you are not willing to die for what you believe, you will deny your faith when threatened with death. Be aware of what Jesus said about those who seek to save their lives:
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. ( Matthew 16:25)
Many Christians are looking forward to the return of Christ, which will, indeed, be a glorious event. However, the time just preceding the end will not be pleasant for christians.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
Guys,

Can someone attend to the questions in this post?

Jesusislord?

Shdemidemi?

Frosbel?

Over to you guys...

smajatt: such a very nice thread, been following since the beginning but just wanted to know Christians view generally in respect to the topic. fortunately this very topic is what we are currently treating in the bible study in my church for some weeks now. The question now i want to ask is this, when is the day of the Lord? Matt 25:13 "watch therefore for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming" so when exactly is the day of the Lord and the tribulation period is it the beginning of the day of the Lord or is this day a single day or a series of consequent days that lead to the rapture or after. Also in the book of Revelation,the devil who is the wicked 1 shall be cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years and then released back on earth again to deceive and to rally his armies for the battle of armagedon please i don't understand this part at all please i need explanation. Thanks and finally i pray God counts us worthy to partake of His eternal glory In Jesus Name "Amen"
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
enigma_otr:

It's better we expect a post-tribulation rapture, otherwise, there'll be a false sense of security, and a falling away by many if persecution of believers reaches unprecedented proportions before Christ's return. My observation.

Well said sir. That is d koko. A lot of people will fall cos they are not prepared. According to their pastors, they should enjoy their best life now...
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bless you for this beautiful contribution

enigma_otr: The book of Revelation also indicates that believers will go through the great tribulation. In Revelation 6 when believers killed for their faith ask how long it'll be before God will avenges their death. The answer is that they have to wait until even more believers are killed for their faith. Not only will unbelievers be persecuted for their faith, but they will be killed because they're christians(Revelation 6:11). The tribulation will be followed by astronomical signs and sealing of 144,000 men. After this sealing, great multitudes will appear in (rapture) Revelation 7:4b,9. John was told by one of the elders that those that appeared are those who came out of the great tribulation- Revelatio
mediately after the rapture, the seventh seal is broken and there is silence in heaven for 30minutes before God's wrath is poured out on the earth.
Also, tribulation is quite different from God's wrath. Most times the word tribulation occurs in the New Testament, it refers to sufferings of believers received at the hands of non-believers. On this ground, would be wrong to assume the great tribulation is reserved only for non-believers. Wrath always refers to the anger of God against the unrighteous that results in punishment. In the end of days, God will allow the unrighteous to persecute the believers in an unprecedented way before ending their reign of terror. God then removes the believers from the earth before executing judgement on the unrighteous. A complete description of the judgement will be found in Revelation 8-19. The ultimate being in Chapter 20.
Many believers will be surprised when they find themselves being persecuted and killed for their faith. Their faith will be severely tested, since they may believe that God has abandoned them and that the prophecies of the rapture are not true. Under such circumstances, most believers will fall away and deny their faith to save their lives. Jesus, in fact, made just such a prophecy:
"And at that time many will fall away and will deliver up one another and hate one another.... "But the one who endures to the end, he shall be saved. ( Matthew 24:10, 13)
If you are a Christian, be prepared to die for your faith. Even your fellow "brothers" will deliver you to the authorities to avoid their own deaths. If you are not willing to die for what you believe, you will deny your faith when threatened with death. Be aware of what Jesus said about those who seek to save their lives:
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. ( Matthew 16:25)
Many Christians are looking forward to the return of Christ, which will, indeed, be a glorious event. However, the time just preceding the end will not be pleasant for christians.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real: Bless you for this beautiful contribution

God Bless you too.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
cyril10: CAPITAL NO.

Once rapture takes place, all believers will be gone, the Holy Spirit wont be here again to restrain certain things, that is when the great tribulation will take place.
where did you get this teaching? The bible seems clear on the fact that christians will still be on earth during the great tribulation.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2013
Tgirl4real: Guys,

Can someone attend to the questions in this post?

Jesusislord?

Shdemidemi?

Frosbel?

Over to you guys...

The 19th chapter of the book of Revelation ends with the victory of the armies of Heaven over the armies of the earth. Christ returns with the saints and angels, establishing the Messianic Kingdom. The Antichrist and False Prophet have been cast into the Lake of Fire, the armies of the kings of the earth have been completely destroyed, with their bodies eaten by the birds and their souls sent to Hades. Then the nations stand before Jesus Christ, King of the Earth and survivors of the tribulation stand before the throne of Christ, to determine who enters the Millennium.
An angel binds Satan to the bottomless pit for 1000-years. Satan is unable to influence the world during this period. During this millennium (1000-years), the population of the earth is replenished and multiplies as the saved survivors repopulate the earth, to an innumerable host. The saints, rewarded for faithful service, administer the growing population of the earth. Old Testament, New Testament and Tribulation saints receive authority over the kingdoms of the earth.
After 1000 years, Satan released from his prison, tests the nations of the repopulated earth. In my own understanding, satan inspires those born in the Millennium, to gather in rebellion against Jerusalem. Remember, those born in the millennium are not tested. To reveal their true character, Satan will be unleashed to test those born on the earth. This is his final attempt to thwart God’s plan. Fire from heaven falls on the rebels attacking Jerusalem and Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire, receiving torment for eternity with the Antichrist and False Prophet. Then all of lost humanity in Hades is resurrected, they kneel before the “Great White Throne” and are judged by their works.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2013
No o. This doesn't tally. You first mentioned the lake of fire at d beginning, then at the end again. Then, the idea of the devil tempting those born in the millenium get as e be o. grin
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 29, 2013
Omadachi: True christians will not be here during the great tribulation.At the rapture,all believers will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air.Immediately after the rapture,the great tribulation commence at once.During the great tribulation,the grace of God will no longer be there.Professing christian during that period will have to pay with their blood.The antichrist will be in charge for good 7 years.
In a nutshell,is only sinners are backslidders that will be here during the great tribulation.Anyone that is yet to give his or her life to christ,this is the right time to accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.The rapture can take place any moment from now.

This is real blabbing, discussing without reference. my prof calls it beer palour talk. On scripture matters I personally prefer to look closer at Jesus. What he taught is complete and need only interpretation by the holy spirit. I personally count all other teachers as guides and this is key for me
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2013
smajatt: The question now i want to ask is this, when is the day of the Lord? Matt 25:13 "watch therefore for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming" so when exactly is the day of the Lord and the tribulation period is it the beginning of the day of the Lord or is this day a single day or a series of consequent days that lead to the rapture or after.

Sir, I beg you not to fall into error with this question, It is the root cause of all sort of confusion even Jesus refuse to answer the disciples on the=is question because the slightest hint has diverse implications. Everyday really is the day of the lord.

smajatt: Also in the book of Revelation,the devil who is the wicked 1 shall be cast into the bottomless pit for a thousand years and then released back on earth again to deceive and to rally his armies for the battle of armagedon please i don't understand this part at all please i need explanation. Thanks and finally i pray God counts us worthy to partake of His eternal glory In Jesus Name "Amen"
The whole scripture is a record of the world as ruled by mankind and the devil in this latter part. The 1000 year reign is the kingdom of earth as by the son of God himself. Please note that revelation clearly stated that this rule will be with a rod of iron Re 19:15(for me that seems to point that the 1000 year may not be a period of bliss as many envision)I keep wondering why many see God as a pleasure giver anyway.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 29, 2013
easy4beno:

Truth according to your gospel. What the OP is asking for is clear scriptural proof of the rapture and not allusions or beer palour extrapolations. the books that contain the sequence/of the clues to the sequence is sealed. it is kingly pride to try to interpret them until it is unsealed (if there is proof of the unsealing of these books i.e Daniel and Revelation, then let us have them). many christian movements have been shown to live in error by just working too hard on this timeline including the Jehovah Witnesses. I keep fighting Christians who allocate bed spaces in hell based on this and that. the fact is that the bible did not give us that latitude and expressly instruct us not to judge. If there was no report of the last hours of the thieves nailed to the tree with Jesus, some people will definitely opt for the other side when they find one of those guys in heaven. Your job is to prepare yourself, and tell the world to repent for the day of the lord is at hand and it will surely come.

easy4beno: I have just a question for @Bishoppapi@jesusislord85...Just as written in John3:16. Did christ come to this world to die for us on the cross and bore all of our wounds and transgressions hence saved and redeemed us so that we can partake(suffer) in the Great Tribulation to come? Cos this is synonimous to what you are saying if you don't believe in Rapture.
Human perception of suffering differs, for millions of shoeless Indians a job in VI, and a quarters in lekki is close enough to heaven, Nigeria is hell to many born and bred in the united states of sin, How can a man live for months without electricity in this 21st century
The suffering of Christ did not remove the price, as he attested Mt 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. he came to pay the price no man could ever pay, so that you can pay the other prices with hope and proof that there is an expected end. Many will escape the Great tribulation, many will partake in it. Ever wondered the meaning of the term KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS Rev 19:16. Christ generalissimo. He chooses his generals,who in turn decide who will fight in his army, who will bear the weapons, when and how much fund is needed for the war effort. that is the end time army. Prepare and wait for your posting.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 11:20pm On Jul 30, 2013
sigh,
hopefully
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
Image123: sigh,
hopefully

lol

That's the attitude of a good soldier.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
Tgirl4real: Is the teaching of "Rapture" scriptural?

According to 11Thess 2, will Christians be around during the time of the antichrist?

Is "rapture" and the second coming of Christ one and same event?

Are we going to be part of the great tribulation?

Is Matt 24 referring to the Jews or to all Christians?

i beg to differ against the direction of the thread. i'm positively certain that the rapture is NOT the "second coming of Christ", and that the rapture precedes the Great Tribulation. Permit me to 'explain' with scriptures. And to note that correct doctrine is not exactly salvation or holiness, as good as it may be. It is not an avenue for condemnation except of course, one is preaching doctrines of devils which are way of the mark. Even the apostles were not perfect in knowledge but had to be led by the Spirit of God. The important thing though is to be ready and to watch for the Son of God is coming soon.
The rapture is what they call the catching up of saints to meet the Lord Jesus in the air. The Second coming is the Lord Jesus COMING to earth with many of His saints. They are both different obviously. One involves ascending to meet, the other involves a descending and touchdown with saints.
one RAPTURE verse- 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
one SECOND COMING verse- Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

During the rapture, there are disappearances, but during the second coming, there are appearances and revealings. These events are a mystery, and therefore not a pre-requisite(the knowledge) for anything important. They can also easily be mixed up or even lumped together as seemingly one. Like in the Old Testament Bible, we have the coming of the Messiah lumped together as one. but we now understand from hindsight that there was a mystery church age inbetween and that some passages actually refer to a SECOND coming.

Matthew 24 is quite 'technical' and many assumptions made if we do not get what Jesus is talking about. What Jesus is talking about can be seen from the question He was asked.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Jeus is asked 3 questions here, and it will do us well to 'rightly divide the one long answer Jesus gave. Thethree questions are;
1) Tell us, when shall these things be? i.e the things talked about in verse 2, where Jesus talked of the temple being destroyed. When will the temple be destroyed in other words.
2) Tell us, and what shall be the sign of thy coming? What is the sign of your second coming. The signs of course would include the Great Tribulation, and the disappearing acts that we call rapture.
3) Tell us, and what shall be the sign of the end of the world? Jesus' coming is NOT the end of the world. he will come to reign. it is after this reign that the world will end, as Peter talks of in his second epistle, and as Jesus severally says that "heaven and earth will pass away". Hopefully, we can explore on these bases.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=Image123]

i beg to differ against the direction of the thread. i'm positively certain that the rapture is NOT the "second coming of Christ", and that the rapture precedes the Great Tribulation. Permit me to 'explain' with scriptures. And to note that correct doctrine is not exactly salvation or holiness, as good as it may be. It is not an avenue for condemnation except of course, one is preaching doctrines of devils which are way of the mark. Even the apostles were not perfect in knowledge but had to be led by the Spirit of God. The important thing though is to be ready and to watch for the Son of God is coming soon.
The rapture is what they call the catching up of saints to meet the Lord Jesus in the air. The Second coming is the Lord Jesus COMING to earth with many of His saints. They are both different obviously. One involves ascending to meet, the other involves a descending and touchdown with saints.
one RAPTURE verse- 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

There is no difference between the rapture and the second coming, you really need to start studying scriptures.

1Th 4:17 is a loud event, not a secret catching away of believers, this position is plain nonsense.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

Have you noticed the words shout and voice of the archangel and trump of GOD , which precede the resurrection of the dead , who together with those who are alive will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air and descend to the earth with him.

Stop this rapture fable.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
I can’t understand how people can keep trying to put Body of Christ into the Tribulation. God doesn’t have a point of controversy with His Own Body. We’re blood-bought. He’s loved us. He’s given Himself for us. Why should He pour out His wrath on us? Well, that’s what Paul says.

I Thessalonians 5:9

“For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.” That wrath is for Israel primarily—because of their unbelief and their rejection of everything—culminating, of course, in the crucifixion.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
shdemidemi: I can’t understand how people can keep trying to put Body of Christ into the Tribulation. God doesn’t have a point of controversy with His Own Body. We’re blood-bought. He’s loved us. He’s given Himself for us. Why should He pour out His wrath on us? Well, that’s what Paul says.

I Thessalonians 5:9

“For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ.” That wrath is for Israel primarily—because of their unbelief and their rejection of everything—culminating, of course, in the crucifixion.

There is a difference between the wrath and tribulation.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
frosbel:

There is a difference between the wrath and tribulation.

What does tribulation mean to you?
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 12:07am On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't answer him, all his usual tactics to tell his lie. Tribulation and God's wrath are different. Period. Move on jor, this ain't bb messsenger.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 12:36am On Aug 01, 2013
[b]Jeremiah 30:4

“And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.” [/b]Now stop a minute. Israel and Judah – that includes how many of the tribes? All of them.

Too many people today think the ten tribes disappeared. They’re gone, and all He’s dealing with is Judah and Benjamin. No. No. No. All of Scripture from the time of the captivities when they come back are still dealing with the whole nation. Don’t ever fall for that false lie that the ten tribes are lost and all we’ve got left is Judah

Jeremiah 30:5

“For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.” See that? That’s not a very comforting verse, is it? All right, next verse:

Jeremiah 30:6

“Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, (or in labor pain) and all faces (men and women) are turned into (What?) paleness.” Why? From all the mental pressures of the Tribulation!

Jeremiah 30:7a

“Alas, for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of (Who’s trouble?) Jacob’s trouble,…” Well, in Scripture who’s Jacob? Israel. This is going to be seven years of God dealing primarily with His Covenant people.

I don't think I have another name for this tribulation but wrath, why would God want to punish his people through tribulation? Some may ask. Watch what they did

Psalms 2:1

“Why do the heathen (That’s the Gentile.) rage, and the people (That’s the other category of the human race—Israel. You’ve only Jew and Gentile, remember.) imagine a vain thing?

Psalms 2:2a

The kings of the earth (In other words, the leadership in Rome.) set themselves, and the rulers (That is the religious rulers of Israel. They--) take counsel together,…” That’s why they brought about the crucifixion. It wasn’t the Jews, and it wasn’t the Romans. It was both of them.

Psalms 2:2b-3

“…they take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, (Which was the Messiah) saying, 3. Let us break their bands asunder, (In other words, we’re not going to have God interfering in our earthly affairs.) and cast away their cords from us.” Now, here’s God’s reaction.

Psalms 2:4

“He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: (not amusement – derision) the Lord shall have them in derision.”

Psalms 2:5

“Then (After they’ve rejected the Messiah, they’ve put Him to death, and He is ascended back to Glory--) he (that is God) shall speak unto them (That is the whole human race, Jew and Gentile.) in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.”

Note---Nothing in the Pauline epistle was revealed in the old, it remained a secret/mystery until it was revealed to Paul. Tribulation and all its pains starts after rapture.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Mintayo(m): 7:34am On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi: Jeremiah 30:4

“And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah.” [/b]Now stop a minute. Israel and Judah – that includes how many of the tribes? All of them.

Too many people today think the ten tribes disappeared. They’re gone, and all He’s dealing with is Judah and Benjamin. No. No. No. All of Scripture from the time of the captivities when they come back are still dealing with the whole nation. Don’t ever fall for that false lie that the ten tribes are lost and all we’ve got left is Judah

Jeremiah 30:5

“For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace.” See that? That’s not a very comforting verse, is it? All right, next verse:

Jeremiah 30:6

“Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, (or in labor pain) and all faces (men and women) are turned into (What?) paleness.” Why? From all the mental pressures of the Tribulation!

Jeremiah 30:7a

“Alas, for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of (Who’s trouble?) Jacob’s trouble,…” Well, in Scripture who’s Jacob? Israel. This is going to be seven years of God dealing primarily with His Covenant people.

I don't think I have another name for this tribulation but wrath, why would God want to punish his people through tribulation? Some may ask. Watch what they did

Psalms 2:1

“Why do the heathen (That’s the Gentile.) rage, and the people (That’s the other category of the human race—Israel. You’ve only Jew and Gentile, remember.) imagine a vain thing?

Psalms 2:2a

The kings of the earth (In other words, the leadership in Rome.) set themselves, and the rulers (That is the religious rulers of Israel. They--) take counsel together,…” That’s why they brought about the crucifixion. It wasn’t the Jews, and it wasn’t the Romans. It was both of them.

Psalms 2:2b-3

“…they take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, (Which was the Messiah) saying, 3. Let us break their bands asunder, (In other words, we’re not going to have God interfering in our earthly affairs.) and cast away their cords from us.” Now, here’s God’s reaction.

Psalms 2:4

“He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: (not amusement – derision) the Lord shall have them in derision.”

Psalms 2:5

“Then (After they’ve rejected the Messiah, they’ve put Him to death, and He is ascended back to Glory--) he (that is God) shall speak unto them (That is the whole human race, Jew and Gentile.) in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.”

Note---Nothing in the Pauline epistle was revealed in the old, it remained a secret/mystery until it was revealed to Paul. Tribulation and all its pains starts after rapture.
true @ d bolded.
Only d 'unrapturable christain' that be around during d tribulation.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

"...strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." - Acts 14:22

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

smiley
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 9:09am On Aug 01, 2013
Tgirl4real: Not to take sides here, but the question I want to ask you is;

Why did the early Christians face persecution? Didnt Jesus die for them too? Have they not been set FREE also?

Scriptures say "the suffering of this present time is not worthy to be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us"

Don't mind him. His post was so ridiculous I disregarded it. Pre-tribulation rapture is myth. However, it is not exactly an issue of salvation, which I why I don't spend too much time on this. But be warned, believing this myth carries the risk that you may see antichrist and mistake him for Christ.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / The End Of A Fornicator's Dream / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.