Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? (19400 Views)

Vision: The Great Tribulation Has Begun. Rapture Is Imminent! / Can Christians Be Hurt By Witchcraft Or Black Magic? / The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield - Christians Be Warned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel:

"...strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God." - Acts 14:22

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." - John 16:33

smiley

Tribulation, problems and suffering of this world was part of Gods plan. Believers will groan in this world just like unbelievers until a particular time when the glory of God will be revealed.
Romans 8
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;(the clause of being heirs is 'if') if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

This tribulation is different from the 'GREAT TRIBULATION'. This particular tribulation indicates a particular and definite period where the Jewish nation will suffer unprecedented outburst of fury on the part of antichristian powers confederate under the man of sin.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Tribulation, problems and suffering of this world was part of Gods plan. Believers will groan in this world just like unbelievers until a particular time when the glory of God will be revealed.
Romans 8
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ;(the clause of being heirs is 'if') if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

This tribulation is different from the 'GREAT TRIBULATION'. This particular tribulation indicates a particular and definite period where the Jewish nation will suffer unprecedented outburst of fury on the part of antichristian powers confederate under the man of sin.

Mate , the great tribulation has been ongoing for eons, there is no future great tribulation.

Jesus will come like a thief in the night at a time when people will be at ease, when they will be saying peace peace and then sudden destruction will come.

It will be like the days of Noah and Lot when people were going about their business, buying and selling, eating and drinking in revelry, abounding in pride and iniquity such that the love of many will become cold.

You are deceiving people by telling them there is a future great tribulation when the truth is that Jesus is about to come any minute from now, and many are unprepared.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:32am On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Don't mind him. His post was so ridiculous I disregarded it. Pre-tribulation rapture is myth. However, it is not exactly an issue of salvation, which I why I don't spend too much time on this. But be warned, believing this myth carries the risk that you may see antichrist and mistake him for Christ.

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect".

I agree it is not a matter of salvation, but it is equally imoortant we are well grounded in scriptures.

I don't really like how this thread turned out. I would prefer a proper teaching, in a systematic manner to address all questions that may arise as a result of your position.

Shdemidemi should do same too.

I already have questions I wanna ask o. grin

shdemidemi:

Romans 8

I agree with the upper part, but not the latter.

One of the things I learnt from this thread is that the Great Tribulation is different from God's wrath.

God wrath is to the children of disobedience.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 10:39am On Aug 01, 2013
What do you think Nation of Israel is, obedient?

Read through what Stephen had to say about these people in the book of acts before he was stoned to death.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi: What do you think Nation of Israel is, obedient?

Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

So if you and your pastors are all drinking wine in heaven, who will speak to those left here? I guess you will say it is the two witnesses of Revelation abi.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Romans 10:14 "How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?"

So if you and your pastors are all drinking wine in heaven, who will speak to those left here? I guess you will say it is the two witnesses of Revelation abi.

haha, good question grin
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Revelation 14:1

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

This 144,000 young Jews will spread the message of the kingdom to the world..
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tgirl4real: Is the teaching of "Rapture" scriptural?

According to 11Thess 2, will Christians be around during the time of the antichrist?

Is "rapture" and the second coming of Christ one and same event?

Are we going to be part of the great tribulation?

Is Matt 24 referring to the Jews or to all Christians?
was my mother around when i was born ? grin grin oh i see because you are no longer haunted down and kidnapped and thrown on a slave ship or getting your fingers chopped off by colonial masters or getting lynched in the americas you think the tribulation has not started yet ? smdh you are in the tribulation. its getting better because we are at the end of it. its time for the second coming now
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Revelation 14:1

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.

This 144,000 young Jews will spread the message of the kingdom to the world..

lol your theology is clearly a work in progress.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
JesusisLord85:

lol your theology is clearly a work in progress.

You can't be more right, we can never exhaust this book until the end.

Thank you for the compliment.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

One of the things I learnt from this thread is that the Great Tribulation is different from God's wrath.

God wrath is to the children of disobedience.

The so called Great tribulation is a matter of perception. Some places in Nigeria at the moment is like hell, yet there are christian there. i lived in a village where there was no light for a year, and clean water is strictly periodic, and even they will tell you they are better than some of their cousins, yet there were Christians there. Children dying at birth due to no medication, people rotting while still alive. ever heard of a nursing mother not able to eat 2 days after birth at home, having no money to call a sitting to name the child? i don't know what greater tribulation can befall these ones. Boko Haram is a result of the great tribulation. Many of these kids have suffered so much that life has no meaning and the promise of virgins (if that is true)or any promise at all. is something tangible to them. The only new thing I may expect is for it to become a mass/global issue.

The children of God who have understanding and have acted/lived within the bound of the will of God (not breaking the edge) are fully prepared and rather comfortable (hence the hatred) with the happening that will trouble the children of disobedience in fact Jesus told the church to mentally detach itself,

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 ¶ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

and carefully monitor the time for the signal of his coming. Men who have given all for the sake of the Gospel can only be glad that it is all coming to an end. Imagine what an 2018 earthquake will portend for the Eko Atlantic team.that indeed is a tribulation because a lot of wealth will disappear and many billionaires will start hustling again.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

you know what I meant. You make it up as you go along.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
pet_saint:

The so called Great tribulation is a matter of perception. Some places in Nigeria at the moment is like hell, yet there are christian there. i lived in a village where there was no light for a year, and clean water is strictly periodic, and even they will tell you they are better than some of their cousins, yet there were Christians there. Children dying at birth due to no medication, people rotting while still alive. ever heard of a nursing mother not able to eat 2 days after birth at home, having no money to call a sitting to name the child? i don't know what greater tribulation can befall these ones. Boko Haram is a result of the great tribulation. Many of these kids have suffered so much that life has no meaning and the promise of virgins (if that is true)or any promise at all. is something tangible to them. The only new thing I may expect is for it to become a mass/global issue.

The children of God who have understanding and have acted/lived within the bound of the will of God (not breaking the edge) are fully prepared and rather comfortable (hence the hatred) with the happening that will trouble the children of disobedience in fact Jesus told the church to mentally detach itself,

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
20 ¶ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

and carefully monitor the time for the signal of his coming. Men who have given all for the sake of the Gospel can only be glad that it is all coming to an end. Imagine what an 2018 earthquake will portend for the Eko Atlantic team.that indeed is a tribulation because a lot of wealth will disappear and many billionaires will start hustling again.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
obadiah777: was my mother around when i was born ? grin grin oh i see because you are no longer haunted down and kidnapped and thrown on a slave ship or getting your fingers chopped off by colonial masters or getting lynched in the americas you think the tribulation has not started yet ? smdh you are in the tribulation. its getting better because we are at the end of it. its time for the second coming now

15 million Jews killed between the crusades and world war 2, yet no great tribulation.
Jerusalem sacked in 70AD and tens of thousands of Jews killed and exiled , yet no great tribulation
islam, crusaders , communism etc wiping out over 300 million souls, yet no great tribulation
countless famines, disease and pestilences which have killed almost 200 million over the past few hundred years, yet no great tribulation
Economic crisis, poverty, killing of Christians around the globe , yet no tribulation
worldwide terror,war, rumours of wars, ethnic cleansing etc, yet no great tribulation.

Can someone please tell me what a great tribulation will look like grin

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel:

15 million Jews killed between the crusades and world war 2, yet no great tribulation.
Jerusalem sacked in 70AD and tens of thousands of Jews killed and exiled , yet no great tribulation
islam, crusaders , communism etc wiping out over 300 million souls, yet no great tribulation
countless famines, disease and pestilences which have killed almost 200 million over the past few hundred years, yet no great tribulation
Economic crisis, poverty, killing of Christians around the globe , yet no tribulation
worldwide terror,war, rumours of wars, ethnic cleansing etc, yet no great tribulation.

exactly lol. these people are waiting to see a man with red horns and pitch fork running around before they know they are in the tribulation. thats what happens if you cant divide the time correctly or correctly interpret the book of revelation. you are left waiting for events that are already happening around you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel:

exactly lol. these people are waiting to see a man with red horns and pitch fork running around before they know they are in the tribulation. thats what happens if you cant divide the time correctly or correctly interpret the book of revelation. you are left waiting for events that are already happening around you grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel:

Hmmm...

I am thinking probably cos we haven't experienced these kinds of persecutions first hand, we don't see it as such. Just thinking...

My question: Has the Man of Lawlessness being revealed?

I know you mentioned the pope, why do you think so cos he doesn't git totally into the descriptions in the prophecies.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you sure you got what he meant?
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Matt. 24:9-Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Revelation 6:9-...I saw under the altar, the souls of them that were slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

These two verses above gives pre-rapture persecution of believers. And to my understanding, tribulation is distress or suffering resulting from oppression or persecution. The great tribulation is the oppression and persecution of believers in the hand of non-believers, not God's wrath.

Matt. 24:12- And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Many believers will fall away. Deceived in to expecting a post-rapture tribulation, and when faced with unprecedented level of persecution many will think rapture isn't true afterall.

Matt. 24:21- For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor shall ever be.
22- And except those days should be shortened, there should be no flesh be saved, but for the elects sake, those days shall be shortened.

Believers still around in the great tribulation as described in the verses above.

Matt. 24:31- ...and they shall gather his elects from the four winds, from one end of the heaven to the other.(rapture)
...also... Revelation 7:9-...and, lo, a great multitude which no man could number...(believers from rapture).
What an Elder said about those that appeared in heaven in Revelation 7:14-... These are they that came out of great tribulation...

And wrath i think, means violent anger. And we can read about the wrath of God on the remnant of the inhabitant of the world after the great tribulation and rapture from Revelation 8.
If you have contrary view to the above, please feel free to share with us, backed with scripture.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Are you sure you got what he meant?

I am not here to convince him about anything my sis. Whatever he means add nothing to me, I take it as a compliment and he was thanked for his good gesture.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
shdemidemi:

I am not here to convince him about anything my sis. Whatever he means add nothing to me, I take it as a compliment and he was thanked for his good gesture.

Ok.

I should send you that link soon. Please check your mail.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
frosbel: There is no difference between the rapture and the second coming, you really need to start studying scriptures.

Talking about studying, it will do you some good to observe the word 'rapture' is not even in the kjv Bible. How you'll know the difference is by knowing the definition of the word. The rapture is the catching up of saints to meet Jesus in the air. the Second coming is Jesus coming to earth with His saints. i gave two scriptures for each definition, you forgot(let's assume) to add the other that shows the difference. Here they are again.
one RAPTURE verse- 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
one SECOND COMING verse- Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints

You delve into folly everytime you conclude that anyone who is not gloating or drooling over your views is not studying scriptures.

1Th 4:17 is a loud event, not a secret catching away of believers, this position is plain nonsense.

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

Have you noticed the words shout and voice of the archangel and trump of GOD , which precede the resurrection of the dead , who together with those who are alive will be caught up to meet Jesus in the air and descend to the earth with him.

Stop this rapture fable.

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Coming from an advocate of common sense and reason as against faith, your views are a headshake. The rapture event is a shout in the sense that the dead (in Christ) will hear it. And in the sense that it is a moment of joy/rapture and joining with the Lord. It is not a shout that everyone will hear. there are a lot of loud voices and cries in the book of Revelation, yet not everyone will hear it. When Jesus was on earth, He stood and cried, not everybody heard Him. there are shouts and cries everyday that not everyone hears. other scriptures that corroborate the rapture are given below.
Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by shdemidemi(m): 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
I am with you on this bro^^^

Thanks for this contribution.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
1Co 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The rapture is the MYSTERY talked of in this verse.The Second coming was not a mystery, neither was the resurrection. Even the pharisees knew and believed that there would be resurrection. Jesus had also taught that He would come again. The disciples were asking about His coming in Matthew 24. Angels also talked of His coming during/after His ascension in Acts 1. But what was a mystery and sortof lumped into the Second coming was the Rapture. Just like the church(age) was a mystery. It could barely be seen separating the TWO comings of Christ from the Old Testament Scriptures. Everyone had the hopes and expectations shown in the typical JW magazines. But we now know that He had to come first to die, and then come Second to reign. The rapture is an event that would take place in short time, in the twinkling of an eye as it were. That's what Christ referred in His talk of people disappearing that i quoted in the previous post.

frosbel: Mate , the great tribulation has been ongoing for eons, there is no future great tribulation.
Sorry, Jesus said there is a Great Tribulation.
Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Any literate can see that this verse talks of a unique Tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. So it's either Jesus is wrong and you are right, or otherwise. i hope you know who is right.

Jesus will come like a thief in the night at a time when people will be at ease, when they will be saying peace peace and then sudden destruction will come.

It will be like the days of Noah and Lot when people were going about their business, buying and selling, eating and drinking in revelry, abounding in pride and iniquity such that the love of many will become cold.
Agreed.

You are deceiving people by telling them there is a future great tribulation when the truth is that Jesus is about to come any minute from now, and many are unprepared.
That's what the rapture teaches, that Jesus will come any minute from now, and many are unprepared. What follows Christ's rapture will be wrath and tribulation. What follows Christ's Second coming will be a LOOOONG reign of peace like never before, when the lion will play with the lamb.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

God has severally promised to save His people from the wrath to come. That is what John baptist spent years talking of in the wilderness. i'll quote just 2 passages, though there are several, and others may have quoted them even.
1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 5:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
thanks
shdemidemi: I am with you on this bro^^^

Thanks for this contribution.

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
Image123: 1Co 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Someimes people just talk. It is often their own words that trip them up.
Last trumpet. So between this, and 'the end', there are no more trumpets abi? I am at work, so no time for long chat. Just see what I posted earlier in this forum regarding timeline.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=Image123]

Talking about studying, it will do you some good to observe the word 'rapture' is not even in the kjv Bible. How you'll know the difference is by knowing the definition of the word. The rapture is the catching up of saints to meet Jesus in the air. the Second coming is Jesus coming to earth with His saints. i gave two scriptures for each definition, you forgot(let's assume) to add the other that shows the difference. Here they are again.
one RAPTURE verse- 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
one SECOND COMING verse- Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints

What is this ?

Let's go back to v13.

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.

The discussion centered around those believers who had gone to 'sleep' or died physically, and Paul was trying to encourage the believers not to despair. These dead believers have hope, lets continue.

14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Now correlating the hope of the dead believers to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. They will also be raised from death to life at the second coming of Jesus.

15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.

So the dead in Christ will be resurrected first from the dead and their bodies transformed from corruptible into incorruptible. Then those believers who are alive will be translated and caught up to meet Jesus in the air.

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

A noisy event, a loud uproar, the last trump, not the second to the last.

17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

So we know that Jesus is coming back with the saints who are dead and alive, they will meet him in the air and descend to earth.

They are not going to heaven, this is pure fiction and myth.

- Jesus will come back
- His saints will meet him in the air
- They will come back together

Jesus is coming back to reign on this earth, he is not coming back to the skies in some secretive mission grin , if GOD wanted to he could have easily taken the believers to heaven without Jesus having to come secretly. Nay, FALSE all the way.

You delve into folly everytime you conclude that anyone who is not gloating or drooling over your views is not studying scriptures.

My views are my views, you are not obliged to agree, same here, I reject your false teachings.

Luk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
Luk 17:35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Luk 17:36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

You do err not knowing the scriptures, the righteous will come back with Jesus to judge and destroy the wicked, it is the wicked sinners who will be removed from the land, who will be taken and destroyed. Then the saints will take possession of the land forever and ever.

2 Peter 2:12
12 But these as natural brute beasts, led with sensuality and made to be taken, and destroyed, speak evil of those things which they know not, and shall perish through their own corruption.

[size=14pt]Christians will inherit the earth, they will not be removed from it.[/size]

Matthew 5:5
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.

Psalm 37:11
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.

Isaiah 60:21 CEB
Your people will all be righteous; they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot that I planted, the work of my hands, to glorify myself.

The Righteous will not be snatched away or removed from the earth, they will inherit the earth.

[size=14pt]The Wicked will be removed, taken away and destroyed.[/size]

Matthew 13:41
41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.

Matthew 13:40
"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

Proverbs 2:22
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

Proverbs 10:30
The righteous will never be uprooted, but the wicked will not remain in the land.

Psalm 37:9
New International Version (NIV)
9 For those who are evil will be destroyed,
but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land.

Matthew 15:13
He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.

1 Like

Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hmmm...

I am thinking probably cos we haven't experienced these kinds of persecutions first hand, we don't see it as such. Just thinking...

My question: Has the Man of Lawlessness being revealed?

I know you mentioned the pope, why do you think so cos he doesn't git totally into the descriptions in the prophecies.

Man of lawlessness is not some world leader or super man who causes chaos on the earth, he is in the church, to corrupt it, destroy it's purpose , blaspheme the name of GOD and usurp the position of Jesus on earth.

He will also bring in damnable heresies and demonic doctrines to deceive if it were possible the very elect.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
But guys..this scripture sums it all up na..

“as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating, and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until that day that Noah entered the ark and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” (Matthew 24:37-39, ESV,)

If the second coming of our Lord will be like the days of Noah, then that means we will be here right up until the day He returns and judges the earth.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bidam: But guys..this scripture sums it all up na..

“as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating, and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until that day that Noah entered the ark and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” (Matthew 24:37-39, ESV,)

If the second coming of our Lord will be like the days of Noah, then that means we will be here right up until the day He returns and judges the earth.

and also:

Luke 17:28- 30: "Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

"the same day" people.

Shalom
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by Image123(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
i said the english alphabets are a-z, someone says "NO, liar and false teacher, the english alphabets are KLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ".
It is well.
Re: Will Christians Be Around During The Great Tribulation? by JesusisLord85: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
Image123: i said the english alphabets are a-z, someone says "NO, liar and false teacher, the english alphabets are KLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ".
It is well.

Well, you under stand 1,2,3,4,5,6,,7,8,9,10.
So you must understand 1st trumpet, 2nd,3rd, to 7th. So you must also understand you do err. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / The End Of A Fornicator's Dream / Photos From Faith Oyedepo's 56th Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.