Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (22979 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Vonwolf(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
That Emir needs to be taught a good lesson, kidnapping a fine Ibo girl from a strong christian home and denying d father access to her all in d name of religion...Nawao this people sef wetin bring us together?

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by collynzo2(m): 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
They have used jazz on her, when I was serving in Nupe part of Kwara state, we had female corpers fûcking Nupe married men. This is the consequence. I am sure that girl must have been fûcking the Etsu Nupe, he'll make her his 7th wife now.

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AkinDavid2: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.

I hope you are not having mental fever when you typed this?

5 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2013
234GT: Why always Islam?
ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR
The fastest growing religion and nothing can stop it

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by collynzo2(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013
Vonwolf: That Emir needs to be taught a good lesson, kidnapping a fine Ibo girl from a strong christian home and denying d father access to her all in d name of religion...Nawao this people sef wetin bring us together?
remove that strong christian home from your post, I'm sure she was fûcking that man before it escalated to this. I've witnessed that kind of situation first hand.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mesther96(f): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2013
Religion of peacesmileycheesy
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by zolajpower: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2013
what is nigeria turning into. how can a grown lady of 24 be change to islam against her father wish? may GOD Help us the non-muslim.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by alaoeri: 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Guess Etsu don add her to his array of wives, just wonder why ppl hide under the fold of religion to commit evil act.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Arosa(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Maybe this nupe etsu=(devil) should be kidnapped too and made to convert to another religion. undecided
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.

Sharrap there, what is this one saying?
If it is your daughter in this scenario, how would you feel?
You send your daughter to school, only for one Old man to take her into the palace and be saying outrageous things.
Do you think the Etsu Nupe will tolerate it, if one christian leader takes his own female child, converts her and refuses to let her see her parents? Abeg this is unlawful.

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Handsomeemmy(m): 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: The op is being mischievious by editing out the Emirate council's response as stated below:

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them.

On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace.

The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/forced-conversion-to-islam-my-daughter-not-the-only-one-at-etsu-nupes-palace-uzoechina/#sthash.wWBmiZ[b][/b]lz.dpuf

Friend, i didn't edit anything, if i wanted to edit it, i won't give you a link to the story, i'm not an ethnic or religious bigot.

Beside, this sort of things happen day in day out in the north where i reside, in the early year 2000, it happens to the sister of a friend,in kano state and the emir took custody of the lady in like manner as what the etsu nupe did.
I'm not saying what i don't know, the case of hynotizing the lady (my friend's sister was true then), what is wrong is wrong and should not be call another name or paint to look good.

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mathskill: 10:07am On Jul 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by PeeDaVinci: 10:09am On Jul 25, 2013
it saddens me to see a christian, especially the daughter of a pastor convert to islam. still wondering what could have motivated her decision. wish her well in her new way of life.

to the pastor father - leave your girl jare, she is 24 years old and mature enough to take decisions for herself, you dont start training a girl in the way she should go at 24. if you believe she has been hypnotized, i hope you know that you serve a God that can break the power of hypnotism.
And if you think (and can prove) that your daughter is mentally unstable, and the emir is exploiting that weakness, take them to a non-sharia court. wondering why the sharia court think they have jurisdiction over this matter
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by PStacks(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2013
Arrant Madness.
Everyday Religion keeps holding ue to ransom in this country..

Its a war..

Religion against Humanity..

Everyday, Religion gains the upper hand over Mankind..

I will patiently wait till that day when Religion would crumble Mankind... Just a lil'more and Religion would be declared the winner..

Anybody can mark my words and quote me.

"Religion is the Ultimate END to Mankind" Both Islam and Christainity..

To think of it that both Religions are imported into this country and never was in our culture and tradition.. Outsiders brought their nonsense to corrupt our good morals.. Religion has not only corrupted our Morals, it has taken over everything and everything pertaining to livelihood..

Religion would play a very important role in the impending Collapse... A Collapse is imminent and non-negotiable but Religion is the catalyst to hasten the reaction.

On a long enough Time line, everything tends to zero.. Religion would bring the zeron in humanity sooner than later.

We can Abolish Religion. Both Islam and christainity...
Yes we can..

Religion and Racism are Bird of same feather.

If u ask my opinion, Racism is a lesser evil to Religion. The world frowns at Racism and promotes Religion..

Religion has caused more Blood shed in humanity more than anything I can remember. The funniest thing is that, it has no end in sight, its always going to be attack and counter attack.. No rest, no peace..

Religion is a tool of segregation
Religion is a tool to divide
Religion is the evil we talk about
Religion has caused strife
Religion has caused Hatred and Bitterness.
Religion has caused Blood shed..

We can Abolish Religion...

Whatever you know about Religion is what u have been told or what u read from a book! How are u sure there's been no conspiracy somewhere in time.

Until what we know is not what they tell us we don't truely know but think we know..

True knowledge is knowing how ignorant you are..

How is it that we have religious people but no Godly Person..

Why is Nigeria so Religious but Very Corrupt?
What has religion added to this country Socio-econo-politically?

Religion is the worst thing that ever happened to Humanity.
Religion would cripple and crumble Man..

I'm short of words. Religion would consume us all..

I am guilty of Religion, you are guilty of Religion but we might just be too blind to see it.

Everyday religion raises its ugly head in this country..

Child Marriage... Religion
2015.. Religion..

Religion is all we live for...
Religion is the greatest slave master that ever existed till date.

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 10:12am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:

ARANT NONSENSE. I rather DIE than being a Muslim. Hw man Muslim dat converted yo Christainity hv u heard dat was hold hostage?

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: The op is being mischievious by editing out the Emirate council's response as stated below:

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them.

On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace.

The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/forced-conversion-to-islam-my-daughter-not-the-only-one-at-etsu-nupes-palace-uzoechina/#sthash.wWBmiZ[b][/b]lz.dpuf

I don't believe your version either. What's the meeting point between the Etsu Nupe (who am sure is an old man with many wives) and a lady who should be in school studying? Abi the Etsu Nupe don become student?
undecided
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by daddymuna: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2013
I cry for this parents.the police pls do something. let hear from this girl.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by toney(m): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2013
why was princess diana killed?
becouse it was evident that if she marry her egyptian muslim lover, not only wiill she convert to islam, the religion [Islam] would henceforth run in the British royal blood.

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by vedaxcool(m): 10:16am On Jul 25, 2013
[quote]He spoke ahead of the August 1, 2013 expected ruling of the Bida Sharia Court 1 on whether or not 24-year-old Charity (Aisha) Uzoechina should be released to her parents.
Charity left their Abuja home to further her studies at the Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger State recently. According to reports, she has not returned home since March. She has allegedly been at the palace of the Etsu Nupe on her own volition after converting to Islam and changing her name to Aisha.

Pastor Uzoechina is claiming that his daughter was kidnapped and hypnotised and could never abandon the Christian faith for Islam. But the Etsu Nupe argued otherwise and produced legal documents where his daughtersaid she had converted to Islam and alleged that his father could kill her for the action hence the need to seek protection from the Palace and the Sharia Court, which the court granted.quote]

Any sensible discussion can only take place within the above quote.

1. Girl who was formerly a Christian converted to Islam.
2. Girl feared the reaction of her parents hence refused to go home
3.Girl approach the etsu nupe to protect her from.her father's wrath.
4. Girl signed document to this effect.
5 . Girl is above 18 which entire entitles her to even renounce citizenship .
6. Father believe all the years of preaching hate against Islam would insulate her from convertion.
7. Father believes that she is hypnotized with okijajuju and she is no longer in her senses.
8. Girl so far has iinsisted on her inalienable rights to beliefs.

The evidence thus far show more of a breakdown in communication btw daughter nd father than a kidnapping.

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2013
The girl converted to islam,9ja is a free country.The father should just accept the fact.And by the way,etsu nupe is a first class emir.There is no court in 9ja that can touch his hair.So the father,should just forget it.If he don't want his children to be muslims.He should move back to the east.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Pistolx(m): 10:17am On Jul 25, 2013
y are all these northernerz behaving lyk fools,i was at my hometown jst last week,ibagwa-aka in nsukka,i was amazed,i neva knew we had igbo muslims infact my mother junior sista shez muslim married to another igbo muslim and all of us are living in thesame community peacefuly..bt hez children refused islam and were going 2 church dia wasnt any trouble,infact he is the one dat usualy take them to church in hez bike..i neva knew we had such a large number of igbo muslims bt tnk God we all living in peace

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by seunfly: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Don Demu:
ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR
The fastest growing religion and nothing can stop it
With comment like this in ds criminal situation is what makes me doubt i***m some times, u people seems to be happy anytime one of u do evil things that favour/in d name of religion. U forget dt if every religion have to do dt way, d world will be chaos and essence of good God of our religion is wiped out.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 25, 2013

Etsu Nupe should be absolved if ''Aisha'' actually approached the court for protection !!!

Nigerian Constitution already protect her !!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2013
somebody must have fvkced her senseless in that palace, and i suspect his royal highness, mr. etsu nupe

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by hayubee(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2013
Munafiqoon!!! Going against the teaching of the prophet (pbuh)
Allah also said in d quran: let there b no compulsion in religion let the truth stand out clear.
moreover their shadah is invaid it never came from their heart it came from their tongue!!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by OCTAVO: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2013
This same Estu Nupe is educated, and he withdrew the girl from school? This is arrant wickedness!
The man is sick in the head!
This is not the first time something like this will happen in Bida. It has been happening on a lowkey before.
Before you know what is happening, they will go and sew a big hijab for her.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by ambgiano(m): 10:27am On Jul 25, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, this is so appalling. How on earth could one conscientiously leave light and head towards darkness? Now it is dawning on us where Sani Yerima got his inspiration of child rape and incanceration. I weep for my country
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
hah...wit dz comment of urs u r foolish...whc anoda abusive word can i use...ok,u think with ur cerebellum n maintain ballance wif ur cerebrum

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman / Ejigbo Residents Jubilate Over Road Construction / Imo APC Crisis: "I Am In Charge" - Okorocha Regains Ground (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.