Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (22975 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by IYANGBALI: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
Why sharia court?are there no other law courts in niger state?there is more to the whole thing.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by SHAAWA: 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
Lol, we have alot of them in d north who were charmed by money. They're so much hypotised to the extent that they build houses for their parents and sponsor their siblings education.

[quote
author=Co-enzymeA]I lived in Bida for 4 years and can confirm to you
people that this is not new. A lot of greedy Christian girls have been
lured into this trap by Nupe men especially if she is light skinned and
beautiful. Once you accept money and gifts from them, they charm you and
suddenly you become Aisha or Halima and the scenario above plays out.
The girl runs away from home, the father objects to the union and Etsu
becomes the father and gives the girl out to the old man that charmed
her. In this Pastor's case, the girl just suddenly converted to Islam. I
believe they didn't tell us the whole story. There must be an old man
with 2-3 wives somewhere she wants to marry. A sound of warning to
parents! If you have a beautiful girl don't let her go to Federal Poly
Bida. If she must go, warn her NEVER to collect money or gifts from any
Nupe man. A word is enough for the wise. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by todayguest(m): 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
I hv had friends who confessed to me, that, they love to be xtians. But, their fear is parents nd family members. That they 'll be killed or banished. It's not allowed for a muslim, convert to Christ. Though, the constitution permits it.That they hv seen people banished or even poisoned. That's the reason many muslims who love to convert hv not done so. And that, most parents dont even allow their children to travel down south for fear of convertion.! When 'll we hv a level-playing-ground?

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AAAdam(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
true2god: I think the etsu nupe should be charged for kidnap and unlawful detention. Where on earth can this happen if not the northern part of Nigeria.

I cant imagine an obi of Onitsha detaining a fulani girl on the pretense that she has converted to christianity. She is free to convert to Islam but y detain her in ur house\palace so that y can apply yerima-style on her after hypnotizing her.

Guy there need 4u to know the meaning of kidnaping and unlaful detaintion. Which one be yarima-style for the 24 years old?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Inoknowbook: 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: The op is being mischievious by editing out the Emirate council's response as stated below:

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them.

On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace.

The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/forced-conversion-to-islam-my-daughter-not-the-only-one-at-etsu-nupes-palace-uzoechina/#sthash.wWBmiZ[b][/b]lz.dpuf

What a very convenient version by the Bida Emirate. How come everything happened at Emir's palace, where the father was the only person against a whole palace of the Emir. Why not bring the girl out in the open where the public could be witness? If there were to be no Islamic religion, I believe that this world would have been a far better place. Mtcheeeeew!

4 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
todayguest: I hv had friends who confessed to me, that, they love to be xtians. But, their fear is parents nd family members. That they 'll be killed or banished. It's not allowed for a muslim, convert to Christ. Though, the constitution permits it.That they hv seen people banished or even poisoned. That's the reason many muslims who love to convert hv not done so. And that, most parents dont even allow their children to travel down south for fear of convertion.! When 'll we hv a level-playing-ground?

that of poisoning is true. this one even happened in the south west. one brother gave the testimony around 1995. when he got converted, his mother was worried and not happy. thank God the Brother was fervent. the friends of the mother had advised her to poison her son because of shame they alleged the son brought to Islam. the woman did so. but God had revealed it to the brother. he collected the food from the mother and said " I will eat the food but when I die you will be the one that loose and not ur friends advising you. the mother then cried and prevented him from eating the food.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AAAdam(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pistolx: y are all these northernerz behaving lyk fools,i was at my hometown jst last week,ibagwa-aka in nsukka,i was amazed,i neva knew we had igbo muslims infact my mother junior sista shez muslim married to another igbo muslim and all of us are living in thesame community peacefuly..bt hez children refused islam and were going 2 church dia wasnt any trouble,infact he is the one dat usualy take them to church in hez bike..i neva knew we had such a large number of igbo muslims bt tnk God we all living in peace
igbo muslims are doing well in religion, and you shouldn't be suprise what ever he/they do because that was what they were taught by the QUR'AN to leave in peace and harmony with non-belivers as per as they allowed them to do their worshiping freely.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Halleluyahtope(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
Another otobil 4rum the pit of hell.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ruthia(f): 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
donroxy:

I am not a legal Practitioner but minored in Law in my undergraduate days .........

The Girl asked ''Sharia Court'' to protect her against the incarceration of her father ..... Thereby, if the father has issues with any of that ... He must approach the Sharia court whose protection his daughter has sought !!!

2: Ur question number 2 need not be answered as we have different version of the story .....:

a) that the Etsu Nupe forcefully withdraw Aisha from school

rebuttal said Her Gp was completely low thus expelled from school !!!

b) A version said Etsu Nupe kidnapped the girl and hid her from her parent

rebutta said the girl sought protective custody from Sharia Court ....

And many other versions ..... !!!

My resolution is ; If the man think Aisha has been hypnotised, since he is a pastor, he shd de-hypnotised her with prayer or whatever means !!!

2. If he think Etsu Nupe kidnapped her daughter , he should approach another court to sue Etsu Nupe ....

3. He must approached Sharia court and swear to an oat that nothing will happen to Aisha if she is released to his custody ,if otherwise, he would be hold responsible !!!

So. Many option available....... Islam is against forced Conversion !!!
what is that thing u giv to dem dat make dem loose der senses? U knw d truth!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2013
BinghiNya: My ex aborted my pregnancy due to her christian family

just wondering why you had premarital sex to begin with.

and it doesnt necessarily mean they did that because of your religion (and why didnt you follow her to church?), but could also be because of tribe, etc.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
Professor Peter: Organise some Igbo guys hard core kidnappers, kidnapp one of emir's daughters , bring her to the creek in the south south. We will help you keep her. Within 24hours your daughter will be released.

are you sure?

if he has 20+ daughters, would he even notice one of them is gone, seems more like he'd be happy she'd be getting a husband/baby daddy/whatever and he'd have new links to your area, imo.

abi you dey take style screen for hausa girl ni?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ruthia(f): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pretta Pacco: Christians, pls pray for that family, if not for the sake of that girl, but for the sake of the dad. This is really painful. Denying someone the right to be with his daughter wether christain or muslim is awful. Law makers in Nigeria, enforcement agencies in Nigeria, you all have a lot of work to do.
exactly,
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Msgamble: 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2013
A A Adam: igbo muslims are doing well in religion, and you shouldn't be suprise what ever he/they do because that was what they were taught by the QUR'AN to leave in peace and harmony with non-belivers as per as they allowed them to do their worshiping freely.
My bro which area u dey? Cos me,i have never heard or seen any igbo true-born muslim,even the last census doesn't document any even no traces found on wikipedia except the fulani/yoruba muslims living among them..@vedaxcool,it would have been better GOD created as Goat cos u reason lyk one..Estu is a disgrace,all muslims should avoid identifying with him cos his action further derailed islam cos he feel threatened by rising GOSPEL in neighbouring state(benue,kogi,nassarawa n entire middle belt)..unless u ppl will b reduced to ordinary cult(in number) in 9ja..i pity (muslims)them(so called faithful)
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Ruthia(f): 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
toney: why was princess diana killed?
becouse it was evident that if she marry her egyptian muslim lover, not only wiill she convert to islam, the religion [Islam] would henceforth run in the British royal blood.
who decieve u?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Easy1401(m): 11:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
She is already in darkness only God can safe her.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
true2god: I think the etsu nupe should be charged for kidnap and unlawful detention. Where on earth can this happen if not the northern part of Nigeria.

I cant imagine an obi of Onitsha detaining a fulani girl on the pretense that she has converted to christianity. She is free to convert to Islam but y detain her in ur house\palace so that y can apply yerima-style on her after hypnotizing her.

This is so unlawful from the emir.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Mintayo(m): 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
It iis only God that can save dis girl o...d father should be very prayerful..dis is now a spiritual matter!
I v lived in kwara state before and i knw what dis ppl can do-for d sake of islam!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 12:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Don Demu:
ALLAHU AKBAR ALLAHU AKBAR
The fastest growing religion and nothing can stop it
Sh arrap 4 der ...whch kind fastest growing religion, religion that preaches violent and not peace.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by PECO4KING(m): 12:46am On Jul 26, 2013
king arizona: Wtf!!!! This is sh*t!!!!
Is ISLAM a religion!!

LORD have mercy!!!

If your religion is a good one, u will not say such sentence. Follow the words of God u read not by judging people bcs some are bad u conclude everyone is bad. in short there is different btw human behavior and religion. U may see some good muslim and u see bad Christian. At time u see bad muslim while u see good Christian. Islam is a religion of peace for those who really know it and understand it. Please apply knowledge as a true believe when u talk on social network.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:11am On Jul 26, 2013
Tolexander: Uzoenyi! Your daughter is now one of the brides of Emir of Bida!

Why withdrawing her from school and start searching for another school for her just because she converted to islam.

Chai
Imagine an Igbo girl is now being mounted by the paramount ruler
She is obviously hypnotized
No Igbo girl will abandon school to become the plaything of an old man
Nupe man for that matter
Abomination
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 26, 2013
brodalikeme: Is she a fine girl shocked shocked

Does she look Like a 9 yr old?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by PECO4KING(m): 1:21am On Jul 26, 2013
Is she the only girl in sck,how did she met the Emir. The story self get K-leg. Girls of now a days. If u dress as a good Christian u can't fall in hands with wrong hands, expect if na temptation time. Pls don't judge na just one side of the story u hear and u na don turn am to war. I av read a lot of insult from Christian who claims their religion is the best and I av read a lot from muslim who claim theirs is the best. But with wetin I just read now,I can see both religion are full of good and bad people. I believe as a religious person u only need to settle matter not by fighting one another. Pray for the girl and leave everything for God because he know best and if the story is real that emir need to pass through shara judgment. Because it is wrong islamical to keep someone daughter in ur custody when the emir know her parent is still alive and it is wrong to marry a woman without her bride pass.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by tpia5: 1:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Pray for the girl and leave everything for God

true that.

hopefully the dad has other children he can attend to.

he should just leave the girl and remember her in prayer.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 7:48am On Jul 26, 2013
Vandi2: Islam is a cult.. And the follower cultist, d same thing is happening in northern Nigeria...why is it like dis.....it will not be well with any muslims in this world and hereafter...i rest my case
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by anataala: 7:50am On Jul 26, 2013
The emir did the right thing, I was opportune to listen to this case for a very long time on love fm 104.5 Abuja,the girl voluntary take her self to the Muslim students in bida and change her faith to islam when the news reached her father, he threaten her life and the lady ran to emir palace and explain everything to him, the place sent for her father to come and the explain the allegations his dauther told them, that he will kill her, the pastor did not denied it. And she make a plea to stay @ the place because she suspects her that he might go extra mile to sent people to catch her and take her to him against her wish. So she feels she is no more safe to be with her family. What is wrong with her decision? Police were sent number with out times to the place and she keep on telling them she is not interested to meet her Dad or honor his invitation to come back home is on record. And every one knows a lady of her age is a grown old lady that knows what she want, so he should stops telling lies that she is kidnap. She have every right to change her faith as a citizen of Nigeria if she feels ok with it.

donroxy: I don't think Islam supports what Etsu Nupe is doing ..... !!!

The Girl has ''balaga'' (Matured) and She should be ''guarded'' towards dealing with her parents not ''Kidnapped'' and ''hidden'' away from her parent !!! !!!

Under Islamic Jurisdiction ,Her parents still have all rights towards her and she can only disagree with them(her parent), Honorably, on the issue of her religion ....... Even without making them angry or seeking their wrath !!!

Whatever They told her that made her dumped the Religion she was raised,educated and tutored from infancy till maturity despite her father being a
pastor must be enough to safeguard Her against the Incarceration of her parent !!

Apart from Islamic Jurisdiction, Nigerian Constitution allowed ''Aisha'' freedom of Religion as far as she is above Eighteen(18) which also protect the girl against her parent's possible re-conversion !!

Etsu Nupe and his agents actions are not Islamic and Muslim Clerics should rise to this ...... If the situation is as reported !!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 7:50am On Jul 26, 2013
babyosisi:

Chai
Imagine an Igbo girl is now being mounted by the paramount ruler
She is obviously hypnotized
No Igbo girl will abandon school to become the plaything of an old man
Nupe man for that matter
Abomination
Abi ooo.....so disgusting and unheard.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2013
adebo olusegun: Hmmmm....do you think dat is wot islam truely teaches? Must u force people u win soul for God...this is notin but a kidnapin act.
Wetin dis 1 dey talk naw, if you don't have anything reasonable to say or contribute, carry your water melon mou..th comot 4 here.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Skmoda360(m): 8:02am On Jul 26, 2013
do you have thinking faculty at all?
[quote author=Ibrahim mr fish]
The lady is an adult,she is 24 so she can stay were ever she choose to stay.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by uthfaith(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2013
princesammmy: its not that easy. they use charms. its so common in the north but its mostly those ones with Long throat it catches. if u go to all d emirs houses in the north you will see christians they kidnap
may God 4give u coz u did ntin 2 prove wht u sayin
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by molas02: 10:56am On Jul 26, 2013
short they fuckoff.............can u take that strash, na northan area that kind thing fit dey happen oooooo.........to hell with Islam
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Afam4eva(m): 11:52am On Jul 26, 2013
AbdH:
Lol! When a Christian leaves the religion, he or she is hypnotized but when others join Christianity, they are said to have seen the light, hmmn? Keep deceiving yourselves.
Lol grin This actually applies to everyone.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Skmoda-360:

Sh arrap 4 der ...whch kind fastest growing religion, religion that preaches violent and not peace.

ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION AT SWORD AND GUN AND BOMB POINT.....AND ALSO BY THE FORCEFULL PENETRATIO OF WRINKLED D!KCS TO PLANT INFERIOR SP3RMS

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okezie Ikpeazu Heads To Supreme Court / Soludo's Full Statement: Bans Okada And Tricycle. Curfew From 6am To 6pm / “castigate Buhari Or Any Governor, Get Sacked Immediately” – Gov. Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.