Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam (22984 Views)

Mark In Secret Meeting With IBB, Abdulsalami, Etsu Nupe, Others / Etsu Nupe Charms Pastor’s Daughter, She’s Under Certain Influences —CAN New Fdn / My Daughter Not The Only One Held Hostage At Etsu Nupes Palace- Pastor Uzoechina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
mikeywise:

why should the man be asked to appear b4 a sharia court when he is not a muslim?

Before reading all that, i have been following this particular story.
when the parents of the girl went with a lawyer, they were shown the judgment passed by the court (my question number 2 is still unanswered).
my take on this is; i dont have any problem with the conversion of the girl to islam afterall she is 24, she is free to take her decisions. what i am against is holding her in the palace, the parents have every right to see her.

I am not a legal Practitioner but minored in Law in my undergraduate days .........

The Girl asked ''Sharia Court'' to protect her against the incarceration of her father ..... Thereby, if the father has issues with any of that ... He must approach the Sharia court whose protection his daughter has sought !!!

2: Ur question number 2 need not be answered as we have different version of the story .....:

a) that the Etsu Nupe forcefully withdraw Aisha from school

rebuttal said Her Gp was completely low thus expelled from school !!!

b) A version said Etsu Nupe kidnapped the girl and hid her from her parent

rebutta said the girl sought protective custody from Sharia Court ....

And many other versions ..... !!!

My resolution is ; If the man think Aisha has been hypnotised, since he is a pastor, he shd de-hypnotised her with prayer or whatever means !!!

2. If he think Etsu Nupe kidnapped her daughter , he should approach another court to sue Etsu Nupe ....

3. He must approached Sharia court and swear to an oat that nothing will happen to Aisha if she is released to his custody ,if otherwise, he would be hold responsible !!!

So. Many option available....... Islam is against forced Conversion !!!

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Organise some Igbo guys hard core kidnappers, kidnapp one of emir's daughters , bring her to the creek in the south south. We will help you keep her. Within 24hours your daughter will be released. Eye for eye, let both eyes be blind

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Felixadded(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.
You're so so daft and disgusting. It's amazingly amazing to still see low level of reasoning of some people in this 21st century!
Regardless of u being a Christian or a Muslim. I will like you to put yourself in the man's shoe and ask your damn self, can I ever stand that torture? Assuming, u were ceased by a fucking religious court not to see your own son or daughter(ur very flesh n blood), Pls be candid, how would you feel?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AbdH: 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
confusion247:
Kindly explain to us why she should remain in that palace.
So that she doesn't have to experience that thing she is afraid her dad will do to her.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Kingspin(m): 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
I personal like the word Islam but wholly hate most of their practices.. They dnt have the head to convince people.So they employ force....*Yerima's party*
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by AbdH: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
debbleopto:

This is one of the most outstanding Mumu I have heard. imagine that " muslims are more tolerant " so the boko haram that are killing, bombing, slaughtering, and burning are more tolerant? they even want to force the president of the nation to convert. all sura verses that talks about looking for every unbelievers in Allah ( al - the; lah - God) and the last day and killed them. that one mean tolerance. In Lagos in early 90's a JS3 student (girl) was killed by her father (he was imam of a mosque ) for converting to Christian. Thank God police arrested parents. in unilorin about two decades ago, when a serious Muslim student got converted to Christian, the Muslim students came to attack the Christian brethren. It was to painful for them. it is the spirit that a man possess that determines how tolerant the person is. Jesus Christ said learn of me for I am meek and lowly. in the hadiths anyone attacking Mohammed doctrines usually loose his life for such action. Islam is not successful on its own except by sword. Even hamadiyya movement suffer a little in their hands because of slight difference in their doctrine. Q'uran said it is Judas that was crucified but hamadiyya said it is Jesus.
Is that all you've got?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by UncleSmart: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Isn't it obvious that the girl refuses to follow her dad home because she knows how intolerant her Christian dad is of people of other faith..whether they are family or not?
Christians say that Muslims don't want to be Christians because they will be killed by Muslims while I believe that Christians don't want to be Muslims because they will either be killed or turned to outcasts by Christians.
I still maintain that Muslims are more tolerant than Christians and I advise that the girl should not go with her dad unless she wants to die in regret.
I am sorry to say that you dont really know much about Christianity. Christian dont kill like any other religion do, its is in Islam and few other religion that when one of your siblings convert to any other religion that you have to kill him/her but not in Christianity. Dont use your heart to judge other religion when you dont know what they practice.
And i am so surprise that you are here defending this, that really shows the "kind of heart" you have.
thanks.

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Kingspin(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
If you have been to any state esp in the state where Islam reins,you will understand well,they are still exiting in the past, A.D's. They have nothing to OFFER to the entire Global, except for those ones that are already liberated.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Reference: Oga Pastor your daughter is 24years of age and was attending a college of sorts so she's old and should be literate enough to decide what she wants. I think the matter here is your pride as a clergyman and what society thinks but the truth is that biologically and scripturally you have missed the opportunity to keep her on the straight and narrow.

As an adult that has a 'functional' soul there is not much you can do without God's help so go back to where you have missed it and ask for help. You need serious help here because if your girl is 'influenced' as you say, a physical fight may result in her total loss, your loss or mutually assured destruction. Beware.

The should be brought out of the dungeon and should be very bold enough to tell the whole world her testimony of conversion. How that she discovered that Allah is more rewarding than Jesus Christ. To tell the word whether she have more assuring peace when she left prince of peace for Allah. the was a boy in my class in year 3 at engineering faculty. The Ibo Guy lost out in the department and was asked to withdraw from the school. it was his neighbor a Muslim girl consoling him and led him to be reading Koran. though money was involved you should trust now. the best to be done is to counsel the father and ask him to treat the girl well irrespective of her faith. which church leader have ever persecuted a backslider rather than praying for them?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Reference: Oga Pastor your daughter is 24years of age and was attending a college of sorts so she's old and should be literate enough to decide what she wants. I think the matter here is your pride as a clergyman and what society thinks but the truth is that biologically and scripturally you have missed the opportunity to keep her on the straight and narrow.

As an adult that has a 'functional' soul there is not much you can do without God's help so go back to where you have missed it and ask for help. You need serious help here because if your girl is 'influenced' as you say, a physical fight may result in her total loss, your loss or mutually assured destruction. Beware.

The should be brought out of the dungeon and should be very bold enough to tell the whole world her testimony of conversion. How that she discovered that Allah is more rewarding than Jesus Christ. To tell the word whether she have more assuring peace when she left prince of peace for Allah. the was a boy in my class in year 3 at engineering faculty. The Ibo Guy lost out in the department and was asked to withdraw from the school. it was his neighbor a Muslim girl consoling him and led him to be reading Koran. though money was involved you should trust now. the best to be done is to counsel the father and ask him to treat the girl well irrespective of her faith. which church leader have ever persecuted a backslider rather than praying for them?
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by jude33084(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:

It is only in the muslim world today you see people beheading their children because they convert to Christian or say something foul to islam wink

Christians are not savages like the religion up north cool
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by PrettaPacco(f): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Christians, pls pray for that family, if not for the sake of that girl, but for the sake of the dad. This is really painful. Denying someone the right to be with his daughter wether christain or muslim is awful. Law makers in Nigeria, enforcement agencies in Nigeria, you all have a lot of work to do.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by striker9(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: The girl converted to islam,9ja is a free country.The father should just accept the fact.And by the way,etsu nupe is a first class emir.There is no court in 9ja that can touch his hair.So the father,should just forget it.If he don't want his children to be muslims.He should move back to the east.
you have proven beyond reasonable doubt that you have fish brain.Its illiterates like you who drag Islam into mud,ode!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by BinghiNya(m): 12:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
BlackBaron:
A dad is asking for the return of his daughter and this is what you come up with?
I'll insulge this troll for a bit.
As far as I know there is no crime for apostacy in Christendom. You can somersault in and out if you so wish.

However, I'm sure if the daughter of an imam or sheik's conversion came to widespread notice. The daggers would be out with the obligatory death threats and maybe disownment from her family.
Besides its not rocket science, common knowledge by now what results google would show when asked about who is liable to be killed for conversion.
sharrap if a christian converts to islam he becomes a persona non grata, also muslim kids in christian homes are denied the right to go to the mosque i

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 12:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Kingspin: I personal like the word Islam but wholly hate most of their practices.. They dnt have the head to convince people.So they employ force....*Yerima's party*

Islam actually means total submission. don't be confused with the slam in it. It only resemble salam (peace). that is why you have the slave of ...... Abdul.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by jude33084(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
donroxy:

I am not a legal Practitioner but minored in Law in my undergraduate days .........

The Girl asked ''Sharia Court'' to protect her against the incarceration of her father ..... Thereby, if the father has issues with any of that ... He must approach the Sharia court whose protection his daughter has sought !!!

2: Ur question number 2 need not be answered as we have different version of the story .....:

a) that the Etsu Nupe forcefully withdraw Aisha from school

rebuttal said Her Gp was completely low thus expelled from school !!!

b) A version said Etsu Nupe kidnapped the girl and hid her from her parent

rebutta said the girl sought protective custody from Sharia Court ....

And many other versions ..... !!!

My resolution is ; If the man think Aisha has been hypnotised, since he is a pastor, he shd de-hypnotised her with prayer or whatever means !!!

2. If he think Etsu Nupe kidnapped her daughter , he should approach another court to sue Etsu Nupe ....

3. He must approached Sharia court and swear to an oat that nothing will happen to Aisha if she is released to his custody ,if otherwise, he would be hold responsible !!!

So. Many option available....... Islam is against forced Conversion !!!

No wonder the world call you guys hypocrite undecided
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Kingspin(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Okija_juju: Her father is claiming that she was forced to convert to Islam... The girl is saying NO!! I am now a Muslim by freewill..

The father is seeking to force her to come home... She went to a Sharia court to stop her father from taking her home.

From all indications, the babe is where she wants to be. She is a 24yr old adult and thus responsible for her own actions and inactions. Her fathers insistence on getting his daughter back home by force is just as concerning as the Nupe fellows desire to hold on to the girl..

My ruling: The girl is an adult, both Nupe and her Daddy need to back the fvck up!! angry
Use both ur skul here. If she is ur daughter , u will forget about her. Why?..Islam are good in brainwashing,charms etc.So u dnt make personal decisions remember thats if ur nt one! Let the girl go home nobdy will kill her..
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by BinghiNya(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
ChEkWaS IyKe :

ARANT NONSENSE. I rather DIE than being a Muslim. Hw man Muslim dat converted yo Christainity hv u heard dat was hold hostage? FOOL!
you are the greatest fool of all times intolerance is a part of chrisianity man worshippers
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by MrChris1(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
GOD HELP US ALL!!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mancheeutd(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
AbdH:
Seriously, is it that difficult to understand? The girl says she doesn't want another chance with her dad because she knows what the pastor dad is capable of. In most cases, Muslims who convert to the other side tell it earlier than vice-versa. There is only one explanation for that and it is intolerance.

oga ade did u read the content or u just decided to type trash. all hes asking of is yo see his daughter y should he be judged using the sharia court wat nonsense is that abeg christians dnt behave. in such anbirrational and uncultured manner must every thiln evil be associated with yhe religion.of fiss
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by BinghiNya(m): 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Buhu cry me a river, a father who impregnated a 12-14 year old Girl to deliver himself as a "holy son" is what?

chi 3:6; James 1:17).

Jesus’ second coming will be exceedingly violent. Revelation 19:11-21 describes the ultimate war with Christ, the conquering commander who judges and makes war “with justice” (v. 11). It’s going to be bloody (v. 13) and gory. The birds will eat the flesh of all those who oppose Him (v. 17-18). He has no compassion upon His enemies, whom He will conquer completely and consign and consign to a “fiery lake of burning sulfur” (v. 20).
http://www.gotquestions.org/war-Bible.html

No freedom of worship in this christian eldorado.
isaac deceived his father to get his blessings so the forebearer of jesus was a 419, samson killed commited genocide, moses killed, david killed and they were forebearers of christ

1 Like

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

Buhu cry me a river, a father who impregnated a 12-14 year old Girl to deliver himself as a "holy son" is what?

Jesus’ second coming will be exceedingly violent. Revelation 19:11-21 describes the ultimate war with Christ, the conquering commander who judges and makes war “with justice” (v. 11). It’s going to be bloody (v. 13) and gory. The birds will eat the flesh of all those who oppose Him (v. 17-18). He has no compassion upon His enemies, whom He will conquer completely and consign and consign to a “fiery lake of burning sulfur” (v. 20).

No freedom of worship in this christian eldorado.TYPICAL OF YOU, SARACENS.ALWAYS QUOTING THE BIBLE OUT OF CONTEXT. BE CAREFUL THOUGH,DEEDAT WAS NOT SPARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND FOR THE RECORD, WHERE IS MUHAMMAD(...)

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
vedaxcool:

No freedom of worship in this christian eldorado.TYPICAL OF YOU, SARACENS.ALWAYS QUOTING THE BIBLE OUT OF CONTEXT. BE CAREFUL THOUGH,DEEDAT WAS NOT SPARED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND FOR THE RECORD, WHERE IS MUHAMMAD(...)?

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by collynzo2(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
Imagine a Muslim girl who 'converted to chrsitianity' being held against her parents' wishes by a christian household. There would have been riots and violence everywhere. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Cypost: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
abubello: The op is being mischievious by editing out the Emirate council's response as stated below:

Responding to the allegations, the Bida Emirate reportedly accused Uzoechina of distorting facts and insisted that the Etsu Nupe should not be blamed for the girl’s voluntary decision.It said in a statement that Miss Uzoechina approached the monarch for protection over her change of faith from Christianity to Islam on February 15.“The royal father invited the father of the girl for talks, with the hope of reconciling them.

On March 2, the father came to the palace and was taken before His Royal Highness. It was at His Royal Highness chamber that the father came face to face with his daughter. After discussions with the girl and her father, the Etsu Nupe asked the girl to go back home with her father to resolve the matter as a family.“The girl refused to go home with her father fearing that the father may harm her going by the encounter at the Etsu Nupe’s palace.

The girl left the palace and approached a court in Bida for protection, a request which the court granted the girl. The girl has since been in the custody of the court in Bida. Her reason was that her father insulted her and she was scared that he may harm her because of his utterances during their short meeting.” -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/forced-conversion-to-islam-my-daughter-not-the-only-one-at-etsu-nupes-palace-uzoechina/#sthash.wWBmiZ[b][/b]lz.dpuf
did u believe that, do all who convert to islam rush to Etse nupe for protection
just leave religion and be reasonable atimes. she is even old enough to confront/disagree with her parents on any issues
she need no pedophilia for protection if she is in her right senses.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by mrfatimoh(m): 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
true2god: I think the etsu nupe should be charged for kidnap and unlawful detention. Where on earth can this happen if not the northern part of Nigeria.

I cant imagine an obi of Onitsha detaining a fulani girl on the pretense that she has converted to christianity. She is free to convert to Islam but y detain her in ur house\palace so that y can apply yerima-style on her after hypnotizing her.

Islam sucks!

It is people like you that throws this country into the kind of avoidable turmoil that is greatly militating against our development and progress as a nation.If you do not agree with a religion or the action of an adherent of a religion,that does not warrant a general condemnation of the religion.What do you understand about Islam?Why do you believe that,all that you have heard,is truly the facts of the matter?Your comment is a simple reflection of your crass ignorance,intolerance and immaturity.Next time ,learn not to condemn the religion of millions of adherents,the way you did.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
Even after ,seeing the truth that the girl choose islam some people a re still saying she has been hypnotized,rather it is you that has been hypnotised and brain washed by your preachers.You have been told not to listen to anything Islam.Even when you give a christian an english quran he/she still won't read.You are the ones truely hypnotised without knowing.Majority of ђã†̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ think you know about islam Is either false or distorted.Why don't you find out about islam from its own sources rather than choosing to remain ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
jude33084:

No wonder the world call you guys hypocrite undecided
hmmm, Go on Son !!!
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by striker9(m): 1:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
pumpingmachine: I really feel sad reading this story, more sad reading the comments of Muslims on this website who are supporting the Etsu Nupe. It goes a long way to show how myopic and intellectually deficient many people are.
All I can see in the story is the agony of a father who doesn't know the truth concerning the fate of his daughter. But because your religion is gaining one additional member, you believe it is okay to kidnap another man's daughter and brainwash her while yours are closely kept underneath hijabs.
Jokes apart, this is totally inhuman and degrading to the rational mind. Ever wonder why this will NEVER happen in Christianity? It's because we have conscience, commonsense and are not befuddled with cannibalism, pedophilia, agitation and intellectual psychosis. Smh for Islam
you have said it all,separating a daughter from his father all in the name of religion.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by debbleopto: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mr. Chris:
GOD HELP US ALL!!!

this is a fact. inside the Kaaba there is a black stone and the stone is being kissed to show appreciation to God's goodness. In all the promises for al-janah the women are excluded. men can get uptown 70 wives but women are not even remembered. if you look inti Google and search for the history of the cresent moon and star, you will see pictures of Archaeological objects discovered bearing the images of the cresent moon and star which also predates the start of Islam. There is no Muslim scholar which have ever touched or study the book of revelation. Jesus said in heaven that saints don't Marry but Koran said they marry even more than they do on earth. Only I don't know if they will bear children. if their is no more work to be done and a man is left with seventy wives then he do no other thing there than sex. and every believer that made it their will be doing the thing at the same time. Can the resultant effect of many sound track at the same time. Never of the holy heaven our tri holy God lives.
Re: Etsu Nupe Accused Of Forcefully Converting People To Islam by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Maybe she is fine, and the emir fell in love with her beauty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Imo APC Crisis: "I Am In Charge" - Okorocha Regains Ground (VIDEO) / Akeredolu To Construct Cable Car At Idanre Hills, Ondo / ‘Hoodlums’ Disrupt Northern Coalition’s Meeting On Insecurity In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.