Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Remember Me - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24490 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 7:17am On Aug 07, 2013
Update fast tudae oh
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:20am On Aug 07, 2013
@Eni i'll try 2 do just dat... Tnks ppl
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:23am On Aug 07, 2013
chistar01: Your description is world class. Slow updates tho.
Ma oga i greet u o, ur boy dey learn o and he is vry loyal. As per d delay, its a product of ma work. Tnks for readin 2ru.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
The interior of the "FORTRESS OF FORTUNE" was an examplar of affluence. It was wealth personified. The gigantic walls of the duplex were marble tiles while the floor had perfect shiny floor tiles which certainly was imported from seville, Spain. The temperature of the room was slightly cold due to the efficacy of the central air condition unit which stood like a Buckingham palace guard at a corner of the maracana size living room.

Three people sat down on the lofty black leather couch. Their gaze were fixed on the large LG plasma Television set which hung firmly on the wall. The people on the screen appeared real due to the large screen size and high picture quality which was definitely High Definition (HD). The guys sat at ease drinking casually from a large bottle of champagne, savouring the moment with music playing in the background from the home theatre.They discussed in loud tone as they awaited for their host.
"Iron bone!" a voice called loudly. From the sound of the voice, the caller was descending the stairs to the living room area. Ade sprang up from his seat on hearing his alas being called. No other person would call him that way.
"Yes Bosss" he screamed with an abundance of "S" Ade lunge forward then stopped abruptly. He looked at the two guys he was drinking with.
"Yes Bosss" he shouted louder like a possessed mad demon. The two guys also stood up and were bouncing around like victorious Greek warlords.

The boss was dressed in a black, well tailored trousers and a white strip long sleeves shirt. Between the index and middle finger of his left hand, he held a fat cuban cigarette. The brown hat and brown Italian leather foot wear he wore complimented his out fit. He looked like he was barely forty when actually he was already five years old before the nations independence. He was the proud owner of the "FORTRESS OF FORTUNE" and the entire treasure it wield.

Without asking questions about their operation, he already knew from their countenance that they were successful. He maintained his usually innocent and charming smile as he raised his left hand towards his mouth. He took a long draw and with a nod he released the fume. Ade walked towards the glass stool near his seat and brought a black brief case and placed it no the centre table before the glaring eyes of the Boss.
"This is five million US dollars" Ade said with a husky voice. The gentle smile from the Boss gradually turned into a roar of laughter. As he laughte wildly he placed his palm on the neatly arranged wads.
"Its all about Benjamin" he whispered.
"Iron bone" he called out stil laughing.
"Yes Boss" Ade replied bouncing like a heavy weight wrestler. As he moved, his chest followed the rhythm.
"This is a very good job. You guys have done perfectly well." he paused and poured himself some wine before he continued.
"every worker deserve his wages." with that, he brought out some wads and with the precision of an expert he tossed five hundred thousand to Ade.
"That's for a job well done, share that amongst yourself" he said as he carried the brief case and walked back towards the stairs. The young men kept chanting his praises as he walked. He stopped abruptly and turned towards a beautiful art painting which exuded an aura of quality. He read out the words on the painting loudly
"My God shall supply all my need according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." he turned and started climbing the stairs whistling.
"Good night lads." he called out to the guys who weren't paying any attention to him as they focused on the money in Ade's hand which was a more serious issue.
They shared the money and everyone pocketed his cut as they walked out of the exclusive building into the darkness of the compound. They entered the black camry and zoomed off through the gate. They have been waiting for the Boss all afternoon and now it was time for then to go into the street. It belonged to them... Especially as it was dark.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
Gr8!
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2013
Am going nowhere
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2013
It was 3am when Patrick woke up. He didn't know what had disrupted his peaceful rest but some how, some thing had awakened him. He sat up right on the high mouka foam, both elbows on his knee and his palms covered his face. Past events kept running fast through his mind as he struggled back into consciousness. He let out a loud hiss as he drowsily walked towards the bathroom. All the electric bulbs in the house were on.
"when did this foolish people bring this light?" he said to him self as he flushed the toilet after urinating. He shut the bathroom door and turned off the light as the sound of water kept running into the twyford shank behind him.

He sank into a chair as he looked at the two people who lay quietly on the bed. They were his best friends and his only family. Susan turned and kicked off the heavy leg which was on top hers. Benson also adjusted and after a period or groaning and kicking they disentangled and continued their sleep without waking up. Patrick watched them with fascination and smiled. How could two grown ups turn and kick yet won't wake up stil surprised him. He tilted he head backwards and stared at the white ceiling. He didn't feel like sleeping anymore. His mind sojourned to their previous day's ordeal. What will become of him and his two sibblings if things went wrong. The answer was scary enough to make him shut his eyes tight. "Things can't get wrong now." he managed to tell himself. So far, they have been doing well and why he was having this strange feeling he couldn't tell. The last thing he wanted was any harm coming to the two people he loved most in the world.

He tried in vain to prevent his mind from soaring into the events that had place those two into his care. Susan's parents had died one fateful friday in a fatal motor accident on their way to the village. She was only seven years old then. After the demise of her parents she was taken to live with her mother's half sister who happens to be the mother of both Patrick and Ben.
Not long after wards tragedy struck again. Patrick had just finished his semester examinations in his third year when their parents were shot by assassins or armed robbers, which ever they were he didn't know as the police never made any tangible success as to apprehending the killers. After much ado, it became the responsibility of Patrick to care for the troublesome two.

When it became apparent that no legal means could sustain the three of them, Patrick slowly delved in crime. Finally he had employed the services of his brother and Susan in the craft smuggling and drug peddling although in a low scale.

He walked towards a corner in the room and brought out a large box. He opened it with a secret code and check inside a brown khaki envelope. The documents he kept inside were intact. He gave a sign of relieve as he read through them. If things get any ugly then the content of the envelope will become useful. At least his plan B was still functional he thought within himself. A smile crept into his handsome face as he locked the box and pushed it back to a corner. He cast a quick glance on the sleeping duo and they were still sleeping.
"No harm will come to you" he said vehemently to them in their sleep. He looked at the watch in his wrist which he had forgotten to remove the previous night. It was 5:09am. He fell back on the chair am shifted his head backwards as he tried to grab what ever sleep was left.
Re: Remember Me by Neduzze5(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2013
Hmmmm.... Tragedy things abi you dey follow my footsteps

Ride on jare! I dey your back kampe!
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Neduzze5: Hmmmm.... Tragedy things abi you dey follow my footsteps

Ride on jare! I dey your back kampe!
It may not be purely tragedy though.
Re: Remember Me by femmyadje(m): 1:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
getting interesting. The last 2 to 3 posts have been totally error free.u just have to keep dat up.cant wait for more
Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
nice one
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
femmyadje: getting interesting. The last 2 to 3 posts have been totally error free.u just have to keep dat up.cant wait for more
Rily? Sounds nice
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
beyonDskygirl: nice one
Tnks Dear
Re: Remember Me by Olygal: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Getting interestin more updates pls
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:16am On Aug 09, 2013
The sun had risen early that morning. The rays had been directed on the sleeping Jake through the parted curtain. He turned on his bed and faced the shiny light directly. He dimmed his eyes as he got up from the king size bed and walked across the large spacious room towards the window. He dropped the curtain which he had left open the previous night. The deluxe room looked more like a five star hotel suite. He was still feeling weak and tired. He looked up at the large pendulum clock hanging at the wall. "8:29" he said with a sigh as he dragged his groggy feet into his bathroom to wash his face.

The previous day was really hectic for him. He had managed to stay awake through all the events. The house which for a long time never held up to eight persons was almost crowded as many family friends and relatives that couldn't wait till the next day to see Maxwell, had visited them. Some had slept in their house while others had gone to their respective houses pretty late into the night. Jake turned off the running tap and wiped his face with a towel. There was a knock on the door and before he could tell the caller to come in the door gave a groaning sound as it opened. Only one person could invade his room like that. It was Maxwell. Jake starred at him as he walked into the room with a plastic bag in his left hand.
"Good morning Max" Jake greeted falling into a chair well Maxwell sat across the table.
"How was ur night" Maxwell relied, stretching out the green plastic bag to Jake.
"The night was so short" Jake answered with a frown which gradually turned into a smile as he peeped into the bag and saw two small packages which he knew were goodies. How his brother was able to buy him things he actually needed surprised him. Inside the bag was a nixon digital camera and a nokia c6 phone. Since he lost his former phone his mother had refused to get him a phone but his big brother had given him one which was better than the previous one.
"Its a 25mega pixel" Maxwell said inserting the memory card into the camera.
"You sound like a sales promoter" Jake teased. Maxwell smiled and tapped his brother on the shoulder as he stood up from the table and walked towards the door.
"keep them well" he said as he shut the door after him.

Jake quickly pulled the pyjamas he wore and changed into a white short and a T-shirt. He held his new phone as he walked out of the room.
"good morning bro P" he greeted Peter as he walked past him towards the back of the building. Peter was his father's personal driver but was more like a son to the family than an employee. Jake quickly removed the clothes on the line where they were hanging. He had also forgotten to pack them in like his room's curtain. He was not expecting Morris until noon, as he walked back into the house an idea struck him and he smiled happily.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 5:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
[color=#770077][/color][center][/center][b][/b]hunqri 4 mre
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
Anabel had woken up three hours before Jake. She actually did not sleep through the night due to plethora of mosquitoes and the great discomfort of the chair which had served as her bed for the night. The night had slowly crawled away and Anabel accepted dawn with great relieve. She had slapped her self severally as she tried in vain to kill the tiny blood sucking mosquitoes, it was a rough and long night and she had accepted it willy nilly.

She stood up from the chair with a wodge of pain at the back of the neck. She wriggled her head and her neck let out a loud cracking sound. There was a banging inside her head like twelve goldsmiths were in a hurry to finish a job. She shut her eye lids tight for few seconds before she opened them as she walked towards the table. She opened the bag and brought out the contents. she sat back and watch her mother as she stil slept soundly. After few minutes she went to the side of the bed.
"mummy" she called as she tapped her mother gently. Her mother turned and opened her eyes faintly as she tried to recall were she was. Within seconds the message sent by motor neurone was interpreted by her brain. She was in the hospital she realized.
"Good morning ma" Anabel greeted her mother.
"How was your night?" the older lady replied in a shaky voice, trying to be the good mother she had always been."Where is chinelo?" she continued.
"she went home last night but she promised to come early this mornin." The door opened and a nurse came in. She held a file and her white was sparkling clean. After her examinations she brought out the blue pen from her breast pocket and jotted some thing down before she left the room.

Chinelo had kept to her words. She arrived at the hospital and had gone with Anabel to see the doctor in his office while. Anabel's mother freshened up.
"Her blood pressure was very high as at yesterday" he said with his hands spreading carelessly on his desk. "she is also showing symptoms of having a weak and failing heart" the two ladies shot themselves a serious gaze and instantly, burning tears appeared on Anabel's already bulging eyes.
"does that mean my mother 'll die?" she said with a gust of despair.
"No my dear, she won't. But if my guess is right, then she 'll undergo a surgery." the doctor explained trying to look calm in order not to frighten the already alarmed Anabel.
"but first she 'll go for a cardiac computerized tomography scan for a proper diagnosis." There was a knock on the door and the nurse who had examined Anabel's mother entered the office and dropped the file no the doctor's desk and left almost immediately.
The doctor scanned through the report while both Anabel and Chinelo remained silent hoping against all odds that it doesn't get to a surgery.
"She can go home today, but she stil have to come back in three days time. Mean while get these drugs from a pharmacy for her. We don't have them for now" he said without an expression on his face.

Few minutes later they were walking out of the hospital building. Anabel was holding the bag she had brought in the previous night as she walked towards Chinelo's car. Chinelo settled the hospital bills and met them waiting inside the car. What will become of her if it gets to a surgery, could they afford it? Or was her mother going to die? Anabel's thought kept leaping through her mind as they drove home. They won't discuss the doctor's information with her, at least not yet. Life is really shoddy she said in a whisper.
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
your story keeps getting better with every post.nice work.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2013
elyna: your story keeps getting better with every post.nice work.

Tnks ma'am...
Re: Remember Me by aprilwise(m): 6:54am On Aug 10, 2013
Dis is d best nd well constructed story ve ever read on NL.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:34am On Aug 10, 2013
april wise: Dis is d best nd well constructed story ve ever read on NL.
ma head dey swell... Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2013
Smhart1: Am going nowhere
Ma dear plz dont go... embarassed
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2013
Gettin interesting... Keep d good job comin
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
Update la
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
...In comin...
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
I must follow to the end
Re: Remember Me by Neduzze5(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
april wise: Dis is d best nd well constructed story ve ever read on NL.

That's for you. But for me, I don't understand the storyline yet.

*legs and eyes crossed*

grin
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 3:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
Neduzze5:

That's for you. But for me, I don't understand the storyline yet.

*legs and eyes crossed*

grin
I tot u said it was tragedy? Well u soon 'll... I just wish i was faster.
Re: Remember Me by breadplanet(f): 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Really interesting.. Following.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Maxwell sat opposite his father on the couch. The television set was on but emitted little or no sound which was almost a whisper. It was a saturday and his father was had not gone to the office. Even if it had been a monday morning, he wouldn't have gone either because his son had returned home after three years and he deemed it fit to spend some time with him. That was the advantage of being an entrepreneur and a very successful one at that.
"when do you intend we go and see her parents?" the older man asked.
" I don't know specifically for now " Maxwell replied.
"she looks responsible enough to me." He adjusted on his seat with his legs stretched out. "Just make sure she is the kind of woman you want. I never married two wives neither did I divorce your mother so no son of mine is expected or allowed to do that." Maxwell didn't reply his father. He just shot a glance at the older man which was a sign that he clearly understood him. Maxwell picked up the DSTV remote from the table and punched "401," immediately the station changed to CNN which they both watch with keen interest.
"Good afternoon sir " Morris greeted as he entered the large parlour.
"How are you?" the older man replied in his usual croaky voice.
"Am fine sir." Morris replied as he turned towards Maxwell as if he was noticing his presence for the first time. "BM!" he shouted, clapping Maxwell's open palm. BM was short for Big Max. That was how Maxwell referred to himself.
"How are you doing Morris" Maxwell asked stil holding his Morris' palm in his.
"Am good, hope you stil have my own goodies? " Morris replied with a greedy gaze.
"sure man,"Maxwell said releasing his hand. Morris darted towards the stairs. He knew Jake was in his room and with the audacity of a family member he climbed the stairs and headed straight for Jake's room.

Jake was lying on his bed. He held a book on his hand. The door flung open and Morris walked in. Jake turned to see the mannerless intruder. "when will you learn to be civilized" Jake demanded. Morris did not reply as dawdled into the room. He fell on the bed with a thud and sprawled on it like he owned the place.
"BM is looking pretty big. Only God knows what he has been eating lately."Morris said to.
"let's step out" Jake suggested as he rose from the bed.
"Where to?" Morris asked with all curiosity.
"The inquisitive monkey got a bullet on it forehead" Jake said as he quickly changed into a blue jean trouser and a white T-shirt. Morris had no choice than to follow his friend, as the saying goes "time 'll tell." they both moved out of the compound and strolled toward the main junction where the will get a taxi or motorcycle. As they walked, Morris dangled from one story to another while Jake his mind on the person they were going to see.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Morkavictor: 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
Thanks 4 d update.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
I'm rily sowi i avn't updated since mornin, its bin a long sunday but am workin smtin... Hope u all had a wonderful tym?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story / The Consequences of Rape - By Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.