Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Remember Me - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24486 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
Inspector Gabriel sat in the office of police commissioner. They both had a long lasting relationship owning to numerous legal and illegal deals they had done together in the past.
Despite the uniforms they wore, they never thought it wise to do the right thing. The only meaning of "Justice" to them was achieving what they needed at any body's peril.

Few years ago Gabriel had entered the force as a corporal, although a graduate.

He had always been a dubious fellow who was always in need of quick cash no matter the means it was coming from. His boss who had turned down an offer from Michael had been shot dead few days later by assassins, however the investigation which was handled by Gabriel yielded nothing meaningful besides that his boss was killed by armed robbers who made away with an undisclosed amount of money.

Michael had been faithful to his words as he staged a meeting for Gabriel and some top officers who with their offices made Gabriel an inspector even when he was years away from being one.

Gabriel had ever remained loyal to Michael and in Patrick's case his loyalty won't dwindle.

"have you charged him yet?" The Commissioner asked.

"Yeah, for illegal possession of fire arm and robbery" he replied.

"when?" the Commissioner asked, his eyes still fixed on the news paper on his hands.

"I called it in this morning, Okoro should be with the paper works by now." Gabriel replied stealing a quick glance at his watch to confirm he his estimated time of arrival was correct.

"Very well then. So when is the hearing commencing?"

"Am not certain for now but at most a week. Every thing is in place any way."
Gabriel said with a relaxed smile.

"That ok for now." the commissioner said.

The inspector picked his cell phones from the table as he stood up to leave. He shook hands with the commissioner and left the office satisfied.
Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
dis update short wo
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
gandyluv: dis update short wo
eya... Ok lemme see if i can do smtin 2nyt.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Benson checked around the room to make sure he was forgetting nothing. They won't be coming to the house anytime soon. He certainly had no other option than leave the house with his sister for safety.

They packed their clothes into a big bag and left other things as they were. Susan stood in front of the enlarged picture of what used to be a happy family before death and misfortune took its toll. She removed the picture from the wall and placed it inside the bag containing their things.

They were going to stay some where down town with a friend of Benson until they hear from Patrick. If indeed he was sold out, they were on longer safe moving around their former neighbourhood.

Benson picked up his base ball cap from the chair and placed it firmly on his head. Susan wore a blue jean jacket of her white top and carried a small hand bag while the big bag rested on Benson's shoulders.

The walked slowly along the street without speaking to each other until they boarded a taxi and gave their coordinates to the driver.

"I guess Pato 'll be taken to court from the look of things" Benson said.

"why do you think so" Susan asked with surprise and pain written boldly on her face.

"well i don't know." he replied. They both remained silent as their mind soared through their predicament until they got to their destination.

Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 12:03pm On Aug 31, 2013
ride on jor...
Re: Remember Me by faithgokz(f): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
dear, diz update iz kinda short o
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
beyonDskygirl: ride on jor...
Lolz... I'll jare
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
faithgokz: dear, diz update iz kinda short o
Abi? Saturdays are rily tight 4 mi nor vex ma'am ...
Re: Remember Me by wonderfulson: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
This is a very nice write -up. Keep it up ,good for a start.
Re: Remember Me by underage(f): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Good write up. Though there are a few errors which u need to correct. More ink to ur pen.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:09am On Sep 01, 2013
wonderful son: This is a very nice write -up. Keep it up ,good for a start.
tnks man...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:13am On Sep 01, 2013
underage: Good write up. Though there are a few errors which u need to correct. More ink to ur pen.
Definitely der 'll be errors at least 4 now. I rily 'll be gr8ful if u pick 'em out so i can correct dem. Tnks for reading 2ru...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
The compound of the abandoned ware house was deserted as usual. The place which was constantly busy some two decades ago had become more a botanical garden with grasses of different species growing untamedly on the empty land, the place certainly housed millions of rodents and reptiles.

Ade left the engine of the Rx330 Lexus jeep running while he stood outside the car pressing his phone. His eyes searched through the large building which once housed milions of frozen sea creatures until the company was heavily taxed by both the government and the local people which led to their evacuation.

The sign post, although tilted and the characters faded read "Macos sea food."

South of the compound was a large personal dock where most of the ships bringing goods for the company anchored. Some empty containers lay around the place with corrosion playing it roles on them which made it difficult to detect their colours.

His collegues were still sitting inside the car chatting and waiting patiently.

"Hello sir, we are in place but yet to see Vikto's men." he said over the phone. He paused and listened to who he was talking to.

"Yeah we are all good, ok sir." he hung the call and placed the phone back in his trouser pocket as he opened the door and entered the the car to join his friends.

Few minutes later truck like car sped into the compound towards their position. Ade couldn't decipher the make of the car but he knew it had to be Japanese made. It was certainly Japanese.

"I guess they are here, brace up guys" Ade said tucking his 9mm automatic pistol into the back of his trouser.

The three of them stood out of the vehicle and Blacky walked towards the trunk of the car.

About than six men alighted from the car while two of them approached the Jeep. Ade walked forward and leaned on the hood of the jeep while Blacky stood beside him with the brief case.

"Hope you have the dough?" A huge fellow with deep voice asked.

"you have the stuff?" Ade inquired.

One of the guys open a bag which contained assorted jewelleries, mostly diamond sealed in transparent nylon bags.

"And the money" the huge fellow who apparently was their leader asked again.

Ade nodded at Blacky and he understood the signal. He opened the case and revealed the neatly arranged mint.

He advanced forward to meet his counterpart half way so they can make the exchange. Blacky was few feet from the guy when a sharp pain brought him to the ground.

A bullet had found it mark through his left shoulder. The shooter had certainly missed the heart. It was a calculated plan for Vikto's man to get both their "stuff" and the money.

Adrenalin pumped faster into Ade's heart. He ducked behind the front left door of the jeep and pulled out his pistol. His first two shots were precise and accurate as two guys from Vikto's group went down .

Blacky managed to crawl towards his companions with the brief case in his good hand. He was almost at the car when an other shot brought down the case from his grip.

"Blacky are Yu ok!" Ade screamed amidst the the loud shots being fired. Glass shattered and was accompanied by shout of excruciating pain. Ade never retreat in a fight but he knew he was out numbered and his friend was already down.

Sam assisted Blacky into the back seat of the car. He was bleeding profusely from the injury on his arm. Sam attempted to retrieve the case which was at the front of the car.

Sam fired aimlessly at the assailants but his shot only got the wind shied of the car.

"Where is Blacky" Ade yelled again from his spot behind the driver door.

"He is in, but am yet to pick the case." Sam replied. Ade removed the clip from the pistol. He was almost out of bullet. He hadn't expected things to go down this way otherwise he would have come with extral cartridges perhaps bigger guns.

"Am almost empty, just stay put ok? When I Say go, You go, ok?" Ade took a precise aim like a SWAT snipper, he couldn't get anyone from his position but making them immobile would buy him and his friend enough time to move out.

His second shot brought the front left tyre of the car down. Ade sat behind the wheel and shifted the gear to "Drive" The car jolted forward.

"When i cover you, get the case and jump in" he said to Sam who wasn't showing any sign of fear.

"I get that." he replied, all his attention fixed on the case as he waited for Ade's signal.

Vikto's men were taken aback with the swiftness of things. The car had lunge forward in a scary fashion and before they could unravel the plan Sam was already in the jeep.

Ade's right hand held the wheel firmly while left held out his pistol. As he sped past his assailants, he fired some shot at them. He wasn't sure if his last shot had hit any one but was sure they couldn't be coming after him with two punctured tyres.
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
smiley

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Intreresting,weldone sir
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:07pm On Sep 02, 2013
Smhart1: Intreresting,weldone sir
Tnks...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
Sam sat across his friend as Ade sped through the lonely road. There were large patches of red on the once black leather seat.

Blacky struggled each breath with clinched teeth as the opening in his shoulder was a passage through which his life was ebbing out. Sam had removed his shirt and compressed the wound with it but the pressure was not controlled.

"He needs medication." Sam said to Ade who was showing no interest of going to the hospital. The jeep sped on while the driver punched his phone.

"We were crossed sir" Ade said. "yeah, Blacky was hit and I guess its pretty bad." he slowed his speed and looked through the rear mirror as if to confirm his comment. " Please get the doctor ready immediately sir." He dropped the phone carelessly on the front passenger seat and stepped down on the throttle.

"We are losing him man, you av to get him to the hospital bone!" Sam yelled but Ade remained adamant.

"We can't go to any hospital and you know it." Ade replied at last.

"So what do we do?" Sam asked with tears in his eyes and hands covered with blood, the blood of the person who had been more a brother than a friend to him.

Blacky struggled to say something. He closed his eyes tight and placed his hand on Sam's shoulder. Anguish and excruciating pain was glaringly displayed on his face as life slowly ebbed out from his muscular tattooed body.

They all knew the rules, he couldn't possibly seek medication from any hospital because it was a bullet wound. It will raise suspicions and their boss wouldn't tolerates such recalcitrancy. Sam had watched people die, most of them had died from his hands but Blacky was different. They had a past together. Tears trickled down his eyes, a volume of tears which he never knew existed in his eyes.

Ade remained quiet through the journey home. He tried hard to contain his anger and fury. He struck the steering wheel with all energy his thick arm could muster over a thousand times as he drove on.

He was losing a good friend. One of the few people he trusted and he couldn't safe him. Not because he was wicked but there was nothing he could do.

Ade blasted the horn at the gate of large compound. The gate keeper rushed to open and Ade zoomed into the compound.

Sam stepped out of the car before it finally stopped rolling. His cloths had patches of blood. He wiped his hands on his trouser and attempted to help his friend out of the car.

"We are there, Blacky, I guess the doctor is going to fix you up." Sam said softly to his friend but he was motionless and didn't make a sound.

"Blacky!" Sam called out searching in vain for a pulse .

"He's gone Sam and there is nothing we can do now." Ade said pulling Sam away from the lifeless body of his friend.

"Damn yu Vikto!" Sam cupped under his breath. He sat at the floor as tears ran down his cheek uncontrollably.
Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
bravo
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 12:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Oh my... This is lovely. So captivating and well written.

Its like reading four stories in one, yet they are all heading towards the same dirrection. Thats the kind of stuff i like writing and reading.

U are good, with a strong power of imagination.

Cant complain about the errors because i know u will edit d work.

However, why was anabel"s female classmates laughing at her at d begining of the story just before jake approached her? Or did i miss something? If not, i think u left me hanging there.

Thanx for the great read.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Wow... Sir Frank tnks 4 d compliments. As 4 dat omission, I guess i'll fyn a way 2 fuss dat piece of information in as d work continues.
Tnks man...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
In anorda news, I've gotten a new job dis morning. I hope it gives ample tym 2 update. tongue
luv ya all...
Re: Remember Me by babyzai(f): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Congrats on d new job bt dnt let dat disturb d flow of dis work of urs. Ure doing a 3daful job
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
babyzai: Congrats on d new job bt dnt let dat disturb d flow of dis work of urs. Ure doing a 3daful job
Tnks ma'am. I 'll do wat i can....
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jake knocked on the door leading to his brother's room softly before turning the door knob. The knocking was a mare formality as he was already inside the room before permissions were given to him to enter.

"come ... Maxwell paused and looked up to see who it was. "in" he managed to complete his statement, staring at his brother.

"So you can't wait to be asked to come in before opening the door" Maxwell asked with a strange expression on his face.

"Am a fast learner, I learnt that from you Max." Jake replied waddling into the large, well polished room. He sat on the bed and looked at his brother.

Maxwell was arranging his things for his journey to see his parents in -law to be. He folded some clothes which they had bought mostly from Anabel's mom neatly into a case.

"Is daddy going with you?" Jake asked perusing through Maxwell 's phone which was on the bed.

"Nope he isn't but Fred 'll. young man, mind you charge that phone when you are done."

"You mean Fredo is in town?" Jake asked surprised to hear that his brother's best friend was in town but yet to come over too the house. Like himself and Morris, Fred and Maxwell had been life long friends.
"yeah he called Me yesterday and he sent his regards anyway."

"But you never mentioned it before now?"

"I guess I forgot young man." Maxwell replied.

"Forgetting is more a profession than a hobby lately Max" Jake countered his brothers defence which caused a loud roar laughter from he duo.

"So when are you coming back?" Jake asked. His focus stil no the phone in his hand.

"No idea, but certainly won't stay there more than necessary." Maxwell replied raising the case containing his thing to the bed.

"Ok, do have a nice time and get some thing for me." he dropped the phone on the bed and stood up to leave the room.
He place both hands into the pocket of his multi coloured pyjamas and walked towards the door. His brother was only home for few days and was travelling again.

"My young man!" Maxwell called after him.

"yes" he turned swiftly to know what was the matter.

"Go and plug that phone in a wall socket." Maxwell said with a funny frown

"You look constipated Max." Jake said walking back to pick the samsung galaxy on the bed. Laughing as he left the room.

Anabel lay on her room with a novel in her hands. She had dinner with her mom few hours earlier and both said good night.

The room was illuminated by a reading lamp which her mother had apparently used in her school days. The tale behind the ancient fashioned electric lamp had always amused her more than the funny shape of object it self.

She tried to focus on the book she was reading but her mind constantly wandered away.

She was a fast reader but not when her mind wasn't any where around her. She traced the letters on the book with her index finger to maintain consciousness but yielded nothing meaningful.

189 still? She almost screamed as she looked at the page number for the fourth time.

She pushed the book under her pillow and turned off the lamp. She drew the sheet up to her chest anticipating for nature to play its role. Her thoughts finally scanned through the day's event. She was glad to see Jake.

He was from a rich home and she was certain yet so nice and kind. He was a contrast to those arrogant girls in their class she thought. The image on his face with his usual charming smile leaped into her mind and she was pervaded with joy and she smiled. The smile remained on her face as she slowly crept into oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 9:23am On Sep 06, 2013
kudos
Re: Remember Me by frank317: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
Ok, still keepin my fingers crossed.
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 07, 2013
Great and Congrats on the job. smiley
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
gandyluv: kudos
I see u... shocked
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
frank3.16:
Ok, still keepin my fingers crossed.
copy dat sir
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
sandyylove: Great and Congrats on the job. smiley

tnks ma'am
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Patrick woke up with a sharp pain in his lower abdomen. The objectionable odour of the cell found a way into his nostrils and he was tempted to spit, vomit was more like the best option but he possibly couldn't throw up anything when is stomach was apparently empty.

He stood up from the floor and walked to the wrough steel protector which confined him and other inmates like animals in zoo. He wanted the fresh morning air blowing through the passage could get down his lungs since food was forbidden in their cage.

His siblings probably didn't know he was there and he only wished they were safe where ever they were. As he remembered the days he had spent with them, the days they had little or nothing to eat and the days the had plenty he felt a sharp pain in his heart.

The pain slowly melted away as the thought of being free some day to reunite with them made him smile and forget about the excruciating hunger tearing him apart.

Few minutes later, other inmates started waking up with series of prolong yawning and exchange of mouth odour that was far from pleasant. It was another day for them to starve while some expecting their friends or relatives to come and bail them, others like Patrick remained hopeless, waiting for what ever fate had in store for them.

The time was few minutes past Ten when an officer walked towards the cell.

"Patrick!" he yelled, tossing a bunch of key from his right to left hand in a dopey fashion.

Patrick didn't not reply, he took few steps away from the gate and gave the officer a stare which said "Am Patrick and so what?"
"you are Patrick right? " the officer asked pointing towards him.
Patrick nodded. The officer opened the gate with a long key.

They both walked into an office which looked like interrogation office. There was a lady in white long sleeves and black trouser sitting on a chair. Her gaze and interest was fixed on the magazine she was holding.

She adjusted her glasses as she stole a quick glance at intruders who had entered the room.

"Here he is ma'am" the officer said.

"That's ok Officer." the man replied waving his hand towards the officer dismissing him that he wished to be alone with her client.

Patrick maintained his distance from the table. He wore only his brief and a white inner shirt which was at the verge of being called brown or perhaps black.

"Sit down young man" she said in a lovely voice but her tone sounded more like an order.

Patrick obliged. He drew the chair a bit backward to prevent his pungent smell of sweat from days without bath and mouth wash from hitting the beautiful lady across the table. He had an ill grown beard and had shed enough weight which was obvious to anyone who knew him before his detention.

"Am Barrister Doris and I'll be presenting you in Court." the lady said with a warm smile.
Re: Remember Me by veave(f): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
hmmmn... i like... keep it up me dear...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame When A Child Has Sex Without Proper Knowledge - Live Debate / My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.