Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Remember Me - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24510 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
Morkavictor: Thanks 4 d update.
U are most welcom sir...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Anabel sat on a seat opposite her sleeping mother. She had arranged the house and prepared food which they both ate. Aunty Chinelo had promised to check back by evening. She was virtually alone as her mother was fast asleep.

Jake and Morris walked into the compound which had three flats. Jake had knowledge of the compound were she lives but not the particular house so they had no alternative but to knock at one of the doors and ask questions.
"Who is there?" Anabel asked as she walked towards the door to know who was knocking.
"Please we are looking for Anabel" Morris relied. Anabel doubled her pace on hearing her name.
"O my God!" she said as she peered through the curtain and saw both Morris and Jake standing like gendarmes.
"We are on a visiting spree" Morris quickly chipped in before she could ask what they were doing in her house.
"You are very welcome. Well ehm... My mom ain't feeling too well so we can't go inside" she explained as she dragged a bench to a corner of the large passage for them to sit.
"We slept in the hospital last night and only came back this morning." she continued.
"hope its not very serious" Jake asked with concern written boldly on his face. "No, she is getting better." Anabel replied, trying hard to believe she was right when she actually heard the doctor saying her mother may under go a surgical operation.
"My brother is back" Jake said referring to Anabel as he passed a plastic bag to her. She smiled and thanked him as she peeped inside the bag containing different types chocolates. Jake noticed the red bulging eyes of the pretty Anabel who his innocent mind was waxing feelings for.
"can I offer you anything?" Anabel asked.
"No am fine." Jake replied. "I can use a glass of water." Morris said before his friend could finish objecting the girl's offer. As Anabel left to get the water Jake and Morris flashed each other a quick gaze.
"She looks so exhausted" Morris noted.
"Yeah, she ain't looking strong." Jake concurred, wishing he could salvage the situation.
"Here you are, nut head" Anabel said, stretching a glass of water to Morris who accepted it with a smile.

As they discussed, minutes drifted into hours and soon Jake announced that they were about to leave. A cloud of loneliness suddenly engulfed her. She was an only child and had learnt to live alone but things were certainly changing.
"so soon?" she asked with a frown.
"yeah, sorry we couldn't stay longer" Jake replied.
"Very well them, let me walk you guys down the road." Anabel closed the door and motioned her visitors that she was done. As they walked, Morris kept on talking and they all laughed all the way to the main junction. Good times fly quickly while agonizing ones last forever. They stopped a taxi which would convey both of them home. As Jake left her side he opened his left palm which she placed her right hand on. What had triggered that action they both could not tell.
"Good bye." he said gently, looking straight into her eyes. He joined Morris who was already seated in taxi and the driver zoomed off. Celine Dion was right, "Goodbye is really the saddest word one could ever hear." It breaks the hardest heart and the fragile heart of Anabel was no exemption.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Ghozye(f): 11:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
Neduzze5:

That's for you. But for me, I don't understand the storyline yet.

*legs and eyes crossed*

grin
U r nt alone hia bro.

@Wesslier,ur write up z rlly superb n almost flawless.Ur descriptn n all z so on pt...bt wat z d story all abt
Re: Remember Me by Dynssy: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2013
This narrative is agrueably the best Ive seen in my scan of this forum . You weave up a tale just like a pro, keep it up!!!

For those who aint following yet, its called 'suspense' in literature. Its a necessary ingredient that every great story must have. I'm sure you understand perfectly what he's saying, it just leaves lots of questions on your mind as regards what happened afterwards, and how all the sub-plots are related. These questions are what keep you coming back here. If he tells u all of it, I bet u all will abandon this thread. My advice is, fasten your seat-belt and let the pilot do the navigation. I can assure you that you're in competent hands.

Ehm...... Well done once again.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:57am On Aug 12, 2013
Tnks for all d comments, I rily appreciate 'em. Also d secret readers, I'm 2ruly grateful.

@Ma gud frnds who are yet to get d theme of ma story, its abt Love and Crime... Datz all i can say 4 nw besides cravin u to kip followin... Luv ya all.
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 12, 2013
U r doin justice to ds story.. Weldne
Re: Remember Me by milkydoll(f): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2013
Nice 1
Re: Remember Me by Sheybor(f): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gud wrk...bt pls can u update more often.am rilly enjoyin it*
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
Candis009: U r doin justice to ds story.. Weldne
Hey dear I tot u fell of cuz of d boring nature of ma story. Lolz...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
milky doll: Nice 1
Tnks...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Sheybor: Gud wrk...bt pls can u update more often.am rilly enjoyin it*
Am rily workin on that.....
Re: Remember Me by Phatkemi: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nice story. Mwah! But ur updates are to short nahsad
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
Time flew faster than the Moniker Ares 1 rocket heading for the moon. It was the last day of the term's examination and the students had assembled in the hall for the morning assembly which apparently would be the last. Being the last day of examinations, no late comers were held. The day had begun well for Anabel. Her mother than gone to the market where her fabric shop was.

After the normal morning roll call the teacher had announced the names of the students who had paid the excursion fee.
"Adele Anabel, Agu Godspower and John Awo... Awolabi. You are yet to pay for the excursion." the form master stated.
"we 'll pay o" some one said from the back of the class with a deep voice. It was John. He was apparently the oldest in the class. Despite his garrulous tendencies was one of the most intelligent students in school. He once received pardon from the strigent principal when he fought with a senior student.

Anabel did not have any hope of paying the money. She couldn't ask her mother for the five thousand, at least not with her present health condition. After the last paper, Jake walked up to her and stood beside her.
"Here you are." he said sliding something into her hand.
"What's it for ?" she asked looking at the naira notes in her hand.
"Use it for the excursion" Jake replied.
"I can't take" Anabel objected.
"Well it came from Max, my big brother. I told him a friend needed it so i insist you have it." Without another word he left the marvelled Anabel to join a group of guys discussing out side. Their discussion couldn't be out of the realm of sports, certainty football.

Anabel was surprised. Things where going well for her now. Maybe her mother would not undergo the surgery. Who knows? She thought as she walked out of the class in search of Mr. Vincent, the form master with the money in her hand.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
'll update lata 2day. Dats wen i get home... Tnks pals
Re: Remember Me by milkydoll(f): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
Wow jack is a real nyc guy,patiently waiting 4 ur update
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
Patrick sat down in the porch in front of the house drawing imaginary figures on the ground with a stick. The troublesome two had gone out for an evening stroll and he was alone. As he sat starring on the ground his mind soared to the past, present and future. The early evening was breezy and cold, he wore a white Lux singlet and a black jean trouser.
"You mustn't keep friends" those were the words of Felix, his "instructor" when he as initially recruited as a pawn. Then he was not allowed on deals beyond state boarder but after the demise of Felix, he became an independent broker.

After some stressful time without a new partner, he recruited Benson and subsequently, susan became useful in most of their deals.
"Good evening bros." some greeted.
"Good evening." Patrick responded, raising his head to see the person who had greeted him. Patrick still nursed a strong feeling that something might be wrong. Tomorrow 'll go alone he thought within himself. If anything goes wrong he was sure he could handle it better without having either Ben or Susan to look out for. He strolled into the house and took out a plain sheet of paper and a pen and wrote something down. He folded the paper neatly and placed it inside the breast pocket of the well ironed shirt Benson was going to wear the next day. He wore a shirt over the singlet and locked the door behind him. He brought out his phone from his trouser pocket as he walked. He scrolled through his contact and dialed a number.
"Every thing is in place sir, No need for a neutral location. 'll be coming alone." Without waiting for a response, he pressed the end key and with a beep the call disconnected. He stepped into the street with no particular destination in mind. The future was bleak and unknown but seemed promising.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 2:01am On Aug 13, 2013
Uhmm m enjoyinq dz story of urz.Thumbs up
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2013
Eni~girl:
Uhmm m enjoyinq dz story of urz.Thumbs up
Tnks ma'am...
Re: Remember Me by glo3nity: 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Thou I never fancy nets reading but this very one 'REMEMBER ME' is quite fascinating, interesting and captivating. Cant Resist. Xpecting more and more pls...!!!
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
glo3nity: Thou I never fancy nets reading but this very one 'REMEMBER ME' is quite fascinating, interesting and captivating. Cant Resist. Xpecting more and more pls...!!!
Eya, der are so mny works online dat urily wud luv 2 read. Just book mark d literature and writin session and u won't regret u did lolz...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2013
Error spotted and corrected...
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
I know this is heading to somewhere great
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:39am On Aug 15, 2013
Smtin unusual happened and i stil don't undastnd. A post was hidden and i was banned 4 a day. I'll try postin it again.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2013
Patrick hurried through the street and headed for the point of rendervous. The sun was mild and the afternoon was some what airy. As he moved, he tried hard to maintain his focus. The deal was risky as he was dealing with chamberline alone for the first time, he actually did not trust him, but in this business you don't have to trust anyone. He had accepted the deal because of the superfluous amount. He had allowed his mind to roam through different things to ease the tension brewing within him.

"PALM GROOVE PLACE." the sign post read. He walked in and moved towards the bush bar. He wore a multi coloured shirt and a black jean with a pair of black sneakers. He had a Gaoba back bag on his back like a student. As he made to sit on a chair he looked around the place scrupulously like a CIA agent. He dropped the bag he was carrying on the foot of the table and ordered for a bottle of snapp as he waited patiently for the exchange.

He look around him again as if he was expecting some thing irregular but things seemed normal. Three guys sat across the pool under thatch hut. They discussed carelessly as they drank from a bottle of wine. They paid no attention to him and he cared less about them.

One thing Patrick had learnt from his past deals was to be patient. A black Honda slowly drove into the compound. He was uncertain if it was his man. He brought out his phone and made a call.
"Are you in the compound?" Patrick asked. "Am seating at the bush bar, west of the pool" he concluded as he dropped the call. A man walked towards him. He wore a finely tailored suit. He stood across the table. "you are a bit late chamberline" Patrick said offering his hand for a shake as he stood up. The other man took it, smiled and shut his left eyelid.
"You are very punctual Patrick ?" he said and they both laughed. They sat down and within minutes the exchange was done. Patrick allowed the man to leave first before he stood up drank the last few drops of his drink and left the compound. The bag he was holding contained three hundred thousand dollars. That was the highest deal.

He held the bag casually to avoid suspicions. He imagined how the troublesome two would react when he breaks the news to them. They were super rich he thought and a smile crept into his lips. The screeching of a car brought him back to reality. Before the car could clear off the road properly, three men were already out. They weren't in uniform but some how Patrick new who they were. The one who appeared to be the superior officer walked towards the alarmed Patrick. He flashed an ID and Patrick knew it was up. The deal had gone awry. Some one had sold him out.
"That bastard son of a bitch" he cursed under his breath, referring to chamberline as he was forced into the waiting car. He had made his greatest mistake as a result of his greed and he definitely would pay for it. He should have listened to his instinct but it was too late. His only wish was for Benson to get his message and follow his instructions.......

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by beyonDskygirl(f): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2013
next updates please i can't wait any longer... wink
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:49am On Aug 16, 2013
beyonDskygirl: next updates please i can't wait any longer... wink
I'm evn gettin sick masef. If i post it gets hidden and i am banned for 24hrs.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2013
D gud hearted moderator has solved d problem. 'll be updatin lata 2day.... Tnks pals
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
That morning, the large school bus which was rarely seen was parked in the school compound. The inscription on both sides of the bus read "CREATIVE DEMONSTRATION GROUP OF SCHOOLS." The students had turned up early, even those whose names graced the "Late comers book" were punctual. Other buses slowly drove in and within minutes each class was assigned a bus and with their different form teachers, they were bound for their respective excursion venue.

Jake sat close to the window, two rows behind the driver seat. His class was using the large bus. His camera was on his bag which lay on his lap. His phone was in his pocket with the loud speakers of the earpiece well stuck to both ears. Anabel sat next to him while Morris was at his back. He kept nodding to the rhythm of the song playing in his ears without saying anything to the girl beside him. After few minutes Anabel broke their silence.
"I know you ain't dumb so talk." she said turning to face him.
"you said something" Jake said. His response was more like a question than an answer. He removed both loud speakers from his ears.
"No, i said nothing " Anabel replied with a pseudo frown. Jake did not press it again. He slowly placed one of the speakers to her left ear and the other to his right ear and she smiled. They listened quitely to the music as the other students kept chatting with some even shouting at the top of their voice.

The excursion would have been a complex fiasco for Anabel if not for Jake who some how was the only person she could easily talk to. He was more like a "host" throughout the entire time. Even the period in the museum she maintained being at his side.The students were later ushered to a shade were they bought things to eat. Morris occupied him self with Jake's camera as he kept snapping any body who was ready for a shot. and after few minutes they were back in the bus for the forty - five minutes drive back to the school.
"you really should learn to mingle with others." Jake said to Anabel as they drove back to the school.
"Yeah, I 'll just that I grew up to as an only child." she replied.
"Then you should spend some time with that lousy creature called Morris, he definitely 'll teach you how to ." They both laughed at his remark about his friend.
"you know my dad died when I was younger" she said softly. Jake adjusted on the seat to give her more room to continue her story. He was really interested and won't let his emotions prevent him from hearing it now.
"So what happened" Jake asked when it seemed she wasn't talking again. She looked at him with a smile.
"He was sick for a while." she paused as if to allow her listener absorb her gist. "After his death, his family claimed most properties because of the absence of a male child and since then i've been leaving alone with my mom." she concluded. Jake couldn't say a word. He did not even know what to say so he kept mute without an expression on his face.

Anabel had recalled her father's demise but some how she was not feeling so bad this time, how it had happened she could not explain. Maybe she was growing up, she thought. The bus entered the compound, other buses were there and some others were yet to return. It had been a nice day for Anabel and Jake had made it so. The next time they were going to see would be on vacation day. Most students who had not been promoted would weep and some would be happy. The thought of the holiday occupied Jake's mind. Some how he was going to miss school but definitely he would miss Anabel.

2 Likes

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 10:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
Am rily sowi 4 d delay. The ban rily affected mi but guess we are bak... Tnks
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 7:36am On Aug 18, 2013
Nyc1
Re: Remember Me by Morkavictor: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2013
Thanks man.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
'll drop it lata palz... Am outta town...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story / The Consequences of Rape - By Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.