Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,058 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Remember Me - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Remember Me (24489 Views)

Remember Me / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
The room was illuminated by an electric bulb. Benson sat on the chair while Susan sprawled on the hard floor, her head rested on a soft pillow. Benson kept pressing his phone and the automated response kept compounding his anger. He dialed the number again and raised the phone to his ear. "The number you have dialled is..." before the response was completed he pressed hard on the red button of his phone and the call terminated.
" Anything on bro P" Susan asked from her position. She rolled over her stomach to have a better view of Benson. Benson let out a soft hiss and shook his head slowly. Confusion was written clearly on his face. All knew was Patrick was meeting an old friend and he wasn't going out for long.
"The damn thing should just allow me hear from him." Benson said almost like a school boy who had misplace his lunch box.
"Maybe its network problem." Susan said trying to suppress the laughter in her throat which had been triggered by the funny expression on Benson's serious face.

Benson looked up at the large wall clock. The time was 8:09pm.
"I guess i'm hungry" he said yawning as he stood up to pick his shirt which was on the hanger.
"I am also hungry myself " Susan replied. She stood up swiftly and dusted the blue jean trouser she was wearing. She dragged her blouse down to cover her waist and ran her fingers through her unmade hair. Despite the fact that her hair was unmade she looked exceptionally beautiful.

Benson walked across and picked the shirt, he wore it over the white inner shirt he had been wearing since morning. As he buttoned the shirt he felt something in the breast pocket. He deeped his index and middle finger into the pocket and brought out the content. It was a neatly folded piece of paper, he opened it and read through the lines quickly. He identified the hand writing to be Patrick's and he became alarmed.
"whats wrong with you?" Susan asked Benson whose gaze was glued to the paper in his hand. He slowly passed the paper to Susan who read it out aloud. "1776, CONTENT BROWN PACK."
"Whats the meaning of this " she asked.
" I don't know. But i guess something is wrong." Benson replied calmly. He tried to remember what the code was for, certainly it was not for a phone. What could it be he asked him self. His brain was unusually slow, maybe it was a product of hunger or the tension he was trying to curtail.
"I don't understand any of these, Bro P is not reachable, you ain't saying anything and now this strange... em letter. I really don'to get it" Susan complained, looking so worried like a mother whose children had been drenched by a september rain on their way back from school.
"No you won't" Benson said as he lunged towards the corner of the room for the big black box.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Morkavictor: Thanks man.
u welcom bro...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
Eni~girl:
Nyc1
I see u dearie tongue
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
Update mre oh
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
Eni~girl:
Update mre oh
I dey villa o... Tryin 2 stretch out ma weary bones... Lets see wat i can do 2 nyt
Re: Remember Me by LuluSparklez(f): 8:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
quite interesting...waiting for the next update
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
Lulu_Sparklez: quite interesting...waiting for the next update
tnks...
Re: Remember Me by Dynssy: 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
wink grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2013
I love this story....nice one

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
abeg kum update
Re: Remember Me by olekubaby: 3:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
So good, i mean really good vying into great am very sure it will by the time you conclude the story.

The way you decribe n paint the scenerios puts the readers in the story ;;;as in ,am made to feel every emotions expressed.
great job wesslier i really appreciate you.
the quality of stories i have been reading in this section ''''''in one word''''' SUPERB grin grin grin.
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
Me likey
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
gandyluv: abeg kum update
Update en route...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
Taylor184: I love this story....nice one
tnks man...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
oleku baby: So good, i mean really good vying into great am very sure it will by the time you conclude the story.

The way you decribe n paint the scenerios puts the readers in the story ;;;as in ,am made to feel every emoyions expressed.
great job wesslier i really appreciate you.
the quality of stories i have been reading in this section ''''''in one word''''' SUPERB grin grin grin.
hmmm i reserve ma appreciationssss...
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Michael sat on a sofa in his large parlour. The room was chilly as usual and his large cuban cigarette lay lit on the an expensive clay ashtray. On the stool beside him was a bottle of moet. His legs were stretched out with his left ankle on top the right, he adjusted on the leather couch and his gaze attempted to penetrate the high roof.

This was the same man whose life had little or no meaning many years ago. Nobody believe he will ever be a bicycle owner let alone the amazing "Fortres of Fortune." He was one of the few people who benefited from illegal deals and whether or not were his deals illegal, he was made. Superly made.

As he waited patiently for his guests, his mind slowly dragged on to his days as a pauper. He had slept under the sky so many nights that a twelve digit calculator cannot sum up. He never nursed a dream of having a wife or children due to poverty. He had remained that way despite the wealth he had inveigled. The thought of being an aged bachelor and a recluse brought a tiny frown to his face. He shook it off with a sip from his glass.

The entrance door squeaked and three people entered the living room. Ade entered first and he was closely followed the Mr Chamberline and another fellow with a paunch. As they walked in Michael rolled his head to get a view of the intruders.
"Iron bone." he called out.
"Yes my Boss" Ade answered firmly. Michael motioned to him and he walked towards the large bar to get more drinking glasses.
"Lets sit gentlemen." Michael continued, trying to wave his sober reflexions aside. They sat down as Ade returned with three glasses. He poured out drink into all the glasses from the bottle before sitting next to his "Boss."
"How did it go?" Michael asked looking at Chamberlin who the question was directed to.
"very fine sir. I've done some deals with that guy before." Chamberline replied.
"Have you and your men gotten any vital information from him, Inspector?"
"ehm... Nothing for now but sure we 'll. But i guess he is one of those freelancers spoiling things around here." The Inspector replied.
"very well then, if your assumptions are right then I want him outta my way immediately. But remember I don't want him dead." Michael instructed stressing his last instruction emphatically.
"clearly understood." the Inspector said, raising his glass to his charcoal black lips which was a living testimony of his undisputed loyalty to cigarette.
"Ehm My Boss, can't we just pull him in?" Ade asked.
"Ain't your men doing well?" Michael asked.
"Sam and Blacky are doing fine sir." Ade answered adjusting on his seat.
"Then I don't think you need a new man." Michael counted with a stern gaze.
"what ever the Boss says." Ade replied with a smile as he gulped down his drink.

Michael stood up and put out the light of his cigar, the long robe he wore which was made from mild silk cotton brushed the surface of the well polished hard floor.
"One more thing, find a way to put that guy of the street for a long time and Ade," he called in a croaky voice. "when ever you need a new handyman Inspector Gab knows what to do." Michael concluded. With the unlite cigarette on his left hand and his right hand pulling up the robe he walked toward the stairs for his room. He knew he was melancholy and he couldn't fathom the reason. The other three men took their time to finish their drink before leaving the house. They had played God and his Arch Angels and decided the fate of a man.

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dis last update is 4rm d village o... I beg u all tolerate it... Maybe i'm high on palmy... tongue
Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2013
is nt enof wo
Re: Remember Me by Ghozye(f): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hmmmm,d story z gettin interestin...U r doin great.

ZHEN BANG!!!
Oops!I meant thumbs up! grin
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Sha update fast oh nd wah re u doen in d villaqe sef?
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:26am On Aug 21, 2013
gandyluv: is nt enof wo
eya sowi... Mur 'll be comin soon
Re: Remember Me by gandyluv(f): 7:46am On Aug 21, 2013
tek ur tym n giv us d bst

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by olekubaby: 8:16am On Aug 21, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
Eni~girl:
Sha update fast oh nd wah re u doen in d villaqe sef?
lolz... Went 2 see ma grand ma
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 9:38pm On Aug 21, 2013
oleku baby: Hmmmmmmmm
hmmm! cheesy
Re: Remember Me by Eniqurl(f): 10:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
Wesslier:
lolz... Went 2 see ma grand ma
Gweet ha 4me nd update whild lessbusy.
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Eni~girl:
Gweet ha 4me nd update whild lessbusy.
copy dat ma'am
Re: Remember Me by Smhart1(f): 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wey update na ?
Re: Remember Me by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wesslier: Dis last update is 4rm d village o... I beg u all tolerate it... Maybe i'm high on palmy... tongue
lol

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by babyzai(f): 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2013
Am loving dis. Nice work nd more grease to ur elbow
Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Smhart1: Wey update na ?
so sowi 4 d delay ma'am smiley

1 Like

Re: Remember Me by Wesslier(m): 11:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
babyzai: Am loving dis. Nice work nd more grease to ur elbow
Tnks a million...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Who Is To Blame When A Child Has Sex Without Proper Knowledge - Live Debate / My Son My Man- A Story / My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.