Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,743 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith (13597 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Paul is now your God Abi?

See you.. even the paul you are talking about is a juadizer as you put it derogatorily Act 18:18

What about yashua? well he was a juadizer also

Lawless children of the lawless one

Exalting themselves over Eloheem.

Go figure

Paul a judaizer? As Saul of Tartus or as an Apostle of Christ?

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Have you ever heard about dispensations and rightly dividing the word of God?

Wetin concern dispensation with the character of the son of God?

The red print is there for all to read

His lifestyle is detailed so all true belivers can follow

Dispensation or not nothing has changed

You gentiles will be ruled with a rod of iron

Scripture confirms this.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG:

Paul a judaizer? As Saul of Tartus or as an Apostle of Christ?

Act 18:18

Go and read and come back.

thank you

grin
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Scripture confirms this.

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

Can you read the above word of God to the Gentiles. It clearly disagree with what you are saying, do you not think so?

Although God remains the same, He works in dispensations and times. If you had said what you are saying under the dispensation of the law of Moses, you would have been perfectly right bro.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 5:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for you Gentiles— 2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you, 3 how that by revelation He made known to me the mystery (as I have briefly written already, 4 by which, when you read, you may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ), 5 which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: 6 that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel,

Can you read the above word of God to the Gentiles. It clearly disagree with what you are saying, do you not think so?

Although God remains the same, He works in dispensations and times. If you had said what you are saying under the dispensation of the law of Moses, you would have been perfectly right bro.

So mr man what dispensation did yashua and the apostles live under if I may ask?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

So mr man what dispensation did yashua and the apostles live under if I may ask?

Bro why don't you address that sure word of prophesy before we move to other questions.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro why don't you address that sure word of prophesy before we move to other questions.

I have been doing that all the way through this post and my song is still the same

I say thier way of life should answer your questions no matter what you quote or what paul has said

paul was a judaizer you have not addressed that yet but you keep on quoting him why?

You should address thier way of life critically and see if it matches yours

Stop quoting scipture out of context and address the real issues

Please.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Scripture confirms this.
so u ignorant of dispensations of God n u trynna argue d truth? Look here,I hv read all what u talking but u saying NOTHING.Can u answer da questions on dispensations asked by shdemidemi or I show u d way out of dis topic cos dont see NOTHING u saying than insult.others trynna discuss scriptures as mature but u busy insulting.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

I say thier way of life should answer your questions no matter what you quote or what paul has said
paul was a judaizer you have not addressed that yet but you keep on quoting him why?

You should address thier way of life critically and see if it matches yours

Stop quoting scipture out of context and address the real issues

Please.

19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[c] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ[e]), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as[f] weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some

Please read through what he had to say about some of the things you assume we should adhere to.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Act 18:18

Go and read and come back.

thank you

grin
tell us what acts 18:18 means.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: tell us what acts 18:18 means.
]

You havent read of the voluntary nazarite vow of Numbers 6?

Interestingly in Acts 18, Paul said:
" When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not; 21 but bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus. 22 And when he had landed at Cæsarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch. "

Wonder what he is doing "Judaizing", keeping the feasts of Leviticus..
You say they are "shadows", simply quoting without understanding. Well, let me tell you this. The Jews kept the day of Pentecost, it was a shadow of what was to be fulfilled a few thousand years later, 50 days after the feast of First Fruits (resurrection).

Funny how many pentecostal churches celebrate the day of Pentecost, yet one is a "Judaizer" (whatever that means) by observing all 7 feasts. Hypocrites!

Paul didnt fight Judaism, he was a Jew, don't be ridiculous. Or you think Jesus came to start a new religion? He fulfilled the Jewish prophecies. Paul was fighting those who were teaching the traditions of the elders, which were a set of laws they added onto the Law of Yahweh.

see an example:

Matthew 15: "2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 and honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Is the Torah a commandment of men, or of God? Paul fought the guys teaching the traditions of the elders. If he fought the law, would that not have made him the biggest false teacher of his time?

Lawlessness! I pray you repent of your blasphemy
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lets say I agree with you, Paul went on to verse 2

2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband.

What law is he talking about in the bolded?

My question is still pending @jesusislord
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85: ]

You havent read of the voluntary nazarite vow of Numbers 6?

Interestingly in Acts 18, Paul said:
" When they desired him to tarry longer time with them, he consented not; 21 but bade them farewell, saying, I must by all means keep this feast that cometh in Jerusalem: but I will return again unto you, if God will. And he sailed from Ephesus. 22 And when he had landed at Cæsarea, and gone up, and saluted the church, he went down to Antioch. "

Wonder what he is doing "Judaizing", keeping the feasts of Leviticus..
You say they are "shadows", simply quoting without understanding. Well, let me tell you this. The Jews kept the day of Pentecost, it was a shadow of what was to be fulfilled a few thousand years later, 50 days after the feast of First Fruits (resurrection).

Funny how many pentecostal churches celebrate the day of Pentecost, yet one is a "Judaizer" (whatever that means) by observing all 7 feasts. Hypocrites!

Paul didnt fight Judaism, he was a Jew, don't be ridiculous. Or you think Jesus came to start a new religion? He fulfilled the Jewish prophecies. Paul was fighting those who were teaching the traditions of the elders, which were a set of laws they added onto the Law of Yahweh.

see an example:

Matthew 15: "2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread. 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; 6 and honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Is the Torah a commandment of men, or of God? Paul fought the guys teaching the traditions of the elders. If he fought the law, would that not have made him the biggest false teacher of his time?

Lawlessness! I pray you repent of your blasphemy

The peace of the Lord be with you Brother.

Truly another Pentecost moment.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 7:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

My question is still pending @jesusislord

The roach Qodesh is dynamic

Try another approach

Try another perspective
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
Jesusislord85 what does Christ is the end of the law means to you if paul was only fighting traditions of elders?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[c] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ[e]), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as[f] weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some

Please read through what he had to say about some of the things you assume we should adhere to.

Please expansiate.

Are you saying paul was lawless like yourself

Or like one of your brothers intimated paul was a pretender probably suffering from sczhizophrenia

Yeah something like that a pretender to win souls

like the Jesuits....

you do know about the Jesuits don't you?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
Did you read through , what do you think it's saying.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: tell us what acts 18:18 means.

Just to add to what the brother has said

In acts 18:18 paul takes upon himself a Jewish vow

It is the vow of all vows for the jews

It is the vow of the nazaraite.

Numbers chapter 6.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi: Did you read through , what do you think it's saying.

Be true to God

It is the only way to be true to yourself

And hence true to all others no matter their calling or persuations

Paul was true to the one true God and faithfull to the end.

You still have not commented on acts 18:18

I have been patient with you.

Be true to Yourself
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 8:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[c] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ[e]), that I might win those who are without law;

The man said he wants to win those under the law. I expect you to ask yourself what he was trying to present to those under the law, could it be the trying to win them from the law to the law?

I think he wants to present a gospel aside the law to them, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 8:22pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: Jesusislord85 what does Christ is the end of the law means to you if paul was only fighting traditions of elders?
mosthigh,can u answer d above question ?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: mosthigh,can u answer d above question ?

You ARE STILL TO COMMENT ON ACTS 18:18

Let us know if there is a handicap so we can move on

I have been answering your questions patiently.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi: 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[c] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ[e]), that I might win those who are without law;

The man said he wants to win those under the law. I expect you to ask yourself what he was trying to present to those under the law, could it be the trying to win them from the law to the law?

Re re wind

Who is Yashua trying to win?

What is this obsession with PAUL

Could it be the LIE?

The Lawlessness Itch?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Re re wind

Who is Yashua trying to win?

What is this obsession with PAUL

Could it be the LIE?

The Lawlessness Itch?

The bible says the risen Christ picked Paul up to take His message to the Gentiles, I happen to be one. If you believe Christ rose, don't you think we should follow the instructions he gives us?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 9:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

You ARE STILL TO COMMENT ON ACTS 18:18

Let us know if there is a handicap so we can move on

I have been answering your questions patiently.
da main point here is being right with God.da acts 18:18, does it say Paul doing da Jewish festival makes him righteous before God?did da verse say by keeping da festival, he was righteous with God?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: da main point here is being right with God.da acts 18:18, does it say Paul doing da Jewish festival makes him righteous before God?did da verse say by keeping da festival, he was righteous with God?

Question you should be asking yourself then is...

Why would Paul keep the festival and tell others not to judaize as you put it derogatorily?

Why would Paul fulfil the highest JEWISH VOW the vow of the nazarite and tell others not to judaize as you put it derogatorily?

Why?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: Jesusislord85 what does Christ is the end of the law means to you if paul was only fighting traditions of elders?

Tired of answering same questions. Read article below and be enlightened.

In Romans 10:4, Paul's words are translated: "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." Regrettably, most translators render the Greek word telos simply as "end" instead of giving Paul's intended meaning of that word in this context. Reasoning incorrectly that faith makes the law void, they have adopted an illogical assumption that Paul plainly rejected in Romans 3:31. This passage reads: "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law."
To discover the proper translation of a word that can be used in more than one way, its context has to be understood correctly before any effort is made to determine the right nuance of meaning that the author intended. Here is a simple example. One might ask a college student, "To what end are you attending college?" The word "end" in that context would refer to the "objective" or "goal" the student has in mind. Receiving a degree would be only the "end result" of his college years of learning, not the end to his ability or desire to learn.
The Greek word telos, translated "end" in Romans 10:4, can convey variations in meaning, including "'the aim or purpose' of a thing" ( Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1985, "End, Ending"wink. This is very clear in the New King James Version's rendering of 1 Timothy 1:5, where telos is properly translated as purpose in the clause "the purpose of the commandment is love." In this same verse the NRSV translates telos as "aim" and the NIV renders it as "goal."
Paul uses telos in Romans 10:4 to convey that the objective or goal of the law—the "aim or purpose" of it—is to point us to the mind and character of Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:19; Philippians 2:5).
Jesus Christ, the living Word of God, is a perfect replica of what God's law teaches. Pointing us to His character and work is the aim" of the law. Rendering of telos as "end" in Romans 10:4 distorts Paul's intended meaning—something Peter forcefully warns us not to do (2 Peter 3:15-16).
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Question you should be asking yourself then is...

Why would Paul keep the festival and tell others not to judaize as you put it derogatorily?

Why would Paul fulfil the highest JEWISH VOW the vow of the nazarite and tell others not to judaize as you put it derogatorily?

Why?
my answer is a vow is a vow n debt.if he had made a vow before coming to Christ,he bound to fulfill it. Does keeping a vow makes a man righteous before God? Remember our righteous is like a filthy rag before God.does keeping a vow makes one righteous?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: da main point here is being right with God.da acts 18:18, does it say Paul doing da Jewish festival makes him righteous before God?did da verse say by keeping da festival, he was righteous with God?

Did any of us say that observing the law makes one righteous? Keeping His commandments are proof that you love him.

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him"

Did Abraham keep it perfectly? No, he believed God and it was counted as righteousness. His faith was not void of action. God said "go", and he went.
So stop talking like faith and law are mutually exclusive. Acts proves conclusively Paul kept the law, that needs no interpretation. So wherever you interpret differently, it means you misunderstood.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi: 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law,[c] that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God,[d] but under law toward Christ[e]), that I might win those who are without law;

The more you type the more worried I become:
How can anybody, given knowledge of the whole bible, conclude that Paul is trying win them from the law?
Is this not the same Paul that was "reasoning with them {the Jews} in the synagogue", trying to convince them about Christ. Not every Jew was a believer.

Lol, you think rabbi Paul would enter the synagogue, teach false doctrine and they would not have stoned him on the spot?
The reason they could not stone Jesus was because he kept the law perfectly, they tried and tried to catch him out.

Chei, the people perish for lack of knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
Lets say I agree with you, Paul went on to verse 2

2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband.

What law is he talking about in the bolded?

My question is still pending @ jesusislord
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

The bible says the risen Christ picked Paul up to take His message to the Gentiles, I happen to be one. If you believe Christ rose, don't you think we should follow the instructions he gives us?

What I Know is that between Yashau and paul a lot can be lost in translation.

For all purpose of daily living why not focus on the magnetism of yashua Ibn Joseph.

After all Paul himself gloried in the lord

There is no more mystery

The sermon on the mount has revealed all to the children of the kingdom

The gentiles not being able to comprehend the words as he speaks always to rally to Paul.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / When A Sin Becomes "Normal" In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.