Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes (39927 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by patrickmuf(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
texaco1: Dbanj will be the main loser ,don jazzy is a producer and if not for dbanj that was always calling his name noone will know him .don jazzy will eventually get another good artiste that will appeal to people but dbanj has no time because with each rubbish track that he churns out,his popularity diminishes so he has to start bringing out hit songs now
d'banj hater no.1...Keep hating bro, lets c whr it takes you to...

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by IboBoyNuel(m): 11:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
Decryptor: Sickness is an understatement! He is as brainless as a cockroach!

A cockroach aint brainless niqqa..
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by propzncribz: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
Haters will hate, potatoes will potate.

Don jazzy got skills, whether u admit it or not

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by tellwisdom: 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2013
Some one was shouting on T.V Egba o jue!!....Eyin boiz!!, egba ojue!!...Abeg dat one na song abi na fight?? sad
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Tassembly(m): 12:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Djbond: When Mo’Hit had its Don Jazzy/D’banj separation war, I would be honest, I thumb printed on Don Jazzy’s new gang, Mavin Records, as the better side. The truth is after several months, the artistes under Mavin Records have shown their true colours and I must confess, it’s worse than colour riot!

Mavin Records is now a collection of confused and powerless artistes.
The achievements of Mavin Records and DB Records have shown us that Don Jazzy was the creative guy while D’banj was the business man. The way they have managed their respective businesses have shown what they brought to Mo’Hit’s table. Enough of Mo’Hits, now let’s focus on Mavin Records.

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Since D’banj slammed the Mo’Hits door for his DB Records,we have not seen another charismatic artiste fly on Don Jazzy’s bewitching beats and it takes more than good beats to make a true artiste. Fela Kuti gave us good sounds, philosophical lyrics, charisma and fashion . All these, Mavin Records artistes lack.

Wande Coal:
Came on board with good singing skills but has since stopped singing and has started talking on beats like Dbanj did. One finds it hard not to believe that Mavin Artistes (Tiwa excluded) have adopted Dbanj’s style as the only way to conquer the musical world. That’s too bad.

Dr. Sid:
Music shouldn’t be Dr. Sid’s profession. I think he should go back to the hospital and try his luck there. Before now, he said D’banj was his stumbling block. D’banj is out, yet Dr. Sid hasn’t become a super star. With all the great beats from Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid has not been able to put the right vocal key to ignite his super stardom.

D Prince:
This guy shouldn’t even be a musician in the first place. Ok, he has the sex appeal to an extent which ladies love but he hasn’t been able to leverage on that musically.

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

Comparation between the dkm album by db (dbanj) and solar plexus by mavin (donjazzy). What do you guys think. As For me I will take D kings men album

Good write up,but its incomplete if you don't add the whole artiste in the industry to the list, all whacked artiste.apart from the legend old folks that has lift traditional music,people like sunny ade,obey and few others like fela.

I haven't seen a new generation artiste that is talented, now explain what ko duro soke by olamide means,that senseless d prince goody bag,p sqaure whacked alingo, and that nothing to write home about baddest boy by wizkid and other whacked songs like limpopo by iyanya and skibo by solid star,also tuface is not left out with his whacked implication song among others.and so much more,this guys are just performing and selling names and not music.i still wonder why All this songs still make it to nigeria 'should i say some categories of nigerian top favorite.

Is this because these categories of nigerians are left with no choice or what.

Now radio just have to play eminado by tiwa and the so call mavin group coz their is no choice.

Anyway,i am a fan of rap music,real rap if you know what i mean, gino really tried in his days,remember no be God "

Many People thought american rap musics 'are nonsense and coz of violent lyrics ,those who are really deep in hip hop will gain a lot if they take time to listen to this lyrics from the beginning to the end and understood. Shoutout to late ppimp c , i 20,tupac,jcole,nas,asap ferg,propain,kid ink,deuce, big krit, juvenile,bun b, three six mafia,mobb deep,chevy woods,lil wyte,tung twista,king LOS ,chopper city, rich boy,paul wall,shyst red, marquis q6,pete pablo, the game,butch cassidy,bone thugs,late proof ,dollar boy,wiz khalifa,camron giles, juelz santana,lil flip ,no limit master P ,benzino,daz and dellinger,lil zane, lil boosie,curren$y,young roddy,young dro ,young gunz, benie siegel,omilio sparks,........it goes on for those who are deep in HIP HOP, ya'll already know.

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by eightsin(m): 12:10am On Aug 01, 2013
I laff in arabic
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by charlesm91(m): 12:21am On Aug 01, 2013
Nowadays, people like d'prince has made the music industry so easy to enter. Many just see it as a fast way to fame n fortune n so end up singing shit. Too early to tell on dbanj but don jazzy better discover a new act fast. Producers like dre, timbaland, we all their story and how many protégée they brought out

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Indifferent(m): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2013
dre stone okuta:
16 tyms!!!! Did u listen to d full track? It shuld be up to 72!!!!
thats 16 times at a go before the verse.

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 01, 2013
I BELIEVE THIS THREAD WAS CREATED BY SOME OF THE DB TEAM MEMBERS SO I WILL NEVER WASTE MY TIME ARGUE WITH ANY RETARD WHO MADE ALL THIS FALLACIES HE CALL EMPHASIS.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 01, 2013
THE ENTIRE DKM ALBUM CAN NOT EVEN STAND BY WANDE COALS RECENT SINGLES THE KICK AND ROTATE TO BE PRECISE SO WHATS YOUR POINT.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by pumpingmachine: 1:22am On Aug 01, 2013
Indifferent: Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it
laughing in Swahili
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by obowunmi(m): 1:28am On Aug 01, 2013
I couldnt beleive it

But the song is DO.P,E though..... grin grin
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Austeenxx: 1:34am On Aug 01, 2013
OP,

Take garri till you go yo! angry

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dindingis: 1:46am On Aug 01, 2013
tel me one reasonable song of dbanj after d seperation. he is now a businessman. as for jazzy, he is still d best wen it comes to beat in naija.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dipo2much(m): 2:10am On Aug 01, 2013
Artist Name: Durella
Produced by: Don Jazzy

HIT
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by slimikenna(m): 2:31am On Aug 01, 2013
Tolexander: Dbanj and Don Jazzy!
Typical yoruba and igbo relationship

there is nothing ibo vs yoruba btw db records and mavin...ignoramus.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Femoje(m): 2:41am On Aug 01, 2013
I'm the only one that can make don jazzy make a hit from Mavin records
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by slimikenna(m): 2:42am On Aug 01, 2013
thriz:
IT APPEARS YOU DONT KNOW THAT CORPORATE ENDORSEMENT IS WHERE THESE GUYS MAKE THEIR MONEY. HE IS A PRODUCER NOT A SINGER , YET HE HAS MORE ENDORSEMENTS THAN MANY ARTODTS CURRENTLY. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU

don jazzy is not a singer? what was he doing in eminado, without my heart, d kick etc?? drinking loya milk?
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by slimikenna(m): 2:47am On Aug 01, 2013
nickz: how many producers get this kind °ƒ big endorsement deal.consult your dictionary to understand the difference betwwen rthe words MUSICIAN and PRODUCER

Don Jazzy
Birth name
Michael Collins Ajereh
Born
November 26, 1980 (age 32)
Umuahia , Abia state
Origin
Abia state
Genres
Pop , R&B , Afro Pop , African hip hop
Occupations
Singer , songwriter , record producer

culled from wikipedia 2013
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by abysirius(m): 4:14am On Aug 01, 2013
Decryptor: Sickness is an understatement! He is as brainless as a cockroach!
I understand hw u feel but u need to take things easy. After all, there's an element of truth in what the OP wrote. D'banj no Sabi sing but he was the reason Mohit was selling. It's too glaring or can't u see it. Perhaps u've decided to chide away from the truth. Don jazy understands D'banj and he's so used to him that he's still producing beats thinking the guy is still around. Skbanj also understand him so tay once he hears Marvin beat with Marvin artiste voice he will say NO! That's not hw to kill the beat.

They need 1 another shikenah!

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by nerodenero: 4:21am On Aug 01, 2013
Zillight:
Reconcile?!?! Did I hear u say reconcile? They both seperaated d marriage on a bridge, took different parts and burnt d bridge, it wil only take a Miracle and Julius Berger 2 bring back such bridge.
You just advertised this construction company for free!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by xykms101: 5:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Tassembly:

Good write up,but its incomplete if you don't add the whole artiste in the industry to the list, all whacked artiste.apart from the legend old folks that has lift traditional music,people like sunny ade,obey and few others like fela.

I haven't seen a new generation artiste that is talented, now explain what ko duro soke by olamide means,that senseless d prince goody bag,p sqaure whacked alingo, and that nothing to write home about baddest boy by wizkid and other whacked songs like limpopo by iyanya and skibo by solid star,also tuface is not left out with his whacked implication song among others.and so much more,this guys are just performing and selling names and not music.i still wonder why All this songs still make it to nigeria 'should i say some categories of nigerian top favorite.

Is this because these categories of nigerians are left with no choice or what.

Now radio just have to play eminado by tiwa and the so call mavin group coz their is no choice.

Anyway,i am a fan of rap music,real rap if you know what i mean, gino really tried in his days,remember no be God "

Many People thought american rap musics 'are nonsense and coz of violent lyrics ,those who are really deep in hip hop will gain a lot if they take time to listen to this lyrics from the beginning to the end and understood. Shoutout to late ppimp c , i 20,tupac,jcole,nas,asap ferg,propain,kid ink,deuce, big krit, juvenile,bun b, three six mafia,mobb deep,chevy woods,lil wyte,tung twista,king LOS ,chopper city, rich boy,paul wall,shyst red, marquis q6,pete pablo, the game,butch cassidy,bone thugs,late proof ,dollar boy,wiz khalifa,camron giles, juelz santana,lil flip ,no limit master P ,benzino,daz and dellinger,lil zane, lil boosie,curren$y,young roddy,young dro ,young gunz, benie siegel,omilio sparks,........it goes on for those who are deep in HIP HOP, ya'll already know.
Drop that thing in your hand, you've had enough today.

D0pe kills rememba.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:06am On Aug 01, 2013
Zillight: I still raised a discussion on this issue with a guy yesterday and he was of the opinion that I should sit back and watch what DonJazzy is up to. . .Left to me, I have seen enough from the two 'Divorcees'.
Mo'hit was a perfect Label, but there is not Hit in Mo'hit without Dbanj.
Even Kay Switch made songs to be hits too
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:09am On Aug 01, 2013
greateros:

. . . and there is no hit in DB records without donjazzy!

The simple truth is - they sacrificed a marriage that would av taken them to places - both of them are losers! But they don't know it yet - they should just forget their pride and reconcile!
There are other songs in the DKM album that are not produced by Don Jazzy that are certainly gonna be hits after their videos have been dropped e.g finally
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Tolexander: 5:13am On Aug 01, 2013
slimikenna:

there is nothing ibo vs yoruba btw db records and mavin...ignoramus.
and who told you i was talking about db and marvinand not defunct mohit?
I can feel your life in disarray!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:14am On Aug 01, 2013
I couldnt beleive it
D Prince should have continued rapping. He wasn't bad in rap then. If he continued, maybe he would have excelled just like Ice Prince
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:16am On Aug 01, 2013
Jordanmusa: or you're an assemblage of wackness, dbanj is zero without don baba jay. The west will never accept dbanjs music.bet on it.
Can you bet on it? D'banj has the potency of excelling there
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:21am On Aug 01, 2013
ajasa4link: kswitch is that u?
Na wah o
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2013
imsu.boi:

OP go to bed, you're drunk

My Tiwa is not "powerless and confused"
Na waiten Tiwa dey do? She don write and sell all the songs for her brain finish. I must confess that Tiwa Savage is one female artist in Nigeria I don't like. She got a good voice but got no style as a musician. I hate watching her music videos because she looks dull in her music videos

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:28am On Aug 01, 2013
life_style: Marvin records should sign durella.
You want Dr Sid to kill am? That guy na jealous guy o and he nor get talent
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:31am On Aug 01, 2013
olumaxi: yes nau..saw don-jazi lastwk milkin som cows for Loya
*LMFAO*
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by iamdsam: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2013
alaoeri: Its now obvious that Dbanj was the one that add spice to Mo'hits, music is more than talent & beats, Dbanj left with his spice & the rest couldn't get their bearing, keep saying this only few ppl like Dbanj can really bringout the real creativity of Don jazzy, had it been take banana, the kick was sang by Dbanj una go see how these songs 'll blow because of his additional spice.
Nor be to get voice like Wande and Tiwa o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards / [Official Video] P-square - Chop My Money Remix feat. Akon & May D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.