Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes (39928 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by 0skarlet(m): 11:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Wande coal will be like i the kick ball but am not okocha. Smh
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 01, 2013
What about K-SWITCH
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by ibkgab001: 11:12am On Aug 01, 2013
16 times omg this guy have to learn more about music again lolllllllll
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Ziggyzito(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2013
style$co:
ASUU please call of the strike so these children could go back to school.

People are making money you are talking trash.
D'banj ko Don Jazzy ni.

Btw.. I love D prince's songs.

Goody bag,omoba,ooze for my money is farrrrrrr better that oyato abi oyota and top of the world. Remember that ooze was done with d'banj?

I'm sure these people beefing him are ofe mmanu's.
Stop hating.

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by omojaytee(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2013
Djbond: When Mo’Hit had its Don Jazzy/D’banj separation war, I would be honest, I thumb printed on Don Jazzy’s new gang, Mavin Records, as the better side. The truth is after several months, the artistes under Mavin Records have shown their true colours and I must confess, it’s worse than colour riot!

Mavin Records is now a collection of confused and powerless artistes.
The achievements of Mavin Records and DB Records have shown us that Don Jazzy was the creative guy while D’banj was the business man. The way they have managed their respective businesses have shown what they brought to Mo’Hit’s table. Enough of Mo’Hits, now let’s focus on Mavin Records.

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Since D’banj slammed the Mo’Hits door for his DB Records,we have not seen another charismatic artiste fly on Don Jazzy’s bewitching beats and it takes more than good beats to make a true artiste. Fela Kuti gave us good sounds, philosophical lyrics, charisma and fashion . All these, Mavin Records artistes lack.

Wande Coal:
Came on board with good singing skills but has since stopped singing and has started talking on beats like Dbanj did. One finds it hard not to believe that Mavin Artistes (Tiwa excluded) have adopted Dbanj’s style as the only way to conquer the musical world. That’s too bad.

Dr. Sid:
Music shouldn’t be Dr. Sid’s profession. I think he should go back to the hospital and try his luck there. Before now, he said D’banj was his stumbling block. D’banj is out, yet Dr. Sid hasn’t become a super star. With all the great beats from Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid has not been able to put the right vocal key to ignite his super stardom.

D Prince:
This guy shouldn’t even be a musician in the first place. Ok, he has the sex appeal to an extent which ladies love but he hasn’t been able to leverage on that musically.

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

Comparation between the dkm album by db (dbanj) and solar plexus by mavin (donjazzy). What do you guys think. As For me I will take D kings men album
To me,ℓ̊ tink dis piece of article z total nt tru enuf.it cld b tru dah don jazzy aπϑ dbanj av nt rili cum to dia full potentials since dey parted ways aπϑ it cld b tru dt most of d artists on mavin r lackin,its quite surprisin to c u include wande coal in d list.since dey bcam mavin,wande coal has bin one of d most consistent, aπϑ along syd tiwa savage,he has bin releasing sum of d best songs mavin cn boast of.u say he has nt bin abu to go along wit don jazzy's beat,mayb u shld go listen to d kick,rotate aπϑ kilaju dt he released recently,den cum bak aπϑ tel me wat u tink. aπϑ as per dbanj,evrione hia knws dah dude has bin a nyt mare eva since he left don jazzy.al his songs av bin complete trash.mayb u didn't hear d way sum foreigners ridiculed Im fr d remix he did wit kanye west.d problem d banj has z dt he z tryin to unite his african style wit d american way inoda to appeal to both local aπϑ international listeners,but as u cn c he z doin a veri poor job.doe av nt hrd mavin's album,bt as per dt dkm,ℓ̊ tink its a total washout save fr d one he sang wit olamide.best tin z,dis two guys had beta swallow dia pride aπϑ cum bak 2geda if we wana c d best of dem
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 11:27am On Aug 01, 2013
style$co:

Shut that gutter up.
Did he beg you for money?
Advertising your moronic brain because of mtn free mb and techno phone.

You aint even fit to be his driver but you open that thing you call a mouth to advice him.
You think they (D'banj and Don jazzy) are as brainless and slow as yourself?
HAVE U TAKEN YOUR LOYA MILK TODAY?
PLS DON JAZZY DONT MIND PEOPLE LIKE THIS GO BACK TO D BANJ BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! TIME IS RUNNING OUT. MAVIN IS DEAD AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO HAWK MILK WITH YOUR GAY LOOKING FACE.

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by nomanicole(f): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2013
overboard:

My attempt at comprehending your post failed.
Same here
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2013
DON JAZZY IS NOTHING WITHOUT DBANJ=FACT
D BANJ IS EVERYTHING WITHOUT DON JAZZY=FACT
MARVIN RECORDS IS DEAD=FACT
DBANJ WILL FORGIVE DON JAZZY AND RETAIN HIM AS ONE OF HIS PRODUCERS IN DB RECORDS(SIX MONTHS PROBATION DEY OH!)=FACT
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Aksonman: 11:37am On Aug 01, 2013
[size=16pt]I can authoritatively confirm to you all that KSWITCH,D'BANJ AND TIWA SAVAGE are currently viewing and have even commented on this thread.[/size]
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by olatiler(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
nomanicole:
Same here
do anybody care about u both mr comprehenders, either u ppl like it or not DB has remain better than ur uncle SALES BOY MR LOYAL
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by stylesco: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
dinachi:
HAVE U TAKEN YOUR LOYA MILK TODAY?
PLS DON JAZZY DONT MIND PEOPLE LIKE THIS GO BACK TO D BANJ BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE! TIME IS RUNNING OUT. MAVIN IS DEAD AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE NOT STRONG ENOUGH TO HAWK MILK WITH YOUR GAY LOOKING FACE.

That's the effect of mtn extending their network to villages.

I won't dignify you with a response again. Dont bother quoting me.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Abagworo(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
The OP is a hater. Since their divorce, the 3 biggest hits from both camps are all Mavin.

1) Take Banana

2) Rotate

3) The Kick

Wande coal is not doing bad at all. D'prince did pretty well.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by jidex001(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
You poster, U said tiwa savage didn't see her period.. Make she catch u....lolzzz
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Wahala90: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2013
My hit single, titled "Wacky Divorcees", featuring Don-Jazzy and D'Banj is coming out soon. Watch Out!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Skarr(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
fastigiater:

When people write good things about D'banj he is spending on PR, When people write good things about Mavin/Don Jazzy it is because they are the best in the world uh?....Yes I see your logic (not).
All of you just want D'banj to go away but like I have said countless times he is not going anywhere. You are annoyed you're hearing his DKM songs everywhere and it is irritating you that you got it wrong by writing him off. If he was really spending on this so called PR for comments, radio stations, tv stations, and show promoters, bet he'll be broke by now. Please give credit and accept he is doing something right.

hahaha, guy all we are saying is dat tho we hear deir songs, it doesnt mean we enjoy dem, for us to enjoy dem,we need dem to swallow deir pride and come back together, simple oOoOo. NoBody dey use any juju logic here
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Skarr(m): 12:41pm On Aug 01, 2013
Akson man: [size=16pt]I can authoritatively confirm to you all that KSWITCH,D'BANJ AND TIWA SAVAGE are currently viewing and have even commented on this thread.[/size]
bobo yi, aaaah! U are a sorry case
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by mooregan(m): 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
blackmale500: where is ;uyo'' if the music is not hitting lagos well,,, omo gbagbe oshi.....
Be sincere, Wande Coal's "the kick" not hit pass Dbanj's "oyato" and "finally"?? Be sincere

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
style$co:

That's the effect of mtn extending their network to villages.

I won't dignify you with a response again. Don't bother quoting me.
Don Jazzy is that you?Go back to D banj Asap. Even Loya milk is not popular. Dont die in silence, pride kills!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by oluamid(m): 1:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
I knew there was trouble with the music industry the moment I heard Sound Sultan was dragging rights with Sean Tizzle over who owns "Sho lee".
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by tareigns(m): 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2013
Jordanmusa: piece of shit, like you didn't rock the song hypocrite!
mr poo,imagen dbanj on dat beat. Dat track wuld hav been d bang.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Jordanmusa(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
fastigiater:

When people write good things about D'banj he is spending on PR, When people write good things about Mavin/Don Jazzy it is because they are the best in the world uh?....Yes I see your logic (not).
All of you just want D'banj to go away but like I have said countless times he is not going anywhere. You are annoyed you're hearing his DKM songs everywhere and it is irritating you that you got it wrong by writing him off. If he was really spending on this so called PR for comments, radio stations, tv stations, and show promoters, bet he'll be broke by now. Please give credit and accept he is doing something right.
nigger I aint heard DA KITCHEN MEN yet, read my lips ass hole, dbanj ain't going no where but down!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by profstar(m): 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
Djbond: When Mo’Hit had its Don Jazzy/D’banj separation war, I would be honest, I thumb printed on Don Jazzy’s new gang, Mavin Records, as the better side. The truth is after several months, the artistes under Mavin Records have shown their true colours and I must confess, it’s worse than colour riot!

Mavin Records is now a collection of confused and powerless artistes.
The achievements of Mavin Records and DB Records have shown us that Don Jazzy was the creative guy while D’banj was the business man. The way they have managed their respective businesses have shown what they brought to Mo’Hit’s table. Enough of Mo’Hits, now let’s focus on Mavin Records.

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Since D’banj slammed the Mo’Hits door for his DB Records,we have not seen another charismatic artiste fly on Don Jazzy’s bewitching beats and it takes more than good beats to make a true artiste. Fela Kuti gave us good sounds, philosophical lyrics, charisma and fashion . All these, Mavin Records artistes lack.

Wande Coal:
Came on board with good singing skills but has since stopped singing and has started talking on beats like Dbanj did. One finds it hard not to believe that Mavin Artistes (Tiwa excluded) have adopted Dbanj’s style as the only way to conquer the musical world. That’s too bad.

Dr. Sid:
Music shouldn’t be Dr. Sid’s profession. I think he should go back to the hospital and try his luck there. Before now, he said D’banj was his stumbling block. D’banj is out, yet Dr. Sid hasn’t become a super star. With all the great beats from Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid has not been able to put the right vocal key to ignite his super stardom.

D Prince:
This guy shouldn’t even be a musician in the first place. Ok, he has the sex appeal to an extent which ladies love but he hasn’t been able to leverage on that musically.

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

Comparation between the dkm album by db (dbanj) and solar plexus by mavin (donjazzy). What do you guys think. As For me I will take D kings men album
you condemned them all like they never did anything good,
hope, you are not doing it with the hope and may be don jazzy can sign you, if not so, i wonder what your motivation is!?
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Jordanmusa(m): 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
tareigns: mr poo,imagen dbanj on dat beat. Dat track wuld hav been d bang.
from your writing I could tell like dbanj you aint got no class, so let it go,dbanj became a looser from the split.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Jordanmusa: from your writing I could tell like dbanj you aint got no class, so let it go,dbanj became a looser from the split.
How wide did you spread your ass for ramming by Don Jazzy? Make sure you drink your garri and Loya Milk before you come back here. Keep taking Don jazzy's abi D prince banana, when you yo your eyes go clear!

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by chuksjoe007: 4:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
You just a bloody hater.... Next..
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Malvin record artiste may be impotent, but surely not don jazzy.
I still dance to 'D KICK' any day any time.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by blackbeau1(f): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2013
dre stone okuta:
The point is He repeated that statement "take banana till u go yo" 72 tyms in a 4 minutes track (weather before or after each verse, prelude or whatever!!!) Who does that?!!
D'prince obviously
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Stiv(m): 7:59pm On Aug 01, 2013
Zillight:
Reconcile?!?! Did I hear u say reconcile? They both seperaated d marriage on a bridge, took different parts and burnt d bridge, it wil only take a Miracle and Julius Berger 2 bring back such bridge.

The simple truth has been told. Case closed.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2013
pandriod: [size=18pt]Drink Loya Milk and Win!!! [/size]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-fKmmYih7ylk/UQpIE8VV9pI/AAAAAAABYOQ/n-658XJ_MKQ/s1600/1-a-Loya-milk-3.gif[/img]

Stop! U killing me o! Lmfaoooo!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Tassembly(m): 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2013
iamdsam: Half of these rappers you listed are wack. I mean very wack. I love hiphop and rap more than you but I got an exclusive lists of rappers which anybody would attest to but I don't have time to mention

then you dont listen to hardcore, just this bunch of guys singing rythms and blues, sorry,i got you trey songs fan. thug till we
d I e

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Tassembly(m): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Esin waju: Don't be an effing ignoramus. D0pe DOES NOT kill.

i got this punchline from southern rapper i20 , watch how you approach a n I a ,YEAH I am down to smoke a N ii g g A'
not just making money we are out here making history, it goes on and not, i am not ready to take a kick from don jazzy and co' we thugsssssssssssssssssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards / [Official Video] P-square - Chop My Money Remix feat. Akon & May D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.