Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes (39925 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by DMatrix: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2013
Even Dbanj is now impotent ... even to organze simple show last year december e no fit do grin
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by tallceejay(m): 8:25am On Aug 01, 2013
!

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

What do you think ?[/quote]

What do we think ?? I think you r a perverted writer undecided
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by olatiler(m): 8:26am On Aug 01, 2013
Am fucking stinking tired with the way some dude make their comparison on this thread by not seen thing from far angle only on tribal aspect, In far back june a big fight broke up btw 2 naija guy in Nairobi argue on common Amosun Champain palava till I settle them and let them both realise that Jazzy didn't bought it that he was SALES BOY to Amosun, on coming to see Obama inauguration in Dar Es Salaam this past month on his Tour to advertise GAY JAGAJAGA I meet another issue again when some TZ girl hold DB big postal naming it africa No1 hip hop musician to let Obama know that we African can do as US.
Now let come to the main point, why would anybody compare Current DB Achievement with DJazzy, they ain't match "HAKUNA" DB still perform his duty as a musician and that has won him many notable contract like HENNESSY AMBASSADOR, BANK OF INDUSTRY AMBASSADOR, latter ETISALAT AMBASSADOR unlike the Djazzy that turn himself to SALESBOY of Cheap Company like Loyal or Amosun who they ware only known in Southern Nigeria.
Therefore I will employ all DB eja n la Haters to desist from such, this guy is making Nigeria proud and is making impact in Nigeria music Industry, imagine him single handedly brought 2chain to this country
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Slankey: 8:28am On Aug 01, 2013
ajasa4link: Na wa o,dbanj is sure spending on PR gan o...everyday we see threads of dbanj vs Don jazzy... dkm vs solar plexus. and other shiits... una no dey tire?.... the truth still remains,dbanj is a musician and we expect him to sing sensible songs and not 70% wack songs he is dishing out.(though he has been wack since the days of mohits )...I would say there dbanj hasn't improved at all as a musician.... as for Don jazzy, being a producer,we expect him to produce good beats, I will say he isn't doing bad with beats like the kick,rotate e.t.c.. as for artistes under mavin,yes they are wack just like dbanj himself except for the talented tiwa savage and wande coal...my point is,dbanj and Don jazzy are no longer together, let them be. stop all this un-necessary comparison of a musician and a producer

Ajasa, your comment is highly biased. Think twice man!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by BeraBera(f): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2013
Seriously, Tiwa Savage is the best thing that has happened to Mavin Records since the Don-Jazzy-DBanj break-up. If not for her, i would have buried my head in shame for pitching my tent with Don Jazzy's side. She is the only one in that group that actually sings meaningful songs, as for the others.....well, I no fit shout.

As for D-Banj, that his Oyato & Don't tell me nonsense are just crap songs. The "Don't tell me nonsense" video is beautiful and has a nice concept, but the lyrics don't make sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by elebiola(m): 8:41am On Aug 01, 2013
@ op and the rest haters

Dr. sid just moved to his own house in lekki 1;focusing on his next album and has just dropped 3 singles. Tiwa is being endorsed by mtn, pepsi and others,her album is a hit;take it or leave it. Wande coal, is coming up with is album soon, he gave u d kick,rotate,sexellency,my way and you hypocrites danced and spent your hard earned monies in clubs and show to enjoy them, D'prince.. even if he's not so successful as an artist, he has delivered quite well with his so called rubbish; goody bag,banana,give it to me and co. Don jazzy.. as a producer has made more money you likes can dream about, selling loya,making themes for samsung electronics,lives in nicon estate,drives the choice cars you and even your folks dream about,still collecting royalties from all the songs he has produced.... Haba, define your definition of being successful. D'banj and his crew are doing well, making hits and money. Traveling to places you dream about and smacking the things you fantasize about.

Seriously... Let me give you my 2 cents; Face your hustle and make something meaningful out of life. What you call problem is no where what this people call issues. For now,they are made, gone their own separate ways and moving on, hang out with each other when the need arises and you are here using panadol for their supposed headache. Get a life;they have made theirs, stop using your free etisalat or glo mb to follow them on instagram or twitter and be commenting on what is not... awon e leyi ti se corner, eyin yin sun.

5 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Urine: 8:43am On Aug 01, 2013
The op sounds intelligent but foolish, how can you call someone an impotent artist? In modern day Nigerian music you don't have to be good to be the best, look around you the list is endless.

I also think it is childish to compare people's level of success or even write people off. Life is a funny place, there's is a set time for everybody. At a point in my life I was as broke as a church rat, everything I did didn't work out, I got told many times that I was a big failure. The insults? Embarrassment? Don't let me start. My life changed with just two phone calls I wasn't expecting, today everything looks like a dream.

Never write people off, it's the worst mistake you will ever make. I wonder what the OP would have said if Fatai Rolling dollar was his peer?

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by overboard(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2013
olatiler: Am fucking stinking tired with the way some dude make their comparison on this thread by not seen thing from far angle only on tribal aspect, In far back june a big fight broke up btw 2 naija guy in Nairobi argue on common Amosun Champain palava till I settle them and let them both realise that Jazzy didn't bought it that he was SALES BOY to Amosun, on coming to see Obama inauguration in Dar Es Salaam this past month on his Tour to advertise GAY JAGAJAGA I meet another issue again when some TZ girl hold DB big postal naming it africa No1 hip hop musician to let Obama know that we African can do as US.
Now let come to the main point, why would anybody compare Current DB Achievement with DJazzy, they ain't match "HAKUNA" DB still perform his duty as a musician and that has won him many notable contract like HENNESSY AMBASSADOR, BANK OF INDUSTRY AMBASSADOR, latter ETISALAT AMBASSADOR unlike the Djazzy that turn himself to SALESBOY of Cheap Company like Loyal or Amosun who they ware only known in Southern Nigeria.
Therefore I will employ all DB eja n la Haters to desist from such, this guy is making Nigeria proud and is making impact in Nigeria music Industry, imagine him single handedly brought 2chain to this country

My attempt at comprehending your post failed.

4 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by drestoneokuta(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2013
Indifferent:
thats 16 times at a go before the verse.
The point is He repeated that statement "take banana till u go yo" 72 tyms in a 4 minutes track (weather before or after each verse, prelude or whatever!!!) Who does that?!!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by UyiIredia(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2013
I TOTALLY disagree with the OP's point. I like D'Prince (think 'Goody Bag' and 'Take Banana') right from his 'Omoba' single, the dude is fast becoming known for his catchy musical innuendos. I like Dr Sid (His first album was definitely over 60% in my rating) not heard from him recently tho'. I like Tiwa Savage who is the main star in the crew (seriously I shouldn't even argue Tiwa Savage 'Without My Heart' was great). Wande Coal is cool IMO ('The Kick' was cool and the video had mad 'attractions' but I don't really fancy it). In all the artists MOST CERTAINLY not wack and if so D'Banj must be a nobody.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Toecynne(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2013
Indifferent: Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it
lwkmd.. U took cencus.. U bad o
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by UyiIredia(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2013
dre stone okuta:
The point is He repeated that statement "take banana till u go yo" 72 tyms in a 4 minutes track (weather before or after each verse, prelude or whatever!!!) Who does that?!!

Only D'Prince cool Tho' I'll laff if you dance to Wizkid's Azonto because the dude came close to repeating a chorus for most part of the freestyle.

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by rfams: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2013
life_style: Marvin records should sign durella.

If Duralla is bein signed into marvin crew, his swags wil over shadow the rest of d Marvin crew.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2013
Question of the Year. If Dbanj was still with Don Jazzy will Don Jazzy be selling Loya Milk?
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by UyiIredia(m): 9:03am On Aug 01, 2013
elebiola: @ op and the rest haters

Dr. sid just moved to his own house in lekki 1;focusing on his next album and has just dropped 3 singles. Tiwa is being endorsed by mtn, pepsi and others,her album is a hit;take it or leave it. Wande coal, is coming up with is album soon, he gave u d kick,rotate,sexellency,my way and you hypocrites danced and spent your hard earned monies in clubs and show to enjoy them, D'prince.. even if he's not so successful as an artist, he has delivered quite well with his so called rubbish; goody bag,banana,give it to me and co. Don jazzy.. as a producer has made more money you likes can dream about, selling loya,making themes for samsung electronics,lives in nicon estate,drives the choice cars you and even your folks dream about,still collecting royalties from all the songs he has produced.... Haba, define your definition of being successful. D'banj and his crew are doing well, making hits and money. Traveling to places you dream about and smacking the things you fantasize about.

Seriously... Let me give you my 2 cents; Face your hustle and make something meaningful out of life. What you call problem is no where what this people call issues. For now,they are made, gone their own separate ways and moving on, hang out with each other when the need arises and you are here using panadol for their supposed headache. Get a life;they have made theirs, stop using your free etisalat or glo mb to follow them on instagram or twitter and be commenting on what is not... awon e leyi ti se corner, eyin yin sun.

Gbam ! End of story.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2013
Scarpon: most important thing is their are getting paid
nd gettin' laid 2.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by rfams: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Niggmatic: It's only in Nigeria that producers are being compared with the singers/rappers
No wonder we keep getting artistes that only talk on beat while claiming that they singing/rapping
Nonsense

Are you referring to Badoo? Mind ur words.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2013
Pls Don Jazzy boot lickers answer the question
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 01, 2013
U na get time for useless talk ooo.... why u na no wan make dis people rest na? you are there talking and they are there making their Cool Cash... you don see Dr Sid's New Mansion For Lekki abi u na never see am? No they look the picture only try pass infront of the mansion for Lekki to know what's up.... they are there making their money we are here doing the talking all the time..... make u na sit down for there dey talk while your mate dey Hustle and Make Cool Cash
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by ibdeals1(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2013
Tassemb

I haven't seen a new generation artiste that is talented, now explain what ko duro soke by olamide means,that senseless d prince goody bag,p sqaure whacked alingo, and that nothing to write home about baddest boy by wizkid and other whacked songs like limpopo by iyanya and skibo by solid star,also tuface is not left out with his whacked implication song among others.and so much more,this guys are just performing and selling names and not music.i still wonder why All this songs still make it to nigeria 'should i say some categories of nigerian top favorite.

Is this because these categories of nigerians are left with no choice or what.

Now radio just have to play eminado by tiwa and the so call mavin group coz their is no choice.

Anyway,i am a fan of rap music,real rap if you know what i mean, GINO[b:

[/b]o really tried in his days,remember no be God "

Many People thought american rap musics 'are nonsense and coz of violent lyrics ,those who are really deep in hip hop will gain a lot if they take time to listen to this lyrics from the beginning to the end and understood. Shoutout to late ppimp c , i 20,tupac,jcole,nas,asap ferg,propain,kid ink,deuce, big krit, juvenile,bun b, three six mafia,mobb deep,chevy woods,lil wyte,tung twista,king LOS ,chopper city, rich boy,paul wall,shyst red, marquis q6,pete pablo, the game,butch cassidy,bone thugs,late proof ,dollar boy,wiz khalifa,camron giles, juelz santana,lil flip ,no limit master P ,benzino,daz and dellinger,lil zane, lil boosie,curren$y,young roddy,young dro ,young gunz, benie siegel,omilio sparks,........it goes on for those who are deep in HIP HOP, ya'll already know.

Where's Gino men n 3 six mafia n mehn I luv all tupacs song
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by vislabraye(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2013
Both of then have not really impressed.
I would have expected Dbanj to have gone higher dan dis.
Don J doesn't have big artistes left now dat WandE Cole wants to leave. But the Booty good he produced was good.
They both have to move on if dey want to. Don J, discover someone else.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Indifferent(m): 9:31am On Aug 01, 2013
iamdsam: D Prince should have continued rapping. He wasn't bad in rap then. If he continued, maybe he would have excelled just like Ice Prince
Yeah, there is this his song "ooze for my moni". That song wasn't bad, even Omoba
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Indifferent(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2013
Samurai Sam:

so you actually counted it
i counted it because the radio stations couldn't stay a second without playing it
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Indifferent(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2013
dre stone okuta:
and thats boring u know...
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Aksonman: 9:49am On Aug 01, 2013
[size=15pt]Has D'Banj released any song this year that was bigger and better than Wande Coal's ft Don Jazzy's-THE KICK? I guess not.
But I agree that D'Prince and Dr Sid should be flushed out. Don Jazzy should concentrate more on Tiwa and Wande IMO.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2013
ajasa4link: kswitch is that u?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 01, 2013
Zillight:
Reconcile?!?! Did I hear u say reconcile? They both seperaated d marriage on a bridge, took different parts and burnt d bridge, it wil only take a Miracle and Julius Berger 2 bring back such bridge.
guy! Go become columnist abeg,i go dey buy that multiple copies of the soft sell to read and share with friends just because of your writing skill.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by stylesco: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2013
ASUU please call of the strike so these children could go back to school.

People are making money you are talking trash.
D'banj ko Don Jazzy ni.

Btw.. I love D prince's songs.

Goody bag,omoba,ooze for my money is farrrrrrr better that oyato abi oyota and top of the world.

I'm sure these people beefing him are ofe mmanu's.
Stop hating.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dinachi(m): 10:16am On Aug 01, 2013
MAVIN RECORD IS DEAD! DON JAZZY PLS BE HUMBLE AND GO BACK TO D BANJ I AM SURE HE WILL TAKE YOU BACK AS ONE OF THE PRODUCERS IN DB RECORDS. BE HUMBLE, BEFORE YOU DESTROY YOUR ONCE FLEDGING CAREER!GOD USED D BANJ TO BLESS YOU BEFORE PLS GO BACK TO HIM YOUR BLESSING IS TIED TO HIM EXCEPT YOU WANT TO MAKE A CAREER IN MILK MARKETING SORRY HAWKING.
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by stylesco: 10:39am On Aug 01, 2013
dinachi: MAVIN RECORD IS DEAD! DON JAZZY PLS BE HUMBLE AND GO BACK TO D BANJ I AM SURE HE WILL TAKE YOU BACK AS ONE OF THE PRODUCERS IN DB RECORDS. BE HUMBLE, BEFORE YOU DESTROY YOUR ONCE FLEDGING CAREER!GOD USED D BANJ TO BLESS YOU BEFORE PLS GO BACK TO HIM YOUR BLESSING IS TIED TO HIM EXCEPT YOU WANT TO MAKE A CAREER IN MILK MARKETING SORRY HAWKING.

Shut that gutter up.
Did he beg you for money?
Advertising your moronic brain because of mtn free mb and techno phone.

You aint even fit to be his driver but you open that thing you call a mouth to advice him.
You think they (D'banj and Don jazzy) are as brainless and slow as yourself?
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Smile4luv(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2013
Indifferent: Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it

I downloaded the song, deleted it, downloaded it again for the love of "Mavin". Am still nt feeling the song
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 01, 2013
ajasa4link: kswitch is that u?
DAT ONE STILL DEY ALIVE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards / [Official Video] P-square - Chop My Money Remix feat. Akon & May D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.