Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,245 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15768 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

but that £18k still gets taxed. they pay council tax directly or indirectly and they don't rely on the benefits to get by.

these ones are actually the scroungers. they are the ones most likely to commit heinous crimes, depend largely on benefits and raise children like pigs.

so you think nigerians are worse than romanians? really? the romanians who practise the art of pocket-picking before coming to the UK. the romanians that have perfected the art of manipulating various cash points to siphon your money?

No, I don't think Nigerians are worse than the Eastern Europeans, very far from it.

I was trying to highlight Britain's headache. See, to understand what is going on here, we need to understand a bit about the EU treaty signed by the UK. As much as the UK would rather have hardworking tax paying Nigerians in its Economy, it is bound to cater to EU citizens first whether they be miscreants or revenue generating. The point here is that the UK must fulfil its obligations under the EU and in order to do so, it has to check the population of its people by going for the jugular of the third word countries. If it does not cut immigration from the countries outside the EU, by the time Romania becomes part of the EU and the Romanians head for the UK, the UK would become severely overpopulated and its infrastructures would be stretched.

I'm sure you would hate to see London turn to another Lagos, wouldn't you?

Whichever way we choose to see the UK, it is still an attractive destination for foreigners for its economic viability and generous health services. Until the UK gets rid of social welfare, it would continue to b seen as a soft touch for all migrants.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by geekinthelead: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
leunamme93:
I see you lack value and pride for being called a Nigerian. Just watch out for the Nigerians that will shake this world, and Yes, i know you will be gnashing your teeth then. Dont ever think you are better than anyone here because you are just giving the privilege, you come here to rant all manner of rubbish. I don't want to insult you because you are a Nigerian, will always be and also to maintain the rules here in Nairaland. You see We Nigerians keep to rules and regulation.

shake the world how without light?? without power tongue tongue tongue fuey!! lets wait and see nah
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
leunamme93:
I see you lack value and pride for being called a Nigerian. Just watch out for the Nigerians that will shake this world, and Yes, i know you will be gnashing your teeth then. Dont ever think you are better than anyone here because you are just giving the privilege, you come here to rant all manner of rubbish. I don't want to insult you because you are a Nigerian, will always be and also to maintain the rules here in Nairaland. You see We Nigerians keep to rules and regulation.

don't feed a troll suffering from an identity crisis.......if you investigate his background, my £10 says he was conceived on a yam stall in onitsha market. grin

Desola:
No, I don't think Nigerians are worse than the Eastern Europeans, very far from it.

goodie!

I was trying to highlight Britain's headache. See, to understand what is going on here, we need to understand a bit about the EU treaty signed by the UK. As much as the UK would rather have hardworking tax paying Nigerians in its Economy, it is bound to cater to EU citizens first whether they be miscreants or revenue generating. The point here is that the UK must fulfil its obligations under the EU and in order to do so, it has to check the population of its people by going for the jugular of the third word countries. If it does not cut immigration from the countries outside the EU, by the time Romania becomes part of the EU and the Romanians head for the UK, the UK would become severely overpopulated and its infrastructures would be stretched.

of course, i understand their pain and let's be honest, they are about the only country in the world that can tolerate the abuse of their immigration laws. nigeria will not even tolerate 1% of what the brits have taken all these years....

however, they need to be careful about how they go about these policies. the only solution in my own opinion is to give amnesty to the illegal immigrants. if they are all allowed to work, they would pay tax and that should cushion the effect on the pressure on the public funds.

boris johnson isn't stüpid when he called for this amnesty move but these brits are too intransigent. obama is about to give amnesty to the goons in the US. spain, france, etc have all given amnesty - why is britain so stubborn?

I'm sure you would hate to see London turn to another Lagos, wouldn't you?

it can never be lagos - the policing and the organisation is quite advanced.

Whichever way we choose to see the UK, it is still an attractive destination for foreigners for its economic viability and generous health services. Until the UK gets rid of social welfare, it would continue to b seen as a soft touch for all migrants.

very very attractive destination. just before the fasting began. arabs poured into knightsbridge....they all flew their sport cars with them to show off in london. heaven knows how much those kids spent in that short period.

that social welfare issue is another matter - what about the vulnerables? disableds? etc?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Areaboy2(m): 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

aww...wait, let me throw you a banana.

You are now trollin and have completely lost what you were arguing about. You think so low of Africans probably due to where you live in the UK. shame.

Now go back to work and quit displaying your ignorance on a public forum
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2013
MAYOWAAK: For any Nigerian desperate to migrate to the UK -and will do so illegally- the £3000 bond is a only a small hurdle.

Nigerians will make all the noise on social media but will eventually pay.

Besides, those who can afford the sum easily are not the ones who will become illegal immigrants.

Those who cannot afford it are the ones who will lose it.

Yes, Nigeria is that badly screwed.

fact!

However, remember that it is not show me the money and I let you in. There are still hurdles to scale in requirements and meeting the rules. It isn't going to be easy, I tell ya. The UK is trying to make room for its EU citizens. That is their priority and not the wad of cash from Nigerians. It has gone beyond money now but about loosening the noose placed around its neck by the EU. A voluntary noose, though.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by leunamme93(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

don't feed a troll suffering from an identity crisis.......if you investigate his background, my £10 says he was conceived on a yam stall in onitsha market. grin
I taught you can do better than this. #Smh
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by towieboy: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nigerians are very funny, when it's time for us to come together, thats when we look for an opportunity to exhibit the "I'm better than you" syndrome. We have a lot to learn from the Asians. Smh undecided
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Area_boy:

You are now trollin and have completely lost what you were arguing about. You think so low of Africans probably due to where you live in the UK. shame.

Now go back to work and quit displaying your ignorance on a public forum

If you believe that I am in the UK, then you'll believe anything. I do not think lowly of Africans, I want Africans to take its seat in the pride of nations and stop wasting good money trying to get into countries they are not really wanted!

Take pride in yourselves!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Having an influx of economic migrants who can seldom secure an 18k per annum job isn't exactly wise business move, is it?

Moreover, the UK has too look out for its EU citizens first before worrying its head about third world countries. They have their own third world EU citizens in Romania and most East European countries to worry about.

Why waste time on those who would put hard labour on their free NHS and social benefits. That's what the polish, romanians and other Eastern Europeans are there for.

But, come on, those days are long gone. It is now virtually impossible to arrive off a 747 to a life on benefits in the UK. While I perfectly understand your point about those predestined to occupy low-income groups, I am not sure the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) - which has Vince Cable in the pocket - would agree they need to be regarded as a menace.

My view is that migrants of colour get maligned unjustly, because they tend to congregate mostly in big cities.
Naturally, much of this has to do with the notion of "safety in numbers", as there are still huge swaths of Ukaria that remain inhospitable to folks of a darker hue. Whereas Poles, Latvians, and other newly arriving migrant groups can take over towns like Lincoln and not attract unwanted scrutiny, you know well enough that the same cannot be said about our own people.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
I don't even know what to say with the way insults are flying around on this thread

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 9jauk: 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
I'M CHILLING ON MY recliner Sofa, laughing loudly dem, the whole scenario is lika war between Nigerians in Diaspora and Eh go better Gidi crew, wtfffff ain't relocating to that bleeped up crook nation, govern my looters, absolute Jokers!!!

If Uk govt demand for £10, 0000 per trip I support it, Oyinbos are so organised, they simply think n reason like human being...less I forget thank God I grabbed my stay, lol

3 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

But, come on, those days are long gone. It is now virtually impossible to arrive off a 747 to a life on benefits in the UK. While I perfectly understand your point about those predestined to occupy low-income groups, I am not sure the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) - which has Vince Cable in the pocket - would agree they need to be regarded as a menace.

My view is that migrants of colour get maligned unjustly, because they tend to congregate mostly in big cities.
Naturally, much of this has to do with the notion of "safety in numbers", as there are still huge swaths of Ukaria that remain inhospitable to folks of a darker hue. Whereas Poles, Latvians, and other newly arriving migrant groups can take over towns like Lincoln and not attract unwanted scrutiny, you know well enough that the same cannot be said about our own people.

spot on, mate!

nigerians are generally loud. even if they move to isle of wight, they would soon attract the attention of their neighbours. loud parties, exotic cars, etc. a nigerian working as a postman is dreaming of owning a porsche cayenne a month after gaining his royal mail employment.....and he's illegal o.....

geekinthelead:
A troll he might be who is better educated, makes more money and lives a better life than you or your father before you and his father before him!...tongue tongue tongue

my dog lives a far comfortable life than a homoerotic nuisance like yourself and he doesn't even eat more than 2 square meals because of it's tendency to be overweight!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Today, I read of a Nigerian woman who has now won her fight to stay in the UK after arriving the UK for medical treatment for her kidney illness. Her claim was that she would not get such treatment in Nigeria and may die. Guess what, she has been receiving treatment since she arrived at the expense of the British tax payer. How about the woman who had triplets or was it sextuplets some few years ago, while on holiday (even though she was 9 months pregnant on her arrival). Rather than pay her hospital bills, she resorted to fighting to stay in the UK to care for her newborns as she said she would be unable to do so in Nigeria. These are but a few instances. I am sure that examples of Nigerians taking ill advantage of the UK's free health services abound.

Now, tell me, how do such people contribute positively to the UK?

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Pataki: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is Pataki.

I totally approve of the UKBA Home Office bond rule. cool

If you have no legal/legitimate business in that country, don't bother going there.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Today, I read of a Nigerian woman who has now won her fight to stay in the UK after arriving the UK for medical treatment for her kidney illness. Her claim was that she would not get such treatment in Nigerian and may die. Guess what, she has been receiving treatment since she arrived at the expense of the British tax payer. How about the woman who had triplets or was it sextuplets some few years ago, while on holiday (even though she was 9 months pregnant on her arrival). Rather than pay her hospital bills, she resorted to fighting to stay in the UK to care for her newborns as she said she would be unable to do so in Nigeria. These are but a few instances. I am sure that examples of Nigerians taken the UK's free health services abound.

desola, UKBA recoups that money from the visa fees they charge nigerians in lagos. isn't the british high commission in lagos the busiest in the world? the fees are non-refundable. common mistakes like forgetting to sign application forms make the application invalid and the fees are eaten!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by philips70(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Can you prove any of your assertions?

I don't believe you. You are Nigerian, aren't you? wink

I do not really need to give proofs here. All I tell you is the skill level of Nigerians have greatly soared over the years. They now work under us the way we were used to only work under them. This is a fact, not a brag. Am typing on top an FPSO offshore Ghana at the moment where am leading a pack of 16 Italians on a project with 2 of my other Nigerian colleagues. Like I told you, this is where I work- a company where a field engineer is a field engineer irrespective of your color. And yes am a full blooded Naija resident in Naija. We all are not happy with the Nigerian situation but I took exception on your speech about our skill level which actually have greatly improved.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by sobaemma(m): 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
is this cameron punishment for us because we refuse gay?i doubt cus if it were it the south africa,ghana,kenya and others will have be included,hmmmm,it an insult to nigeria as the giant of africa,insult to nigeria as the ecowas leader,and more insult as one of the p5 in a.u,i wish it can be an eye open to my government,cus if its citizens are ok,no reason will they look for greener pastures
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
sobaemma: is this cameron punishment for us because we refuse gay?i doubt cus if it were it the south africa,ghana,kenya and others will have be included,hmmmm,it an insult to nigeria as the giant of africa,insult to nigeria as the ecowas leader,and more insult as one of the p5 in a.u,i wish it can be an eye open to my government,cus if its citizens are ok,no reason will they look for greener pastures

ghana, south africa and india were included......

Pataki: This is Pataki.
I totally approve of the UKBA Home Office bond rule. cool

If you have no legal/legitimate business in that country, don't bother going there.

they should apply the policy to every non-EU country.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
philips70:

I do not really need to give proofs here. All I tell you is the skill level of Nigerians have greatly soared over the years. They now work under us the way we were used to only work under them. This is a fact, not a brag. Am typing on top an FPSO offshore Ghana at the moment where am leading a pack of 16 Italians on a project with 2 of my other Nigerian colleagues. Like I told you, this is where I work- a company where a field engineer is a field engineer irrespective of your color. And yes am a full blooded Naija resident in Naija. We all are not happy with the Nigerian situation but I took exception on your speech about our skill level which actually have greatly improved.

...and i'm meant to believe you on a faceless forum because you're Mahatma Gandhi?

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Mickeywilliams(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
What is this thread turning into?a racist thread! Your comments are vexatious and i think you need some moral schooling or i guess ya don't have 1 over there.smiley.Cancer infested country.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

desola, UKBA recoups that money from the visa fees they charge nigerians in lagos. isn't the british high commission in lagos the busiest in the world? the fees are non-refundable. common mistakes like forgetting to sign application forms make the application invalid and the fees are eaten!

That is not a reasonable excuse my friend.

They make that money because Nigerians are stup1d and not because they con Nigerians out of their funds.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by philips70(m): 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

...and i'm meant to believe you on a faceless forum because you're Mahatma Gandhi?

undecided undecided undecided ...no basket for rotten mangoes. Go ask from your British friends if they work for Nigerians now.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
guys, relax now. i no fit talk.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Today, I read of a Nigerian woman who has now won her fight to stay in the UK after arriving the UK for medical treatment for her kidney illness. Her claim was that she would not get such treatment in Nigeria and may die. Guess what, she has been receiving treatment since she arrived at the expense of the British tax payer. How about the woman who had triplets or was it sextuplets some few years ago, while on holiday (even though she was 9 months pregnant on her arrival). Rather than pay her hospital bills, she resorted to fighting to stay in the UK to care for her newborns as she said she would be unable to do so in Nigeria. These are but a few instances. I am sure that examples of Nigerians taking ill advantage of the UK's free health services abound.

I can do even better than this, by reeling out examples of other cases that never featured in the print media.
But then, a valid question is; how typical are these experiences?

As I have previously illustrated on these boards, Nigerians and migrants of colour are statistically fewer in number than the red tops (the popular press) would often have people believe. For me, this is the larger context.
Why is it always convenient to exaggerate the extent of the problem just to vilify particular groups?

Now, lest I be misunderstood, I am not in any way suggesting that some of the vitriol Nigerians attract is not well earned. coogar put it nicely in his depiction which I have copied in below.

nigerians are generally loud. even if they move to isle of wight, they would soon attract the attention of their neighbours. loud parties, exotic cars, etc. a nigerian working as a postman is dreaming of owning a porsche cayenne a month after gaining his royal mail employment.....and he's illegal o.....
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

ghana, south africa and india were included......

they should apply the policy to every non-EU country.

Nope, it shouldn't be applied to the U.S for instance because they have no reason to come and settle there in their numbers. Their economy is relatively better. New Zealand, Canada and Australia should not be checked because they are part of the British Kingdom. All other countries with low migration into the UK need not be affected either.

It's people like us who scream poverty, yet have money to apply for visas multiple times despite refusal who should face the brunt. If the UK is so bad, why do we want to go there at all cost if not to take advantage of something? That is the logic. We go to the UK claiming to be visitors yet we have our children there, we go for unplanned and uninsured treatments which tab would have to be picked by the British government. Abeg its a no brainer. Nigeria deserves the treatment it receives anywhere in the world!

If we can't put our house in order, we should not complain of unfairness if others would stop us from coming to put their houses in a mess too.

Na so.

6 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
chineke, this gold don finish me oh. over 1000 pips. kai forex no good oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$2 Billion Abacha Loot: Gov Bagudu, Wife File Suit To Claim Seized Funds In Us / Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office / Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.