Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" (14057 Views)

Melaye Threatens To Beat James Manager - Sahara Reporters / Fayose Buys Handicapped Woman A Wheelchair (Photos) / Oyibo Man Enters LASTMA Bike To Beat Traffic On Ikorodu Road [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Tasma: 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
Beaf:

Read all my posts without preconceptions and you will find that there are far more similarities than differences in our positions. The bolded sentence above, neatly sums up my position. I have given examples of scientists involved in the occult, not because I believe they felt that their findings were occultic, but because they were inquisitive enough to get close to practioners to find causes and explanations; not sit high up somewhere condemning others.

I said in earlier post that I am neither religious nor supersticious, so I am as far as can be from promotion of such. Rather I got into this argument because someone called me an idiot in so many words; all because I witnessed an event (details still undisclosed). I hold that modern physics does not preclude the possibilty of any form of transmutation, in fact there are numerous equations and topics to back it up; I challenge anyone to prove ortherwise.

Intelligence is not wisdom, one is innate, the other acquired. The wisest person is the one that can say "I really don't know, I would like to learn".

Phenomena that seem out of this World are not impossible for that reason.

Sorry I don't think our positions are similar. A scientist may move close to an occultic person because he seeks a scientific explanation for something he may have seen the occultist do. A similar example would be seeking for the active medical substance in "dongoyaro" that cures malaria. The key part here is that the event must have been properly and acceptably observed first by a none biased person i.e. a doctor would have observed a couple of people with malaria chewing the dongoyaro plant and recovering soon after. Hence some "eye-witness" accounts of a cat turning into a human would not pass. What would pass would be the same process being repeated in front of a scientific crew where any chance of cheap visual trickery has been eliminated. Again I would urge you to read the ending part of my last post. I've copied it below for you.

"Lastly you gotta remember that we were colonized by the English, Spanish, French etc in Africa. Do you honestly believe they would have witnessed animals turning into human beings, charms to repel bullets, money making charms and so on and simply ignored this "technology" and gone back to the painstaking scientific work they do. Or is that they did not witness any of this happenings in the decades they lived in Africa?"
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Afam(m): 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2009
tunnytox:

I'll never believe such stories,  cat turns to a woman! if you believe that then you'll believe there's father xmas!

1. No one is being forced to believe anything.

2. One can believe that without believing there's father xmas.

3. Whether anyone believes that diabolical things do happen or not does not change the fact that they do happen. This is the core of the issue.

My worry here is that we block our minds to learning simply because we think we know or understand everything around us.

There is nothing wrong in admitting that we don't know something or can't imagine that something is possible.

But to categorically state that something is impossible based on our own personal experience runs contrary to what I believe an educated mind is capable of doing. Challenge inertia, question issues, seek knowledge and if time permits delve into the unknown.

As far back as 3 years ago when inverters were not common in Nigeria a client who had a locally made inverter setup by my people told me he was shocked at what he heard the day I met with him.

He went for a presentation somewhere and told them that the inverter backup system in his office lasts for up to 3 days and this system supports all the necessary equipment necessary to run the company's business - ISP. A professor with electrical/electronics background got up, interrupted him and told him that there is no inverter backup system that can last for 3 days. He even asked people to come and visit his office to see for themselves.

I told him that he should remember that a referee in a football match cannot do more than his understanding of the relevant rules even as stipulated by FIFA in any given match. Obviously, the professor had relied on all he read in text books especially based on deployments in foreign lands where backup systems are setup for emergency situations that may last a few hours.

As far as the professor is concerned the client was lying but the funny thing was that as far as the client was concerned the professor was a complete embarrassment to the engineering profession.

My point is that it is better and safer to claim that you are not aware or that you don't think something is possible not that something is impossible simply because you have not been able to prove or witness that thing.

Free your mind and learn. Things are usually not what they seem.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Tasma
You need to read the thread from the beginning.

This is the exact thing I said that brought unkind words from Jakumo;
beaf: What if a whole hostel of burden house students witnesses that sort of metamorphosis. Not just once, but several times in a single night? Would you say they were all crazy?

I have found it difficult to comment, because I do not know the true events at the accident in question.
But I and a whole hostel of other students witnessed something similar. I am a rational person who does not want to believe it. Also. I have played back the events of that night over and over in my mind, looking for an explanation, trying to deny it; but I fucking saw it happen over and over. I saw many things in that school.

There are things we cannot explain; indeed, anyone thinking otherwise is a fool.

I believe I have not even mentioned the word cat (until now) in this thread.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Afam - Thanks for that concise reply. cool
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by ikeyman00(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2009
@@@@@@

if a cat can turn into a woman; nigeria wahala is solved

afam; hmmm
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by shotster50(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2009
Africans and their superstitious beliefs. Until we let go of this unseen force holding us down, until we are able to actually use our brains to reason, we will always be the butt of every joke.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 12:11am On Oct 15, 2009
^^^^It's the other way round dummy.
U think the US does not believe in superstition
You are wrong mate!
More than 20 secret research is being conducted on pyshic power and stuff like that
Some years ago, some popular diviners were secretly taking for a study in US
They took 20 people from different countries including Nigeria,
And tried to find out the principle behind their actions
But they never fail because they keep trying
In fact, I don't know why we think whites are better than us,
I believe soon enough we'll be better than them cool
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by bawomolo(m): 12:23am On Oct 15, 2009
lightwalk:

^^^^It's the other way round dummy.

More than 20 secret research is being conducted on pyshic power and stuff like that

The research is secret but somehow you know 20 of them is going on?

shotster50:

Africans and their superstitious beliefs. Until we let go of this unseen force holding us down, until we are able to actually use our brains to reason, we will always be the butt of every joke.

the president of gambia can cure aids with his juju. stop hating.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2009
^^^those who are in always know. When the man told me I wanted to confirm it myself. So I downloaded some ebooks you wouldn't like to know, and did a little good research. I only call it secret because many don't know. Haven't you heard the american government deny the existence of Area 51, but today it's more common than ever. And to those who don't know, it's simply a delusion grin wink
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Jakumo(m): 5:23am On Oct 15, 2009
lightwalk:

^^^those who are in always know. When the man told me I wanted to confirm it myself. So I downloaded some ebooks you wouldn't like to know, and did a little good research. I only call it secret because many don't know. Haven't you heard the american government deny the existence of Area 51, but today it's more common than ever. And to those who don't know, it's simply a delusion grin wink

Now then, Lighthead, let us try to follow your reefer and gin-bottle logic here for a moment.   Correct me if I am wrong, but are you announcing that the existence of secret US military aircraft test facilities in the Nevada desert somehow vindicate this hysterically funny theory you nurse that you or any of your imaginary friends can change into a puddy-cat at will ?

Please be advised that we are NOT talking about EATING puddy-cat here, but about CHANGING into one.  On that premise, could you kindly enlighten us as to how your species transformation abilities are facilitated by the existence of Area 51, Groom Lake and Dreamland, those ultra-secret US military installations.   Are you in fact an escaped test subject kitty-cat from one of the more esoteric experiments conducted at those facilities ?

Enquiring minds want to know, so spill the beans, will you, Felix the Feline.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 5:31am On Oct 15, 2009
Now don't invite insults. Am pretty good at them and am not in the mood now.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Jakumo(m): 5:34am On Oct 15, 2009
Please don't be stingy with them insults, because I collect them for later use on other forums.

[size=14pt]I demand to be insulted, Felix the Feline.  NOW  ! [/size]
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by bawomolo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
lightwalk:

could you share some details of the research with us. Have they being able to recreate jujutechnologies in observable conditions?
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Abagworo(m): 4:04pm On Oct 15, 2009
shameful superstition
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Afam(m): 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
The original post on this thread stated this happened in Port Harcourt.

Now, who is the person that has brought "idiot Lagosians proceed to beat her" into this and changed all the subject to reflect this fraud?

This is why we are are having problems in Nigeria.

People lack common decency and would twist information and lie just to achieve a selfish aim.

Whoever changed the subject of this thread without paying attention to the original story should hide his/her head in shame big time!
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by ikeyman00(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2009
^^^^
i think u just have to accept that u could be stupid sometimes!

believe any jargon as u wish
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by slimghost(m): 4:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
He who doesnt believe in supernatural phenomenons must be a kid. I had my personnal experience which i'd love to keep 2 my self. as for the spiritual bulletproof, it exists, go to ikwerre and see for yourself. Its even in the Universities nowadays.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by MrCrackles(m): 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2009
Topic
LMFAO!
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2009
DEAD BEINGS!!! angry angry angry
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Afam(m): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
slimghost:

He who doesnt believe in supernatural phenomenons must be a kid. I had my personnal experience which i'd love to keep 2 my self. as for the spiritual bulletproof, it exists, go to ikwerre and see for yourself. Its even in the Universities nowadays.

Trust me most (if not all) of the people saying it does not exist will run away if asked to stake their position with people who will prove it to them.

I sincerely hope that they don't waste their lives in the course of trying to prove these things wrong.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by bidemi12(m): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
I saw Father Xmas once, and I'll never forget it.   I was aboard a translantic jet at 35 thousand feet in clear skies, and with a slight westerly wind, just off the coast of Newfoundland, in mid-winter.  I looked out the window after what must have been my 5th martini, and there, before my disbelieving eyes, was old Saint Nick himself, aboard his magic sleigh.   He was cruising at a brisk airspeed well in excess of 400 knots because his beard has bent backward in the slipstream, and his eyes were watery despite the ski goggles he was wearing.  I remember being rather upset at the way he kept flogging those reindeer to make them go faster, but he paid absolutely no attention to my frantic gesticulations that he give them a break.  I asked the pilot to turn left on an intercept heading of approximately 075 degrees, so I could get a better look at the old fart, and to my delight, I could clearly see, in his gunny sack of goodies, the distinct outline of at least two of the Raider's cheerleaders that I had repeatedly requested as Xmas presents during the preceding year.   Sensing an opportunity to take posession of the women right away, I asked for the landing lights to be illuminated, in the hopes of forcing Santa Klaus into an emergency descent towards at Gander Airport, which at the time was a mere 80 nautical miles due west. To cut a long story short, Santa took evasive action, climbing up in an inverted loop to bleed off airspeed, and then dropping out of sight in a classic barrel roll that took his sleigh down through a cumulo-nimbus cloud formation which suddenly appeared as if by magic.  Enraged by my pilot's inability to keep the bogey in sight, I asked for his resignation papers as soon as we were on terra firma, and to this day, I have refrained from ever travelling that particular route again, no matter the fuel savings.

@Jakumo   I do not believe i have laughed as hard as i have today over a post. I thought sagamite was good but you are up there with the legends. As i have adviced sagamite, you should at the very least consider comedy as an alternate career.  Winch ko, witch ni. Aids, cancer, in fact corruption is there to tackle and afam is talking about research into superstition. Poverty has killed us in Nigeria.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Afam(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
bidemi12:

@Jakumo   I do not believe i have laughed as hard as i have today over a post. I thought sagamite was good but you are up there with the legends. As i have adviced sagamite, you should at the very least consider comedy as an alternate career.  Winch ko, witch ni. Aids, cancer, in fact corruption is there to tackle and afam is talking about research into superstition. Poverty has killed us in Nigeria.

Referencing the content in bold are you sure you are better than those you may be referring to? Stick to the issues please. Ignorance is indeed a bad thing. I am still shocked to read from supposedly educated people claiming that spiritual things don't exist.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Jakumo(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2009
Great thanks to the mods for the very much more appropriate and truthful title given to this discussion topic. 

This sort of barbarity is routine on the streets of ALL Nigerian cities, nitpickers about geographic accuracy please note.  Pre-meditated felony murder, whether committed in secret or as part of a mob, goes by no other name, so the legal penalties should be commensurate with either variant of that same capital offence.

The federal government of Nigeria should offer cash rewards for anonymously submitted video footage in which mob murders are recorded, and from those images print "wanted" posters of all members of such crowds whose faces were identifyable during the commission of the cold-blooded lynchings, with a view to rounding them up for trial and the imposition of appropriate slammer time.  Nigerias's ongoing EPIDEMIC of un-penalized street murder MUST be brought to a stop, lest she forget any hope of being regarded as a nation that aspires to even the most basic tennets of civilized society.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by bidemi12(m): 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Afam   Spiritual things yes. Supersticious things?  undecided  And yes, It is only poverty that will warp another human being to believe that a woman can change into a cat in the twinkle of an eye. Instead of selling akara at a tender age, if one was knee deep in books i do not think one would have time for such folklore. You cannot tell my 5 year old son of this. What you will see is a blank look of incredulity on his face. what with phineas and ferb, elmo, zack and cody, sesame street, nintendo wii, superman, batman, spiderman, x-men, etc to help with his development. With all your belief in Majic why are we still backward socialy and otherwise?
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by illusion2: 6:29pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ii can't believe I read all the threads  . . . phew !

Really interesting comments/views  wink

1st I want to request we don't reduce disagreements to insults. . .just state your facts,back it up and refute mis-interpretations  smiley

2ndly,whoever changed the topic to insult Lagosians is a  goat    cheesy

3rdly Jakumo needs to pursue a career in comedy. . . he'll certainly give Ali baba & co a run for their money. . . . .  grin grin grin

Now my comments:

My initial reaction to the whole catwoman/okada story was understandably skeptical,however that doesn't remove from the fact that  JAZZ DEY !!

Someone asked ,how come these 'mysterious happenings ' have no modern day application. . . I'll ask you to think again. . . . ,  its in Africa we do not harness the power of the spiritual. . .the asians are the recent masters at this . .  .former infomation minister (& auchi man)Tony Momoh said (& I tend to agree) that nothing is invented rather things are DISCOVERED.

The Asians essentially download a lot of stuff from the spiritual realm.

And its not limited to Asians,please read about the life of Steve Jobs(Apple),Michael Jackson,Tiger Woods & a host of other 'western' scientists,entertainers etc. . .you'd be surprised the lengths they go to get 'spiritual' fortification.

I remember seeing my first ATM in Europe many years ago on a visit from Naija,the thing was like magicIi kept wondering,how it was possible to keep track of accounts etc. . . but right now its commonplace.

When we were younger,my mum always warned us not to ease ourselves anyhow as 'evil' peeps could harm us by putting stuff in in the passed urine/faeces etc. . . . . . .,I always felt this was gross superstition. . . we all now know your waste products carry your genetic make-up,who knows what further studies on this will yield in the future??

The point I'm making is. . . a lot of stuff's out there,our not knowing about it,or accepting it doesn't remove from the fact that it does exist.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by bawomolo(m): 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2009
The Asians essentially download a lot of stuff from the spiritual realm.

examples of this?
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2009
Man's greatest potential remains a prisoner of man. Vast untapped mental capabilities create an entirely new battlefield dimension which, if ignored, pose a threat to self and country more serious than nuclear weapons. This threat starts from within. Our fears and cynical attitudes towards psychic capabilities make us our own worst enemies

Col. Dolan M. McKelvy, USAF report "Psychic Warfare: Exploring the Mind Frontier," 1988

http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?%20&verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA202099
Google cached version http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:A5bpJAZGZpYJ:stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai%3F%2520%26verb%3DgetRecord%26metadataPrefix%3Dhtml%26identifier%3DADA202099+Psychic+Warfare:+Exploring+the+Mind+Frontier&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

That is from the US Airforce. There are phenomena we cannot explain, but are being actively researched by advanced countries. No one is laughing in those labs

Here is the full abstract of this US document.
Abstract : Man's greatest potential remains a prisoner of man. Vast untapped mental capabilities create an entirely new battlefield dimension which, if ignored, pose a threat to self and country more serious than nuclear weapons. This threat starts from within. Our fears and cynical attitudes towards psychic capabilities make us our own worst enemies. The Soviets, on the other hand, take psychic research very seriously at all levels, particularly for its military application. Exploring the mind frontier is essential and the key to successful exploration is a greater psychic awareness. The mind is rich in unfathomed resources ripe for exploration, a limitless source of treasures for advancing all mankind, and a serious threat to those who ignore its potential. We must overcome our psychic inhibitions, stop denying the existence of paranormal events, and start trying instead to understand the nature of these phenomena. We must shed the super secret cloaks and educate our leaders at all levels on the real psi military potentials and threats so we can adequately focus and prioritize national resources. (sdw)

[size=14pt]Hello! That was sanctioned by the US govt! The very same one worshiped by some here for being what they call "rational".[/size]
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2009
Search this Website for more wild stuff from the US govt. Hint; use terms like "paranormal", "psychic" etc. http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/search/tr/
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2009
Here is yet another abstract from: http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/search/tr/
Abstract : The experimental investigations in psychobiophysics, which have been performed for thirty years with always increasing refinement of the research instruments, are to explore some manifestations of the human psychism by a surprise attack on the spot; they have led to the detection of electromagnetic phenomena which irradiate from the human brain in correlation to particular functional cerebro-psychic conditions, and, more precisely, to stages of intense psychosensorial activity (oneirism, hallucinations, telepsychism). Oneirism is the peculiar psychic condition that is favorable to dreams, normal hallucinatory phenomena during the sleep and dream-like stages of the beginning sleep and of the reverie. As hallucinations, are designated as the morbid, especially visual phenomena of psychopaths and those provoked by certain drugs or by hypnotic suggestion. Telepsychism is defined as the whole gamut of subjective metapsychics (cryptesthesia, spontaneous or pragmatic; lucidity: clairvoyance: telepathy; rhabdomancy; radiesthesia; graphonomy; cartomancy; chiromancy).
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
Here is yet another abstract from: http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/search/tr/
Abstract : The experimental investigations in psychobiophysics, which have been performed for thirty years with always increasing refinement of the research instruments, are to explore some manifestations of the human psychism by a surprise attack on the spot; they have led to the detection of electromagnetic phenomena which irradiate from the human brain in correlation to particular functional cerebro-psychic conditions, and, more precisely, to stages of intense psychosensorial activity (oneirism, hallucinations, telepsychism). Oneirism is the peculiar psychic condition that is favorable to dreams, normal hallucinatory phenomena during the sleep and dream-like stages of the beginning sleep and of the reverie. As hallucinations, are designated as the morbid, especially visual phenomena of psychopaths and those provoked by certain drugs or by hypnotic suggestion. Telepsychism is defined as the whole gamut of subjective metapsychics (cryptesthesia, spontaneous or pragmatic; lucidity: clairvoyance: telepathy; rhabdomancy; radiesthesia; graphonomy; cartomancy; chiromancy).

It always falls on the black man to be whiter than white, more American than George Washington. . . Mental slavery is truely the ultimate incaceration.
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by Beaf: 8:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
This guy is a professor of physics (naturally grin) and a Nobel Laureate. shocked
http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/

He says;
Like those involved in the organisations referenced elsewhere on these pages, I have doubts as to whether our present orthodox science is as all-embracing as some would claim. For example, psychic phenomena (see relevant pages here; I will not try to argue in favour of the existence of such in these pages as people come to the subject with prejudices sufficiently strong as to make that not a useful activity) are currently believed by many to suggest that the hypothesis of the nonlocality of mind be taken seriously. Thanks to Bell, some forms of nonlocality have to be taken seriously in any event, and Fotini Pallikari-Viras and I have argued in a Foundations of Physics paper that the two nonlocalities may be connected (Valentini (reference list) has come to similar conclusions).

But let us leave this delicate issue and look in a more conventional domain. Niels Bohr over half a century ago raised the question "will the uncertainty principle interfere with our ability to see the mechanisms of life?". Delbruck replied (excuse the paraphrase) "Don't be silly, Niels, life is just chemistry and we'll soon understand it all!". Bohr retreated. How unfortunate! Up to a point, yes, biology can be understood in terms of chemistry and classical physics. But at all levels? In physics, subtle quantum effects occur that can't be understood in such terms; why should biosystems be immune?
http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/mm/articles/PM.html

Let lesser minds smirk and pee themselves. . .
Re: Okada Woman Calls A Woman A Cat After Hitting Her. Idiot Lagosians Proceed To Beat Her Until She "Confesses" by lightwalk(m): 9:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
@Beaf, why you dey trouble yourself? Leave this folks, When the beating changes, the dance does too.
The topic has changed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Murtala Muhammad's Face And Name Should Be Removed From Naira And Airport / 23 Nigerian States Exceed Borrowing Limits – FRC [VIDEO] / 'Buhari Can't Be Bullied' - Garba Shehu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.