Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570676 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2018
krattoss:
please when is 4g coming to owerri?

Hi krattoss, please visit https://mtncoveragelocator.com/ for MTN 4G LTE Coverage areas.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:41am On Oct 04, 2018
maasoap:

Please, is MTN 4G network available in Osogbo, Osun State?

Hi maasoap, please visit https://mtncoveragelocator.com/ for MTN 4G LTE Coverage areas.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2018
JideSM:

Hi krattoss, please visit https://mtncoveragelocator.com/ for MTN 4G LTE Coverage areas.
i know it ain't yet in Owerri.. Am asking when is it coming?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2018
krattoss:
i know it ain't yet in Owerri.. Am asking when is it coming?

You will be notified once it is available. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2018
I've been receiving messages from MTN. I'm on Beta talk. I've been receiving messages telling me my "last session was bla bla bla" the messages are incessant, more than 500 so far. Please help. My number is 08107804108
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by maasoap(m): 3:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
JideSM:

Hi maasoap, please visit https://mtncoveragelocator.com/ for MTN 4G LTE Coverage areas.

I checked that map several times and I didn't understand it. What is so difficult for MTN about listing the cities with mtn 4G? What is so difficult about you helping me out? Una just like to dey send someone on wild goose chase
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:51am On Oct 05, 2018
maasoap:

I checked that map several times and I didn't understand it. What is so difficult for MTN about listing the cities with mtn 4G? What is so difficult about you helping me out? Una just like to dey send someone on wild goose chase

So sorry for the inconvenience maasoap, MTN 4G LTE is ONLY available in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2018
Betmaster3:
I've been receiving messages from MTN. I'm on Beta talk. I've been receiving messages telling me my "last session was bla bla bla" the messages are incessant, more than 500 so far. Please help. My number is 08107804108

Hi Betmaster3, i'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide the full content of the sms you received. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JBmarz(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2018
Good Day... I heard our mtn issues would b resolved here as fast as possible.

Soo... I've been subscribing to the MTN 5GB sme data plan for a while now. And its really annoying how u guys zap my credit wenever I turn on my data.

This is my major line.. Been using it for close to 8 years now. It would b insane to hv 2 mtn lines on one fone, one for calls nd d other for data.

If there's anyway u can stop this credit zapping plz do so immediately. I'm on d beta plan package, nd u guys zap both my bonuses and actual credit wen I've got 5GB data staring at me right in my face.
This is my number... 07036197822.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2018
I need MTN Postpaid SIM ASAP.

What is the cost and documents needed?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2018
JBmarz:
Good Day... I heard our mtn issues would b resolved here as fast as possible.

Soo... I've been subscribing to the MTN 5GB sme data plan for a while now. And its really annoying how u guys zap my credit wenever I turn on my data.

This is my major line.. Been using it for close to 8 years now. It would b insane to hv 2 mtn lines on one fone, one for calls nd d other for data.

If there's anyway u can stop this credit zapping plz do so immediately. I'm on d beta plan package, nd u guys zap both my bonuses and actual credit wen I've got 5GB data staring at me right in my face.
This is my number... 07036197822.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hello, checks has been made on your line and I confirmed that no irregular deduction took place on your line. However, if you have a date you experienced the deductions, kindly share so as to check further.

Hello, checks has been made on your and confirmed no irregular deduction took place on your line. However, if you have a date you experienced the deductions, kindly share so as to check further.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
PietraK:
I need MTN Postpaid SIM ASAP.

What is the cost and documents needed?

Hi Pietrak, you will need the following details below to be able to acquire a postpaid line.

1. Valid ID card
2. Utility bill
3. Passport photograph
4. official letter from your company if you are attached to a company.
5. Personal infomation.

Visit the office and you will be able to get the postpaid line. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by maasoap(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
JideSM:

Hi softy, apologies for the inconvenience. I've forwarded your reported issue to the support unit. I'll give you feedback once resolved. Regards

Okay, I recharged this line this morning and mtn gave me N500 bonus to call and N1,500 bonus to browse. I browsed for few minutes and I realised that my N100 in the main account had been deducted.
I called 180 to complain and I was told that I browsed with the line which I replied the that I browsed with my bonus for data. I still have bonus for calling and browsing. Pls, help me return my N100.
2348165402897. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2018
maasoap:

Okay, I recharged this line this morning and mtn gave me N500 bonus to call and N1,500 bonus to browse. I browsed for few minutes and I realised that my N100 in the main account had been deducted.
I called 180 to complain and I was told that I browsed with the line which I replied the that I browsed with my bonus for data. I still have bonus for calling and browsing. Pls, help me return my N100.
2348165402897. Thanks

Hi, thank you for your post. Checks done show that the airtime was deducted and credited into the bonus account you received. The first recharge for the month is usually deducted in place of the Winback bonus you received. The bonus is valid for 3 months.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by maasoap(m): 5:25pm On Oct 15, 2018
JideSM:

Hi, thank you for your post. Checks done show that the airtime was deducted and credited into the bonus account you received. The first recharge for the month is usually deducted in place of the Winback bonus you received. The bonus is valid for 3 months.

I get it now. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by dambrown(f): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2018
Please my mtn sim has not been browsing for years now. I have done everything possible. I have called customer care and also gone to walk In centres. I came across this page on goggle. This is the number 07065888177.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by sadrezi(m): 3:16am On Oct 17, 2018
Hello. My phone number is 08066350438. I noticed my mb gets finished so fast these days. I have just used 2.5gig in few days.. How?? Mtn please check my data log and tell Me how I can use 1gig I bought yesterday for just one day. It's outrageous.. What did I browse...? Please I want to know because it's happening both on my line and that of my shop... It doesn't add up please
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Austeeenxx: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
Pls, I don't understand... I subscribed to the supposed mtn pulse #500 for 1gb then i realized the data is reducing simultaneously with the bonus. My phone number is 09064711897
Proof @ screenshot

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Parpor(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello JideSM, Good day. Hope You're doing good ?
I've been using My alternative MTN line (08036973431) for browsing for more than a year now. Of lately,My SME data have been wiped competely on two (2) occasions. The first was 3gb data about 2 months ago, and the second was 2gb data about 3 weeks ago.
Please how can this be resolved ? Note that My main line (07036895320) still have about 4994mb SME data intact. Thank You
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Remix10(m): 9:22pm On Oct 17, 2018
How can my SIM be 4G enabled, I currently reside in Lagos. My phone is 4G compatible anytime I want to switch my network goes off, Please help.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:53am On Oct 18, 2018
dambrown:
Please my mtn sim has not been browsing for years now. I have done everything possible. I have called customer care and also gone to walk In centres. I came across this page on goggle. This is the number 07065888177.

Hi dambrown, i'm truly sorry about your inability to browse. You currently have no active data bundle on the line. Kindly activate a data bundle plan so i can assist. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:01am On Oct 18, 2018
sadrezi:
Hello. My phone number is 08066350438. I noticed my mb gets finished so fast these days. I have just used 2.5gig in few days.. How?? Mtn please check my data log and tell Me how I can use 1gig I bought yesterday for just one day. It's outrageous.. What did I browse...? Please I want to know because it's happening both on my line and that of my shop... It doesn't add up please

Hi sadrezi, apologies for the inconvenience. Checks on your line show that you were billed according to your data usage. However, let me share with some data management tips

How to reduce data usage on Facebook
Go to Facebook app click the Facebook menu option
• Select App settings
• Select Auto-play
• Click ‘Never Auto-play Videos’ - The reason for selecting ‘Never Auto-play Videos’ is to stop Auto-play of videos while reading through the News feeds. The longer you spend on the News feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Facebook app automatically downloads every image on the page.

How to reduce data usage on Instagram.
• Go to Instagram app
• Select Profile
• Click on Menu Option
• Select Cellular Data Use
• Select Use Less Data. The reason for selecting ‘Use Less Data’ is to reduce the quality of videos and pictures. The longer you spend on the Story feeds, the higher your data consumption as the Instagram app automatically downloads every image on the page.

How to reduce data usage on WhatsApp.
• Go to WhatsApp
• Click on the Menu button
• Select Settings
• Click on Data Usage
• Under Media auto-download select “When using mobile data”
• Un-check the boxes then click ok - The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used in downloading every file received
• Under Call Settings check the box for low data usage - The reason for un-checking the boxes is to reduce the amount of data used while making WhatsApp call/video.

How to reduce data usage on Google Play.
• Go to Google Play
• Select the Menu button
• Click on Settings
• Under General, select Auto-update apps
• Select do not auto-update apps or Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only - When you select Do not auto-update apps, no app will be updated automatically. When you select Auto-update over Wi-Fi only, apps will automatically update once connected via Wi-Fi. In the event where you share data via MiFi/Hotspot connectivity, Auto-update app over Wi-Fi only should be switched to Do not auto-update apps.

How to turn off background data.
• From Menu go to Settings
• Select Data usage/Data Traffic management
• Click on the App
• Check the Restrict background data box - This will prevent apps from running on the background when the phone is not in use. However, once background data is switched off, notifications will not drop in real time and will be pending until the user accesses the app.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:20am On Oct 18, 2018
Austeeenxx:
Pls, I don't understand... I subscribed to the supposed mtn pulse #500 for 1gb then i realized the data is reducing simultaneously with the bonus. My phone number is 09064711897
Proof @ screenshot

Hi Austeeenxx, i apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced. You currently have 500MB main data and 213MB data bonus. Please dial *131*4# or send 2 to 131 to check your data bundle balance. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:23am On Oct 18, 2018
Remix10:
How can my SIM be 4G enabled, I currently reside in Lagos. My phone is 4G compatible anytime I want to switch my network goes off, Please help.

Hi Remix10, please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to upgrade your SIM to 4G LTE.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2018
Parpor:
Hello JideSM, Good day. Hope You're doing good ?
I've been using My alternative MTN line (08036973431) for browsing for more than a year now. Of lately,My SME data have been wiped competely on two (2) occasions. The first was 3gb data about 2 months ago, and the second was 2gb data about 3 weeks ago.
Please how can this be resolved ? Note that My main line (07036895320) still have about 4994mb SME data intact. Thank You

Hi Parpor, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please note the Sponsor's SME Data Share expiry date determines the Beneficiary's shared data validity. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Parpor(m): 12:53am On Oct 19, 2018
JideSM:

Hi Parpor, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please note the Sponsor's SME Data Share expiry date determines the Beneficiary's shared data validity. Regards
Data for my 2 lines were purchased on the same day from the same sponsor,which was on 22/09/2018. This has happened twice,that's why I brought the issue here.
Thanks for the reply.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Krak(m): 4:22am On Oct 19, 2018
JideSM:

If I want to port my SIM from glo to mtn how much does it cost, what documents do I need and what proceedures do I follow?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2018
Parpor:

Data for my 2 lines were purchased on the same day from the same sponsor,which was on 22/09/2018. This has happened twice,that's why I brought the issue here.
Thanks for the reply.

Hi Parpor, checks on your line show that the Shared SME data was exhausted 30th September 2018
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mikkylounge: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2018
Hello, I have been experiencing horribly poor browsing experience each time i activate a data bundle on my mtn line. I have complained a few times and it hasn't got any better. I have restarted my phone, turned off , removed and re-inserted my sim and it's still horrible. The network keeps fluctuating. what is going on? My phone number is 08032944126
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by lilclin(m): 10:32am On Oct 20, 2018
JideSM:

this bonus is a bloody scam... This is the second month I'm doing it and after using 200mb the 1.5gb bonus got zapped. I called customer care and was told that I've used up the 1.5gb in an hour when mtn network is very poor in my location .Daylight robbery.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Parpor(m): 12:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
JideSM:

Hi Parpor, checks on your line show that the Shared SME data was exhausted 30th September 2018

this can't be true. I just want the mysterious disappearance of my data to stop please.
Thank You Sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.