Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:50 AM

Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (60187 Views)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Fashola Replies GEJ. "Spend 5 Days In Chibok And You'll Know What Bondage Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by MomohLawal: 6:24am On Aug 02, 2013
2mch:

Why are you afraid of staying in Biafra eldorado Is it that you will be kidnapped or used for rituals and dumped in Ezu river Why are you afraid of asking your state governors to change. See Abia governor, stealing with impunity, yet you are obsessed with Fashola. Dont you have a big problem or you dont see it
is fashola not stealing. Who is a saint among the governor. The fact is fashola was wrong to have deport his fellow nigeria without due process. Why deporting them around 3am

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Awake9ja(m): 6:29am On Aug 02, 2013
Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola has accused his Anambra state counterpart of trying to politicise last week relocation of some destitutes to Onitsha with a view to making cheap political gains from such in the November 16 governorship election in the south east state.

Fashola who for the first time spoke on the issue while fielding questions from journalists after inspecting some on-going infrastructural projects in the state said “It is unfortunate that my colleague governor has made this a media issue. As I speak, I haven’t received any telephone call or letter from him to complain. And don’t think that is the way government works.

On less important matters like this, he had called me before.“This is a political season and Anambra will be up for contest. And in a political season, unusual things happen and perhaps we are living in an interesting time. And some of the evidence was when one sees two adults kissing on television, it tells you that something is afoot. And it is really important to say that our hospitality in Lagos state is legendary.

And it is a global legend that the people of Lagos state are hospitable people. And so is the present government of the state and previous administration”.“I think that there are large Igbo community in the state. And their presence is evident in Alaba with the Alaba International Market and the ASPAMDA market. And they are doing their business peacefully while the state government is working tirelessly to provide the required transport system, that will help improve the travel time and their businesses

.“There is too much at stake for anyone to begin to insight the Igbo community against their host state. There is too much at stake here. It is a very dangerous and unwarranted precedent. And I hope that common sense will prevail here. Also for those who are praying for blood should know that there is too much at risk here.

In all the ascertion from fashola it is easy to point out where he is going to land.
Am disappointed with fashola on this cheap political move, i thought gov fash is an inteligent man but this current action with his poor response here proves to me that God can really defend the poor and make the wise foolish onthe process.

The bolded is an unfurtunate summary from fashola and its a disgrace for that matter.
He repeated the word a lot is at stake here for 3 times why? There is more to his saying than meet the eye. I conclude he has a very bad and bitter intention on ibos.
What is at stake and risk mr. Fashola? Do you want to take their properties and markets etc? What is your next line of action against a nigeria group that does you no wrong. Too many yorubas maybe claping for you but bcus they habour hates and envy against the ibos yet does it justify your action.

The next line am taking now is the part of those ibos beating the drum of war?
As much as we all know and read no body has ever talk about war talk more of spiling blood over this matter from the ibo side or maybe this is also fasholas game to bring in thefulani and hausas into picture. As for us the middle beltan we can never join anybody again to kill the innocents.

Lets do theright thing and save ourself the fear of the unknown.
Fashola action is wickedness not just because ibos are envolved but because its unconstitutional, why send people back at the middle of the night and fump them at a unsecured areas.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by saoseun(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2013
InvertedHammer:

Old boy na Igbo people get Lagos. Forget all these omo onile abi wetin shakara omo Yoruba dey do.

If you enter Lagos for Xmas time when be say about 70% of Igbo people travel, you will understand.

Lagos is dry and as soon as Igbo people come back...Yoruba go dey hala Eko O ni baje because their messiahs are back
I dont know why you people will not always say the truth on this forum ..............
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by luvinhubby(m): 6:34am On Aug 02, 2013
dayokanu:

You believe Chipmunk AdaOBI can rattle anyone? Even his kids laff at his tiny Sisi Dodome voice

I heard his wifes voice is even thinker than his
It does'nt take rocket science to know that the Fashola has just painted the true picture of APC, intolerant tribalist & the media hype behind it will escalate it.

The courts will surely speak on this not Obi's voice.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by OneNaira6: 6:37am On Aug 02, 2013
This is his reply? In what way did it answer obi's accusation.

Did you deport igbos? yes/no. we get rubbish and sidetrack as reply
Did you deport non anambra and dump them in onitsha? yes/no. we get rubbish and sidetrack as a reply
Did you deport non igbos and dumped them in onitsha? yes/no. once more the reply gave no answer
Did you detained those deportees and gave them inhumane treatment for weeks, some months, like they accused you? yes/no. once more the reply gave no answer but trying to sidetrack accusation.
If you called and informed me of this deportees before you deported, kindly tell me when? once more the reply gave no answer but rubbish.

All this questions can be deducted from obi's speech and letter. you would think fashola would make an attempt to try to answer them. No, instead he spoke rubbish and tried to shift blame. Wow. The fact he tried to dodge each accusation and didn't even try to free himself of it or at least give the readers the benefit of a doubt, shows every accusation made on him by obi and the deportees are a fact. Wow. This is the man they keep yelling at us we should vote for as president. This is the man whose own party and his tribalistic people call GEJ a "retardee".
Tufiakwa. Okorocha, Igbokwe, Amaechi, Ngige, sadly Utomi may thunder fire una wherever una dey. May thunder and the holyghost fire snag una. This is the man you joined hands with. Tell us how it feels selling your souls to the devil. Wicked souls, excluding utomi (i know he's just confused right now).

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by biafranqueen: 6:40am On Aug 02, 2013
seanet01: I will very much appreciate if you can whip yourself out of this thread.
may your God continue to bless you and your family. I pray that everything you say will manifest in your life right here and right now. We pray one day your children and your children's children will live in a country where no hate and disease runs rampant. I pray that everything you write and say, you will be proud to show them, and prove to them that all you are doing is to make your bloodline continue to thrive in peace, joy and happiness! smiley Stay productive and remember that whatever you put out there always for sure.........

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 02, 2013
luvinhubby:
It does'nt take rocket science to know that the Fashola has just painted the true picture of APC, intolerant tribalist & the media hype behind it will escalate it.

The courts will surely speak on this not Obi's voice.
So after Fashola silencing Obi, u think the court will be foolish enough to copy the same thing Obi did.
Nna, the court cant allow Fashola show a mess of it, just like Fashola showed a mess of Obi.
The court is wiser than that.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by LBT: 6:45am On Aug 02, 2013
FSU: This fasola is really dumb. Is Obi contesting in the coming election? I said it that that cancer in his neck is affecting his brain.
get a life mumu! Won't obi's party take part in the poll? Obi's brain is full of mucus. Idi ara
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by bedc(m): 6:46am On Aug 02, 2013
A simple comment abt dis topic would've sufficed. But now see how it has turned to 'igbo vs yoruba' column/thread. Wat a pity!!! SMH
For all we know, dis 'show of shame' btw d 2 states is a mirage & we won't b there wen both govs will sit @ d table, in a 5-star hotel in paris wining & dining, laughin @ ur(igbos & yorubas) ignorance.
Y'all should wise up!!!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by luvinhubby(m): 6:46am On Aug 02, 2013
@Awake9ja,

The Igbos never made mention of blood shed, Fashola just did that, all Obi & other concerned Nigerians did was to draw FG's attention to the unconstitutional deportation & threatned court action.
It's only Fashola's skewed mind that is baying for blood.

The villains of yesterday are heros today & todays heros will tommorows villains, Fashola posterity will judge you.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Chibuhealth(f): 6:47am On Aug 02, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Straight off mehn, nice reply.
Anambrarians, Fashola wasn't actually saying your governor is not using his common sense, he meant he should use it next he opens his mouth.

One Nigeria....
you and who is talking about one Nigeria here? You must be a doll! Fashola is the one dat suposed to use his common sense. Imagine! Deportation in ones own country? Aru! Abomination and a doll is here talking about ususing common sense.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 02, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Prof, that 'word' is more or less for the eko people because any all out war with the Igbos would leave Lagos in ahses.

A word is enough for the truly wise
You mean Alaba and festac in ashes?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by rockbase360: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
I always laugh when by igbo friend's claim that lagos will be nothing without them? Question, why not take that same "business genius" of yours back to igboland and develop it? How many times will you read a slowpoke from the east say(type) that Lagos is not a yoruba land or that igbo's now control lagos? These are the kind of statements that make indigenous people angry and upset. There is nothing wrong is moving to a state and contributing to it's growth and development. My igbo friend's need to be careful and mindful of what they say. Do other tribes that live in eastern nigeria enjoy the same free business atmosphere that igbo's enjoy in lagos? Let's be candid.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by calvin0622(m): 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop ranting....

Go and show some love to you "deported" brothers and sisters...give them shelter...food and water.

That is the way to show you genuinely care about their plight and not just braying like a goat on NL..

Why are these Igbos trying to outdo one another on who can shout most about this non-issue? undecided
abeg if U̶̲̥̅̊ don't Ħª√ę anything to say just mind Your mouth
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by ibelieveu: 6:51am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop ranting....

Go and show some love to you "deported" brothers and sisters...give them shelter...food and water.

That is the way to show you genuinely care about their plight and not just braying like a goat on NL..

Why are these Igbos trying to outdo one another on who can shout most about this non-issue? undecided
did som1 just say igbos wana undo each other in shouting? *egbami hohohaho* lafin in yoruba* we all know the race with the undisputed ability to make the loudest noise without action in Nigeria. All hail the undisputed shout champions yoruba!!!

But if I may ask, na now lagos state govt sabi say somtin big dey at stake? Is som1 jittery? *i laf again, this time in Eko ile*
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by shamme2005(m): 6:54am On Aug 02, 2013
U dis igbo pple u are shalow minded d same with ur Govs is lagos ur papa land? U pple don't tink b4 u leap u just open ur mouth nd talk. Shud lagos govt b feeding ur destitudes? U people beta go back t ur yeye state nd drag ur allocation with ur Govt dan making empty treats dat holds no water. Is ur place hospitable lyk d yorubas place? Nd stop d foolosh tinking dat lagos is no mans land big mistake indeed! Ur governor shud beg not t b ranting on trivial issues take care of ur destitutes.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by rockbase360: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2013
I always laugh when by igbo friend's claim that lagos will be nothing without them? Question, why not take that same "business genius" of yours back to igboland and develop it? How many times will you read a slowpoke from the east say(type) that Lagos is not a yoruba land or that igbo's now control lagos? These are the kind of statements that make indigenous people angry and upset. There is nothing wrong in moving to a state and contributing to it's growth and development. My igbo friend's need to be careful and mindful of what they say. Do other tribes that live in eastern nigeria enjoy the same free business atmosphere that igbo's enjoy in lagos? Let's be candid.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by curfew: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=pistol][/quote]

no more relocation to anywhere. we are coming home to build BIAFRA - divine truth.

go to www.radiobiafra.co download and listen to the podcasts. hail BIAFRA !

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by XOCONOCHCO: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2013
Yorubas are..........(Google)
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by tunjilana: 6:55am On Aug 02, 2013
smiley smileyI dont even know how to say this, just appalled by the comments in here, All I know is that a better lagos is good for everyone, be it Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or the other ethnic groups. The last time an Igbo state sent away government workers from another Igbo state, I didnt hear this kind of defence from my Igbo brothers, Fashola's actions are not even targetted at Igbos, it cut across, we have peope sent to even osun state for Aregbe to deal smiley.

Someone was condemning his use of "host community" as if it's wrong to say that...common!!!, I'm from oyo state, I put that on any of my documents requiring state of origin, I fully acknowledge lagos as my host state and I expect every enlightened Nigerian to understand this.The other time, someone was contesting the right of the Oba of Lagos to appoint a babaloja over a market that is 99.999999999% Igbo, he was even telling him to come and contest and see if he will win, as if Babaloja is an elective post. Imagine such disrespect for some peoples' cultural and traditional structure. See If a market in Ikorodu for instance is 99.9999999% dominated by people from let's say Ikirun in Osun state and the traditional ruler decides to appoint a babaloja from a son of Ikorodu(his own advisor and minister on that market's affair) you wont here anything the best that can be done is lobby and appeal with the ruler...It is TRADITIONAL!!!

I really dont blame the Igbos, In pre-colonial days when most ethnic groups were creating political structures and teaching it's populace leadership and followership via notable kingdoms like the oyo empire,Benin,sokoto e.t.c, they were still believing in every compound to it's head, hence there inability to comprehend basic cultural/political issues and always feeling every bodys' actions are targeted towards them. As for the South Eastern governors saying all sort, please if you have destitutes of Yoruba origin in your area, kindly build a skill acquisition centre in your state, detain these destitutes there for 6 months, force them to acquire a skill and send them back home to us exactly like Fashola did, we will be grateful to you and even give you a traditional title "Atun ilu se of yoruba land"

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by joanpinkie(f): 6:57am On Aug 02, 2013
Gosh!This thread sucks. Just look at d hight of hatred in d heart of my people. God help us all.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Mmadu111: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2013
i cried solemnly for fellow igbos because of our insistance maginalization in Nigeria, North and West violently hate us, i think our fate is to drive our investments back home in Igbo land. Fashola is a renowned OGUMAGANA!!!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by rockbase360: 7:00am On Aug 02, 2013
tunji_lana: smiley smileyI dont even know how to say this, just appalled by the comments in here, All I know is that a better lagos is good for everyone, be it Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or the other ethnic groups. The last time an Igbo state sent away government workers from another Igbo state, I didnt hear this kind of defence from my Igbo brothers, Fashola's actions are not even targetted at Igbos, it cut across, we have peope sent to even osun state for Aregbe to deal smiley.

Someone was condemning his use of "host community" as if it's wrong to say that...common!!!, I'm from oyo state, I put that on any of my documents requiring state of origin, I fully acknowledge lagos as my host state and I expect every enlightened Nigerian to understand this.The other time, someone was contesting the right of the Oba of Lagos to appoint a babaloja over a market that is 99.999999999% Igbo, he was even telling him to come and contest and see if he will win, as if Babaloja is an elective post. Imagine such disrespect for some peoples' cultural and traditional structure. See If a market in Ikorodu for instance is 99.9999999% dominated by people from let's say Ikirun in Osun state and the traditional ruler decides to appoint a babaloja from a son of Ikorodu(his own advisor and minister on that market's affair) you wont here anything the best that can be done is lobby and appeal with the ruler...It is TRADITIONAL!!!

I really dont blame the Igbos, In pre-colonial days when most ethnic groups were creating political structures and teaching it's populace leadership and followership via notable kingdoms like the oyo empire,Benin,sokoto e.t.c, they were still believing in every compound to it's head, hence there inability to comprehend basic cultural/political issues and always feeling every bodys' actions are targeted towards them. As for the South Eastern governors saying all sort, please if you have destitutes of Yoruba origin in your area, kindly build a skill acquisition centre in your state, detain these destitutes there for 6 months, force them to acquire a skill and send them back home to us exactly like Fashola did, we will be greatful to you and even give you a traditional title "Atun ilu se of yoruba land"

Well written my brother. The state sent away destitutes. I remember watching Fashola with one of the eastern governor tour a popular igbo dominated market in lagos. All he wants it a sane environment. Just hoping that people will be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by rockbase360: 7:00am On Aug 02, 2013
Mmadu111: i cried solemnly for fellow igbos because of our insistance maginalization in Nigeria, North and West violently hate us, i think our fate is to drive our investments back home in Igbo land. Fashola is a renowned OGUMAGANA!!!
They hate you but you love them with all your heart right>?
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Kei144(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Lol Did Fashola just tell Obi to use common sense?

Why do Ibo still cry war and blood? Do they think war is about holding hands and singing kumbaya?

This person sure wants to teach Igbos the meaning of war. That's wonderful.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by calvin0622(m): 7:07am On Aug 02, 2013
shamme2005: U dis igbo pple u are shalow minded d same with ur Govs is lagos ur papa land? U pple don't tink b4 u leap u just open ur mouth nd talk. Shud lagos govt b feeding ur destitudes? U people beta go back t ur yeye state nd drag ur allocation with ur Govt dan making empty treats dat holds no water. Is ur place hospitable lyk d yorubas place? Nd stop d foolosh tinking dat lagos is no mans land big mistake indeed! Ur governor shud beg not t b ranting on trivial issues take care of ur destitutes.
look at ђ๏ฬ shallow minded U̶̲̥̅̊ just showed U̶̲̥̅̊ Aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ as if there Aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ no lagos indigenes begging I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ other states.abeg call a spade a spade wat ur T̶̲̅o called fashiola did was totally wrong.humanly,religiously and constitutionally.I don't know y yorubas noice making with action Ħª√ę made mucus fill their brains
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by izzyeffizzy(f): 7:09am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Shut up ! Coward....why are you stylishly looking for an escape route...stay let him finish pummeling your flat head.
my dear u are really dumb,that he is tired doesn't mean that he is a coward,he jst realised that selince is the best answer giving to a fool.and from all indication u are acting like a fool with a capital letter "F"
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Anaegboka(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2013
Acidosis: He said alot without making any point..

Fashola (SAN), did you deport Igbos? Yes/No?
grin grin grin
That is what he should be addressing. Infact he said nothing and made no point.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by sleekdre: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2013
FASHOLA has truly lost it. In his attempt to salvage his capsizing ship of mess, he mentioned that OBI is trying to make a cheap political gain from the issue because of november 16 election. But he forgot that OBI is on his second term and as such is not elligible to contest. So what's the political gain here
FASHOLA, it's not a MUST that you have to issue a statement..I thought you were a better lawyer than this. If you don't have anything to say just STHU!!
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by pistol: 7:14am On Aug 02, 2013
This back and forth is quite exhausting..
Fashola could have avoided all these fallouts by just applying common sense.
Common sense is indeed not common.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by Youngzedd(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2013
This is an example of what He gonna turn NIGERIA into if given a chance to rule.

Fashola will NEVER smell presidential seat till thy kingdom come.

NDI BA ANYI ANA M EKWUZIKWANU KA NWA AFO IGBO.

We can not allow this ...... to rule Naija.
Re: Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos by CHAIRMAN1(m): 7:16am On Aug 02, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop ranting....

Last I checked, goats don't bray, goats bleat... Donkeys bray, dullard

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode Reacts To Suspension Of Fayemi From APC / Olujonwo Obasanjo Drags Wife Temitope Adebutu To Court, One Year After Wedding / Bomb Blasts In Kano GSM Market: Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.