Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5961669 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48am On May 03, 2018
patches689:

I mean medium lift - ie Oryx
Aahh OK!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

The NAF says the Mi-35m which it received "are brand new, capable of night fighting and are the most sophisticated of the Mi–series of helicopter gunships".
Maybe the most sophisticated MIs in Nigeria but obviously not in the world(or Africa) ............since mi 28s exist.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 11:51am On May 03, 2018
I agrre with you....From my research the Mi 28 is a dedicated attack helo...and its more advanced than the MI 35....Has better/stronger armor than the 35's, faster and has a better survival against handheld SAM's
jln115:

Maybe the most sophisticated MIs in Nigeria but obviously not in the world(or Africa) ............since mi 28s exist.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 03, 2018
kenpaul0:
I agrre with you....From my research the Mi 28 is a dedicated attack helo...and its more advanced than the MI 35....Has better/stronger armor than the 35's, faster and has a better survival against handheld SAM's
Not entirely correct.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 12:45pm On May 03, 2018
Ok Sir....Which part is not correct?

Henry240:

Not entirely correct.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 03, 2018
Henry240:

Not entirely correct.
His answer might not be the most scientific in the world, but factually he is correct!

That said Nigerias new Mi35s are still one of the most modern helos on the continent but comparing them from a strictly dedicated AH/gunship role they are not as advanced as Algerias Mi28s

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 2:35pm On May 03, 2018
MI 28N is a specialized attack helicopter without troop carrying capability. It faster, more manoeuvrable and carries more weapon load. I think the latest MI 35M has the same sensor capability as MI 28 and similar weapon delivery. It is just slower, less weapon load and has to carry troops.

Nigeria took the right decision buying MI 35. If your enemy were a large conventional Army with many armoured vehicles then MI 28 may be better but the flexibility of MI 35 is unmatched, you can destroy ten Boko Haram vehicles, drop an ambush party to deal with the remaining terrorists, pick 6 injured soldiers to the hospital and still destroy more Bokos on the trip back.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:46pm On May 03, 2018
jln115:

That Mi-28s exist does not make a difference depending on configuration of the Mi-35m.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:49pm On May 03, 2018
kenpaul0:

Depending on which Mi-35 model you mean.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 4:54pm On May 03, 2018
kenpaul0:
Ok Sir....Which part is not correct?

Speaking of this new Mi-35m delivered, it is not slower, it is not inferior in armour neither is it any more vulnerable to SAMs than any other combat rotor aircraft out there.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:00pm On May 03, 2018
jln115:

His answer might not be the most scientific in the world, but factually he is correct!

That said Nigerias new Mi35s are still one of the most modern helos on the continent but comparing them from a strictly dedicated AH/gunship role they are not as advanced as Algerias Mi28s

Being a dedicated attack helo doesn't equate more sophistication; that is a matter of roles.

At this very moment the NAFs Mi-35Ms are the most modern and sophisticated of all Mi-series combat helicopters on the African continent.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 5:22pm On May 03, 2018
SternProphet:
MI 28N is a specialized attack helicopter without troop carrying capability. It faster, more manoeuvrable and carries more weapon load. I think the latest MI 35M has the same sensor capability as MI 28 and similar weapon delivery. It is just slower, less weapon load and has to carry troops.

Nigeria took the right decision buying MI 35. If your enemy were a large conventional Army with many armoured vehicles then MI 28 may be better but the flexibility of MI 35 is unmatched, you can destroy ten Boko Haram vehicles, drop an ambush party to deal with the remaining terrorists, pick 6 injured soldiers to the hospital and still destroy more Bokos on the trip back.

The Mi-series of helicopter gunships of different designations mean different things—to different situations. What I mean is this: an example of the Mi-35m delivered to Venezuela is not the same as the Mi-35m delivered to Nigeria. Same as the Mi-28 dedicated attack helo delivered to Algeria doesn't mean it's more advanced than the Mi-35m employed by the Russian Air Force.

It's like making comparisons between the T-72 and the T-90. While popular opinion may think the latter more potent, many Russian Tank commanders prefer upgraded T-72s to the T-90 for it's features.

When it comes to Aircraft the sub-systems you put on them is what makes a lot of the difference. Such that you can take a relatively cheaper machine and bring it to par with modern sensors and avionics suite.

The much I can tell you is the NAFs Mi-35Ms come with multiple armament suites that enables it to independently acquire multiple targets, choose and decide which targets to engage whilst simultaneously detecting and defending against threats in any weather etc.

That said, contingency determines in which role it is employed by the commander including but not limited to a dedicated attack role or troop assault while providing cover.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:06pm On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

That Mi-28s exist does not make a difference depending on configuration of the Mi-35m.

"Russia spent billions developing a new AH that is only as good as the old one"

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

The Mi-series of helicopter gunships of different designations mean different things—to different situations. What I mean is this: an example of the Mi-35m delivered to Venezuela is not the same as the Mi-35m delivered to Nigeria. Same as the Mi-28 dedicated attack helo delivered to Algeria doesn't mean it's more advanced than the Mi-35m employed by the Russian Air Force.

It's like making comparisons between the T-72 and the T-90. While popular opinion may think the latter more potent, many Russian Tank commanders prefer upgraded T-72s to the T-90 for it's features.

When it comes to Aircraft the sub-systems you put on them is what makes a lot of the difference. Such that you can take a relatively cheaper machine and bring it to par with modern sensors and avionics suite.

The much I can tell you is the NAFs Mi-35Ms come with multiple armament suites that enables it to independently acquire multiple targets, choose and decide which targets to engage whilst simultaneously detecting and defending against threats in any weather etc.

That said, contingency determines in which role it is employed by the commander including but not limited to a dedicated attack role or troop assault while providing cover.

not trying to butt into your argument but I just want to understand something.

so what you're trying to say is that Nigeria's "New" Mi-35M is better or more advanced that the Mi-28NE “Night Hunter” helicopter which Algeria operates?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 03, 2018
lionel4power:

not trying to butt into your argument but I just want to understand something.

so what you're trying to say is that Nigeria's "New" Mi-35M is better or more advanced that the Mi-28NE “Night Hunter” helicopter which Algeria operates?
Yes, that's what he's trying to say. Deal with it! cool

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:05pm On May 03, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Yes, that's what he's trying to say. Deal with it! cool

I didn't ask the minion. let the master say it himself

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 03, 2018
Tunisian UH-60M Black Hawk Helicopters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 03, 2018
Landing and Logistical Support Vessel [Kalâat Beni Abbes] , Algerian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 03, 2018
lionel4power:

I didn't ask the minion. let the master say it himself

The master did not deem you worthy of his time... So he spoke thru one of his minions.
Deal with that too tongue tongue tongue

Lol grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:35pm On May 03, 2018
abiodunalasa:

The master did not deem you worthy of his time... So he spoke thru one of his minions.
Deal with that too tongue tongue tongue

Lol grin
Okay minion.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 03, 2018
locally built corvette [Raïs Hassan Barbière class ] during Phoenix EXPRESS 2018 exercise , Algerian Navy

62 m , 600 T

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 03, 2018
lionel4power:

Okay minion.
wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 03, 2018
Algerian1:
locally built corvette [Raïs Hassan Barbière class ] during Phoenix EXPRESS 2018 exercise , Algerian Navy

62 m , 600 T
What a beauty.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2018
abiodunalasa:

wink
I'm Sad for you.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 10:46pm On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

Being a dedicated attack helo doesn't equate more sophistication; that is a matter of roles.

At this very moment the NAFs Mi-35Ms are the most modern and sophisticated of all Mi-series combat helicopters on the African continent.
am not surprised,

maybe even the the A29 tucano are the most advanced jet on the Africa continent

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:03pm On May 03, 2018
grin grin grin
Seriously, I think it is high time Nigeria stops all these "We have the largest, biggest, fastest stuff in the whole world." It is becoming embarrassing, especially when reality often proves otherwise.

Clearly, our MI-35M is not the best of the MI series, just like the 120kmph on our trains is not the fastest in Africa as some government officials claimed. Those are undebatable facts.

Let us deal with them instead of engaging in pointless arguments.

For me, the MI-35M still fits our current need perfectly. However, in the nearest future when Nigeria becomes a better and more proactive country with a clear cut procurement policy, the MI-28 am Ka-52 are great Assault Helicopters of choice.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:11pm On May 03, 2018
Xbee007:
grin grin grin
Seriously, I think it is high time Nigeria stops all these "We have the largest, biggest, fastest stuff in the whole world." It is becoming embarrassing, especially when reality often proves otherwise.

Clearly, our MI-35M is not the best of the MI series, just like the 120kmph on our trains is not the fastest in Africa as some government officials claimed. Those are undebatable facts.

Let us deal with them instead of engaging in pointless arguments.

For me, the MI-35M still fits our current need perfectly. However, in the nearest future when Nigeria becomes a better and more proactive country with a clear cut procurement policy, the MI-28 am Ka-52 are great Assault Helicopters of choice.
you are about to tow a very dangerous one way street.

Best get prepared because they'll soon come for you. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:21pm On May 03, 2018
lionel4power:
you are about to tow a very dangerous one way street.

Best get prepared because they'll soon come for you. grin grin grin
Deep in our mind we all know it is the truth. Mi-28 is in the league of Apache helicopters.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

You said most advanced Gunships.....which they are not though since Algeria has brand new Mi28s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 11:38pm On May 03, 2018
giles14:
am not surprised,

maybe even the the A29 tucano are the most advanced jet on the Africa continent

Good comparison. Super Tucano is not a jet. It is a slow turboprop aircraft but in terms of accurate munition delivery on to a ground target from stand off distances, it is better than more powerful aircraft

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 03, 2018
Covert1:

To make it simple, Algerias Mi28NE are more advanced AH/Gunships than Nigerias MI 35M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1644) (1645) (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.