Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1649) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966464 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 6:54am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force MI-35 Helicopter which is under-going refurbishment in Port-Harcourt, spotting a tattoo.

This is the very first time a Nigerian military aircraft has worn a tattoo.
its not a similar variety in yola also spots the same tattooed eyes

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58am On May 05, 2018
oyinpr:
so far I haven't seen any on ground here
Beegeagle made the claim on twitter. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On May 05, 2018
oyinpr:
its not a similar variety in yola also spots the same tattooed eyes
Yeah, i also know Russian MI-35m in Syria spot a similar tattoo.

The one in Port-Harcourt is an MI-35p, this one you posted looks like an MI-35M judging from the wing and chin mounted gun. It also looks like an MI-24V, i think i'll go with MI-24V.

So at-least 2 Nigerian Air Force helicopters carry that tattoo. I like it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 7:47am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

Yeah, i also know Russian MI-35m in Syria spot a similar tattoo.

The one in Port-Harcourt is an MI-35p, this one you posted looks like an MI-35M judging from the wing and chin mounted gun. It also looks like an MI-24V, i think i'll go with MI-24V.

So at-least 2 Nigerian Air Force helicopters carry that tattoo. I like it.
yeah bro its an mi-24v

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Josfactz: 8:17am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

Is there any evidence that the Nigerian Air Force will also be inducting MRAPs today?
NAF has placed order for MRAPs, shilka and Co
Ain't sure if they have arrived
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On May 05, 2018
Josfactz:
NAF has placed order for MRAPs, shilka and Co
Ain't sure if they have arrived
Any concrete evidence to support this claim?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05am On May 05, 2018
oyinpr:
yeah bro its an mi-24v
After deliveries are completed, we should have between 22 and 24 Attack Helicopters.

I think we need to upgrade our earlier MI-24V and MI-35p, add EO POD, that's something we can do right here in Nigeria.

Light Utility Helicopters should be around 21 units in all.

Medium lift is the area we need serious intervention. In both the fixed wing and rotary wing side.

As for front line fighters, with the purchase of the Tucanos, it will be very unlikely that Nigeria will still go ahead with the JF-17 thunder. I seriously doubt it.

My thinking is, i don't see the new capability the JF-17 will bring to the table that the F-7 and Tucanos cannot fulfil.

Instead of the JF-17, irrespective of what the budget says, military planners might be looking elsewhere. Transport aircrafts or a twin engine fighter.

This is my opinion.

Besides why bother buying a JF-17 Block II now when in 10 years 4 generation technology might become obsolete. Instead, wait and go for a 4+ generation aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15am On May 05, 2018
In my opinion, if Nigeria goes ahead with the purchase of the JF-17 Block II purchase today after buying the Tucano, it would be a very bad purchase down the road.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On May 05, 2018
Covert1:

Nigeria's Mi-35Ms are even more brand new and whilst both are advanced AHs the New Mi-35Ms delivered to Nigeria has more modern and sophisticated technology.
So why did Algeria(and Russia) buy the more expensive Mi28 if the mi35 is more modern and sophisticated?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On May 05, 2018
Covert1:

That's a story for your ego. Each is a great asset in it's own right albeit Nigeria's New Mi-35Ms are much more modern.

Pls refer your enquiries to the NAF which says "it is the more sophisticated of the Mi-series of Helicopter gunships".
In what way is NAFs mi 35 more modern than Algerias Mi28??

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:19am On May 05, 2018
Covert1:

Nigeria's Mi-35Ms are even more brand new and whilst both are advanced AHs the New Mi-35Ms delivered to Nigeria has more modern and sophisticated technology.

Do you wish to compare what avionics they have?

Newer =/= advanced

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On May 05, 2018
Most Advanced AH in the world........ Because I say so:

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force MI-35m Attack Helicopters

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force F-7NI multi-role fighter jet

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:35am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force locally made Test bench.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:35am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force locally made Tsaigumi UAV

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:37am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force DA42 trainer air craft

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:42am On May 05, 2018
jln115:

So why did Algeria(and Russia) buy the more expensive Mi28 if the mi35 is more modern and sophisticated?

See your shallow thinking -- expensive to you mean more modern and sophisticated, sry for u, that thinking (which actually is the problem across the board in ur country) is why ur airforce is stuck with expensive hardware it struggles to maintain and therefore inefficient.

Pricing is a matter of lobbying by the various entities involved in the production of the different types Mil-35M, Mi-28NE & Ka-52 which is offered for dedicated specific roles.

But to burst your bubble the Mi-35M is still considered the sturdier of all three and remains presently the work horse of Russia's Aerospace forces and other elements of it's armed forces.

Nigeria's military planners don't buy for the gallery but what works, easy to maintain and cost effective. That way you don't only exist on paper. Copy that..!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:44am On May 05, 2018
jln115:

In what way is NAFs mi 35 more modern than Algerias Mi28??

Pls refer your questions to the NAF.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On May 05, 2018
Nigerian Air Force Bell 412 LUH

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:48am On May 05, 2018
patches689:

Do you wish to compare what avionics they have?

Newer =/= advanced

Sensitive information. While their is some general info out there the NAF ain't gonna give u cheese on what makes it's systems behave and work intelligently the way they do in combat.

Except you want to act smart behind your computer like many wannabees do on here, sry ain't got nothing for you.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:57am On May 05, 2018
jln115:
Most Advanced AH in the world........ Because I say so:

In your dreams that is. Not unusual as your country is known for punching above it's weight even when everyone tells you in black and white that's not the reality.

Not bad to dream so keeping dreaming though hopeless with that tin pod of a helicopter. You might want to look at some affordable upgrades for it. Nations have moved on.

Btw we are more hopeful with your new president who appears to know better and apparently is looking to cut his coat according to his size.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 10:59am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force MI-35m Attack Helicopters

Henry is on duty this morning..!
Thanks for the pics! We couldn't wait.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:03am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force F-7NI multi-role fighter jet

Beautiful pics!

Hope NTA don't mess up the aerial display coverage. The NAF has been good with vid editions but pls let them take a cue from the Army's vid at the #AFLS demo.

@oyinpr biko Abeg make some personal vid too Ooo! God go bless you!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:18am On May 05, 2018
OFF-TOPIC

The video has been tearing up the internet for the past week.

4 Turkish T-129 ATAK Helicopters tearing up a target during live fire drills.

I wish Nigeria still went ahead with this purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxhczqDfylg

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On May 05, 2018
Covert1:

Beautiful pics!

Hope NTA don't mess up the aerial display coverage. The NAF has been good with vid editions but pls let them take a cue from the Army's vid at the #AFLS demo.

@oyinpr biko Abeg make some personal vid too Ooo! God go bless you!
The army used drones for that coverage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:21am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

After deliveries are completed, we should have between 22 and 24 Attack Helicopters.

I think we need to upgrade our earlier MI-24V and MI-35p, add EO POD, that's something we can do right here in Nigeria.

Medium lift is the area we need serious intervention. In both the fixed wing and rotary wing side.

As for front line fighters, with the purchase of the Tucanos, it will be very unlikely that Nigeria will still go ahead with the JF-17 thunder. I seriously doubt it.

My thinking is, i don't see the new capability the JF-17 will bring to the table that the F-7 and Tucanos cannot fulfil.

Instead of the JF-17, irrespective of what the budget says, military planners might be looking elsewhere. Transport aircrafts or a twin engine fighter.

This is my opinion.

Besides why bother buying a JF-17 Block II now when in 10 years 4 generation technology might become obsolete. Instead, wait and go for a 4+ generation aircraft.

One glaring exception this moment is combat range...you do have a point looking at tmrw.

As yet nothing we know has changed on JF-17 order. The Block 111 will come on stream anyway. The twin engine is a high possibility.

Transports aren't appearing on the radar at least for now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:27am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

This is my opinion.

Baba, F7 can't deliver the way JF17 will deliver.

The range of weapons the JF17 can be armed with is another point.

Super tucano will be too slow to respond to certain threats and F7 can't fill that gap.

We've not even talked about protection of air space against enemy aircraft.

This list can keep going on and on

As i've said earlier, Nigeria will be more interested in the JF17B variant.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 11:28am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

This is my opinion.

We need six (6) nos of a 4++ Gen Heavy Combat Aircraft to balance capabilities. The ability to go from a remote airfield in Nigeria to take out a threat in a neighbouring country or in the gulf of guinea. This is very important.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:29am On May 05, 2018
Indeed but wasn't the Air Force the first to do so with Fourtroop instructors at their special forces training?

It's imperative they do so again. Just saying sha cos it will be very very disappointing if we don't have anything close to the drone footage of the Army's demo.

My point is that vid was edited for purpose effect.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30am On May 05, 2018
Covert1:

One glaring exception this moment is combat range...you do have a point looking at tmrw.

As yet nothing we know has changed on JF-17 order. The Block 111 will come on stream anyway. The twin engine is a high possibility.

Transports aren't appearing on the radar at least for now.
Combat range at this point no longer makes any meaning. We don't fly our jets far from the border, so that's no longer an advantage.

Looking at tomorrow, a purchase of the JF-17 today is an unacceptable waste of money. In fact i think we might be wishing and waiting for a JF-17 that will not come.

As at this time, we know that the Nigerian Air Force has budgeted for 3 units of JF-17 for the last 3 years. Yet no jet. We did not budget for the Tucano but we've paid in full. The Super Mushak that was budgeted at the same time as the JF-17 have all been delivered.

We should be looking at the JF-17 Block III, J-10B and C, MIG-29M/MIG-35 or the SU-30SM.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Covert1: 11:34am On May 05, 2018
Henry240:

Combat range at this point no longer makes any meaning. We don't fly our jets far from the border, so that's no longer an advantage.

Looking at tomorrow, a purchase of the JF-17 today is an unacceptable waste of money. In fact i think we might be wishing and waiting for a JF-17 that will not come.

As at this time, we know that the Nigerian Air Force has budgeted for 3 units of JF-17 for the last 3 years. Yet no jet. We did not budget for the Tucano but we've paid in full. The Super Mushak that was budgeted at the same time as the JF-17 have all been delivered.

We should be looking at the JF-17 Block III, J-10B and C, MIG-29M/MIG-35 or the SU-30SM.

I agree

(1) (2) (3) ... (1646) (1647) (1648) (1649) (1650) (1651) (1652) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.