Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,688 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:24 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6018818 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

I didn't know Cameroun use this weapon. Where is it made?

Its a croatian company which makes it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS_Produkt_VHS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:
CAMEROONIAN BIR ALPHA IN flintlock 2020
Cameroon squad level weapons look so good. This final phase of exercise flintlock was really comprehensive.

I remember some people complained in this thread at the start of the exercise. I guess doubters have been proven wrong.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

I don't hope for such my brother. I hope its a syrian plane

I pray is Russian man, the Syrian civil war needs to end, and this would be the best way to end it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

Cameroon squad level weapons look so good. This final phase of exercise flintlock was really comprehensive.

I remember some people complained in this thread at the start of the exercise. I guess doubters have been proven wrong.

Yeah i think it has it's importance. soldiers learn alot especially squad leaders
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

Its a croatian company which makes it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS_Produkt_VHS

Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 10:40am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

I pray is Russian man, the Syrian civil war needs to end, and this would be the best way to end it.

If it is russia do u think theywould not retaliate and things might escalate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:41am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

Yeah i think it has it's importance. soldiers learn alot especially squad leaders
I could not agree more.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:42am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

If it is russia do u think theywould not retaliate and things might escalate

Yes, that's exactly the point. It is better for the Russians to escalate which would end the conflict faster than for it to drag on for another 2 to 3 years.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 10:46am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

Yes, that's exactly the point. It is better for the Russians to escalate which would end the conflict faster than for it to drag on for another 2 to 3 years.

russian escalating brings in NATO and the US don't you think it's not going to help the situation. I also thing turkey is trying to grow too much horns by intervening every were
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:47am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:
Breaking News

SU-24 shot down in Syria.

I hope it's a Russian plane. This conflict needs to end quickly, and this would be the best way to end it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSKMap/status/1234045082527043584?s=09

Correction.

Apparently it's a Syrian Air Force L-39, not an SU-24.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 10:51am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

russian escalating brings in NATO and the US don't you think it's not going to help the situation. I also thing turkey is trying to grow too much horns by intervening every were

In this case, Turkey is the aggressor. Article 5 of NATO defence pact is if a member is attacked in his own territory.

Turkey is supporting violent extremism in Syria, with direct implications on us in Africa. The regime in Turkey has to be stopped.

Apparently it's a Syrian L-39 that was shot down, not an SU-24.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by seankafor(m): 10:56am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

turkey is only protecting their bother.

You once Idlib falls,turkey will be next and Erdogan doesn't want that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 11:00am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

and how will this end it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:07am On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:

Correction.

Apparently it's a Syrian Air Force L-39, not an SU-24.

Well, apparently it was a Turkish drone that was shot down, Anka-S. Not a Syrian L-39, also not an SU-24.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MIG29_/status/1234050879877189633
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2020
MiddleDimension:
and how will this end it?

Increased Russian military might against the terrorist elements in Idlib.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:34am On Mar 01, 2020
fabselad:

Exactly. But the resident chairborne generals of Nairaland judge after pictures only
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
seankafor:
turkey is only protecting their bother.

You once Idlib falls,turkey will be next and Erdogan doesn't want that

Turkey is protecting its borders by sending in ISIS affiliates and head choppers ?

After Turkey wins what are these head choppers going to do ?

Retire or head to next closet area which needs liberating or in your words provide protection.

I hope your geography is strong

Anyways only time will tell

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
South-African army vehicle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:
Breaking News

SU-24 shot down in Syria.

I hope it's a Russian plane. This conflict needs to end quickly, and this would be the best way to end it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSKMap/status/1234045082527043584?s=09

Video shows SU-24 of the Syrian Air Force shot down today.

Syrian government confirms 2 units of Syrian SU-24 were shot down.

https://mobile.twitter.com/descifraguerra/status/1234086058024931328
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
jln115:
we were there bro.... Well me and odunayaw at least wink

Don't forget me too
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Two Warplanes and a Drone Shot Down in Syria-Turkey Escalation
Syria's army simultaneously declared the airspace over northwest Syria closed to planes and drones, pledging to down any aircraft that violates it

Reuters
11:54
Turkish forces targetted two Syrian government planes over the Idlib region of northwest Syria, Syrian state media said on Sunday.

State news agency SANA said the pilots got out in parachutes and were fine. No other details were immediately available.

Earlier, Turkey's Anadolu news agency reported a Syrian government plane has been downed in Idlib Sunday morning. Syria's army simultaneously declared the airspace over northwest Syria closed to planes and drones, pledging to down any aircraft that violates it, state media said on Sunday.

"Any aircraft that violates our airspace will be dealt with as enemy aircraft that must be brought down," state news agency SANA said, citing a military source.

Syrian state media later denied the Turkish report a government plane was brought down on Sunday and reported that government forces shot down a Turkish drone over the town of Saraqeb in northwest Idlib.

Turkish forces have been hitting Syrian government targets in Idlib in the recent weeks. In February, a total of 55 Turkish soldiers were killed in Syrian government attacks, including air strikes, in Idlib.

The government forces' air strikes are part of a major assault to capture the province, part of the last remaining territory held by rebels backed by Turkey.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Nicheey:

Don't forget me too
yeah you to wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
kabe1:
South-African army vehicle
hornet rdrv
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2020
There are footage online showing downed turkey's Anka-S UAV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Iblawi1:
Two Warplanes and a Drone Shot Down in Syria-Turkey Escalation
Syria's army simultaneously declared the airspace over northwest Syria closed to planes and drones, pledging to down any aircraft that violates it

It's incredible that Russia is sitting by and watching the Syrian army get decimated by Turkey.

I would think that by now, the Russians would have told Turkey, enough!

The amount of losses the Syrian army has suffered is quite incredible.

Again this conflict shows multiple lessons for Nigeria. Exercises like we see in flintlock 2020 and Obangame are important, but it is heavy weapons and a strong air force that wins wars.

The way Turkey has used armed drones to defeat armour in this conflict should be a war manual for developing countries.

We need to learn this in Nigeria, and continue to invest in armed and unarmed UAVs.

Your Tavor doesn't mean sh*t if you can be targeted from kilometers away.

Algeria understands this, hence their heavy investments in heavy weapons instead of fancy carbines.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
Z
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
nemesis8u:

Have no opinions on what others think.

I will tell you what I think

Every concerned party who made the mistake of getting involved in the quagmire that is Syria is now looking to withdraw back but making half hearted attempts at that becz they don't want to loose face or appear weak.

Here only Syrians ( Assad ) is fighting for survival.

Rest of the players are trying to exploit the situation.

For Russia reasons a geo-strategic , for continued access to the region.

For US and west reasons are geo-economics - create jihadi cesspit to keep the region destabilized ( no national govt ) so that they can keep exploiting the oil reserves / other resources in the region.

For Turkey reasons are geo-political or rather first steps for creating ottoman empire on the basis of radical Islam. Turkey is now filled with foreign jihadis who they invited in the first place but don't want to be saddled with them for ever . So best use them for territorial land grabbing and then resettle them there outside Turkey . 2 targets with one stone. Bonus they will have an army of jihadis who they can use as they want without burning own country down.

My primary concern from an African stand point is Algeria. The US does not dump it's allies (client state).

The Russians apart from Assad have the most to lose in Syria.

In a theoretical war between Algeria and Morocco, the Americans would not leave Morocco hanging out in the cold.

Giving recent engagements in Syria, can Algeria depend on Russia when the going gets really tough?

Algerian1, what are your thoughts on this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
Z
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
nemesis8u:

The Kurds will beg to differ with you.

So will the Afghan mujahideens

Back in the days even the South Vietnamese

US is nobodies friend

I stand to be corrected.

In government to government case, it is highly unlikely that you would be abandoned by the US.

I know Russia has stuck by Assad more times than he can count, but this is just as critical a junction as the previous times.

Turkey cannot be openly supporting terrorists while the Russians watch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2020
Z
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
Africa Defence Group in Johannesburg is busy on rifles in preparation for the impending day the SANDF and SAPS have to replace the R-series family of rifles.
Rumour has it Denel has been sniffing around.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
...more...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2029) (2030) (2031) (2032) (2033) (2034) (2035) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.