Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962841 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
kabe1:

We should really look at building, investing in our local manufacturers.

Purchasing these many vehicles from abroad makes no sense to me, especially when we are dealing with a not so technical equipment, where a strong local alternative exists.

As good as they are, I think the demand is too time critical to rely on local vendors for now. Buhari is throwing so much cash into the military in anticipation for next year's offensive which he's hoping will be decisive. Its his last chance to leave a positive legacy on security and he know it. Lets hope to see results and a mother of all offensives this dry season

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
shadowprimezero:

As good as they are, I think the demand is too time critical to rely on local vendors for now. Buhari is throwing so much cash into the military in anticipation for next year's offensive which he's hoping will be decisive. Its his last chance to leave a positive legacy on security and he know it. Lets hope to see results and a mother of all offensives this dry season

If we look at the number of CS/VP3, Isotex Legion & Isotex Phantoms we've bought, i'm not even adding off the shelf FV-103s, we could have accommodated local manufacturers.

Although i agree with your comment in bold, but we could have also achieved a balance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Hennynitan:

What about those MRAPS at the back? Are they coming to Nigeria also?

They look like 8x8 APCs but the pic is too blurry to say if they are the same VN1 the Nigerian Army is operating.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
kabe1:

If we look at the number of CS/VP3, Isotex Legion & Isotex Phantoms we've bought, i'm not even adding off the shelf FV-103s, we could have accommodated local manufacturers.

Although i agree with your comment in bold, but we could have also achieved a balance.

Fair points
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
kabe1:

We should really look at building, investing in our local manufacturers.

Purchasing these many vehicles from abroad makes no sense to me, especially when we are dealing with a not so technical equipment, where a strong local alternative exists.
There must be something wrong with ARA 2...
In the second pic. The vehicles on the left arranged in a single column, seem to have some turret on them... Or am I seeing it wrongly?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Whyem15: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

There must be something wrong with ARA 2...

If there is anything wrong with it, Ara 3 should have been out by now, I think it has to do with capacity, not sure all the Ara NA ordered from proforce has been delivered.
Also, I read that these Bigfoots were supposed to be delivered last year, might have been delayed by the pandemic, can proforce produce 100 MRAPs within a year?

I just pray they got enough support equipment for these new MRAPs.
They should also consider recovering the vehicles that have been damaged in various bases in the northeast. Even with those that are beyond repair, they can still cannibalize parts from them to repair the slightly damaged ones.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

They look like 8x8 APCs but the pic is too blurry to say if they are the same VN1 the Nigerian Army is operating.

Has it been confirmed that the IFV is VN1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 6:28am On Sep 11, 2021
MAN1960:

Demmmmm you are so good, I want to learn from you because you are simply the best military analyst around here
gayyyyyy!!!!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Photos from the recently concluded IDPA championship in Kenya.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Hi nemesis4you can you please join this Whatsapp group? highly intellectual discuss in your area of interest and specialty, and Funny too.

There's a topic I'll like you to participate in.

https:// chat. whatsapp. com /CgYnypjVVSAGLlrAyeUGZy

Remove all the space please.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
lionel4power:
Hi nemesis4you can you please join this Whatsapp group? highly intellectual discuss in your area of interest and specialty, and Funny too.

There's a topic I'll like you to participate in.

https:// chat. whatsapp. com /CgYnypjVVSAGLlrAyeUGZy

Remove all the space please.

Bro thanks for the offer , appreciated

But problem is i cant join due to privacy reasons

I hope you understand

Infact i am not in any app

Anything u want to discuss u can do that in technical thread

I will be glad to help u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 12:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
Off topic

What is out of place in this OPV ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nemesis4you:
Off topic

Is that a rocket and a launch platform?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nigeria navy Helicopter pilots

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 1:34pm On Sep 11, 2021
New set of 20 drone pilots and 5 fighter Pilots
Good to have some female drone Pilots

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 1:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nemesis4you:
Off topic

Ballistic missile test launch platform? Is it Indian?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nemesis4you:
Off topic

Ballistic missile test launch procedure in progress on the helicopter deck.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 2:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Shifted answer to tec thread

All answers were correct though
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
Lurker4Long:

Puffed-up Lilliputians peacocking as Brobdingnagians are best ignored.

And to think we also joined the bullpup bandwagon with the Vector CR-21. Got to shoot the thing in the US of all places.
I'm left-handed and the ejection is at such a forward angle, brass was hitting me in the face (I'm 1.96m tall, and the ejection hood Denel put in works if you're shorter). Bad trigger, oil spitting all over the place and the yucky plastic feel of the thing. Glad the SANDF and SA Police Service said no and stuck with the R-series of rifles.

Great sight though.
I see they've become a status symbol with the Venezuelans.

6" 5'? Damn,I'm only 6" 3' and feel the discomfort folding and bending myself into places designed for people 6 inches shorter. You've just reminded me I saw Eeben Barlow checking out your r 4 replacement some time last year.

A NEW ASSAULT RIFLE For the South African National Defence Force (SANDF)?
https://www.sofmag.com/a-new-assault-rifle-for-the-south-african-national-defence-force-sandf/

Tucked away in a quiet industrial park close to the OR Tambo International Airport, Africa Defence Group (ADG) has been silently working on a new series of assault rifles that combine the best of the R4/Galil, AK-47, and AR-series of weapons, and have come up with an innovative design that could certainly be the answer to the SANDF’s hopes for a new assault rifle.
ADG was motivated by the fact that the SANDF will soon need to replace its aging R4-series (Galil variant) rifles, and the company believes the military and law enforcement agencies would be looking for a high-quality, well-designed, well-made rifle other than the ubiquitous AK-series of rifles.
Although none of the weapons have, as yet, been bought by the SANDF, a large amount has already been exported to other interested armed forces.
GROAN! Its seems they're still attached to the 5.56 mm! After all this time-why not the 6.8 or even 7.62 NATO? Looks like it'll be a hybrid AK/AR like the excellent Swiss 751. Heard anything?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
kikuyu1:

GROAN! Its seems they're still attached to the 5.56 mm! After all this time-why not the 6.8 or even 7.62 NATO? Looks like it'll be a hybrid AK/AR like the excellent Swiss 751. Heard anything?

7.62 is too expensive simply because it is 1/3 bigger than the 5.56 -meaning you can buy and carry more pew.pew in 5.56. Another problem is that the recoil of 7.62 chambered guns is often too hard to handle for new recruits which leads to unsatisfying shooting results.

*Personally i think the 7.62 is superior if handled right but the 5.56 is far easier to use.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
NTSA:
Photos from the recently concluded IDPA championship in Kenya.
more pics

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2021
pic1 ;16 year old Jonathan Wahome in action during the IDPA

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Border patrol unit (BPU) are now using CMZ-4 AR, locally made assault rifles with scopes as standard.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:46am On Sep 12, 2021
SealTeam6:

Ok so how's this your super story relevant to what we are discussing here undecided

Ain't you tired of getting your ass whipped everytime ?

Maybe it is a psychological case for you.

But you're really constituting nuisance on this Nigerian cyber space.

REALLY, nigga must you be so HOMOTIONAL!? He was making an ANALOGY!

a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"
a correspondence or partial similarity.
"the syndrome is called deep dysgraphia because of its analogy to deep dyslexia"
a thing which is comparable to something else in significant respects.
"works of art were seen as an analogy for works of nature"

It's NOT necessary to swing your baby fists and flex your chicken muscles EVERY time is it?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2021
Flanker:
mi 24 MK III , AAF

Shouldn't gunships be with army aviation since their task is Close Air Support?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2021
NTSA:

more pics

I do get the advantages of the conversion kit: stability, room for tac addons, better grip and accuracy, reduced recoil and ofc avoiding the legal pitfalls of true carbines, often classified as SMGs therefore inaccessible to civvies.
Maybe I'm just too old school and think its gimmicky! DON'T shoot if you're a fan.

Edit: its the same thinking behind German Janz revolvers. You buy the single gun with multiple barrels and chambers allowing up to 3 calibers escaping the laws STRICTLY limiting the number of guns an owner may have.
The prices MUST be seen to be believed!

As I neared the case, I was dumbstruck by the first price tag that caught my eye–it’s not every day that you see a $14,000 price tag on a revolver!
[url][https://revolverguy.com/the-janz-revolver-the-best-gun-youve-never-heard-of/url]

Yes!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:10am On Sep 12, 2021
Proforce Nigerian Improvised combat vehicle

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Senegal Navy 50 meters OPV

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
South African Navy Ship, SAS Protea

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
NAF agusta Fitted with Nigerian JC-6 Rocket pods

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by youghs: 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Toju200:
NAF agusta Fitted with Nigerian JC-6 Rocket pods

If only Nigeria can develop its own APKWS, it would be a total game changer.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
kikuyu1:

REALLY, nigga must you be so HOMOTIONAL!? He was making an ANALOGY!

It's NOT necessary to swing your baby fists and flex your chicken muscles EVERY time is it?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) (2377) (2378) (2379) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1, GeneralFarouq and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.