Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,385 members, 7,853,707 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (701) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020267 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 15, 2016
lionel4power:
ze]

You don't need to post your comment in bold fonts, whatever happens to the Aradu is entirely dependent on the Navy chiefs & President, and in no way dependent on what defence enthusiasts in the foreign affairs section of Nairaland post online. None of them are nairaland members. Learn to pass your comment in a civil manner.

Your comment has broken Nairaland.com's rule 11.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nigerian navy's foreign language class with Chinese tutors present. In addition to English, Nigerian navy sailors have to learn French, German and Mandarin.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
Nigerian Navy NNS Okpabana

Falcon eye transferred from the previous page.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flames08: 11:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
tdayof:

#bringbackaradu
What?? That Rust bucket?
Hell no
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:18am On Oct 16, 2016
C in C/COAS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ballballo: 1:37am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:54am On Oct 16, 2016
Flames08:

What?? That Rust bucket?
Hell no
Rust bucket?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ballballo: 1:56am On Oct 16, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:59am On Oct 16, 2016
lionel4power:
PLEASE NIGERIANS STOP REQUESTING FOR THE REFIT OF ARADU, WE DESERVE BETTER THAN AN AGEING SHIP.

WE NEED FOUR UNITS OF 4000+ TON CLASS FRIGATES.

ARADU SHOULD BE SUNK BY TORPEDOES.

ALSO PLEASE STOP COMPARING HER TO A DESTROYER. SHE IS A FRIGATE AND EVEN LIGHT COMPARED TO HER CONTEMPORARIES.

WE NEED FOUR 4000+ FRIGATES NOT ONE.

If the government won't buy a new frigate, they should at least put refit aradu.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 6:44am On Oct 16, 2016
Flames08:

What?? That Rust bucket?
Hell no
grin Rust Bucket
Other ships from her days are still in active service, so i disagree.
Aradu is just another example of rot and decay on multi levels.

I sincerely doubt she would get a refit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2016
M14A1:

grin Rust Bucket

Exactly, that's the problem with the Aradu, the low maintenance we saw with the Navy especially during the military days. I mean, the Aradu, Combatantte class ships and the landing ship all saw active action in Sierra-Leone and Liberia. What happened between that time to today. "Do we have to then always have to go back replacing things when they get broken?".

After 25 years, the new Ships that are hypothetically going to be bought would then have to be replaced when they are in need of repairs? Why does it stop.

She would eventually be replaced as the cost of a refit would not be feasible.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flames08: 7:24am On Oct 16, 2016
tdayof:

Rust bucket?
Yeah rusty bucket
M14A1:

grin Rust Bucket
Aradu needs a goodbye kiss and a big torpedo to the side, other ships from her days are either decommissioned or in line. I reckon she would sit nicely at bottom of the sea, off the coast of Lagos, and make for an excellent artificial reef.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:54am On Oct 16, 2016
Henry240:

Exactly, that's the problem with the Aradu, the low maintenance we saw with the Navy especially during the military days. I mean, the Aradu, Combatantte class ships and the landing ship all saw active action in Sierra-Leone and Liberia. What happened between that time to today. "Do we have to then always have to go back replacing things when they get broken?".

After 25 years, the new Ships that are hypothetically going to be bought would then have to be replaced when they are in need of repairs? Why does it stop.

She would eventually be replaced as the cost of a refit would not be feasible.

Its crazy, I've also noticed the age long trend of not officially decommissioning hulls and airframes most times, they simply sail and fly the sheiit out of the hulls and airframes then OUT OF SERVICE just like that.

It's silly to keep running down and replacing, doesn't help anybody
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 7:55am On Oct 16, 2016
Flames08:

Yeah rusty bucket

Aradu needs a goodbye kiss and a big torpedo to the side, other ships from her days are either decommissioned or in line. I reckon she would sit nicely at bottom of the sea, off the coast of Lagos, and make for an excellent artificial reef.
grin
Your case is beyond me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 16, 2016
Henry240:

I don't agree with spending that much money on defence. I admire the Algerian military, however i do not wish to see such a defence build-up in Nigeria. There are hundreds of things to spend that money on. Considering our threat level, Nigeria's maximum Defence budget should be $4.5 - 5 billion.

No offence to the Algerian, however i can bet with that sort of money in the defence sector, corruption in the military would be very high.

There military is massive. 9 new Corvettes (3 from China, 6 Russia), i think 4 Meko 200 frigates, including additional Kilo class submarines. 42 MI-28NE and 1000 Fauch APCs, all new.
i was reading comments from the latest new about american warship being targeted off the coast,one of the commentator said something that i believe the world this is the outlook of african states "the houthis need to understand america is not another african banana republic" the truth is we never spend on anything e.g health,infrastructure,education,agriculture,industrialization e.t.c but we steal from every of those sectors,we live like we are on a honey moon and don't want to compete with the rest of the world.our infrastructure is deplorable,health system is pure anarchy,education system is a laughing stock of the rest of the world e.t.c not that we spend a lot on our military which are themselves in a sad state.we eat a lot and do absolutely nothing,while the rest of the world is moving at a breakneck rate

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 16, 2016
South-Africa

The SA made SAS Drakensburg and Denel Oryx

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2016
Your Story: Kenya Wildlife Service ivory contraband sniffer Dog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ChkzV-2riw&feature=share

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:58am On Oct 16, 2016
Henry240:
South-Africa
Caption : The SA made SAS Drakensburg and Denel Oryx smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2016
off topic:the same america navy USS Mason came under attack off the yemen coast with anti ship missiles,this is why i am repeating again.we need land based anti ship missiles launchers

US officials say a new round of missiles targeting an American warship in the Red Sea has been fired from a region of Yemen controlled by Houthi fighters.

The USS Mason, a destroyer, launched countermeasures and was not hit in Saturday's strike.

Three US warships in the Red Sea detected the missiles, the US military said, amid rising tensions with the Iran-allied group.

"The Mason once again appears to have come under attack in the Red Sea, again from coastal defence cruise missiles fired from the coast of Yemen," Admiral John Richardson, chief of naval operations, announced on Saturday in Baltimore.

US officials initially said that surface-to-surface missiles had been fired at the USS Mason, USS Nitze and USS Ponce off the coast of Yemen starting around 19:30 GMT, though it was unclear how many.
read more http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/yemen-war-ship-faces-houthi-missiles-161016034018318.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:08am On Oct 16, 2016
M14A1:

Its crazy, I've also noticed the age long trend of not officially decommissioning hulls and airframes most times, they simply sail and fly the sheiit out of the hulls and airframes then OUT OF SERVICE just like that.

It's silly to keep running down and replacing, doesn't help anybody

Whatever aged the Aradu would age other new frigates if purchased. The ship itself is not old, I mean we still have strike crafts commissioned in the 70s still in active service in the SAN. Before rushing into refitting or buying a frigate, your navy could better launch a formal inquiry on how a young ship like the Aradu got into this current state otherwise your navy could keep going in circles.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Airstrikes launched in Sinai Peninsula following attack on Egyptian army post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXnFG-bVoJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lf9dGN_YQs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 16, 2016
Tanzanian army K-9 demonstration

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:29am On Oct 16, 2016
Flames08:

Yeah rusty bucket

Story for the gods.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2016
africaken254:
off topic:the same america navy USS Mason came under attack off the yemen coast with anti ship missiles,this is why i am repeating again.we need land based anti ship missiles launchers

read more http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/10/yemen-war-ship-faces-houthi-missiles-161016034018318.html

The threat?

Rather buy Frigates, OPV, Oilers etc.

Managed to get info on the cruise missiles used by the Hauthis?

Active counter measures (missiles) seem to be working.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Whatever aged the Aradu would age other new frigates if purchased. The ship itself is not old, I mean we still have strike crafts commissioned in the 70s still in active service in the SAN. Before rushing into refitting or buying a frigate, your navy could better launch a formal inquiry on how a young ship like the Aradu got into this current state otherwise your navy could keep going in circles.

This has always been my argument.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 16, 2016
United States, Zambia joint exercise

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2016
MikeCZA:

The threat?

Rather buy Frigates, OPV, Oilers etc.

Managed to get info on the cruise missiles used by the Hauthis?

Active counter measures (missiles) seem to be working.
the few frigates,OPV,Oiler e.t.c just like what happened to iraq navy during Gulf war 1.will be totally eliminated thus not hindering an amphibious landing on your shores.now if you have land based anti-ship missiles,a barrage of those anti-ship missiles (even sub-sonic anti-ship missiles) would seriously threaten any ship anchored or sailing across and near your coast.
even after an israeli warship was hit by a hezbollah anti-ship missile,israel was not able to track the launcher,because those launchers can easily hide among civilian traffic or sheltered among the sprawling urban dwelling near the coast

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:57am On Oct 16, 2016
Henry240:
United States, Zambia joint exercise

I know this is an exercise but the picture ain't right grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Karaduwa P102

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2016
Sudanese army recruits

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2016
africaken254:
i was reading comments from the latest new about american warship being targeted off the coast,one of the commentator said something that i believe the world this is the outlook of african states "the houthis need to understand america is not another african banana republic" the truth is we never spend on anything e.g health,infrastructure,education,agriculture,industrialization e.t.c but we steal from every of those sectors,we live like we are on a honey moon and don't want to compete with the rest of the world.our infrastructure is deplorable,health system is pure anarchy,education system is a laughing stock of the rest of the world e.t.c not that we spend a lot on our military which are themselves in a sad state.we eat a lot and do absolutely nothing,while the rest of the world is moving at a breakneck rate
Not to sound like an alarmist but many African countries are about to be left permanently underdeveloped with the advent of exponential technologies.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 16, 2016
Seened:

Not to sound like an alarmist but many African countries are about to be left permanently underdeveloped with the advent of exponential technologies.
pentagon was forced to release this video ,through freedom of information by intercept an online publication news organization.how the future threat will emanate from the growing mega cities,developing countries e.t.c

According to a startling Pentagon video obtained by The Intercept, the future of global cities will be an amalgam of the settings of "Escape from New York" and "Robocop" — with dashes of the "Warriors" and "Divergent" thrown in. It will be a world of Robert Kaplan-esque urban hellscapes — brutal and anarchic supercities filled with gangs of youth-gone-wild, a restive underclass, criminal syndicates, and bands of malicious hackers.

At least that's the scenario outlined in "Megacities: Urban Future, the Emerging Complexity," a five-minute video that has been used at the Pentagon's Joint Special Operations University. All that stands between the coming chaos and the good people of Lagos and Dhaka (or maybe even New York City) is the U.S. Army, according to the video, which The Intercept obtained via the Freedom of Information Act

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPdOZbyzbw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.