Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) (50730 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 6:02am On Aug 07, 2013
)
collynzo2: I get so annoyed when people seat comfortably somewhere overseas and talk about revolution. Do you think Nigerians are fools? Come back and lead the revolution. You ran away to US to enjoy the sweat of their fore-fathers and you are also waiting for Nigerians at home to spill their blood for the country to get better so you can come back and enjoy too. What name do they call people like you? Someone help me with the right word.
how many people do you employee in Nigeria? How many motherless childeren have you paid the school fees how many widows have you helped. I spend 6 months out of the year in 9 ja and if you could do it like this you would too. I make money here and invest it back home. So please let me know how many familes your sweat supports? By the way I was born in the USA and most of those in my shoes don't give a damn about Nigeria. They don't even get why I am bent on investing my money in a country where my own people don't give a damn, because of the same attitude you are displaying here. My parents don't even rep 9 ja like I do. So call me what you want because in the states they call me stupid for investing money to give people jobs in 9 ja.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 6:24am On Aug 07, 2013
Gamesmart:

You are silly!

We are not saying you should spill your blood. Just make sure you complain and condemn when you can to those that are scared of your opinion.

Not be celebrating the 55th birthday of the person that looted you and say "at least he built a toilet in my local government, he tried", or be praying for Umblerra/Plane-flying governor to recover quickly in Germany [to return to loot you more].

If you cannot do that, guess who would feel the pain? .............You are guaranteed it is not those that "ran away" while no one gave you visa to run. It is your arsse that would face accidental discharge from these animals in uniform, Boko Haram slaughtering you for reading a book that is not Quran and visiting a hospital is waste of time and accelerate to your death because it is under-equipped as those that run the budget know they can fly to UK/US/Germany.

COMPLAIN AND CONDEMN! Ensure you spread the outrage everyday and see how some might even be willing to die to make a change. Your complaints will make even those close to power kick out the i-diots like GEJ in power quickly.
Thank you my dear as you said it I never support any type of blood shed you spoke well, trust me I am use to that type of insult from people that especially are benefiting from looting. I could live in Nigeria even get a job in government and loot the system, but I refuse to be a part of it, my life in. Nigeria is 100 times better then what I live in America but I refuse to eat from blood money!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by mickyarams: 6:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Corruption mentality is enshrined in the bone marrows of Nigerians from politicians to pastors imams poilice, in short that country is hopeless!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 6:28am On Aug 07, 2013
Prof Corruption: [size=18pt]The police confirmed the officer will face an “orderly room tial.”[/size]
The Nigeria Police Force has detained an officer caught on tape demanding bribe from a traffic offender, in a rare display of prompt disciplinary action.The police made the announcement in a Facebook post on Tuesday. The police said the erring officer, whose video clip has since gone viral in Nigeria social media space, is awaiting an “orderly room trial;” the Nigeria Police version of court.

The police admitted the officer is a sergeant attached to the Lagos State Command Motor Traffic Division.
“The Inspector General of Police IGP MD Abubakar has directed the Commissioner of Police Lagos State to ensure that the orderly room trial is concluded in record time,” the post on Facebook said. Police officers are considered the most corrupt public officials in Nigeria. Cases of extortion by the officers are so commonplace that most citizens consider it the norm.The Nigeria police is also notorious for harrasments, framing citizens, extrajudicial killings, and other forms of abuses.Although police misconduct is a common knowledge among Nigerians, the spread of smartphones has aided citizens to report some abuse cases to the public.

In the last one month, at least two video clips of police officers misusing their positions went viral. In one instance, an officer, a personal assistant of the River State governor, Rotimi Amaechi, was seen manhandling a Rivers lawmaker who had caused chaos in the Assembly.The IGP, however, assured Nigerians of zero tolerance to any form of corrupt practices involving any police officer. The police have introduced an email, policemonitor@npf.gov.ng, where they promise confidentiality for citizens reporting police misconduct.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142386-nigerian-police-arrest-officer-caught-on-tape-demanding-bribe.html
see no bloodshed just simple exposure, when they know we are taking action
No blood shed is needed, we must crawl before we walk even if he is in jail for 1 week we are getting somewhere! They have been warned that we are going to make changes!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ayolatun(m): 7:05am On Aug 07, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]shey na today e dey. Dats hw police behave world wide.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2013
Drdreluv: how did Ɣ☺u download it on Ɣ☺ΰr bb

Open the video link inmYoutube with ur bb browser. Replace the 'www.' with 'ss', and hit d enter button. U will be redirected to a new page where u can save the video to ur bb
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by searay(m): 7:37am On Aug 07, 2013
To God be the glory
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by blaqoracle: 8:03am On Aug 07, 2013
Chamber10: What a shame. I have downloaded the video for necessary follow up action. shocked shocked angry
it is a common trend for us,nigerians to always be emotional in every discourse we are engaged in. It is not enough for us to show disdain or repudiate every action that may seem unpalatable to our sense.we fail to realise that we are culpable in this socio malady called corruption.we are all as guilty, whether in actions and in words, as well as these infamous policemen.what have we imparted into the nigerian police that will turn them into role models. is it our attitude of contempt and suspiscion towards the job of policeman or the uncompromising altitude of the public toward the police that will be the best out of police? the nigerian institutions such as the police is doomed to fail because the rank and file is usually excluded from rising to the top position by the system.do you think that a police that believe he could one day rise to the position of IGP will insist on collecting a 20 nair
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by halfcurrent(m): 8:32am On Aug 07, 2013
As if the IG is not aware that his men are so shameless and corrupt.
Is he not the one that creates the enabling conditions for bribe taking in the Police force?
Policies such as the ban on the use tinted glass vehicle with unclear terms are clear enablers for bribe.
The recent mandate to demand reciepts for plate no. by police (even for vehicles that were bought over 10yrs ago) at almost all check point is also a good enabler for bribe. I wonder what they intend to achieve with that.
For me, it is very easy to address corruption in the Police force.; I believe the IG, AIGs, Commissioners, and DPOs knows what to do, however they would not do nothing because (and I believe) they all have their shares in the loot. What a shame!!!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 8:35am On Aug 07, 2013
Oga waziu, dat man wen I enter him jeep no wan comply well, he say na 2000 naira em get, I won turn am over to oga. =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

If you are a corrupt police officer and u r here, just know that you are next so amend your ways b4 its too late. L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by andyanders: 8:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Ngozi Braide or Bread. the spokes woman for the Nigerian police thieves will not come out and arrest this guy and let people know she is working.If this guy is not caught with the camera, the Nigeria police will dismiss this.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by andyanders: 9:03am On Aug 07, 2013
Nigerian policeman cannot even change when they are in the grave as I was told by someone who died and came back that they still man the gate of hell and were still seen asking for bribe
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by chinedum45(m): 9:19am On Aug 07, 2013
Once I was helping my brother convey a truck he bought in VI to oshodi unknown to me such trucks are not allowed on 3rd mainland bridge. I directed the driver to pass there. Half way this police guys stopped us and threatened to take us to alausa. I stroke a deal and was freed for 5k. If I dint give in, I would have gone to alausa, paid more money and loss precious time.
THE POLICE IS UR FRIEND. CORPORATE AND U SHALL ENJOY THEM.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 07, 2013
I no fit shout! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 07, 2013
PapiDShipCapt: Oga waziu, dat man wen I enter him jeep no wan comply well, he say na 2000 naira em get, I won turn am over to oga. =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

If you are a corrupt police officer and u r here, just know that you are next so amend your ways b4 its too late. L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿

The phone call self na lie, the policeman no get airtime for that him china phone grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by adeyemik: 9:56am On Aug 07, 2013
Inspector General see turn unsuspecting Nigerians to mobile ATM machine. Wetin you go do to this your boy now?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by SANdos: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2013
wetin u wan confirm again?
ndu_chucks: I don't buy this crap. How was the diaspora resident able to video the Policeman who was on the front sit without the knowledge of the Policeman?

Gullible Nigerians!!! No wonder your leaders continue to screw you people with impunity.

Did you people confirm the authenticity of the video?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 07, 2013
why watch a video of something you can see live everyday, its like watching p0rn when a h0rny girl is on your bed
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 10:30am On Aug 07, 2013
kunletiwoo:

The phone call self na lie, the policeman no get airtime for that him china phone grin grin grin

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) laff don hook for ma teeth oo, abeg pass me tooth pick jawee

But on a 2nd tot, reason ow d officer had felt when d video got to his view. I guess his body temperation wuld be as equivalent as the temp of 15 slabs of 5kg industrial ice blocks put together.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by PapiDShipCapt(m): 11:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Double post
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Never understimate the power of technology a.k.a social networking. Operation screw one, get one free. ew! That traffic warden policeman is so screwed!! his full face was caught on camera
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by TayoT: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2013
ndu_chucks: I don't buy this crap. How was the diaspora resident able to video the Policeman who was on the front sit without the knowledge of the Policeman?

Gullible Nigerians!!! No wonder your leaders continue to screw you people with impunity.

Did you people confirm the authenticity of the video?
The person who made this video is my guy. Confirmed.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Femiolaleye: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
I wont he as 4 bribe? Wen is a useless person after payin him. We civilians are d one killing ourselves. We should stop giving dem bribe n c wer dey will get money to drink b4 killing us and told us dat we pay 4 their misbehaving
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
this the real Nigerian police in action
always onsite and on-time so long cash is involve for offenders
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by yomtolly(f): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame to NPF
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by lawbabs: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
Information reaching me confirmed the police officer has been arrested this morning. My fear is that they will only transfer him to one remote location... and he won't be prosecuted...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
You guys should stop bashing the police, it never solve's the problem. If i work in the police and am paid 15K naira to 20K naira, i will do the same thing, i don't care what u say on the net, They should allow state policing and allow the state to fund the police at least the minimum salary should be 50-60K naira a month plus they should also give them allowances especially those who has family.. All this bribery will reduce/vanish.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by DisGuy: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
ikp4succes: You guys should stop bashing the police, it never solve's the problem. If i work in the police and am paid 15K naira to 20K naira, i will do the same thing, i don't care what u say on the net, They should allow state policing and allow the state to fund the police at least the minimum salary should be 50-60K naira a month plus they should also give them allowances especially those who has family.. All this bribery will reduce/vanish.

IF THEY know the salary is not enough why cant the look for better job if they think they are qualified, if you pay nigerian police 100k/month they will still be corrupt! the oga at the top are stealing money wit hal the perks of the job so what difference would it make? they get paid more than 15k, they get housing, the get insurance and healthcare
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by guccimilan(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
please, I want to ask how was is recorded that the man didn't know?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dis Guy:

IF THEY know the salary is not enough why cant the look for better job if they think they are qualified, if you pay nigerian police 100k/month they will still be corrupt! the oga at the top are stealing money wit hal the perks of the job so what difference would it make? they get paid more than 15k, they get housing, the get insurance and healthcare

Are you sure?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by DisGuy: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
naijababe:

Are you sure?

WHICH part?

housing? police baracks

insurance? yes/

or the pay?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures As Tinubu Attends Shettima's Daughter's Wedding Ceremony / Heavy Smoke In Port Harcourt (pictures) / Rochas Okorocha's Convoy Attacked In Imo, Police Officer Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.