Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) (50743 Views)

Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki / How To Report Any Nigerian Policeman Asking For Bail Money / Farouk Lawan Collected $600K Bribe - Video Of Legislooting - OBJ at work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
^ All of it, I mean do they really get all these benefits as opposed to it being written on a piece of paper somewhere?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by DisGuy: 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
naijababe: ^ All of it, I mean do they really get all these benefits as opposed to it being written on a piece of paper somewhere?

Well, theY surely cant get lower thAN civil servant minimum wage, just read somewhere new constable start on 28k-40-graduates 70-100k, for accommodation they have [dirty] barracks all over the place cant state categorically if this applies to all of them but i doubt these guys live with civilians; insurance they have life and personal accident insurance by FG/private nominated companies, these benefits are under their own management mostly- so if anything they are cheating themselves
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Akiika: 5:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
As much as i condemn the rogue policeman's action and support a harsh punishment for his unprofessionalism, i also demand that the motorist be prosecuted, offering bribe is a crime too. Most people are habitual law breakers. That's the level of the society's moral decadence. This is sadly the norm in Nigeria, bribe your way through everything. CORRUPTION incorporated...from top down!
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good to see that HQ has reacted swiftly.

...“The Policeman involved in the unprofessional and shameful act as seen in a video clip currently in circulation on the social media has been identified.

“He is a Sergeant with Force Number 192954 (Name withheld) attached to the Lagos State Command Motor Traffic Division (State MTD). He has been arrested and currently in detention awaiting the commencement of his orderly room trial (Nigeria Police version of court).

“The Inspector General of Police IGP MD Abubakar has directed the Commissioner of Police Lagos State to ensure that the orderly room trial is concluded in record time. The IGP therefore reiterates his assurance to the public of his zero tolerance to any form of corrupt practices involving any Police officer.

“He equally advises citizens to take advantage of the use of the Nigeria Police Force’ complaint email address; policemonitor@npf.gov.ng which guarantees their confidentiality in forwarding all manners of complaints of unethical conduct involving any Police officer or security agent for necessary action.”

Source
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ajasa4link: 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
eGuerrilla: Good to see that HQ has reacted swiftly.

Source
why should his name be withheld after we've seen his face already? what are they protecting again?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by DisGuy: 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
ajasa4link: why should his name be withheld after we've seen his face already? what are they protecting again?

HE'll soon be working somewhere Taraba state or old jalingo- they keep recycling their criminals
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ustyne: 6:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Everyone seems to forget the driver's offence. Dude u no try as u upload this video, either way the cop did u a favour. Or would u have rather paid 25k for traffic offence? U r as guilty cos u negotiated the bribe, and probably paid. I'm certain you have given money to jump fuel queues! Ain't that bribe?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by taiwobr: 8:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
let wait and see what the police force wll do about this,my brother you are lucky the bastard didnt know that u are capturing him otherwise it would have been another accidental discharge
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by mukailasule(m): 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
na waooo
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Btruth: 9:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Oju ole re, ole! See thief face......lol. Talk better thing! talk better thing now.......lol. Thief in black uniform....... Ole buruku, barawo!

grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by pappilo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
He's been dismissed
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by lonelydora: 10:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
He has been dismissed. IGP gave Lagos State commissioner 24 hours to produce him. Chris why now?
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by coogar: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
he has been transferred to borno state to train the civilian JTF. tongue
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Good people of nairaland, this lady needs your help. https://www.nairaland.com/1388182/nairalanders-folake-needs
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by CyberG: 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
biafranqueen: ) how many people do you employee in Nigeria? How many motherless childeren have you paid the school fees how many widows have you helped. I spend 6 months out of the year in 9 ja and if you could do it like this you would too. I make money here and invest it back home. So please let me know how many familes your sweat supports? By the way I was born in the USA and most of those in my shoes don't give a damn about Nigeria. They don't even get why I am bent on investing my money in a country where my own people don't give a damn, because of the same attitude you are displaying here. My parents don't even rep 9 ja like I do. So call me what you want because in the states they call me stupid for investing money to give people jobs in 9 ja.

I am sure all your good works were done not just for the country but for your "family". Hope you don't show up in Nigeria with your kind of name in the wrong parts of the country. Just a small advice! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by mkoabiola: 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Even if he is tried and dismissedzndat will deter hs colleagues,
Na normal parol 4 police
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by westbuoi(m): 12:21am On Aug 08, 2013
I believe there must be a school where they are formally trained to talk and act in the same manner with threats and everything possible.I have been asked before whether I do not have an ATM card
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by toshmann(m): 1:35am On Aug 08, 2013
So policewoman don completely discharge from this thread abi grin
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by biafranqueen: 2:06am On Aug 08, 2013
CyberG:

I am sure all your good works were done not just for the country but for your "family". Hope you don't show up in Nigeria with your kind of name in the wrong parts of the country. Just a small advice! grin grin
Is that a threat shocked Yes it is for my family you can help people and still make money is that not what Dangote is doing making money and giving people jobs. I pay above the minimum wage by 18% for non-graduate positions, and my people receive performance pay bonus every 6 months, the security officer makes more then your Governors personal assistant.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Dogzimalon: 3:24am On Aug 08, 2013
This is not the first either will it be the last this will happen they are all over the place oooo.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Gamesmart: 6:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Akiika: As much as i condemn the rogue policeman's action and support a harsh punishment for his unprofessionalism, i also demand that the motorist be prosecuted, offering bribe is a crime too. Most people are habitual law breakers. That's the level of the society's moral decadence. This is sadly the norm in Nigeria, bribe your way through everything. CORRUPTION incorporated...from top down!

ustyne: Everyone seems to forget the driver's offence. Dude u no try as u upload this video, either way the cop did u a favour. Or would u have rather paid 25k for traffic offence? U r as guilty cos u negotiated the bribe, and probably paid. I'm certain you have given money to jump fuel queues! Ain't that bribe?

I wonder where people like you hide their brains.

You think the citizens should be prosecuted so they should be scared to expose such crimes?

In sane societies like the West, it is only the official seeking a bribe that would be prosecuted, not the citizen setting him up and exposing him.

I hope people like you never end up in decision-making positions in Nigeria. We already have enough useless officials running the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ustyne: 7:41am On Aug 08, 2013
Akiika get a life, I wonder if u have a problem getting the point. Next time you are caught for traffic offence, offer to be prosecuted and upload the video.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ustyne: 7:44am On Aug 08, 2013
That was meant for Gamesmart, Not Akiika.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Gamesmart: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2013
ustyne: That was meant for Gamesmart, Not Akiika.

Get a life that lets you know our problem is not people paying fines, our problem is corrupt people limiting society.

If the police is incorruptible, there would not be any bribes. That is the point! I hope it landed in your brain and you got it.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by seunspice(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2013
@Akiika. Thrice in the last 4 months i have had to deal with police manipulations in lagos. They will pass ur lane and whenu are right in the middle stop you and claim you broke traffic control. It happened to me once and strangers around me on the road twice. On all occassions i went with them to the police station proved my innocence and the 2 other guys without a fuss other than my precious time wasted.
Some Nigerians dont know what their rights are and Government does not educate the citizenry on appropriate laws made. How many Lagosians know details of the new lagos traffic laws?
So we operate in an environment that is positioned for the police and other agencies like lastma to harass and exploit the unwise amongst us. Just yesterday on 3rd mainland bridge around 6pm there was a convoy of nscdc staff and officials blaring sirens and forcing cars out of the way in massive traffic. I stayed put and made then move behind me from Unilag waterfront to oworonshoki bye pass without flinching. Couldnt help but laugh at the reaction of other road users who were so scared.
Since we are not sure of what transpired before the video recording began, the only crime i see in the video is the request for a bribe and haggling of the bribe amount by the policeman. The driver might argue in any court.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by md003: 12:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
they should have just suspended the cop for may be 4 months but not sack. how does he take care of his family now.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by YoshiMaster: 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
Gamesmart:

I wonder where people like you hide their brains.

You think the citizens should be prosecuted so they should be scared to expose such crimes?

In sane societies like the West, it is only the official seeking a bribe that would be prosecuted, not the citizen setting him up and exposing him.

I hope people like you never end up in decision-making positions in Nigeria. We already have enough useless officials running the country.

That only applies if it was intended to be a sting operation.

In America, if you offer a bribe to a police officer, you get charged.

So there was no need to diss the guy, he had a very valid point.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Memyselfu2009(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Abeg I know what this guy did is bad but he is better than those who steal our money and take it to another country to invest. What's happen to our subsidy removal money aka thee sure programme... them just they steal our money what this guy didn't na small thing jare while other in the govt steal billion meant for people
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by hatak(m): 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
OAM4J:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqv2vZUjCuk

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151518638447553&set=vb.608657552&type=2&theater

What a shame!
i beg can someone in the house explain how this clever man could succeed in filming this corrupt officer without his knowing?We need to know this so that we can catch them in drones.
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by Shine1177: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
I saw Channels TV this morning that the name "Omeleze Chris" that this officer bears is not his real name but his classmate name whom they graduate from secondary school together in 1987, his own name is "Festus Osuaghor" Channels TV has complicated his travails as he will now face trial for Identity Theft so i hear because he must have used that persons certificate to gain employment into the Nigeria Police Force.

When someone pray for you that God will announce you to the world please let tell such person to rephrase his prayers because the officer has been announce to his world but for evil. God help us. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by ajasa4link: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
Shine1177: I saw Channels TV this morning that the name "Omeleze Chris" that this officer bears is not his real name but his classmate name whom they graduate from secondary school together in 1987, his own name is "Festus Osuaghor" Channels TV has complicated his travails as he will now face trial for Identity Theft so i hear because he must have used that persons certificate to gain employment into the Nigeria Police Force.

When someone pray for you that God will announce you to the world please let tell such person to rephrase his prayers because the officer has been announce to his world but for evil. God help us. Amen.
interesting!...
Re: Nigerian Police Officer Asking For Bribe (Video) by westbuoi(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
md003: they should have just suspended the cop for may be 4 months but not sack. how does he take care of his family now.

If only you knew how many nigerians toil all day long,only to end up emptying all they have to these ''daring black clothed armed robbers'' called the police,you wont be saying this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fresh $319m Abacha Loot In Uk, France - US / Akpabio Dances Gbe Body, Zanku To Celebrate His Ministerial Appointment (Photos) / Heavy Smoke In Port Harcourt (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.