Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 (36953 Views)

You Kidding Me? Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 / John Fashanu Confirms Tb Joshua Predicted Super Eagles Match To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by eio2013: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
hahahahahahah...i love this man. FIFA where are u now?
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Austeenxx: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Why this garri dey sour like this na?
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by 2rutalk1: 1:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
chimmy_2: One of the odder stories in recent days comes from Senegal where a referee stopped a game to break his Ramadan fast.

The game between Casa Sport and Yeggo was half-an-hour old when referee Ousseynou Gueye suspended play so his officials could have a drink and eat on the side of the pitch. Despite being heckled by spectators, Gueye finished his snack before resuming.

"Legally, it is not possible to stop a match to break the fast," he said afterwards. "But you can enjoy a break in the game to meet a health need. The human body needs water."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/227755.html

Wonders shall never end...
. lol
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Heyzee200(m): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
potentials: if at al dz actually hapnd,den d dude nids to b sacked wif immidiate effect,nOnSeNsE!
Islam teaches its followers to fast reluctantly and break the fast eagerly!duh!next time..ask questions before u make ill-comments...

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
naptu2: He is actually right. FIFA allows you to have a break for health reasons (remember the water breaks in the heat of USA 94?).
hmmmm.... really?
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Heyzee200(m): 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
potentials: if at al dz actually hapnd,den d dude nids to b sacked wif immidiate effect,nOnSeNsE!
Islam teaches its followers to fast reluctantly and break the fast eagerly!duh!next time..ask questions before u make ill comments...
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by arabanibaba: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
am a xtian and am in support of what he did cos as a sport u needed water at some point good ref carry go jor

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by mankind80(m): 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Itz only in countries lyk senegal that can hapun!...no refree wil try dat in any developed country's league...smh

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by deols(f): 1:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wow. I like him.

I will do same in his situation.

Muslim first, that is what he showed. No compromise.

And he found a part of the law to support what he did. That is Smart.

My younger bro was going to take part in a national sports event. The organisers were told, if you put it in Ramadan, we will not participate. The timing was made to suit them. That is what a Muslim does.

Islam dominates, anywhere, anytime.

4 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Assessor(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Interesting!
Proudly a Muslim anywhere*

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Donmichaelz(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Stop a match to say What's up to Mohammed....dats cool
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by deols(f): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
mankind80: Itz only in countries lyk senegal that can hapun!...no refree wil try dat in any developed country's league...smh

That exactly this hasnt happened doesnt mean it can not.

Hakeem Olajuwon(hope i am right) was provided a mosque beside his training facility.

So many changes have been made to suit the Muslims in international leagues.

Read this link for a synopsis how Muslims are changing the premier league

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by BroRhema(m): 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Make him n0 eat neh? Mak una free d chairman 0o jareh
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
I am sorry to say but Muslims are a bunch of hippocrate.
When I was serving in Nassarawa, I entered a Bus from Lafia-their capital city to Nassarawa Eggon. All of a sudden the bus just stopped. Only to see the driver leaving the bus without any apology. The only explanation I got was that it is time to pray.You wander that kind of place would be heaven on earth as them they communicate with God. The most currupt set of person I've seen in my life are in Nassarawa Eggon Local Goverment Secretariat. Their corrupt head dubbling as chairman refused to pay our allowances even threatening us saying 'do your worse'.
It is pathetic to us as a Nation very religious and Corrupt.
Go to Lagos-Ibadan this weekend and confirm my saying. Same set of rough drivers that would curse themselves would drive into that place of worship.
Same religious persons marry underage.....Nassarawa has one of the highest HIV incidence rate and sexual roforofo in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by adeboolusegun(m): 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
fallacy
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Gudiza(m): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
I hope they shared for everybody for stadium sha...

spongeback: Ref go try am for brazil
lol....make them give im limbs Premium packaging.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by moscobabs(m): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
Last to comment sa!!!
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by tayoccu(m): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
The match was already 30 mins old, why didn't he just wait till half time, Instead of breaking the laws of the game?

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Phonon: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
grin
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Kollins12: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
He has shown dedication and total submission to the will of almighty ALLAH,and his piety is an exemplary one worthy of commendation and emulation.May ALLAH accept our Ibaadah. Happy Iedel Fitri in advance.

4 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by roxell120(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
ana m anu? jangle the bells for he has broken a great record.rubbish.fasting publicist.such doesn't appeal to God. all agbero in my neighborhood are fasting too and they dont waste time to let anyone know they are fasting. "I de fast nah " Dat act is a mockery to the almighty God.

3 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by collynzo2(m): 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
The Senegalese fans who were shouting at him to continue the match are also Muslims. This ref is just an extremist! A terrorist in the making. Some Muslim medical doctors have left their good jobs in the past to become suicide bombers,watch this referee!

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
Imagine say I be striker, I wan score goal for very tough match, our last chance for the game of 0:0...
...But I pause, kneel down begin pray "Angelus" because I b catholic and its 6pm!!!

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Gudiza(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
Kollins12: He has shown dedication and total submission to the will of almighty ALLAH,and his piety is an exemplary one worthy of commendation and emulation.May ALLAH accept our Ibaadah. Happy Iedel Fitri in advance.

Le him leave the job and fast at home.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by jakesund(m): 2:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Imagine if this happens in a champions league final match cheesy
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Beaf1: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Religious bigots.

...Why did you have to fast when you have a match to officiate?

Wow!
So he should refuse to observe his fast because of some useless satan head that will be kicked around the pit?

Games are stopped or delayed as long as possible because of injuries. Kini Big deal. 60 secs is enough for the Ref to take a bottle of water.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Anniettieufia(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Show o !
The Referee really made a good use of his "Common Sense "

May be it was not really for a show, it could be on health conditions,
And since there's not yet an international specified regulations on it, he would not be judged.c.

I think now that it has become an incidence and had it been it was in Nigeria FIFA would consider a regulation for it..
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Dharyhor: 2:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Religious bigots.

...Why did you have to fast when you have a match to officiate?
fasting doesn't mean u leave d normal activities dat u do. and moreover if he know dat is nt officially allowed 4 him 2 suspend d match he wont

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
owolabifunke14: Good for the ref. If he dies out of hunger the game would still go on.chop chop no be sin
abi o.
why man dey work?no be to chop and if him no chop how him go work??
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by roxell120(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Beaf!:

Wow!
So he should refuse to observe his fast because of some useless satan head that will be kicked around the pit?

Games are stopped or delayed as long as possible because of injuries. Kini Big deal. 60 secs is enough for the Ref to take a bottle of water.

abeg na water em take break am abi fruit? fruits take some time to be munched properly oo. he must ve spent some time munching and clearing his throat
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Neaman(m): 2:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wat of if to say person be wan score goal wen em pause dat match.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[video] JJ Okocha: Best Freekicks Ever @ PSG Bolton Nigeria Fenerbahce Frankfurt / Bulgaria Vs England Match Stopped Twice Due To Racist Abuse At Players (Photos) / Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.