Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 (36951 Views)

You Kidding Me? Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 / John Fashanu Confirms Tb Joshua Predicted Super Eagles Match To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Skmoda360(m): 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
chimmy_2: One of the odder stories in recent days comes from Senegal where a referee stopped a game to break his Ramadan fast.

The game between Casa Sport and Yeggo was half-an-hour old when referee Ousseynou Gueye suspended play so his officials could have a drink and eat on the side of the pitch. Despite being heckled by spectators, Gueye finished his snack before resuming.

"Legally, it is not possible to stop a match to break the fast," he said afterwards. "But you can enjoy a break in the game to meet a health need. The human body needs water."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/227755.html

Wonders shall never end...
There is nothing strange over this issue.....oga park well
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by brosdoncome(m): 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
I.am.sadiq:
Nairaland would say no abuse buh this christians are fund of insultive words,if yu are relating sme1's mistake to his religion then it means christianity nd d bible really support homosexuality,hmm mehn religion of gays nd lesbians nawa oO

From ur name, Sad-di.c.k cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by oyeyipow(m): 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
But he cld have waited till half-time na, dude deserves a lengthy ban

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by DMainMan: 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nyc 1 my bro in Islam
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Make him try am during chelsea and manchester united match

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
I hope he won't mind ,if a doctor leaves the brain or chest of his mother open, to break his fast...dumb arab slaves.

And people are cheering him? embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by sallyopy(f): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
potentials: if at al dz actually hapnd,den d dude nids to b sacked wif immidiate effect,nOnSeNsE!
for wht?
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by PStacks(m): 4:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
What sort of non-sense is this? Who send am?

Didint he know he was fasting before agreeing to officiate the match.. This is rubbish nao.. Mtcheeeew! We would copy from oyinbo and turn it upside down.. Guuush!

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by tayokem(m): 4:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
potentials: if at al dz actually hapnd,den d dude nids to b sacked wif immidiate effect,nOnSeNsE!
you don't know what you're saying. Better port to Islam before its too late
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by roxell120(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Vonwolf:

No he won't took it.
ure funny dude.that grammar is thundrous and earth -quaking
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by abacusCm(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Why is it that in this country we always based our arguement on tribalism and religion.bcs the ref stop match and ate snacks to break his fast has been come something else.what of in a situation whereby a player spend close to 10mins on d field due to injury treatment,will u accuse d ref for stopping d match?

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by raeez(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
godjohnson: Make him try am during chelsea and manchester united match
when chelsea were touring in asia dis july that just went by they took some time of during their matches to drink water so what are we saying. So just because it has islam tag on it u just assume its bad without using ur reasoning faculty

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by ignis: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
You can go and sack him.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
tayokem: you don't know what you're saying. Better port to Islam before its too late
we reject. no one is interested in being an arab slave and the follower of a pedophile warlord .

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by fagbalex(m): 5:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
there is nothin bad in what the referee did. in Islam, when the time to break reach you should try to take something even if its water, the referee did exactly. Allahu akbar! Ramadan Kareem and happy eid fitri in advance to my Muslim brothers and sisters in Islam.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by OjukwuManhood: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Such a person can kill because of religion and that is what we are witnessing here in Nigeria, product of fanatic religion!

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Youngtekkey(m): 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
I.am.sadiq:
Nairaland would say no abuse buh this christians are fund of insultive words,if yu are relating sme1's mistake to his religion then it means christianity nd d bible really support homosexuality,hmm mehn religion of gays nd lesbians nawa oO
[s]
I.am.sadiq:
[/s]
I.am.sadiq:
idiot can u prove just a piece in the bible that support homosexuality,i can see that ur reasoning faculty is low and u are an animal to ulter such words with ur stinking mouth at least we all kn

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Kingspin(m): 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Dnt be too carried in what ever thing u do in life..Its never 2 late to correct them.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
pboiskinpy: he no for eat by the pitch side alone.He for go artisan go buy ram,kill am,cook am,eat am...before coming back.......#I jux de pass oo,Maka Ndi uta...*singingo-obago*
dry
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Religious bigotS.

...Why did you have to fast when you have a match to officiate?
is the ref 2? 2ndly ur post shlda bn the other way round. Instead of "...Why did you have to fast when you have a match to officiate" it shld be "why did u have to officiate When u are fasting." Its our Religion first before anything. Ramadan Kareem

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Youngtekkey: [s][/s] idiot can u prove just a piece in the bible that support homosexuality,i can see that ur reasoning faculty is low and u are an animal to ulter such words with ur stinking mouth at least we all kn
he didn't say the words with his mouth, he typed it. Go and check the 'new gay bible' u'll find it there.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ojukwu Manhood: Such a person can kill because of religion and that is what we are witnessing here in Nigeria, product of fanatic religion!
its not compulsory u post a comment.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: we reject. no one is interested in being an arab slave and the follower of a pedophile warlord .
u'll rather be an Isreali slave right?? SMH

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I hope he won't mind ,if a doctor leaves the brain or chest of his mother open, to break his fast...dumb arab slaves.

have u ever heard of this? "PRIDE goes before a FALL", I think its 4
u.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 6:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
Don Demu:
*in Lagbaja's voice*
Another MUUMUU don land the mumu republic of NL
demu and mumu go togeda na.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by raeez(m): 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ojukwu Manhood: Such a person can kill because of religion and that is what we are witnessing here in Nigeria, product of fanatic religion!
I just can't imagine how shallow ur brain is y are u dis dumb

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by deols(f): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: I hope he won't mind ,if a doctor leaves the brain or chest of his mother open, to break his fast...dumb arab slaves.

Dumb.

If only you know what doctors do when those chests are open?

If a doctor needs to take a lil break, sure he would.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by raeez(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
gboyegab: demu and mumu go togeda na.
hahahaha trolling
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Salma(f): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
pboiskinpy: he no for eat by the pitch side alone.He for go artisan go buy ram,kill am,cook am,eat am...before coming back.......#I jux de pass oo,Maka Ndi uta...*singingo-obago*
bros, no be by force 2 comment.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
deols:

Dumb.

If only you know what doctors do when those chests are open?

If a doctor needs to take a lil break, sure he would.
shut up that hole u call mouth ...do they stop the their chirurgical operation to pray the rosary? we are not talking about a break here, we are talking about someone leaving his position to do something else , something meaningless and def not worth doing . like many people said why did he take the job that day?

Last but not the least if the referee was Christian or Pagan , would muslims players also stop the game to break their fast?

oops I Forgot, why do we even call that fasting? them eat in the morning and in the night .and not small meal oooo.bunch of pretenders
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by gboyegab: 6:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
clue: Imagine say I be striker, I wan score goal for very tough match, our last chance for the game of 0:0...
...But I pause, kneel down begin pray "Angelus" because I b catholic and its 6pm!!!
thought the name is CLUE, y are so ClUEless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[video] JJ Okocha: Best Freekicks Ever @ PSG Bolton Nigeria Fenerbahce Frankfurt / Bulgaria Vs England Match Stopped Twice Due To Racist Abuse At Players (Photos) / Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.