Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 (36954 Views)

You Kidding Me? Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 / John Fashanu Confirms Tb Joshua Predicted Super Eagles Match To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Beaf1: 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
Johngoodnewz: I am sorry to say but Muslims are a bunch of hippocrate.
When I was serving in Nassarawa, I entered a Bus from Lafia-their capital city to Nassarawa Eggon. All of a sudden the bus just stopped. Only to see the driver leaving the bus without any apology. The only explanation I got was that it is time to pray.You wander that kind of place would be heaven on earth as them they communicate with God. The most currupt set of person I've seen in my life are in Nassarawa Eggon Local Goverment Secretariat. Their corrupt head dubbling as chairman refused to pay our allowances even threatening us saying 'do your worse'.
It is pathetic to us as a Nation very religious and Corrupt.
Go to Lagos-Ibadan this weekend and confirm my saying. Same set of rough drivers that would curse themselves would drive into that place of worship.
Same religious persons marry underage.....Nassarawa has one of the highest HIV incidence rate and sexual roforofo in Nigeria.

^
Sorry sir you just have to deal with it. Or may be you need to confirm the faith of the driver at the park before boarding any vehicle. BTW what is the connection between this topic and your NYSC experience in Nasarawa?

4 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by vislabraye(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nonsense. If he were a boxer, how would he have done it ?

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by SEYIKP(m): 2:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
ISLAM AND HYPOCRITCY, MUST U USE YOUR RELIGION TO AFFECT OTHERS. LET SAY THE REMAINING DURATION IS 1HOUR, CAN HE DIE BEFORE TIME.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by nerodenero: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
The reason given by the Referee to support his action was that water is allowed to be taken but what he did was to break his fast which means it was not only water that was taken. I think FIFA needs to review their laws, maybe football matches would be suspended during Ramadan period but this is not that logical-lol.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by pumpingmachine: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
This is why African referees don't officiate World Cup matches. Why did he agree to officiate when he knew he would break the fast?

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Beaf1: 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
SEYI_KP: ISLAM AND HYPOCRITES, MUST U USE YOUR RELIGION TO AFFECT OTHERS. LET SAY THE REMAINING DURATION IS 1HOUR, CAN HE DIE BEFORE TIME.

^
Yes sir it is very possible. He might die before the match ends.
He is an Umpire in that match - a master and judge of the match he deserves some respect. cheesy

The freaking FIFA knows his faith and they put him there to officiate.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by paparazzi1987(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
xykms101: Religious bigots.

...Why did you have to fast when you have a match to officiate?

You are a senseless animal....Most you compromise you religion for your work?

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by nerodenero: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Yes sir it is very possible. He might die before the match ends.
He is an Umpire in that match - a master and judge of the match he deserves some respect. cheesy
There are laws that govern every game which means the Referee/umpire has a greater master and judge.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Ayoobscom(m): 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
God bless the Refree for being sincere to his nature and faith
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Davivilla95: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
That's bleeped up
livingstoneony: LOL...I can totally do that
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Nairaland would say no abuse buh this christians are fund of insultive words,if yu are relating sme1's mistake to his religion then it means christianity nd d bible really support homosexuality,hmm mehn religion of gays nd lesbians nawa oO

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by deebrain(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by OgaTheTop2: 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
Islam..pst. undecided
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by phemmyibjyahoo: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
Africa mentality.
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by briliantsak(m): 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
potentials: if at al dz actually hapnd,den d dude nids to b sacked wif immidiate effect,nOnSeNsE!
sacked? Ki la gbe, ki le ju?
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Jccy(f): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Testerfuze(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
So its tym u guys start crucifyin d whole islamic population cus of wat 1 man did C'mon guys,stop bitchin!
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by misterh(m): 3:21pm On Aug 07, 2013
collynzo2: The Senegalese fans who were shouting at him to continue the match are also Muslims. This ref is just an extremist! A terrorist in the making. Some Muslim medical doctors have left their good jobs in the past to become suicide bombers,watch this referee!
Define extremism. For example, it's prayer time & i leave what i'm doing to go to the mosque, while my friend who's also a Muslim does not. Does that make me a terrorist in the making? How does this necessary act by the ref translate to extremism & terrorism. iPray thee to answer!

5 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
muhsin: This is interesting. I am personally fascinated by the Ref's action. Ramadan Mubarak! grin
Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
Ramadan mubarak brother

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by 3ace(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
What! May the lord forgive me. I thought it was Nigeria. undecided
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
Beaf!:

^
Sorry sir you just have to deal with it. Or may be you need to confirm the faith of the driver at the park before boarding any vehicle. BTW what is the connection between this topic and your NYSC experience in Nasarawa?
*in Lagbaja's voice*
Another MUUMUU don land the mumu republic of NL

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
drnoel: what is more worrisome is that it made front page

Most controversial topics do.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Vonwolf(m): 3:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Isiterere: There is absolutely nothing wrong in what he did.
He's an umpire,so is allowed.
What if he's tensed to use the loo,won't he took the same break ?

No he won't took it.

1 Like

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by misterh(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
When I was serving in Nassarawa, I entered a Bus from Lafia-their capital city to Nassarawa Eggon. All of a sudden the bus just stopped. Only to see the driver leaving the bus without any apology. The only explanation I got was that it is time to pray.You wander that kind of place would be heaven on earth as them they communicate with God. The most currupt set of person I've seen in my life are in Nassarawa Eggon Local Goverment Secretariat. Their corrupt head dubbling as chairman refused to pay our allowances even threatening us saying 'do your worse'.
Go to Lagos-Ibadan this weekend and confirm my saying. Same set of rough drivers that would curse themselves would drive into that place of worship.
Same religious persons marry underage.....Nassarawa has one of the highest HIV incidence rate and sexual roforofo in Nigeria.
Wow... You served in Nassarawa means you are a graduate and you typed hippocrate (don't tell me it's typo coz it isn't)- It's spelt hypocrite, sir. So because of this singular act of the driver, ALL muslims must bear the brunt of his rudeness Where did you graduate from, please? You even went further to accuse Islam, albeit indirectly, of not paying your alawee! Dude, you got a p with Islam or what?

It's not wander, but wonder
It's not currupt, but corrupt
It's not dubbling, but doubling.
Also, work on your punctuations.
Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by misterh(m): 3:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2013

I think d question rather shud b y officiate a match when u hv a fast to observe?

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by darea18: 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2013

(mumu) because I have a match so I shouldn't fast. That's rubbish. ISLAM IS not Christianity. (business_purpose). Mtcheeee
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by opey25(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
I don't know why some people lose their sense of reasoning whenever an issue pertaining to islam comes up.some fools on NL even called the referee a terrorist.if a game could be stopped to treat an injured player, I don't see any reason why d ref and other players that are fasting can't take few mins off to break their fast.it is a fact that whenever a match is played in hot weather,FIFA rules allows the ref to briefly stop the match so that the players can drink water.

2 Likes

Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by brosdoncome(m): 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2013

My mum still has one more brighter grammar text book left in her book store shelf or Ikpeba, is that u? undecided
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by darea18: 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
I so so like this. Wisdom
Re: Referee Stops Match To Break Ramadan Fast - August 5, 2013 by deols(f): 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
roxell120: ana m anu? jangle the bells for he has broken a great record.rubbish.fasting publicist.such doesn't appeal to God. all agbero in my neighborhood are fasting too and they dont waste time to let anyone know they are fasting. "I de fast nah " Dat act is a mockery to the almighty God.

Who are you to judge?

Very funny. In Islam, you can even carry loudspeaker to say you are fasting. It doesnt spoil your fast. It even makes your fast easier as others would know not to disturb you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[video] JJ Okocha: Best Freekicks Ever @ PSG Bolton Nigeria Fenerbahce Frankfurt / Bulgaria Vs England Match Stopped Twice Due To Racist Abuse At Players (Photos) / Pogba Tests Positive For Testosterone, Provisionally Suspended, risks 4-year ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.