Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? (17490 Views)

W.H.O Scientists Investigate ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (graphic Pics) / Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos / Boko Haram Deaths In Pictures-not For The Faint-hearted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Isiterere(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
debrief08: Because we are mentally lazy.
We prefer our superstitions to real actual facts.
We prefer to believe that a "wombless" Pastors wife will mysteriously give birth to a 10pound baby without asking questions like if there was a womb transplant, where is the Doctors report, what was actually medically done.
We prefer to jump from one prayer house to the other rather than focus our energy and harness the scientific breakthroughs God helped Doctors to discover.
We prefer to believe a Pastor who under 3 months learns the art of sweet mouth than a Doctor with 10 years of training, and 20 years of professional practice.
We prefer to lazily "leave it to God" than to equip our labs and take the years and study foresic sciences.
We prefer to hide things than say it out so others can learn and apply your mistakes and experiences to their own decisions.
We also prefer to carry rumours of money rituals than simple basic scientific tests
Simple answer: we are lazy, pretentious, religious hypocrites. That's all
Murder and Rape has similar fate in this part of the world simply because you and I failed to take d bold step of reporting any suspicion and couple with the fact that investigation/intelligence gathering is no where to be found.
Great and shady things are happening and are bound to happen the more in MUMUDOM until we're ready for change.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by unmask: 1:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
It is not laziness or what you guys are saying...but the fear of the unknown...if a person dies mysteriously and I heard he quarrelled with a herbalist, that's a no go....even the op confirmed it u went to report and they told u it was libel...do u know how many have towed that path and have been charged with the crime...to sum it all up, if u see arm robber run but if u see police biko run very very well

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
We need to give our police some space to finish with past murders eg Kudirat , Bola Ige before we overwhelmed them with new cases .
Be considerate for once.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by PastorAji(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
Ayoobscom: Why do I sense hypocrisy in the article...what is the relevance of when the person was buried and the verse which was recited?

@op we know the hidden objective of this post.

Has any Muslim here watched skyfall,the part where james bond was quizzed for intellectual fitness?

@op it will certainly take you lesser energy to report your suspicion to police than investing your energy in bigotting your sourceless faboo on nairaland where nobody can help you.

Oponu.

You are very right......
But back †̥ the derailed item that people are discussing here
Criminal D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ run I report A̶̲̥̅̊♍ †̥ Police? 9ja Police I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ craze I prefer reporting it †̥ shekau than †̥ Ngozi Braide O̶̷̩̥̊͡f SCID Panti

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Isiterere(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
mkmyers45: The lord giveth and the lord taketh away
should we stop prosecuting murder, ra*e,incest and other death related crime in this part of the world because of this your post

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
unmask: It is not laziness or what you guys are saying...but the fear of the unknown...if a person dies mysteriously and I heard he quarrelled with a herbalist, that's a no go....even the op confirmed it u went to report and they told u it was libel...do u know how many have towed that path and have been charged with the crime...to sum it all up, if u see arm robber run but if u see police biko run very very well

Statements like this scares me.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
ITbomb: We need to give our police some space to finish with past murders eg Kudirat , Bola Ige before we overwhelmed them with new cases .
Be considerate for once.

Na real wa oh . . So why dont they spend time on solving such crimes than just doing what they are doing at the moment?
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Riskymallam: 1:57pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nail-on-the-head.
Which reminds me of the late singer Bob Marleys line "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery none but our self can free our mind"

Till then we will continue going round in circle

debrief08: Because we are mentally lazy.
We prefer our superstitions to real actual facts.
We prefer to believe that a "wombless" Pastors wife will mysteriously give birth to a 10pound baby without asking questions like if there was a womb transplant, where is the Doctors report, what was actually medically done.
We prefer to jump from one prayer house to the other rather than focus our energy and harness the scientific breakthroughs God helped Doctors to discover.
We prefer to believe a Pastor who under 3 months learns the art of sweet mouth than a Doctor with 10 years of training, and 20 years of professional practice.
We prefer to lazily "leave it to God" than to equip our labs and take the years and study foresic sciences.
We prefer to hide things than say it out so others can learn and apply your mistakes and experiences to their own decisions.
We also prefer to carry rumours of money rituals than simple basic scientific tests
Simple answer: we are lazy, pretentious, religious hypocrites. That's all
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Oildichotomy(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
It's pathetic OP... I'm in a similar police dilemma currently that needs my presence in the station virtually everyday simply because i reported a dupe case involving a far cousin of mine.. Imagine a conspiracy between a 'bigman' landlord and his agent to defraud him of 0.5 million on a house he hasn't stepped foot on and he's annoyingly telling me he heard the landlord is a STRONG man spiritually. I was like WTF- that he will kill you ontop your own sweat again. The most painful situation now is the Landlord is using the same police i reported the case to fight me and advice i stay off the case for my own good. Nigerians ARE JUST TOO SCARED a people. That's why politicians, police and others can cook shit for us to eat everyday.
Staying in Nigeria is an unfortunate regret- i must tell you.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Oildichotomy(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
ITbomb: We need to give our police some space to finish with past murders eg Kudirat , Bola Ige before we overwhelmed them with new cases .
Be considerate for once.
Now that's funny!
But must we muster this unfortunate temporary laugh everytime in serious situations.
When obviously we haven't helped the case

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Skmoda360(m): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nigerians says.....
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by canalily(m): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
undecided well? Who cares? In this country you do your dirty businees any how you like.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by ireneidiva(f): 2:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
IYA NGBALI: I am suspecting you of the woman,s death
Abeg o see my 'underarms' no hair dey there
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by babsomotde(m): 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
Please ask the politicians, herbalists and the Police.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by toosweet: 2:21pm On Aug 08, 2013
You don't just go to the police cos you settled quarell for people once and that they usually have issues, killing isnt easy the way you just said it and I thot you said you are sure, there must be evidence for you to say you are sure. A lot if people just drop dead especially in this Lagos cos they have high BP and dont know it cos they wont go for medical check up, they assume every headache is to be cured by a paracetamol which in reality is a sign of something more dangerous.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by metti(m): 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
Where is it written in the Bible
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
At poster I understand u. However a country were nobody finger prints is taken,no passport,no IDcards,Police isrenting guns to robbers,chief justice is busy collecting bribe, FG is pleaning to released a Criminal like Ibori,tell me hw is going to wk!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Tunmi(f): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
All na the same. We dey fear too much, Fela talk am

We dey fear for ting we no see, We dey fear around us and we fear to fight for freedom
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by metti(m): 2:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
obowunmi: Even Americans don't know how people died. So many unresolved murders.
That is not totally true. If u are in doubt get ur cable and watch Discovery ID or C and I. Those people are really trying, at least out of 10 cases 9 will be solved. Some cases that are considered cold will even be brought back to life after so many years and resolved. Here in Nigeria they can't even solve 1 out of thousand cases.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by timowale: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2013
wht i would say on this issue is the pervasive nature of ignorance in our land in africa and nigeria especially.
competence in each chosen field is not given its pride of place while mediocrity on the other hand thrives amidst us
imagine police institution that suppose to boast of men and women of impeccable characters and of academic pedigree.
in our clime however, dunces and people bereft of both academic and noble ideals holds sway.
if the people must entrust issues such as this to the law enforcers as the op is advocating,there"s the need for a major overhaul of the police institution with a premium on inducing talents and rooms given to technological breakthroughs
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Emmanuel602(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2013
It is quite obvious that the police is not your friend in Nigeria so any call to the police will definately fall on deaf ears.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
mollytinrox: Ha, my brother! God is the ultimate judge. Its him that gives and takes, who are we to question?

Never forget, this is mumudom lipsrsealed

This is the problem we are facing in this nation. We are discussing about a life here and you coming with God is the ultimate Judge and who are you to question......... Thousands of people have died and the case was not checked into, yet the murderer goes scot free and probably continue his killing activities on other person in another location.

This country is a mumudom and having a mumu like you in it is a great storm for any progressive change the nation want. I know if this happens to your relative, you will cry and ask God why.....you will also try to dig out truth when you have traces of skeptism in the case. I just wish it happens to you. Heartless zombie

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Rawpidgin(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
please, how do i post a topic on NL?
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2013
It so painful to read this. Nigeria is just a complete failed country. All the institutions are built on destruction and the people there are complete bunch of dunce. The police in this country has been a disgrace to both the citizen and the internation communities. The security institute is filled with mediocrites and lazy people that doesn't know their job and are not ready to serve the people in any ways.

It is so obvious that the people wont give a hand to this case because the police you want them to give hand to will still put them into another trouble over time. In this country, police are not protecting live and properties....they are exhibits and enemy of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Ashabie(f): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Somethings like?
Odunharry: mst 9jerians no get mind..abeg no go tel police ds 1 if u no wan enta cell.

*any muslim in d hause?me nid sme tings*
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Jerryjat(m): 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

The thing tire me, but in some cases its very glaring, a man that is having serious issues with his wife should be questioned at least when she suddenly dies from domestic accident, but no, every body is busy praying for he departed soul and a person has gotten away with murder. . .What is that?. .Many people are getting away with murder in naija, its just crazy. . .

that one of the reason i love the west... your neighbor is watching.... shocked...
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Jerryjat(m): 3:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

The thing tire me, but in some cases its very glaring, a man that is having serious issues with his wife should be questioned at least when she suddenly dies from domestic accident, but no, every body is busy praying for he departed soul and a person has gotten away with murder. . .What is that?. .Many people are getting away with murder in naija, its just crazy. . .

that one of the reason i love the west... your neighbor is watching....
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by churific(m): 3:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
If we cannot even resolve the non-suspicious deaths, how can you investigate and successfully close suspicious deaths?
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
it bored u so much u replied
ireneidiva: Because, people like you who have suspicions about a certain persons death; don't go to the police to make a report but come to nairaland to bore us.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Clemzy16(m): 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
"i doubt the sanity of the original poster"

"...so because the husband and the wife used to had 'issues' before her death means he KILLED her. . . ??!"

"we all live in a world where one shouldn't be quick to draw-conclusions, hence there is proper evidence and investigation"

"BTW, ever since you noticed the quarrelling, grudges and violence enacted by them, what did you do? Why is it that you're only coming out to speak when the deed is done"

"if only your 'claim' is anything to go by, then you're surely to 'blame' "

"for now, it's better you just shut-up and let the people in authority conduct an autopsy on her to determine what really led to her death"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by SNOWWHITE240(m): 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
nigeria has a long way to go they are still battling to hav constant electricity
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by phyz: 3:14pm On Aug 08, 2013
get olamide confession aiye complete lyrics @ www.newsfeed.tk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured) / Abducted Plateau Bride-To-Be Regains Freedom (Photo) / Shari’ah Court’s N7,000 Fine On Rapists In Zaria Sparks Controversy (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.