Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? (17484 Views)

W.H.O Scientists Investigate ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (graphic Pics) / Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos / Boko Haram Deaths In Pictures-not For The Faint-hearted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by DutchNegro(m): 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
dareyking: Aaaaahh! Reminence...*beats letz go*owo shati ya..ishe shati pooor...ni gboro..ni gboro won wa mi ni gboro...
no j.a.c.k.a.s.s be like u undecided
no mumu be like u
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Jomark(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
ireneidiva: Because, people like you who have suspicions about a certain persons death; don't go to the police to make a report but come to nairaland to bore us.
It seems you have never gone to the police to report a criminal activity before. You will be held to make a statement and then slowly end up in cell!
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by TCUBE(m): 5:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
It's a religious and cultural problem. The average Nigerian believes that it's was either allowed to happen by God or that witches murdered the person at 2am in the morning

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
obowunmi: Even Americans don't know how people died. So many unresolved murders.

Wetin dis one dey talk self! Isn't it obvious that American force,do everything and go to any length to solve any premeditated crimes and murders.As a matter of fact,thier govt create special unit to combat such menace.You can actually tell from thier series movies.As a matter of fact,70% of thier movies involves solving crimes and murders."perception,hawaii 5 'O, glades, etc to name a few can attests to the fact that they are really working and doing thier best to solve hard and cumbersome cases of crimes and murder.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Freiburger(m): 5:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
TCUBE: It's a religious and cultural problem. The average Nigerian believes that it's was either allowed to happen by God or that witches murdered the person at 2am in the morning
lol but sad
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by emmanuel4758(m): 5:15pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

And you know I didn't go to the police how?. . .
we know because we dnt give a dam to dis thread lol
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by emeseilari: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
Thanks for your observations. You are right about notices of systemic shortcomings here and there. I mean on the part of the family, friends, relatives or colleagues of a deceased and the police saddled with solving homicide.. They are so exhaustive, I cant go into them. You, however cant tell with certainty if the woman in question was murdered or if she died accidentally as claimed by the spouse. Only investigation and I mean a thorough one can prove. I agree with you the husband might be a suspect. In fact, they usually are. To make any headway, however, a forensic examination will prove very useful. To start with, how and when did he know the deceased fell and or died as a result of falling. There are quite a lot of after death scenarios like rigour mortis, post mortem lividity, cataleptic spasm, algo mortis (not sure its proprly spelt) etc. Here, a forensic examination should either substantiate or disprove the claim THAT SHE FELL. You can actually hit someone hard say, in the head, he or she falls, hits their head on a hard floor and dies. What forensics would show is that the victim did not just fall; or that her fall was ocassioned by a force, not a slip or a slip following a fall like that. Knotty? You see homicide invstigation is not as simple as I or, sorry, Mark Taylor et al make it seem on CSI. Nevertheless, the CSI guys do have an edge because a lot of science, grade one gadgets are depolyed. Police there are also well remunerated too. Fast forward! The equipment or intuition or drive or whatever are useless if nobody is willing to volunteer information. And that angle of vounteers being roped in, its a bit tacky to say the least. Now you might wonder how I know. Well I have ...... Let me say often times, witness do change their story for no reason. Now when that happens, the witness in question is no longer a witness but a suspect. You see. Its SOP in investigation.
I am sorry I cant say much but I hope your questions got some answers. Like I said, I REALLY GBADUN YOUR OBSERVATIONS. CHEERS!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Aifey(m): 5:30pm On Aug 08, 2013
Religion iS realy rapin Us all. Immagin GEJ tellin us 2pray 4a better Nigeria. When china, india etc are bUsy strategizin on their economic issues n u see fools belivinb him while his busy lootin n fightin amaechi. Religion is a scam. I don't beliv it anymore.

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Cutekid54: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
The crazy thing about this post is that sometimes lastweek (last 2 weeks maybe) some one created a post, the title waz "How Come Nigerians Dont believe some one Dies Naturally?". And some days later some1 ia asking Y we dont investigate deaths in 9geria.. What an Irony, everytin 4 diz country jst tire me

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by scientology(m): 5:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
obowunmi
what kinda user name be dis na
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Vicjay1(m): 5:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
mkmyers45: The lord giveth and the lord taketh away
seaun! We need an unlike button.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by tboi001: 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2013
This is a very important issue dat require urgent attention from local police force management. The investigation department need to be strengthend. So help Us GOD. Amin.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
Bros,no worry wen u die 9ja go try investigate am.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by ITbomb(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Now that's funny!
But must we muster this unfortunate temporary laugh everytime in serious situations.
When obviously we haven't helped the case
The unfortunate truth is that you and me cannot help the case.
The duty of the citizen was to be law-abiding and report crime AND NOT TO JUDGE AND EXECUTE PUNISHMENT OR REWARD.
The machinery of government to ensure that the citizens are law-abiding has been crippled and abuse by even the law makers.
The system of punishment and reward for crime reported has been overrun by certificate forgers, uncivilized police and weak judiciary.
The only thing you can do now is to make sure ur vote counts and ensure that only the progressive minded gets into public office ████
when u see a ballot box being stuffed and u turn a blind eyes saying it doesn't concern u that they have already chosen their people , a year later u will still get murder cases unreported and unresolved.
Support GEJ to turn Nigeria from a jokeland to a functioning system, organise free and fair elections and improve the nation's infrastructures. That is the fresh air we need to breath after years of stagnation , mismanagement and foul air ████
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by DutchNegro(m): 5:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
At poster I understand u. However a country were nobody finger prints is taken,no passport,no IDcards,Police isrenting guns to robbers,chief justice is busy collecting bribe, FG is pleaning to released a Criminal like Ibori,tell me hw is going to wk!
i swear to almighty GOD, 9ja govt disappoints me alot embarassed cry
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by born2boink(m): 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2013
I press liked, I tire
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Manlado: 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
Cutekid54: The crazy thing about this post is that sometimes lastweek (last 2 weeks maybe) some one created a post, the title waz "How Come Nigerians Dont believe some one Dies Naturally?". And some days later some1 ia asking Y we dont investigate deaths in 9geria.. What an Irony, everytin 4 diz country jst tire me

Naturally, when someone ask a question, many of the answers do lead to other questions.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by ooshinibos: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2013
free2ryhme:

we lack investigative intelligence and dont care about others but our selfish selves

thats a characteristics of a third world country
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by nep2ra(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
The very day 'God' dies in the mind of Nigerians is the day we will begin to use our critical reasoning and thinking faculty. Until then, the madness continues.

5 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
Reporting anything in this country is like getting yourself into a mess.I could remember this particular day as an undergraduate,i was traveling to spend the weekend with my family.I got to park on time but due to the delay in loading ,i was pressed by the time the bus was full,i couldn't hold it because I was heavily pregnant.

I approached the driver who directed me to a bush surrounded cubicle they called toilet, when I got there,behold the swollen corpse of a full grown man shocked flies where feasting and mating on him.what do you expect me to do?call the police ? ? Naija police will start investigation by asking me the name of the corpse and am not ready for that.

Omo Ijejedly parked up myself enter bus without urinating,if people wey get park no call police,nah me go stick out my head??Reporting a case in this country can even get you jailed or killed, no one is ready to die on another's behalf.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by segzyj(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje: There is a guy who I am really sure killed his wife here in Nigeria, they have been having serious issues, suddenly the wife a very healthy woman was said to have died 2 days ago and the reason given was that she fell in the bath room. Now people are crying. . No one is pointing accusing fingers at the husband, no police has been called in, no autopsy, nothing, as muslims the woman was buried the next day. A killer has gone away with murder in this crazy country of ours, I am very sure he killed that woman. I know there are may other similar cases as well.

In a community that I visited in Benue about 3 ladies have been found dead in the community in a span of 3 months but no body seems to be doing any thing about it, even the police have not been called in, people are just living in fear, while a serial killer is on the lose. . .Why don't we report such cases to the police? When a dead body is found people try to identify it and then bury it, no one calls the police to come, when the police comes people don't want to coperate by speaking up, some people go as far as saying that it is the will of god. . .I know that our police lack the capacity to conduct such complicated investigations, but some little lead here and there can help. . .

I am just angry today so my rants might not seem coherent. . .I seriously believe that many people kill their family members both nuclear and extended or spouses and claim they died in their sleep or had a domestic accident and the issue just dies like that, no investigation, no questioning, nothing. . .Imagine a husband telling people that he found his wife's body in the bath room, he said she fell and died and that's all. . .People just accepted that explanation with out any question, next thing people are praying for her soul and reciting Arabic verses from the Koran. . .what is that?. . .Am pissed. . .

If you are convinced and have enough evidence, why don't you go to the nearest police station and lodge complain officially?
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
DutchNegro:
i swear to almighty GOD, 9ja govt disappoints me alot embarassed cry
My guy that is our major problem o.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by dickjay: 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

I actually reported to the police by suggesting that her death looks suspicious, but they didn't take me seriously because i didn't have any evidence and tried to say its a libel against the man, it would have been looked into closely and given more attention if it was reported by any body from the family. . .I am not a family member, I don't even know them, just went there to separate them once when they were fighting. . .Keep yawing. . .
I can't believe U reported to the police without evidence and they left U to come and make this comment here. At least U would have been locked up as suspect No.1. Lucky U! God help our country!
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
segzyj:

If you are convinced and have enough evidence, why don't you go to the nearest police station and lodge complain officially?

Here is what happened, the guy and his wife are always fighting, the last fight they had was very violent. . .On the day she died he personally came out shouting that his wife was was dead in the bath room, me and 3 other guys went inside and saw her naked lying on the floor, the whole arrangement was suspect, her head was obviously broken but nothing else was broken in the bathroom, no blood on the sink or wall to show that she fell and hit her head against it, no blood on the floor, it looked obvious to me like she was taken from another place and kept there, there was blood on her head, her face and on her body but non on the floor, you will expect her to be in a pool of her blood because the cut was deep and she was lying there on the floor. . .Every body that came in just came in believing that she feel in the bath room and hit her head, but where did she hit her head? Nothing was broken there and no blood on anything only on her head, face and body. . .I told the police man about what I saw and he said that is not evidence and accused me of libel, she has already been buried. . .

Even her family has completely bought the story which is surprising because they know that the man beats the woman up sometimes. . .

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by bellong: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2013
^^^ Very very pathetic.... There is nothing to do since the family are gullible not to press charges neither police curious enough to solve a crime.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by 247tops(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nigerians believe Autopsy is just waste of time,energy and resources.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by steveec122(m): 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
mazaje:

The thing tire me, but in some cases its very glaring, a man that is having serious issues with his wife should be questioned at least when she suddenly dies from domestic accident, but no, every body is busy praying for he departed soul and a person has gotten away with murder. . .What is that?. .Many people are getting away with murder in naija, its just crazy. . .
So if husband and wife quarrels all the time, anyone that dies first the living one enters into problem. Bro any woman that finds out that her matrimonial Home is no longer safe for her should immediately separate herself from the man.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by anytexy: 7:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
SMH. Quit unfortunate.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Harahmeedey(f): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
Tenk God i've finally found my SØÚL MÄTË........:-)......Ð $túpíd HÄIR CREAM was under my bed ni sha!:-D
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by FILEBE(m): 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2013
I have a friend at Lebanon who studies Forensic Science. Do we even have that course in Nigeria? Many murders/deaths wouldn't have gone unsolved if it wasn't politically driven. Politics kills people more than illness. If the government always have the motive of killing people to attain power why would they organise something to investigate the deaths? How many political deaths/murders have been swept under the carpet? See na. See when there was a mass Failure in this UTME exam, didn't the senate intervene? I belive those idiots put mouth because their pickins follow fail the exam. It's when any member of their family die...dem go remember the word, "AUTOPSY" dey dictionary. Had it bein Cynthia popsy no dey influential u think say them go find the cause of her death?
THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE QUESTIONED! just like someone said NGOs should be set up for this. The NIGERIAN GOVT is not the govt for the people!

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by FILEBE(m): 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2013
Harahmeedey: Tenk God i've finally found my SØÚL MÄTË........:-)......Ð $túpíd HÄIR CREAM was under my bed ni sha!:-D
Dis is what hapens when u avail a kid a blackberry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Policeman Kidnaps Dr. Ofodile Ekweogwu After He Treated Him - NMA Anambra / Father Burns His 8-Year-Old Daughter's Hand For Stealing In Kaduna (Graphic Pic) / Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.