Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,169 members, 7,815,075 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? (17487 Views)

W.H.O Scientists Investigate ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town (graphic Pics) / Suspicious Deaths At A Chinese Company In Lagos / Boko Haram Deaths In Pictures-not For The Faint-hearted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by GooseBaba: 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
Youngzedd:

They investigate the death of a cat not to talk of humans.

Na lie you lie...!!! To exaggerate is not bad... But OVER exaggerate no good at all..! Not in this life or the afterlife angry
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by dieold: 8:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
ireneidiva: Because, people like you who have suspicions about a certain persons death; don't go to the police to make a report but come to nairaland to bore us.
u get sense joor
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by dieold: 8:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
my man, don't go and involve yourself in a case dat wil lead to your own death.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by EvilBrain1(m): 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
Islam requires followers to bury their dead the same day, so there's no time for any investigation. The fact that it allows people to kill and cover it up is a convenient bonus unfortunate side effect.

People must be allowed to practice their religion to the fullest no matter how much harm it does to society.

Don't worry, god will not allow anybody to murder you. And if you decide to murder anyone else, god will not allow them to catch you.

Say amen.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by steveec122(m): 9:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
lymelyte:
Wetin dis one dey talk self! Isn't it obvious that American force,do everything and go to any length to solve any premeditated crimes and murders.As a matter of fact,thier govt create special unit to combat such menace.You can actually tell from thier series movies.As a matter of fact,70% of thier movies involves solving crimes and murders."perception,hawaii 5 'O, glades, etc to name a few can attests to the fact that they are really working and doing thier best to solve hard and cumbersome cases of crimes and murder.
my God children full NL. See this one using movies to rate America and Crime. My dear the United States have more unresolved criminal cases. Serial Killers go without trace. Some prosecutors are even killed. The movies u watch shows how independent individuals advance faster than their Government eg James bond movies were released when US had not reached the stage he was predicting,most us movies are predictive technology. Individuals develop faster that government,eg Bill gates, Dangote, even Seun of Nairaland had created this forum before Labaran Maku and GEJ knew about Social media.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by infogenius(m): 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
God help us in naija.A Similar situation happened in my neighborhood about 3 months ago,this time,some days after a heavy fight that the man locked people out from intervening in their fight, the woman was taken to the hospital on the pretext that she took ill and two days after she was taken to the hospital she died. No questions asked.The man simply moved away from the neighborhood after the burial.

There is one shocking one that happened about four years ago.This young boy about 12yrs as usual was playing around his house at 10am and by 11:30 the sister called people that the boy had hung himself.I was in a poultry farm within their compound.When we heard her screams, I was reluctant to go out and see it as I do not enjoy looking at the dead.But since the farmer came out, I had no choice than to go and see what happened and possible help;

What I saw shocked.The boy's neck was in a belt that was not holding his neck tight and the funny thing was that she was standing on his legs.

Holy cow I suspected something.But people came and as usual started crying.One woman also made a comment on my observation.After an hour the police came took pictures and the boy was taken in to be laid.
Na so that young boy go.No question asked.Murderer had a sweet day.

May God help us.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by phayvoursky(m): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
eh... i cannot categoricaly tel you who killed the wife now. cause i may tell you its the husband n my oga @ the top wil say its the neighbour.

grin
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
infogenius: God help us in naija.A Similar situation happened in my neighborhood about 3 months ago,this time,some days after a heavy fight that the man locked people out from intervening in their fight, the woman was taken to the hospital on the pretext that she took ill and two days after she was taken to the hospital she died. No questions asked.The man simply moved away from the neighborhood after the burial.

There is one shocking one that happened about four years ago.This young boy about 12yrs as usual was playing around his house at 10am and by 11:30 the sister called people that the boy had hung himself.I was in a poultry farm within their compound.When we heard her screams, I was reluctant to go out and see it as I do not enjoy looking at the dead.But since the farmer came out, I had no choice than to go and see what happened and possible help;

What I saw shocked.The boy's neck was in a belt that was not holding his neck tight and the funny thing was that she was standing on his legs.

Holy cow I suspected something.But people came and as usual started crying.One woman also made a comment on my observation.After an hour the police came took pictures and the boy was taken in to be laid.
Na so that young boy go.No question asked.Murderer had a sweet day.

May God help us.

Pathetic. . .
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
The only thing they need now is forensics, but how can it work in an institution tha's in shambles.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Burgeo: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
mkmyers45: The lord giveth and the lord taketh away

Its not a must that u will comment. dull brain!
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by segzicres(m): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
Burgeo:

Its not a must that u will comment. dull brain!
Azin! Probably the most retar ded guy on tue world! Daft nonsense
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by yoddy(m): 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2013
debrief08: Because we are mentally lazy.
We prefer our superstitions to real actual facts.
We prefer to believe that a "wombless" Pastors wife will mysteriously give birth to a 10pound baby without asking questions like if there was a womb transplant, where is the Doctors report, what was actually medically done.
We prefer to jump from one prayer house to the other rather than focus our energy and harness the scientific breakthroughs God helped Doctors to discover.
We prefer to believe a Pastor who under 3 months learns the art of sweet mouth than a Doctor with 10 years of training, and 20 years of professional practice.
We prefer to lazily "leave it to God" than to equip our labs and take the years and study foresic sciences.
We prefer to hide things than say it out so others can learn and apply your mistakes and experiences to their own decisions.
We also prefer to carry rumours of money rituals than simple basic scientific tests
Simple answer: we are lazy, pretentious, religious hypocrites. That's all

Its simply cos we do not value life, ours and others.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by BMZK: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2013
My encounter with police was when a cyclist hit my car and caused serious damage to the body of vehicle. The incident occured while I was 20 meters away from the well and propely parked vehicle chatting with a friend. The guy abandonned his bike and run away , we went after him but could not catch him. My friend insisted that I should inform the police which I did reluctantly. When they arrived to the accident scene, the police insisted that I must follow them to the station which i complied and asked my friend to watch after the car because I was already expecting a panel to come and assess the damage, To my great surprise the police also insisted for my car to be taken along side with the bike to the station.
Guess what ?
1. I was asked to write a statement after which I was locked up, they accused me of killing a poor okada man and trying to play smart.
My lawyer had to come and defend the wrong allegation for my case to be changed to " hit and run case " before setting me free on bail.
2. I had to also bail my car to be taken out of the station,
3, A month after, they called me to come and close the case since nobody has come to claim the bike.
No need to tell u man must drop money for each of the 3 points above,
Police is ur friend , bail is free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by trolling(m): 10:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
Nashville: You have asked good questions but there are more to ask

Why do we have the highest paid politicians in the world?
Why is corruption the order of the day in Abuja?
Why are our hospitals not working?
Why havent we found the killers of Dele Giwa, Funsho Williams, Harry Marshall, Kudirat Abiola, Bola Ige?
Why is unemployment rate high and no one is doing anything?
Why is power still a huge problem?
Why are our roads very bad and no one is complaining?

The simple answer is that we do not care. Each person is only after his/her own comfort and is not interested in the common good of the society. Our police are very poorly trained and they cannot carry out a detailed investigation - thats why. And if you ask them to carry out an investigation, you will have to part with a huge bribe that most people cannot afford.

I am not even sure of the competence of our doctors - no offense. And in the case of muslims, how can you perform an autopsy when the dead have to be buried by the next day.

We will start seeing a change when people begin to care about their neighbour. All people just say is that "its not my business or its not my problem". We really care only about ourselves that is why people do not report. The police doesnt care either except they will make a huge amount from it. Truth is that we only care about ourselves!
the good book says because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by trolling(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
you guys dont seem to understand that we are living in the shadow of death and in gross darkness,its only gonna get darker, the dark ages are upon us...im glad ive been shown the Light
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by llakes4real: 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
We prefer to believe that a "wombless" Pastors wife will mysteriously give birth to a 10pound baby without asking questions like if there was a womb transplant, where is the Doctors report, what was actually medically done.
We prefer to jump from one prayer house to the other rather than focus our energy and harness the scientific breakthroughs God helped Doctors to discover.
We prefer to believe a Pastor who under 3 months learns the art of sweet mouth than a Doctor with 10 years of training, and 20 years of professional practice.
We prefer to lazily "leave it to God" than to equip our labs and take the years and study foresic sciences.
We prefer to hide things than say it out so others can learn and apply your mistakes and experiences to their own decisions.
We also prefer to carry rumours of money rituals than simple basic scientific tests

To add to your school of thought,
We prefer to accept that a woman gave birth to tortoise instead of investigating if the child was stolen, to be later sold to slavery (child traffickers), and replaced with the animal.
We prefer to conclude that a woman gave birth to a baby with a Bible or Quran instead of questioning how a baby with little hands held a whole book,even one with a printing press for that matter.
We prefer to believe in money ritual (stupid yoruba Nollywood portraying a woman on her kneels carrying a calabash full naira notes) instead of considering a fake money minting machine is involve.
We prefer to think about some so called ajale (money ritual factory, lol!) instead of thinking it's the work of Cannibals.
We prefer to believe a person can turn to an animal instead of checking if these persons are suffering from Münchausen syndrome.
The most funny thing of all is that our security officers are just as daft as the rest of us. May God help Nigeria!
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by trolling(m): 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
steveec122: my God children full NL. See this one using movies to rate America and Crime. My dear the United States have more unresolved criminal cases. Serial Killers go without trace. Some prosecutors are even killed. The movies u watch shows how independent individuals advance faster than their Government eg James bond movies were released when US had not reached the stage he was predicting,most us movies are predictive technology. Individuals develop faster that government,eg Bill gates, Dangote, even Seun of Nairaland had created this forum before Labaran Maku and GEJ knew about Social media.
who told you america didnt have this technologies,you just dont know anything about D.A.R.P.A, me i no dey talk too much but this agency has technologies 10 to 15 years ahead, or dont you know the internet had been in existence and in use by DARPA way before it became global,abeg make u dey read o
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Mojibola(m): 12:00am On Aug 09, 2013
ds remind me of CSI (Crime Scene Investigation)...i dont thnk Naija geh plenty of technology as thoz guys have...its rili a pity..
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by EreluY(f): 1:28am On Aug 09, 2013
[size=14pt]OP, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT BOLA IGE, THE ERSTWHILE MINISTER OF JUSTICE, WAS KILLED WHILST HOLDING THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE PORTFOLIO. HIS MURDER TILL DATE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED. NIGERIA IS IRREDEEMABLY DOOMED.[/size]
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by KHYLE(m): 1:54am On Aug 09, 2013
I just pray God help us in this country, people getting vulnurable to heartless men everyday! [url]Www.facebook.com/godbless9igeria[/url]
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by jafsumar07: 6:42am On Aug 09, 2013
Its really suspicious hw some of ds deaths accur. Wen dia is no sufficient proof to bck any claim, den a coulprit will also get away wit hs/ha crime, evn if u go to court. One tin we re sure of is; dia s a day of reckonning, a day our mouth cnt lie, a day our actions on earth will b on dsplay lyk a movie for us to see, a day our bady organs will speak for em selves describing hw dey did everytin..... Dat day, non shall b able to hide evn an atom weight of information.

Some cases re better left for d creator Him self to judge for dey can only b unravelled dia, dia nd den a mouderer can b given his due earning of befitting punishment according to d gravity of wat he/ha has done.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by fr3do(m): 7:02am On Aug 09, 2013

but we can still be religious people while breaking through.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by theomat: 7:06am On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=ireneidiva]Because, people like you who have suspicions about a certain persons death; don't go to the police to make a report but come to nairaland to bore us.[yah it's nt boring he deploring the true fact in this country.where they will kill no question will be ask nd we'll go to church on sunday or wherever shouting to God. ]
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by maclatunji: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2013
Question: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In
Nigeria?

Answer: Because we have not managed to care for the living talk less of the dead. #Pathetic
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:47am On Aug 09, 2013
Cos deep-down... people don't really give a sh..
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by ricboy0496: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2013
just lived him for God to judge bcoz if u persecute him here and kill him for d crime,wat dose dat make u a Hero or a Killer
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by babanne(m): 9:44am On Aug 09, 2013
mazaje:

And you know I didn't go to the police how?. . .

But you just said you were angry you never memtioned you took it upon yourself to report to the police. So his assumption is in order.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by steveec122(m): 9:57am On Aug 09, 2013
[url]@ [/url]
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by obi123: 11:31am On Aug 09, 2013
Jerry-jat:

that one of the reason i love the west... your neighbor is watching.... shocked...

as in watching oh , we call them nosy but those are the people with key info that the police will need when the time comes
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Damsman10(m): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
mazaje:

I actually reported to the police by suggesting that her death looks suspicious, but they didn't take me seriously because i didn't have any evidence and tried to say its a libel against the man, it would have been looked into closely and given more attention if it was reported by any body from the family. . .I am not a family member, I don't even know them, just went there to separate them once when they were fighting. . .Keep yawing. . .
Then just keep fanking God u were nt arrested and pray such a thing never happenz to you and ur family. Lyk say no b d same naija we dey.person tell u say we get police.mtcheew.
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
Because we are too many, too hungry, too busy job searching......thats why
Re: Why Don't We Investigate Deaths In Nigeria? by Crixina(f): 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2013
[quote author=sloo1]Watch crime and investigation channel you will understand that Nigeria is very backward in solving crimes.
Our problems include:
No good forensic labs
No comprehensive data base
Poorly equipt police force ...
Etc etc etc etc[/quote exactly what I meant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Father Burns His 8-Year-Old Daughter's Hand For Stealing In Kaduna (Graphic Pic) / Policeman Kidnaps Dr. Ofodile Ekweogwu After He Treated Him - NMA Anambra / Police Arrests Suspected Armed Robbers In Akwa Ibom (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.