Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community (23117 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / Why Are Nigerians More Threatned By IPOB Protest Than Fulani Herdsmen Attacks? / Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MaximusDMeridux: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
viewlekan:

Precisely!

What is causing all these problems now? Why cant we all get along? Why are the people of Imo not allowing our Fulani/Hausas brothers to live peacefully in Imo state where they have invested heavily over the years?

You don't know anything yet, we will make all the cows in Hausa land to come to Imo state and Anambra state and eat all the free grass available, after all Iboland is no man's land! The cows have as much right to every square cm of grass and brown sand to shit on too! After that, the Fulanis will also need the herds of their goats to eat more grass there...it is their right after all money from groundnut was used to develop Abia, Imo and Anambra before ibos destroyed it during the war. It is now officially no man's land!

5 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by MaximusDMeridux: 5:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Ojukwu never intended to harm innocent Yorubas, we invaded d West because we wanted to capture d capital nd sack Gowon. Yoruba was nt d focus of d invassion.

Tell that to the herds of cows and more from Niger coming down to Iboland to eat their fill of every grass available in your Iboland! The history is in the past, we dealt with you already but now cows, goats and animals in Yankari game reserve will all be marched down en masse to eat the grass in your land, it is their country too you know? Meanwhile pack your loads out of SW Yoruba country! We don't want snakes as guests again.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by pazienza(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Now lets hear what mallam adekunle okorocha will say.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: Typical coward mentality from Yorubas looking for who to fight for them. Boko haram attack christians (Igbo, Yoruba and even Hausa) the cowards say they are attacking Igbos. Fulani cattle herdsmen attack mostly Middle belt and Yoruba settlements, with just a few Igbo settlements, the cowards also claim they are attacking Igbos. Keep fooling yourself, we've been hearing news of Boko Haram entering a few Western states, If God forbid, they start destroying those states now, you'll also claim they are attacking Igbos. Keep deceiving yourself.

It seems you are not a fan of facts.

So you are saying that it is Boko Haram that have been killing Igbos in the North since the late 70s /early 80s?

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
hotwax: now a good one. Shebi na Yorubas be your enemy. Yorubas hate you but fulanis love you. Remember you own Lagos. Now fulanis own imo state.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
Crassus: our igbo brothers wont deal with this issue, instead they would prefer to argue about who owns lagos and give Fashola ultimatums and at the end of the day call the SWterners Cowards.

grin grin grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
EUROBOMBER:

Ur analogy is wrong. Igbos hav never nd will never use AK47s on yorubas. We don't attack innocent nd unarmed ppl.

If we allow you i bet you will. In fact you did, in 67, remember your forward march with boots and guns to go take posession of Lagos?

We didint tolerate your bs then, not now and never in future.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by ebankole: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
grin

Whaaaaaaaat?

where!!! where!!! where!! are the brave men of Ndigbo?

yeeepaaaa.

But on a serous note i pray th0se injured a quickl recovery and for those that lost their lives 'oh! 'i pray! their family the heart to bear the lost...they human bein like us afterall.

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by abagoro(m): 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
abagoro: I still profer same solution as I did 3 years ago when Fulani clashed with Tiv. The solution is creating a grazing zone and gradual training of the Fulani to adapt to a more modern way of grazing. These clashes will continue because Fulanis believe God owns the weed and created them for animals to breed. They believe people attack them to steal their animals and not because they ruined their farms.

Nigerians generally have this problem of inability to suggest ways of solving a problem. We need a grazing zone period.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Giniguru: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
let justice prevail
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by jamace(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
Okoro2015: What can you do when the chief security officer of the state is a fulani-Igbo? APC: we are watching.

So you are expecting the gov to order you to fight back? That will be very unpolitical on the part of the gov.

My friend, you've got to act like a man first then the gov will come in and settle the issue politically later.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by collynzo2(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
Italiano1:

It seems you are not a fan of facts.

So you are saying that it is Boko Haram that have been killing Igbos in the North since the late 70s /early 80s?

There has always been religious attacks in the north even before boko haram. It affected mostly Hausa christians, then Yoruba christians and Igbos. It was never an attack on Igbos. You guys are only looking for whom to fight for you. Cowards
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by delpee(f): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
cristog120: why cant this people modernize cattle rearing by having ranches instead of trooping from one farm to another looking for trouble? plz do we really ve hausa/fulani on the internet or any social media at all? I hardly hear their opinion on any social media. in this modern age? backward ever?you fulani,plz whats ur opinion on this issue anywhere u re on this matter? the name shud be hausa/fulani, its the same blood and spirit that flow within them.

I wonder about this too. The mambilla area seems to me a good place for setting up big ranches.
Also some are of the opinion that the beef from wakabout cows isnt as rich as ranch bred cows. This really is the best way to resolve this issue if only the enlightened ones will educate them. Even gypsies are being encouraged to settle down.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by afrika(f): 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
THIS IS NOT SAD!!

THE IGBOS, HAVE BEEN BRUTALLY ATTACKED IN THE NORTH,

KILLED IN SOME CORE NORTHERN AREAS.

DEPORTED IN THE MOST COMMERCIAL ECONOMIC STATE OF THE COUNTRY,CALLED LAGOS.

AND NOW

FULANI PEOPLE!!!

I MIN

FULANI PEOPLE

CARRY AK 47?!!!

HMMM

AND ATTACK THE IGBOS AGAIN

IN THEIR HOMES AGAIN

I MIN

IN THE HOME LAND.

AND NOTHING HAPPENED
'

RATHER, U GUYS RUN TO REPORT TO THE CRIMINALS

CALLED POLICE MEN.

OMG!!!!

UNA NO KILL D COWS?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
collynzo2: There has always been religious attacks in the north even before boko haram. It affected mostly Hausa christians, then Yoruba christians and Igbos. It was never an attack on Igbos. You guys are only looking for whom to fight for you. Cowards

Another deliberate manipulation of the facts.

The whole country knows that Ibos are routinely murdered in the North, this has been the case after a Ibo coup led to the cold blooded murder of Hausa politicians, the Hausas have not forgotten or forgiven the Ibos. Unfortunately some Yorubas have been victims of these clashes but for every Yoruba person killed in the north, 1000 Ibos have lost their lives.

You call Yorubas cowards but we are not the ones that receive trailers full of dead bodies every 3 months from Kano; Hausas are too smart to target Yorubas- they remember Idi-Araba and Agege and the attendant consequences.

It is either you do not understand the meaning of cowardice or you have equated bravery to chest beating and false bravado.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
abagoro:

Nigerians generally have this problem of inability to suggest ways of solving a problem. We need a grazing zone period.

Ngwanu provide the grazing zone in your backyard now. Onwere onye ji gi na aka LOL undecided
How many indigenes of a place have Igbo settlers, residents, or even visitors ever killed in Nigeria?
It is people like you that work steadily to attract killers into Igboland in the name of tolerance.
Next thing you start to call sane people all kinds of names just to justify your insane theories.

kpota ndi oloko nye ha ala obi gi.
Arrant nonsense.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Orikinla(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The bloodthirsty bastards always seem to be comfortable doing this in Imo for some funny reason! undecided I've never heard of this nonsense happening in Anambra or Abia.

[size=18pt]They did so once in Umuahia and the father of the young man they killed, got his own gun and gunned down several of them and their cattle and the villagers drove the rest away and they never trespassed that land again.

I have said that the sooner we get rid of them whenever they trespass our lands, the better and safer we would be.
Don't spare them.
They are evil.[/size]
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Nebeuwa(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
What does Okorocha has to say about this? angry
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
I will again call for MASSOB to be forced into dissolution in Igboland.
We do not need them for anything. We are not leaving Nigeria. We are Nigerians and must defend our land as Nigerians using any possible means. If we cannot defend our lands in Nigeria, is it a cowardly MASSOB that would form the new military for an independent Biafra?
I still maintain that either MASSOB changes leadership or it must disband, because it is turning Igboland into a land of cowards. We are NOT (by a very looooooooog shot) cowards. But MASSOB is steadily creating a new culture of cowardice in Igboland.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by DerideGull(m): 8:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
I have preached the essence of self-defense to any Igbo who cared to listen. It is unfortunate Biafra lost the war which provided its opponent the opportunity to disarm Ndigbo and instigate the sense of owing ammunition to equal armed robbery. Since after the war, most communities in Igbo can not fend off attacks by two Fulani herdsmen armed with AK-47.

Even when one preaches the idea of possessing a weapon, some peers look at the person as crazy and readily jump onto teaching of bible. When a person can not fight for freedom, death is the surest consolation.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
DerideGull: I have preached the essence of self-defense to any Igbo who cared to listen. It is unfortunate Biafra lost the war which provided its opponent the opportunity to disarm Ndigbo and instigate the sense of owing ammunition to equal armed robbery. Since after the war, most communities in Igbo can not fend off attacks by two Fulani herdsmen armed with AK-47.

Even when one preaches the idea of possessing a weapon, some peers look at the person as crazy and readily jump onto teaching of bible. When a person can not fight for freedom, death is the surest consolation.

Which of course is the biggest lie ever told about God's attitude towards self defense.
Check the Bible carefully, the men that God loved most were all warriors, even right from Abraham (who maintained a tiny army), to Jacob (whose sons Levi and Simeon almost killed 300 Canaanites because one of them ra.,ped their sister), to David (who was a war man totally); just name any one whom God worked closely with, they were all warriors!
These lies were told to soften Africans for easy exploitation.
I never bought any of those lies, and YES I am very close to God.
David said in the book of Psalms "Blessed be the Lord God my strength who teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight". If you do not fight, you will not exist on this earth. It is really simple.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by nduchucks: 8:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:

Ngwanu provide the grazing zone in your backyard now.
Arrant nonsense.

The above post shows that University education does mean that you cease to be dumb, narrow minded, and stoopid. Fulani people have been grazing on that land way before you people arrived from Benin and Yoruba land.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Italiano1: 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
DerideGull: I have preached the essence of self-defense to any Igbo who cared to listen. It is unfortunate Biafra lost the war which provided its opponent the opportunity to disarm Ndigbo and instigate the sense of owing ammunition to equal armed robbery. Since after the war, most communities in Igbo can not fend off attacks by two Fulani herdsmen armed with AK-47.

This is getting interesting by the day.

Where are the kidnappers in the SE getting their ammunitions from?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Italiano1:

Another deliberate manipulation of the facts.

The whole country knows that Ibos are routinely murdered in the North, this has been the case after a Ibo coup led to the cold blooded murder of Hausa politicians, the Hausas have not forgotten or forgiven the Ibos. Unfortunately some Yorubas have been victims of these clashes but for every Yoruba person killed in the north, 1000 Ibos have lost their lives.

You call Yorubas cowards but we are not the ones that receive trailers full of dead bodies every 3 months from Kano; Hausas are too smart to target Yorubas- they remember Idi-Araba and Agege and the attendant consequences.

It is either you do not understand the meaning of cowardice or you have equated bravery to chest beating and false bravado.

Their slaying up north started as far back 1945, well before coup.

Idi Araba, Agege and Sagamu.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The above post shows that University education does mean that you cease to be dumb, narrow minded, and stoopid. Fulani people have been grazing on that land way before you people arrived from Benin and Yoruba land.

The stoopid thing is that a so called educated man is tacitly supporting pre-19th century animal pasturing system for 21st century.
Any day I see any Fulani cattle on my land, they will meet 21st century resistance to their 19th century way of life.
Land can be bought by anybody in Nigeria, and there is law against trespassing. I encourage them to buy theirs just like I bought mine.

I somehow have an assured feeling that this Fulani madness will meet a final solution in Igboland one of these days.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by DerideGull(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This is an insult that could not be overlooked. The Fulani of yesteryears that made entry into what became Nigeria in 1800s can not and will not be considered as the second comers. Even when the combined forces of Caliphate which included everything north of Niger River from Lokoja had Yoruba of Oyo fame on the run, they were slapped into dementia at some place in present day Kogi State by relatively unknown Akagbe of Igbo powerhouse.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Emekanews(m): 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
let me laugh, my people
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Emekanews(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
When did we Ibos become cowards, hiding from Fulanis in our own backyards?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Emekanews(m): 8:35pm On Aug 10, 2013
Fulanis slayed us up North, now they cone to slay us at home.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Orikinla(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
Igbos should stop whining and take action.

“God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
― Albert Einstein”
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by Onlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
Emekanews: Fulanis slayed us up North, now they cone to slay us at home.

Yoruba masquerade we don hear you.
Atulu! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community by zenith7(m): 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
What do you expect when the governor is the first southern christian governor to host an islamic women conference in the state, build a mosque in orlu for them, wanted to convert assumpta cathedral to mosque but was rebuked, wanted to build a mosque in the government house? All these to prove his allegiance to his islamic brothers in APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tompolo Hails Buhari On Amnesty Programme Boss Appointment / Ayo Adebanjo: Buhari Wants To Provoke Nigerians To Go To War / Obono-Obla: Peter Obi Is Not Eligible To Contest Presidential Election Under LP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.