Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40564 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ogaju007(m): 12:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God help us

Many thanks for your comments. No one is saying the church should be taxed. I wondered why we dont have as many pentecostal churches in Germany as we have in uK and other places but lo and behold, the government put a strict law on collecting money from individuals so religion will not be monetary as they have done in Nigeria and other places. i can count how many of such churches exist in germany simply because its not profitable. so your argument of church not being profit making is morally flawed but constitutionally right.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ogaju007(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hemical: So, the other day I was in this church and there was this man dancing and graciously giving his offering. The pastor even prayed that his business continues to flourish. He made a large donation for the church's new expansion project. I knew I had seen the man somewhere. I tried to recollect. It didn't come early enough but then, it struck me. He was one of the robbers who came to rob our house the other night. He's even being prayed for to have a flourishing business. They killed our gateman that night. The gateman's wife was pregnant. I went to make inquiries after service, everyone said the man is a business-man but they don't know his kind of business. It's no one's fault though. Just wish they knew more about him. There are thieves everywhere. Just wish people will ask more questions. Maybe our gateman will still be alive and his baby will still have a father. I called the police. They arrested him the next sunday, he confessed to the crime.

sorry to hear that. thats what happens in a society where worshiping God = having loads of money. we have totally missed the point of serving God now its about prosperity. i dont have a problem with people giving all they have to a guy, thats their problem but i do have a problem with people that know how to play on poor peoples minds. its sad, pathetic and annoying.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by anonimi: 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hemical: So, the other day I was in this church and there was this man dancing and graciously giving his offering. The pastor even prayed that his business continues to flourish. He made a large donation for the church's new expansion project. I knew I had seen the man somewhere. I tried to recollect. It didn't come early enough but then, it struck me. He was one of the robbers who came to rob our house the other night. He's even being prayed for to have a flourishing business. They killed our gateman that night. The gateman's wife was pregnant. I went to make inquiries after service, everyone said the man is a business-man but they don't know his kind of business. It's no one's fault though. Just wish they knew more about him. There are thieves everywhere. Just wish people will ask more questions. Maybe our gateman will still be alive and his baby will still have a father. I called the police. They arrested him the next sunday, he confessed to the crime.

Thanks for your very good testimony of using your God given brain and talent to contribute to the growth and devlopment of our society rather than SIMPLY praying for God again to come down and save us from ourselves.
How good and pleasant our country will be if there were others behaving like you!

The pastor being "human & highly fallible" was not omniscience as to be all-knowing that a thief was his big "tither".
God is good all the time as long as you drop the mullah!!!
No questions asked.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
ogaju007: if its non of your business what your church does with your money then i dont see why you should ever ever ever ever blame any government for mismanaging money that is not yours. gbam

You are getting it wrong ! Church money is not ur money but that of God ! Government money is our money !
Surprised ? How can the one(cash)we give no longer ours but the government money that we did not even contribute is ours ?
Ask urself this question; Why do i give(offering and tithe) in my local church ? If you give to God,you don't have to ask these pastors what they do with it as God's representative becos God chose them,you didn't do that !

Let God ask them for HIS money !But if you gave to them and not God,you can go ask them what it was used for !

God help us

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ogaju007(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for your very good testimony of using your God given brain and talent to contribute to the growth and devlopment of our society rather than SIMPLY praying for God again to come down and save us from ourselves.
How good and pleasant our country will be if there were others behaving like you!

No questions asked.

What do you want God to do for you again? Have you realized Nigeria is the most blessed nation in the world? But the people are the problem. Until we start thinking outside the box, my brother nothing go happen. We dont even appreciate the greatest law of all (Love thy neighbour as thyself). So tell me if you can't love your neighbour that you can see how can you claim to love someone you can't see.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ogaju007(m): 12:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

You are getting it wrong ! Church money is not ur money but that of God ! Government money is our money !
Surprised ? How can the one(cash)we give no longer ours but the government money that we did not even contribute is ours ?
Ask urself this question; Why do i give(offering and tithe) in my local church ? If you give to God,you don't have to ask these pastors what they do with it as God's representative becos God chose them,you didn't do that !

Let God ask them for HIS money !But if you gave to them and not God,you can go ask them what it was used for !

God help us

Shebi na God put people for govt, let God ask them too now abi?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by sojnaija(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks.
So why do you NEED to go to church and be "ministered upon" by some pastor who is not God and is "highly fallible" when the words of God that he refers to are avaliable for you also to read and understand
The Bible tells us to "Forsake not the gathering together of ourselves" you shud also have read or heard that Jesus taught in synagogues (church buildings) same as peter, paul and other apostles. thats why we need to gather in church.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
ogaju007:

Many thanks for your comments. No one is saying the church should be taxed. I wondered why we dont have as many pentecostal churches in Germany as we have in uK and other places but lo and behold, the government put a strict law on collecting money from individuals so religion will not be monetary as they have done in Nigeria and other places. i can count how many of such churches exist in germany simply because its not profitable. so your argument of church not being profit making is morally flawed but constitutionally right.
Having such strict laws of taxation on the churches will only hinder the spread of Christianity and little wonder we have them just very very few in Germany ? The mega churches that might not be genuine will meet up with these tax as they can even go borrowing from banks to pay their taxes hoping things will improve soon ! So what happens to the genuine 'mushroom churches' ? In every fake,there are original some where. Allow them all to operate,spreading the gospel and some day,the fake ones will be exposed and go into oblivion. Whether there will be fake,that is certain becos if we don't have them around it will just mean that Christ lied and we all know that God can not lie !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
ogaju007:

Shebi na God put people for govt, let God ask them too now abi?
Yes God put people for Government to lead the people,if them no lead well,God go still ask them wen the time reach !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by anonimi: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
soj-naija:

The Bible tells us to "Forsake not the gathering together of ourselves" you shud also have read or heard that Jesus taught in synagogues (church buildings) same as peter, paul and other apostles. thats why we need to gather in church.

1. Synagogues are not churches.
2. The teaching of Christ in diverse places, both inside and OUTSIDE the syangogues, is not at all similar to the sermonised INSTRUCTIONS being dished out today in churches on how to prosper and do well for YOURSELF aka prosperity gospel with little or no concern for your neighbour and the society in which you live!!!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ogaju007(m): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Having such strict laws of taxation on the churches will only hinder the spread of Christianity and little wonder we have them just very very few in Germany ? The mega churches that might not be genuine will meet up with these tax as they can even go borrowing from banks to pay their taxes hoping things will improve soon ! So what happens to the genuine 'mushroom churches' ? In every fake,there are original some where. Allow them all to operate,spreading the gospel and some day,the fake ones will be exposed and go into oblivion. Whether there will be fake,that is certain becos if we don't have them around it will just mean that Christ lied and we all know that God can not lie !

God help us

MKO they have good churches in Germany that preach the true word of God and even donate for places like Nigeria but they don't have pastors living like Jayz and beyounce.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
anonimi:

And the "assembling together" MUST be in a church with the "HUMAN & highly FALLIBLE" pastor as head lecturing people on what to do and not to do
If you can test the words or lectures of the pastor as u put it,and discover it does not conform with the word of God,what will you still be doing there ? The only way you can remain under a wrong teaching is only wen you urself is ignorant of what the WORD is saying !
The assembling together is that of belivers of the WORD OF GOD !An outsider may not also see that gathering as a gathering where he should be becos HE does not 'believe' in the word the gatherers believe on !
God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by anonimi: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Yet Germany has one of the most resilient economies in Europe compared to the recession-hit, more religious European countries like Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal, France etc.
Is this something you can reflect on

God help us

Can you be very specific as to how you want God to help us?
Maybe you can start by finding out how He helped the western Europeans some 700-500 years ago!

ogaju007:

MKO they have good churches in Germany that preach the true word of God and even donate for places like Nigeria but they don't have pastors living like Jayz and beyounce.

Exactly!!!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by anonimi: 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
m.k.o2005:

If you can test the words or lectures of the pastor as u put it,and discover it does not conform with the word of God,what will you still be doing there ? The only way you can remain under a wrong teaching is only wen you urself is ignorant of what the WORD is saying !
The assembling together is that of belivers of the WORD OF GOD !An outsider may not also see that gathering as a gathering where he should be becos HE does not 'believe' in the word the gatherers believe on !
God help us

And how many people in your "assembling together" do you actually notice that are NOT ignorant of the word of God, which as you know is very different from the pastor's personal INTERPRETATION of the word
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
ogaju007:

I am yet to see a pastor who lives like Jay Z and Beyonce except in the area of helping the needy and giving to charity!
As for the private Jets,even unbelievers put on good suits,eat good food,drive in good cars,live in good houses and even give arms to the less privileges !Good things of life can't be for unbelievers alone,i beg to disagree with that ! If God says he will supply all my needs,what ever i 'need'MUST be provided by God as long as i don't ask amiss as HIS child !
ARE THE PASTORS AN EXCEPTION ?They are equally children of God whom have been given the ability to make wealth !
Deuteronomy 8:18''You shall remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you power to get wealth, that he may confirm his covenant that he swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
Any pastor who preaches prosperity message just to enrich himself other than liberate the congregation is violating the word of God !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Kaystick(m): 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
dont u know that you cant give God stolen money and be blessed. The church may collect it frm ur hand but its not acceptable by God.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
anonimi:

And how many people in your "assembling together" do you actually notice that are NOT ignorant of the word of God, which as you know is very different from the pastor's personal INTERPRETATION of the word
I for one by the special grace of God,is not ignorant of the word of God ! No matter the interpretation,scripture always agrees with other scriptures ! I also want to believe there are people who also are just like me. For you to have such gifts,you must open the scripture on ur own and always and you can covet also the gift of the spirit of discernment !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kaystick: dont u know that you cant give God stolen money and be blessed. The church may collect it frm ur hand but its not acceptable by God.
Even the church teaches that !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Standing5:
I am not here to defend or oppose anyone but how is Oyedepo and those at winners chapel suppose to know that the payer of tithe did not obtain his money the right way. Some people shouting murder here will gladly market their products to anyone with money without questioning the source.
this ȋ̝̊̅§ 1 of the thief beneficiary of the stolen money oooooooh! Chai, Oyedepo always prophecy vision for you and you believed him, why ȋ̝̊̅§ vision will not refill stolen prophecy, jesus has said Iτ̅ all, woe unto you that known the truth and refuse to speak, you are not only refuse to speak the truth but covering lies, woe multiply by 100 to you.  Nigerian will never progress these way if we can't stand for the truth together, always devided in every opinion

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
When the people who ought to set examples keep failing to do so.

We wouldn't be surprised if it was a member who was involved. But once you have so many people looking up to you, you desired it so you must live up to its billing.

I wouldn't say much because most of our mega and mushroom churches are culpable of this. It is a societal thing

In doing the work of the Lord, many of us forget the Lord of the work. This is one of those cases!

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
this ȋ̝̊̅§ 1 of the thief beneficiary of the stolen money oooooooh! Chai, Oyedepo always prophecy vision for you and you believed him, why ȋ̝̊̅§ vision will not refill stolen prophecy, jesus has said Ȋ̝̊̅τ̅ all, woe unto you that known the truth and refuse to speak, you are not only refuse to speak the truth but covering lies, woe multiply by 100 to you.  Nigerian will never progress these way if we can't stand for the truth together, always devided in every opinion

And there is woe for anyone who attributes the powers of the spirit to man or to the devil !
But my prayers for us all is that we don't fall prey to the trick of the devil. The devil is subtle and cunning. Let any man who thinks he stands be very careful lest he falls ! If you know that when you try to correct or speak the truth you might err,it is better to be quiet ! Proverbs 10:19''Sin is not ended by multiplying words, but the prudent hold their tongues''.

God help us

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Forwetinnah: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
black_beau: Why don't I ever get to meet this kind of people in the bank? * starts crying*
grin grin grin ..so you belive that strange woman gist? Heres a man trying to account for stolen money and he comes up with giving a strange woman money in the bank and you believe? Na him babe biko!! He just doesn't want more gobe from his wife(as per say she no receive shi shi)
Concerning the topic, Winners is a very big church with VERY PROMINENT members, trust me! I went for Shiloh once on invitation by a friend and was shocked by the calibre of people cleaning toilets, Gutters, sweeping etc in humility as church workers. People have businesses that can generate 11million naira as tithe per week in that church I tell you. If Dangote was a Christian am sure Winners would have been his church. But I feel certain donations should be questioned though..having a Winner's member donate that amount is like drining water in that church. For winners na donation galore dey happen..battle of who hol pass but e no concern Oyedepo, him own b say "no bring stolen wealth'..dats all

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by donbuchi1(m): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
If we all agree the money was stolen, then we have solved 85% of this argument.

If yes it was stolen: will CHRIST give or accept ill gotten money gift?

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by johnsonjosbles(m): 1:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
soj-naija:
[b]I work in the Accounts Department of a moderate size RCCG church in Gbagada, Lagos... the total tithes CHEQUES received just last week 4/8/2013 was N=17,400,000 (N=17.4 million naira. two (2) of the cheques were value N=8.1 million naira each.
There are people whose businesses yield a profit of N=10million monthly and therefore can afford to N=1 million as tithe.
I know some of our members who pay upfront tithe of N=12million at the begining of the year, all they do later is pay up the shortfall as the year roll.
My point is that many people make N=150 million LEGITIMATELY every month/Year in Nigeria.(some of them are Christians, some Moslems, and some are pagans and Atheists).
The Colonel may choose to pay tithe to Winners Chapel, just like He may choose to donate it to anoda church or mosque or shrine or charity or orphanage.. The criminal here (as claimed by the martial court) is the Colonel, NOT the recipient (church). We can make noise only IF the church is ordered to make a refund and they refuse.[/b]
. You are a bloody liers. If you actually working with that section of that church, RCCG, such information must be confidential! Or you will soon expose the cherch to armed rubbers. Ĩ̷̊ ordered you sacked now. What am Ĩ̷̊ saying sef. You r a lier. Get out!!!!!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by sojnaija(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Did you say Bloody Liar?
I believe say poverty don shrink your aspiration and expectation.. i said cheques, Not cash.. it takes just a sheet of printed paper to be called cheque which can carry value of several millions.

@johnsonjosbles:
. You are a bloody liers. If you actually working with that section of that church, RCCG, such information must be confidential! Or you will soon expose the cherch to armed rubbers. Ĩ̷̊ ordered you sacked now. What am Ĩ̷̊ saying sef. You r a lier. Get out!!!!!

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by bejeria101(m): 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
dridowu: Touch not my anointed (Bishop Oyedepo)
no need for noise like christ embassy,the church will refund the money,no rubbish u say against the Church will stand,pls you nairalanders fear Gods wrath because when it happens i wont share with you.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by dridowu: 1:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
bejeria101: no need for noise like christ embassy,the church will refund the money,no rubbish u say against the Church will stand,pls you nairalanders fear Gods wrath because when it happens i wont share with you.
when we commit crime we hide under the roof of religion , God wrath will surely deal with all dos fake pastors and imams

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by mko2005: 1:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
don buchi: If we all agree the money was stolen, then we have solved 85% of this argument.

If yes it was stolen: will CHRIST give or accept ill gotten money gift?
Do you know that people supported(financially)to the ministry of Christ while HE was here on earth ? Christ never accepted ill gotten money and will not accept it even today! Christians are not expected to make such or move around with ill gotten money and sit tight in churches.But if any one has got some ill gotten money to throw around or to be used for the work of God,then such a person is fulfilling scripture and will still end up in hell if he/she doesn't repent !

God help us
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by amor4ce(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
Matthew 16:1-9 applies, especially vese 9
And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail, they may recieve you into an everlasting home.
From the passage, the convicted army officer is the unrighteous servant and the subject of verse 9 while while mammon and the everlasting home are oyedepo and his church. how is it that the spirit of the lord in that church did not help oyedepo discern and reject the convict earlier? the n11 million given to the church of oyedepo is almost 10 percent of the unrighteous n150 million.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by juman(m): 2:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Fake "religious" leaders. Hiss.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by vislabraye(m): 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
3ace: I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!

There's something late pst. Esko does that's commendable. Before any offering, tithe or donation is received, he will openly declare, " if you're a prostitute, 419er, thief U better don't drop your money here. "

While I can't blame a pastor for the offering people give, they should also go a long way to help matters. With so much seed soWing for blessings going on, some people will be pressurised to get the money @ all cost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Obtain The Nigerian E-passport? / Obiano & Wife On Victory Road March To Thank Anambra People For Their Support / Akpabio writes National Assembly, denies saying lawmakers got NDDC contracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.