Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40562 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by true2talk(m): 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
ojubi: That is covenant wealth according to OYEDEPO.
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs money.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Ayatullah(m): 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
smileyu:

Ahh!! Bros control your emotions, the report no ask for the state of Oyedepo eye sight naa. Be wise enough to think through what you have to say before you say it. Anyway you may not be that wise sha as you have displayed but please use common sense next time. Just a quick reminder you must not even comment on a thread

You are the one displaying foooolishnes and a lack of common sense if you cannot deduce the BLINDNESS of your super hero - OYEDEPO, the 'fraudster' calling himself Man of God.

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by johnsonjosbles(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
soj-naija:
Did you say Bloody Liar?
I believe say poverty don shrink your aspiration and expectation.. i said cheques, Not cash.. it takes just a sheet of printed paper to be called cheque which can carry value of several millions.

you are still not saying the truth this slowpoke, you believe in ♍γ̲̣̣̥ porverty aspiratoin which ȋ̝̊̅§ not true, because I'm still better than you even in ♍γ̲̣̣̥ porverty meaning I'm not poor like you. That's another offence. Your 1st offence was you claim you are working with RCCG financial section bla bla bla! And you were exposing confidential information which Ĩ̷̊ believe you are telling lies, if you are saying the truth, send your details on this post and let's investigate you and know if you are still qualify for the job! Wether Iτ̅ ȋ̝̊̅§ a check or cash, your loose mouth can cause a caterstrophe in the day of cash movement. Pea brain as you are! Idiot!!
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Moyato(m): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs money.
.don't judge.were u there wen d pastor was involking d blessins.can u tel me d church dat wil ask all members were they get there money from?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by success9(m): 3:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
kilmix: Section 427 of the Nigeria Criminal Code. I Quote

"Receiving Property Stolen or Fraudulently Obtained and like Offences

427. Any person who receives anything which has been obtained by means of any act constituting a felony or misdemeanour, or by means of any act done at a place not in Nigeria, which if it had been done in Nigeria would have constituted a felony or misdemeanour, and which is an offence under the laws in force in the place where it was done, knowing the same to have been so obtained, is guilty of a felony.

If the offence by means of which the thing was obtained is a felony, the offender is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, except in the case in which the thing so obtained was postal matter, or any chattel, money or valuable security contained therein, in which case the offender is liable to imprisonment for life."

Ur point precisely...
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by sojnaija(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
you stil ddnt read that i typed cheque not cash. there is no need for churches to move cash, thanks to d cashless initiative. as per whether i am real, u can email me for contact details. [quote author=@johnsonjosbles] you are still not saying the truth this slowpoke, you believe in ♍γ̲̣̣̥ porverty aspiratoin which ȋ̝̊̅§ not true, because I'm still better than you even in ♍γ̲̣̣̥ porverty meaning I'm not poor like you. That's another offence. Your 1st offence was you claim you are working with RCCG financial section bla bla bla! And you were exposing confidential information which Ĩ̷̊ believe you are telling lies, if you are saying the truth, send your details on this post and let's inve
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by shejane: 4:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
Pls bring more of dat stolen money, my church (living faith) needs d money 4 many tins. God cannot send money 4m heaven, it must b thru som1 wada stolen or nt. Hw many of us make our money genuinely wtout lying, taking bribe or stealing? Nd all d money u do collect 4m pple, do u kw hw it was made? May God av mercy on u all

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by HolyHolla(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
mooregan:
If u want to go that way, When person dey Army, e no de get businesses?? U pple don't think b4 talking.

Sorry to have commented on your post. I didnt know you are one of those who cannot make a statement with decorum and decency.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Datshyguy(m): 4:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
Degis:

When your Catholic Church was indicted in the Bank PHB scandal, you slowpokes kept quiet. Do I need to blame you?.. Your Mother did not tell you how to comport yourself in a public forum
are you anti - catholic? What gave you the impression that he is catholic.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thisismike(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
3ace: I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!
...thank U jare
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by MYLO(m): 6:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Says Church gets N11m in two instalments

Popular pentecostal church with headquarters in Ota, Living Faith Church has been named as one of the beneficiaries of the N150 million over which Colonel Robert  Ahangba (N/9827) was convicted on Tuesday by an Army Court Martial for allegedly defrauding the government of Bayelsa State.

The Army officer was alleged to have used the name of the late National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi to swing the deal during the administration of former governor of Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva.

Speaking while delivering judgement on a four count charge prefered against the Colonel, President of the court martial, Brig.Gen. Edward Nze said that the officer donated N11 million to the church in two instalments of N9 million and N2 million.

Other beneficiaries of the Colonel’s largesse were two messengers in the Bayelsa State Government House who were allegedly given N500,000 each, an Army officer who he gave N5 million for welfare and an unknown lady who met him in a bank where he allegedly directed that she should be given N8 million.

Giving more insight on how the money was disbursed, General Edward Nze said
“The sum of N25,000,000 was traced to Account number: 0000775163 in Union Bank. The sum of N30,790,000 was traced to Account Number: 0000730707 in Union Bank and N29,500,000 traced to Account number 0001800406 also in Union Bank. In First Bank, the sum of N48,055,654 was traced to Account Number 2011252278 and in First Bank Registrars the sum of N13.5 million was also traced”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n150m-loot-army-panel-indicts-winners-chapel/
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by cecegorz(m): 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
I think it's high time the Anti Money Laundering activities should be seriously implemented in Churches/Mosques.
These organizations should be mandated to report to CBN on any individual that drops up to N1m, just like banks. Since Nigerians are notoriously religious, you find them giving part of their loot to the religious organizations as an act of penance. Some even build places of worship with stolen public funds without questioning.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ayantaiwo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2013
U̶̲̥̅̊ pple jst coment because of d personal hatred U̶̲̥̅̊ av for d church and d man of G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̮͡D̲̅ ̶̥ (Oyedepo) most pple give our dere tithe and pledge i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ envelop, so hw wl d pastor nw kn wu donate d money. Dis pple gav out witout forcin dem
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Olaolufred(m): 6:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bishop repeated today(11-08-2013), That a thief is not a thief because of where he sTole from (from mum's pot of soup or govt). He is one because of the act.
He repeated it again that the curse of the Lord is in the house of a thief. It is foolish to steal to impress God as if God is one small boy that one can entice with sweet.
Colonel like many others is a thief and should face d music.
May this demonic spirit not enter me o (amen).
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by redsun(m): 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
The only reason why there is no atom of morals in nigeria today is because the socalled men and women of god cannot differentiate between a thief and honest person.Nigeria has been able to merge morality and immorality and for some uncanny reason people are able justify what they personally deem right in the eyes of the bespelled people,even when it is obvious to rational minds it is wrong.

An age devoid of reason and rational emotive behaviours.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by stede(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
naijababe:

The people of Mumu kingdom are too timid to ask tough questions na. Going by biblical accounts sef, the children of Israel who are supposed to be God's favourites questioned their prophets all the time.

May God open your eyes of understanding.
By the way how much is 11 million naira?
Back to the issue on ground, there are millions (within Lagos not to even talk of otta and other states in the SW) of worshippers that drop offerings @ God's house, so tell me how can the church of God know that you are a robber?
Secondly, He wasn't made to give under compulsion or at gun point.
3rdly, the fact is that most high class folks don't live on their salaries. They have one investment of the other that keep yielding returns for them.
Finally, let's call a spade a spade, the man stole and should face the gallery.
Blaming the church for this is very laughable and beyond ridiculous.
The poverty mentality rate of Africa is due to our inability to accept responsibility and our inability to accept responsibility has made us a perpetual liability to our immediate society.
Let's call a spade a spade.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
stede:

May God open your eyes of understanding.
By the way how much is 11 million naira?
Back to the issue on ground, there are millions (within Lagos not to even talk of otta and other states in the SW) of worshippers that drop offerings @ God's house, so tell me how can the church of God know that you are a robber?
Secondly, He wasn't made to give under compulsion or at gun point.
3rdly, the fact is that most high class folks don't live on their salaries. They have one investment of the other that keep yielding returns for them.
Finally, let's call a spade a spade, the man stole and should face the gallery.
Blaming the church for this is very laughable and beyond ridiculous.
The poverty mentality rate of Africa is due to our inability to accept responsibility and our inability to accept responsibility has made us a perpetual liability to our immediate environment.
Let's call a spade a spade.

I hope you know what the bolded means o. Daniel, my favourite man in the bible. Nigerian MOGs can learn a lot from that man.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by IboBoyNuel(m): 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
shejane: Pls bring more of dat stolen money, my church (living faith) needs d money 4 many tins. God cannot send money 4m heaven, it must b thru som1 wada stolen or nt. Hw many of us make our money genuinely wtout lying, taking bribe or stealing? Nd all d money u do collect 4m pple, do u kw hw it was made? May God av mercy on u all

finally, one reasonable comment

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Kidstell: 8:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
Personally i'm disappointed that many of these contributors are christians. But if the headline had been re-phrased thus; "ARMY GENERAL DONATES STOLEN MONEY TO CHURCH" the argument would have been different. The church at large is under reproach. Of course not where in the scripture was a man asked the source of his offering though they were instructed on the nature, quantity and integrity. The GIVER knows by morals and instinct what integrity must be found in his offering(nature and quantity). But he chose to act contrary, the pastor must have taught his people on several occasions about the nature, quantity and integrity of offering. If you chose to deceive your self where is the pastor's fault. Who knows if he donated anonymously. Who knows if he is even a standard member. Many people who don't even know christ, will be claiming redeem, daystar or even christ embassy when filling Forms

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by onlyme07(m): 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Standing5:
I am not here to defend or oppose anyone but how is Oyedepo and those at winners chapel suppose to know that the payer of tithe did not obtain his money the right way. Some people shouting murder here will gladly market their products to anyone with money without questioning the source.

Not castigating either but @ least they can find out which job he does for living to donate such huge amount or they can't do that as well.? Just asking . God dey !
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by JaaizTech: 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
3ace: I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!
Perhaps, the reasons why people are quick to attack the pastors are that the pastors claim to be so anointed, that they converse with God directly, they perform miracles, they cast out witches from a distance, but why is that with their self-acclaimed closeness to God, they can't seem to recognise stolen or ill gotten wealth.
And also in the past even when the wealth received by church has been discovered to be ill-gotten, they are reluctant to return it.
Lastly, i believe most pastors of pentecoastal churches are highly reverred by their members so much that they run to them for the most important issues in their lives, I am sure if these pastors have cared to give them stern warnings against donating stolen wealth, they would mostly desist from it. But are the pastors willing to take the risk??

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by angelseddy(f): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

On the last day we shall know wats up.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!
dude, you are so wrong and it's sad that many folks think like this. Very sad.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by yormite: 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hmnnnn winners or looters chapel well i reserve my comments
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Niyomi(m): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
I pity you guys that usually use your disgusting mouth against men of God, You are not afraid of your future. Let God judge
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by hectorsector: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2013
The mouth of a fool is wide open, he says all in his belly. But the heart of the wise is unto discretion. Talk is very cheap.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by chrmn1: 11:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
[color=#770077][/color](1) pls let's b vr practical here if I pay tithe or vows in millions of cash how does d chrch verify d source (2)pls b careful how u speak against MOGs let God b d judge david wld not lay a finger against Gods anointed even though king saul was in d wrong & even when he just tore a part of sauls skrt his heart prickd him. Be careful guyz
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 12, 2013
TRUTH IS PPL WILL ALWAYS TWIST THE TRUTH TO SUIT THEM
WHAT DO U EXPECT FROM A PASTOR WHO ASSAULTED SOME1, & SHAMELESSLY BRAGGED ABT IT. NO CLASS NO SHAME WHATSOEVER
EVEN IF HE IS CAUGHT PHUCKING A 6 YR OLD KID. HE WILLL STILL BRAG ABT IT AND THE MEMBERS WILL STILL QUOTE BIBLE TO JUSTIFY THIS. IF THEY CANT THEY WILL QUICKLY CHANT THE TOUCH NOT MY ANNOINTED MANTRA
WELL ITS NOT MY MONEY ITS NOT MY BUSINESS. ID LET THE PIG WALLOW IN ITS FILTH

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by engrjamiu(m): 7:45am On Aug 12, 2013
Standing5:
I am not here to defend or oppose anyone but how is Oyedepo and those at winners chapel suppose to know that the payer of tithe did not obtain his money the right way. Some people shouting murder here will gladly market their products to anyone with money without questioning the source.

Just by simplying preaching the truth. Pay your tithe from your sweat.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by roborstein(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2013
He will deliver the wealth of d gentiles unto my hands...i dont mean to be mean but y'all planning or scheming every nite and day to get wealth by all corrupt means will do dat while i seek after God's kingdom and i'll get all from ur hands wen every other tin is added unto me..GOD even gives to me,His beloved,while i sleep...Oyedepo doesnt even count or see d tithe dat comes in2 winners...poor mindset lead to poor mentality..i pray God helps ppl dat criticise others 2 live a life their own children can emulate..if not una no go berra pass tonto or beverly..have a blessed week
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by fransixe(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2013
My fellow Nairalanders....them say if we see truth make we talk! they are accusing this man of FRAUD for N150milion right? I just did a rough estimate of the monies they actually traced/associated with him.....e pass 150 million oh. Now am actually doubting the veracity of the whole story. Besides, 150million no reach half of wetin others the chop.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by autchkings: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Winner chapel is not a church where politicians and looters are welcome. Mind you there are so many worshiper with legitimate business that drop more than hundred million Cheque at once. who have the time to be checking who and who drop cheque and how many them are you going check.
People should mind how they Talk to men of God. Any time you talk to men of God you are talking to God directly, be careful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Peter Obi Invited To The Chatham House On 16th January, 2023 / Edo Governorship Election: Results Of 751 Polling Units Still Being Expected / ‘goodluck Nigeria,’ Says New York Post In Reply To President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.