Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40556 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Reference(m): 7:30am On Aug 11, 2013
These scandals will continue as long as proper laws concerning the receipt of stolen property and money laundering are effected. I've spoken extensively about the hammer that should come down on banks for being the principal drivers. A colonel depositing 20 million is a red flag in any serious country. In the US he could even be suspected of episonage.

Banks, the stock market and other financial houses should constantly be put under pressure to disclose. Even those trading expensive assets should not be spared: real estate, businesses, luxury goods, precious metals should have checks similar to hotels demanding passports for foreign guests or gun shops demanding licenses. This mess has got to stop.

The church is liable and should not be exempted from this war on graft. There is no where in scripture where you cannot demand to know the source of giftings. In a few scriptures gifts were REJECTED on account of the quality of the gift, giver, the timing, context, etc.

And don't say the church is so big control is impossible. 2 million naira will not fit into an offering basket. 2 million naira will give you a name, place and date. And for heavens sake you are to KNOW your flock. Jesus knew every one of his disciples. That is real fellowship.

The Christian God I know does not need to rob to build His Church. He owns everything.

5 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by pawa4ul: 7:46am On Aug 11, 2013
It was called "MISSIONARY " when it was Anglican, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist; but today it is called "MINISTRY " with all sorts of enterprising names... That is the difference. God save us.

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by shyvicky: 7:48am On Aug 11, 2013
Stella_Bella: Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.
TB Joshua does the good parts
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 11, 2013
The most stvpid thing this army officer did is that he gave 8 million to an ''unknown lady''.....what the heck! No povssy on earth is worththat amount!

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Jesuspikin87(m): 7:51am On Aug 11, 2013
One thing I certainly won't do is open my mouth and speak ill of any man of God.

The Fact that a man is a pastor means he isn't entitled to stay in a good house, Ride the best of cars and do other normal thing even an average human being crave for.

Aside Oyedepo being a pastor, He's business oriented. I pray God bless me with such business idea. A man with just one Business or a company is a millionaire in this country not talk of a Man with many business. Check out, Covenant Microfinance Bank,Covenant Bakery,Covenant water, Covenant press.....etc.

Aside from the church purse this Man is personally wealthy.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Reference(m): 7:54am On Aug 11, 2013
And I know Winners Chapel inside out. Their administrative structure is second to none, perhaps globally. They run very tight controls so the area of scrutiny must be added to their structure. It will not chase people away but even give others more confidence to do good things.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by manjiggy(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2013
phildon: I've read a lot of comments and I could not come across anyone condemning Christianity for this. All I read were one church versus the other on wealth or on holiness. If this were a report against Islam, or Islam-related, wao! Quran, Muhammad and Islam would be under attack! But check out the muslims in the house. THEY MIND THEIR BUSINESS![b]I've read a lot of comments and I could not come across anyone condemning Christianity for this. All I read were one church versus the other on wealth or on holiness. If this were a report against Islam, or Islam-related, wao! Quran, Muhammad and Islam would be under attack! But check out the muslims in the house. THEY MIND THEIR BUSINESS!
Are you here to complicate the issue or what
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by manjiggy(m): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
. God bless your generation ♍γ̲̣̣̥ brother, that man called man of devil not God ȋ̝̊̅§ a confirmed 419 businessman, he's worst than most corrupt politician. If you want to comp ere house of God and central business district, go to shilo and do your perfect research. Some fooooooools will travel several kilometres to go and donate jeeps as a seeds from stolen treasury, meanwhile, they left thousands of orphanage home before reaching
S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ called shilo bussiness area, infact, I'm short of words. I'm waiting for the fools that will quote against this truth in the name of christian! Use your brain for the purpose God establish Iτ̅ for. I'm also a christian who love and care for helpless not a show off fraudstars, Ĩ̷̊ emulate TB. Josua in this area. I'm not justifying him anyway! If oyedepo ȋ̝̊̅§ a true man of God, let ♍γ̲̣̣̥ post be iden, arest ♍γ̲̣̣̥ case.
You are not justifyng T.B Joshua?? I don't understand what you mean.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Raymonbell(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

just as expected......say the truth and it shall set u free.....u too don open one shop as church abi?

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by peedeeasobie(m): 8:22am On Aug 11, 2013
What a nation! A nation where pple talk before thinking. A nation of haters. What is Bishop Oyedepo's fault in ds issue? So he shld start asking 100s of thousands of congregants how they got their money before they give it? Hypocrites! How many of u ask ur friends the source of a gift or money before receiving it? A prostitute broke alabaster box on the feet of Jesus, did Jesus ask her how she made the money? O ye "holy" pple that are trying to be holier than Jesus! The most offensive part is dat christians will joins unbelievers to attack the church! The bible said that the man that troubles his own house shall inherit the wind. Even in a family, if a child does sumtn wrong, the family tries not to take the matter outside but these "holier than thou" pple will be the first to attack and castigate anoda church. Yet they wonder why the moslems are slaughtering them like cows in the north. Watch the moslems, weneva there is a negative report against them, they rise with one voice and defend their own. Bible said "go and learn from the ant" and I tell u "go and learn from the moslems"!

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by anonimi: 8:30am On Aug 11, 2013
3ace: I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!

I thought the whole premise of worshiping these MoGs (christian, muslim, animist) is that they are God's representative on earth and as such are endowed with super human powers to see visions etc
Abi God nor talk sey im don sabi us even from when we bin dey inside our mama im womb?

Did I miss something?

If the man cannot see vision that the money being given in his church is from an ILLEGITIMATE source how can anone in his right sense believe such a person can see vision of a witch for example

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Dannylux: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2013
funny thread undecided
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Ekans: 8:38am On Aug 11, 2013
Our churches have really gone to the dogs.It all about how much money you donate which guarantees how much prayer you will get from the man of God.The painful part is that the so called men of God try so hard to justify the constant giving with little or no word about the redemption of ones soul.PHARISEES all but a few of them.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by blaqoracle: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2013
Stella_Bella: Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.
until nigerians rise up to the challange burning of these false pastors to death,there will never progress in our land.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by justyn4real(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2013
Provie: D bible said we shud honor d Lord wit our substance, & our suficiency from RIGHTEOUS labour. Until our churches bgin 2 raise serios questions about d source of d so called tithes, offerings & donations being pumped 2 dem, our society wont get beta.

#True talk#
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by peedeeasobie(m): 9:23am On Aug 11, 2013
I'm amazed and shocked at the ignorance of some christians. Some pple are asking why d church can't build free universities, schools, hospitals etc. I ask mine, why shld they? Jesus said " go and preach..". Our primary responsibility is not charity. We preach Jesus!
How many free universities did Jesus build? How many pple did he give scholarships? When Jesus did d triumphant entry, many pple put their clothes on d road for the donkey to ride upon. Wen the woman broke an expensive ointment on Jesus, why didn't he stop her and use d money for charity. Jesus had many pple who sponsored him financially and gave of their substances. (Luke 8:1-4). There was never a place he questioned a person abt the source of their wealth or rejected their offering- after all one of the givers is a prostitute.
Make no MISTAKES abt it, ur rants and insults will not and has never stopped the work.
Some pple are asking what the church does with millions! Go and find out how much it costs to preach on tv all over the world. Find out how much it costs to distribute books and tapes all over the world. Find out how much it costs to host crusades. Find out how much it costs to sponsor missionary works all over the world.
I have no problem with non-christians because it is the rat in d house dat told the rat outside "there is fish in d house".
I weep for christians who don't know how to defend their own. I weep for christians who join unbelievers to castigate the church. I weep for christians! How many of u critics have ever spent time to pray for pastors genuinely (not prayer of hate).
How did we get to ds point? Where is d love? When did we start rejoicing in d fall of a fellow broda?
Who appointed us to call a pastor dat mentions and believes in d Name of Jesus "fake" just because we don't believe in their modus operandi?
One day the disciples told Jesus dat they saw a man casting out devils in his Name and they stopped him but Jesus replied and said don't stop him, he that is not building with us is scattering and no man who cast out devils in my name dat will speak lightly of me.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by donbuchi1(m): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2013
Degis:

When your Catholic Church was indicted in the Bank PHB scandal, you slowpokes kept quiet. Do I need to blame you?.. Your Mother did not tell you how to comport yourself in a public forum
How did you father teach you to comport urself? Keep mute or look away when things go wrong? Or bring up other churches not mentioned to divert attention.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by kilmix: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2013
Section 427 of the Nigeria Criminal Code. I Quote

"Receiving Property Stolen or Fraudulently Obtained and like Offences

427.         Any person who receives anything which has been obtained by means of any act constituting a felony or misdemeanour, or by means of any act done at a place not in Nigeria, which if it had been done in Nigeria would have constituted a felony or misdemeanour, and which is an offence under the laws in force in the place where it was done, knowing the same to have been so obtained, is guilty of a felony.

If the offence by means of which the thing was obtained is a felony, the offender is liable to imprisonment for fourteen years, except in the case in which the thing so obtained was postal matter, or any chattel, money or valuable security contained therein, in which case the offender is liable to imprisonment for life."

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by SirRil(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2013
luvable sam:

Hell No,don't bring the Catholic Church into ur arguments. Where did he mention that he was Catholic?U shld be thankful to the churches of then(Catholic et al) for the Primary education your Grand Father got n The Secondary Education your Father got(free of charge). While u are at it,remember not shout at God when u pray to him,he is not Deaf. He is a friend not a foe.
God bless you! God is not deaf. He listens to the prayers of every sincere caller.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by phildon: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2013
manjiggy:
Are you here to complicate the issue or what
Nope! Just a kandid observation.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by 3ace(m): 9:38am On Aug 11, 2013
anonimi:

I thought the whole premise of worshiping these MoGs (christian, muslim, animist) is that they are God's representative on earth and as such are endowed with super human powers to see visions etc
Abi God nor talk sey im don sabi us even from when we bin dey inside our mama im womb?

Did I miss something?

If the man cannot see vision that the money being given in his church is from an ILLEGITIMATE source how can anone in his right sense believe such a person can see vision of a witch for example
My brother, there's is a difference between a Pastor and a Prophet. Most men of God are Pastors. Besides, the way Holy Spirit works sometimes is mysterious.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Bright2(m): 9:39am On Aug 11, 2013
Money dey make big man mumu oo! How can i go to a church to buy blessing while am the one blessing people? & he doesn't know that dispersing this money with remote from that account to others will keep traces! Well the church is not guilty of charge.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ibrokola(m): 9:46am On Aug 11, 2013
dridowu: Touch not my anointed (Bishop Oyedepo)

You haven't can anything! When God starts to TOUCH him 4 manipulation, you'll know!

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ibrokola(m): 9:48am On Aug 11, 2013
undecidedAll these fake pastors sha! Why can't they be like TBJ who encourages member to give the needy before the church?

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ADEFUNMITE(f): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2013
What are u even saying?
peedeeasobie: I'm amazed and shocked at the ignorance of some christians. Some pple are asking why d church can't build free universities, schools, hospitals etc. I ask mine, why shld they? Jesus said " go and preach..". Our primary responsibility is not charity. We preach Jesus!
How many free universities did Jesus build? How many pple did he give scholarships? When Jesus did d triumphant entry, many pple put their clothes on d road for the donkey to ride upon. Wen the woman broke an expensive ointment on Jesus, why didn't he stop her and use d money for charity. Jesus had many pple who sponsored him financially and gave of their substances. (Luke 8:1-4). There was never a place he questioned a person abt the source of their wealth or rejected their offering- after all one of the givers is a prostitute.
Make no MISTAKES abt it, ur rants and insults will not and has never stopped the work.
Some pple are asking what the church does with millions! Go and find out how much it costs to preach on tv all over the world. Find out how much it costs to distribute books and tapes all over the world. Find out how much it costs to host crusades. Find out how much it costs to sponsor missionary works all over the world.
I have no problem with non-christians because it is the rat in d house dat told the rat outside "there is fish in d house".
I weep for christians who don't know how to defend their own. I weep for christians who join unbelievers to castigate the church. I weep for christians! How many of u critics have ever spent time to pray for pastors genuinely (not prayer of hate).
How did we get to ds point? Where is d love? When did we start rejoicing in d fall of a fellow broda?
Who appointed us to call a pastor dat mentions and believes in d Name of Jesus "fake" just because we don't believe in their modus operandi?
One day the disciples told Jesus dat they saw a man casting out devils in his Name and they stopped him but Jesus replied and said don't stop him, he that is not building with us is scattering and no man who cast out devils in my name dat will speak lightly of me.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:04am On Aug 11, 2013
dvdon: To all the oyedepos critics, honestly speaking if u were in oyedepos shoes, wat would u ve done?

Set up a procedure to probe any gifts of more than 200,000.00 Naira. Closely review such gifts especially if the person is connected to the government, or has a job that shouldn't be generating that amount of income.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:05am On Aug 11, 2013
Standing5: You would av made a valid point if Winners Ota was one of the below-1000-members-a-week churches, go ask very well, there are well acomplished people(Doctors, rtd army Generals and more like that) who clean toilets and sweep.

And such people just get up and throw out 5 million naira at the drop of a hat.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:09am On Aug 11, 2013
Godsate:

Do you know how he donate the money. You don't need truck a to carry 11 Million naira. Are you saying that the church should be tracing the source of every kobo that comes in ?

Yes they should trace the source of every kobo that comes in. Especially if more than 500,000,000 kobo comes in all at once. It isn't hard or impossible in these modern times.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Kingsman008(m): 10:16am On Aug 11, 2013
Winner chapel even when u are a thief u are also a winner, church of the later days, filled with fake pastors, all na winners

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by sojnaija(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2013
[b]I work in the Accounts Department of a moderate size RCCG church in Gbagada, Lagos... the total tithes CHEQUES received just last week 4/8/2013 was N=17,400,000 (N=17.4 million naira. two (2) of the cheques were value N=8.1 million naira each.
There are people whose businesses yield a profit of N=10million monthly and therefore can afford to N=1 million as tithe.
I know some of our members who pay upfront tithe of N=12million at the begining of the year, all they do later is pay up the shortfall as the year roll.
My point is that many people make N=150 million LEGITIMATELY every month/Year in Nigeria.(some of them are Christians, some Moslems, and some are pagans and Atheists).
The Colonel may choose to pay tithe to Winners Chapel, just like He may choose to donate it to anoda church or mosque or shrine or charity or orphanage.. The criminal here (as claimed by the martial court) is the Colonel, NOT the recipient (church). We can make noise only IF the church is ordered to make a refund and they refuse.[/b]

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2013
Glorified_Tunde:

IGNORANCE! You simply don't know. When winners seats with their budget, "ITS LIKE SITTING FOR NATIONAL BUDGET"...."I Don't believe its just human offerings we have here anymore"...."Havard School of Business cannot explain the divine happenings in this Church" ... Words of the Bishop

Have you seen their budget proposals or is it all hidden to allow the man o buy jets?
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by thehomer: 10:27am On Aug 11, 2013
Olumikedos: this Army officer was exposed simply because he paid tithe wrongly. BISHOP DAVID OLANIYI OYEDEPO is a true Man of God. This is a lesson to everyone who loot treasure and pay tithe. STOP or else you will be exposed!

He was exposed during his trial. The church was exposed in the same trial. The church didn't report the man.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Reasons Ministerial List Is Delayed - Tribune / Questions Begging For Answers Over Buhari’s Relocation Of Villa Chapel, Mosque / Helicopter Delivers Supplies To Fulani Herdsmen In Delta Desert — Lawmaker, Ivew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.