Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,971 members, 7,821,403 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (21742 Views)

You'll Never Know True Fear Until You Experience Sleep Paralysis. / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience / Sleep Paralysis: Yoruba Calls It 'orinrin'. It Is Not A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2013
adwem2003: I hope your spirit won't refuse to go back to your body someday considering the frequency this thing is happening to you. You av to really pray. TB Joshua is still @ synagogue. wink
its not frequent as such. I guess its happened to me again yesterday probably because i've been thinking bout it cos the second to the last episode was scary, and i've been worried maybe dat why it happened so quickly again
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by DeevaB: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Is it psychological? Is it spiritual? Is it both?... I don't know. Buh prayer is the key!
Used to experience it before and was kinda scared of sleeping then. And it happens to me most times when am sleeping face up, i'd wake up and be numb could clearly hear the voices of people around me and hope someone would touch me to jerk me back to life. oooooh! The first time it happened i tot i was dead!
Didn't really pray about it per se, it just stopped buh snce then u'd never see me sleeping face up.
it' been years since it has happened tu me again. What re you going through nau?, something must be really taking toll on you.
I pray God the physician will touch you & perfect evrything concerning you & Say confessions before sleeping
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by WhoDeyThere(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2013
johnwizey: Death don dey call u b dat o bro
u shouldn't have say such thing, if u don have reasonable advice why not shut up ur gut. no hard feeling tho.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by benzion72(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2013
The phenomenon is a spiritual one, I do experience it when I am at low ebb in my spiritual life, low in prayer and reading of God word also when I fall into disobedience. Take it or leave it Man is essentially a spirit with a soul and leave in a body. This is a spiritual world and wicked spirit are ready to stuff out life out of ignorant people. If you are a christian accept Jesus as Lord and saviour and make sure you read Bible and pray to build up your spiritual man. No devil can oppress you when you do.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 14, 2013
iceblue:

Who is this jerk??
perfect question
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 14, 2013
Dreal1247: THIS IS WITCHCRAFT OPPRESSION. IF YOU ARE OBSERVANT ENOUGH, YOU WILL OBSERVE THAT AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE, ALL GOOD THINGS THAT ARE LINED UP FOR YOU WILL SUDDENLY SCATTER FOR NO JUST REASON. THOSE THAT PROMISED TO HELP YOU SUDDENLY START DISAPPOINTED YOU. IT IS A MEDIUM THROUGH WHICH ANCESTRAL POWERS MANIPULATE PEOPLE'S VIRTUES WITH WITCHCRAFT POWERS.
SOLUTION: EMBARK ON DELIVERANCE PROGRAMME WITH VIOLENT PRAYERS. IF NOT THOROUGHLY DEALT WITH, IT MIGHT BE DIFFICULT FOR THE VICTIM TO LEAD A FULFILLED OR PRODUCTIVE LIFE. EVEN THE WEAK TO TAKE A STEP THAT WILL HELP HIM IS ALWAYS DIFFICULT.
hell NO!! Wtf?!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Archildao: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2013
Do not believe in any scientific jargon.This is simply SPIRITUAL ATTACK!what of a sitiuation were everyone in a family suffers from such almost at the same time?The only way you can get help is to simply open your eyes and seek spiritual help.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 14, 2013
booqee: yes my mum too said the same thing, but the diff is she said wall gecko not lizard tho. I've also heard it from other pple too

Oh! my bad... I actually mean wall gecko("omo onile" in Yoruba)...

Bukky, now that you know you are not alone in this, you have to calm down. Don't dwell too much on what some folks here are saying about it being spiritual. Just look at it as another nature's obscure occurrence. Then pray about it. Tell God how it makes you feel and why you don't want to experience it anymore. I've also prayed about mine and I've faith that God has answered.

Pele dear! I know how you feel sad

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by joe4christ(m): 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
If you dont wanna experience it, then stop sleeping with your back on your bed and your face facing upward (as if staring at activities going on in the heavenlies)
then you'll be good.
Shikena!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by docxdee(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ok this is how it actually feels, i'm ready to wake up, but i feel something holding me down, inwardly i'm awake, i can hear every sound around me perfectly, but i'm unable to wake up, my eyes wouldn't open, my body would refuse to move, it'll just feel like its heavy. To someone looking at me, i may be fast asleep, but i'm actually awake, unable to stand up, move any part of my body or even open my eyes, but i'm actually conscious of my surrounding.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by docxdee(m): 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ok this is how it actually feels, i'm ready to wake up, but i feel something holding me down, inwardly i'm awake, i can hear every sound around me perfectly, but i'm unable to wake up, my eyes wouldn't open, my body would refuse to move, it'll just feel like its heavy. To someone looking at me, i may be fast asleep, but i'm actually awake, unable to stand up, move any part of my body or even open my eyes, but i'm actually conscious of my surrounding.
Itz a form of hallucination probably physiological called hypnopompic hallucination and everybody experiences it occasionally but it could be a problem if itz rili frequent..so u know itz not some supernatural force pressin you down
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by DeevaB: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
My dear, whether spiritual or not.
Say this confessions day by day & believe it.
My Heavenly father, I thank you for the authority in the Name of Jesus, which you've given unto me. I believe when i demand anything(healing... What you want)(1 peter 2:24) in the Name of Jesus, He'll do it.
Thank you for the privilege of asking whatever I desire in the Name of Jesus and I believe that when I ask you hear me.
I express my faith in the Name of Jesus against everything that is contrary to your will for my Life
My spirit, soul and Body are in oneness, I declare that no part of me is out of control in Jesus Name. AMEN!
You're 've been made whole Dear, make sure to share your testimony with us.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Jymes: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
Believe it or not, its totally spiritual and its aimed at pulling down one's destiny, ie being stangnant and not achieveing GOD's puurpose for one's life. Its a foundational thing, where one was born I mean father/mother's family,or one was givn birth 2. If you are a strong christian and you have been praying about it. First of all let your spiritman/woman be active with prayer. And aTtack your foundation with prayer. It is well with you.and always nullify every power pressing down your glory. And let holy ghost fire be last thing you'd say till u sleep off.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Image123(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
booqee: its not frequent as such. I guess its happened to me again yesterday probably because i've been thinking bout it cos the second to the last episode was scary, and i've been worried maybe dat why it happened so quickly again
You can't afford to continue allowing satanic forces to harass you anytime they feel like. For me, even if i sleep facing hell fire, no sleep paralysis. They cannot and would not want to see trouble. There are many drugs and prescriptions at the pharmacy, but nothing's as sure as using the all powerful and expensively free name of Jesus. Even if the worst sinner calls on that name, there is hope. But it works best when you know the man that bears the name. Simply call Jesus next time, then pray some kain violent prayer, they go pack out.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by whiteroses(f): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2013
IT IS CALLED SLEEP PARALYSIS AND THEY ARE A SIDE EFFECT OF DEMONS IN YOUR ROOM. EVERYONE EXPERIENCE THIS ESPECIALLY AMERICANS AND BRITISH PEOPLE DUE TO THEIR OLD HAUNTED VICTORIAN HOUSES.
They are harmless but if you are African and they want to torment you, you know you should pray of course.
I can tell the difference between an attack and the environment ones. Firstly, there are demons everywhere if you ask God to open your spiritual eyes you will beg him to shut it! The attack ones that happened to me last, I heared someone calling me and i stood up the something inside said its a vision not life so i said I better wake up and guess what I couldn't, I felt an energy like wind resting on my body trying to stop me from getting up. Then my mouth said in weak tone BLOOD OF JESUS then the energy leaves, the I dozed off then the energy came back and so on and so forth. The most interesting part is that mine goes and come and once I place my BIBLE on my chest it never returns till i wake up by my alarm. Eyin omo iya mi ewu n be. Live your life as you wish but always remember God

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Hemical: 6:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
I
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Seriously il advise you to pray about it..Well me myself,i had never experienced it in my life until 2months Ago this year, it was scary when i woke up,i was really frightened,like whats d meaning of this,why? So i did some google researching nd i got answers ranging from the medical interupted sleep/stress definition hypothesis and believe in spirits haunting u nd that,moreover that period i was going through a kind of crisis due to s0mething i did..Nd when this paralysis happens it would last for exactly 10mins or so,nd i wudnt b able to do anything til that time elapses,il b struggling to get up.Happened abt 5times nd the last time it did ,i just decided to do it different..I just relaxed,didnt fight nor struggle,nd i prayed a simple prayer "lord Jesus with u n0thing z imposible,plz intervene nd let it b known that u alone saveth.." it was like magic,my eyes opened at that instance,i came alive,i didnt have to wait the normal 10minutes routine! I was in disbelief though..Nd ever since then, it has nvr happened! And it made me believe that even if it was medically related or a haunted place,that God answers prayers
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by ideology(m): 7:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
any name you would want to give it. doesn't matter, many people have died while struggling to wake up, note if you mention the name of Jesus, ot will gain strength and wake up or you will just feel the weight lifted, that means its spiritually connected, pray before you sleep, it only happens to me when am spiritually low, speak in tongues nothing go do you, that means get born again,
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by ideology(m): 7:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
pls don't pay anyone for solution, the solution is get born again, and build your spiritual life, make faith declarations backed with Gods word, you are seated in heavenly places far above principalities and powers, take charge in the spirit, nothing will happen to you, rebuke all devices of evil in Jesus name,
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by toygod2: 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:36pm On Aug 14, 2013
booqee: [b]it started happening to me since last year. Ok i'm sleeping, and like a normal person i'm ready to wake up, u know it comes from within whether wilfully or not, then snap! ur body soul and spirit is awake. Right?? But the case is different with me. Though it only occurs once in a while, i can count the times i've had the experience, the latest been yesterday. Ok this is how it actually feels, i'm ready to wake up, but i feel something holding me down, inwardly i'm awake, i can hear every sound around me perfectly, but i'm unable to wake up, my eyes wouldn't open, my body would refuse to move, it'll just feel like its heavy. To someone looking at me, i may be fast asleep, but i'm actually awake, unable to stand up, move any part of my body or even open my eyes, but i'm actually conscious of my surrounding.

The first time i had it, i think i just fell asleep again after the feeling, the second and third time too was the same. The fourth time or so, i had it, i struggled within myself so hard to fight this stuff, and i was successful.

I really did struggle within me, psychologically, and i felt it when i woke up, i felt sort of drained. I didn't like the feeling.

The last time i had it i just stayed like dat, until i eventually opened my eyes after several minutes. That doesn't feel cool either.

Ok i guess i'm starting to sound like a weirdo but trust me its d plain fact.

Pls advice, what dyu think is wrong with me and wat can i do to stop it.

I really do hate this experience.

Thanks.
[/b]
Mmhh., My friend there is nothing wrong with u. But u need to know this: Man comprises- spirit, soul and body, and that struggle u experienced is ur spirit fully awake trying hard to contact ur rebellious body which was unwilling to respond to the urgency.If ur spirit is ever going to dictate what the body should do, ur spirit must be well fed(energised ) to take its rightful place. THE FOOD OF ur spirit is the WORD of its creator. Spend time to meditate on those words in the bible and increase ur communication with ur MAKER; Hope u are born again? If u need more lecture on this call me for a free christian literature on it: titled "the spiriual man" by the author Watchman Nee. 08062332845
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by maki(f): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Incubus and suckubus check d dictionary for the meaning sad its very bad....
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by nelklyn(m): 2:35am On Aug 15, 2013
maki: Incubus and suckubus check d dictionary for the meaning sad its very bad....
You definitely right....the male and the female, did research on them after my experiences.
I had my several episodes during my final year in higher institution when I decided to serve God. It didn't matter whether I slept facing up or side ways, it always happened in the dark and the sign was always this strong and unusual desire to sleep. These things prey on the spiritually weak. The first night it happened to me, I was conscious and could hear the tap in my bathroom gushing, wanted getting up to turn it off but couldn't get up. The feeling of a very strong and heavy being was upon me then all of a sudden, I started speaking in tongue, i'm not trying to go all christain on you but that's the truth. Barely 30 seconds I was up on my feet. Then I had several more episodes, that was when I shared my experience with a muslim friend of mine and he told me he experiences such episodes sometimes and that his was worse than mine because in the morning he always ended up with scars from sharp finger nails and he showed me some of his scars which were yet to heal. I dug into it a bit and came up with incubus and succubus. I later realized that if I kept the lights ON through the night it didn't occur so i started sleeping with my lights ON, you can imagine a grown man like me scared of the dark...lol. Well I always made sure that I kept a form of light in my room even when there's no power supply. But it seems these things adopt because I came back from exams one evening around 4 or 5pm and had to sleep a little because usually I loved reading TDB during my exams. 10 to 15 minutes into my sleep it happened again, the heavy unseen being was upon me but well, that day was the last, because I was provoked in the spirit as I managed to wake. I walked to my friends room got his annointing oil and said some violent prayers and annointed my room and that was the end.
I know most people don't believe in spirituality but the truth is there are evil beings hovering around seeking whom to torment. If you've spent some time in the north you might have seen different possessed children that can throw down a fully grown man when their oppression starts. PRAYER is the only answer.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by haibe(m): 6:58am On Aug 15, 2013
Archildao: Do not believe in any scientific jargon.This is simply SPIRITUAL ATTACK!what of a sitiuation were everyone in a family suffers from such almost at the same time?The only way you can get help is to simply open your eyes and seek spiritual help.

C'mon sleep paralysis is normal, only that the wicked ones can attack you in the process, it doesn't mean every sleep paralysis is a spiritual attack, so those guys in america and the rest of the world who experience sleep paralysis are also being oppressed by witches and wizard?? I don't think so, i know they also have their wiches but definitely not like ours in africa.

Its nothing spiritual but the enemy can take advantage and make it a spiritual issue, simple.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by haibe(m): 7:15am On Aug 15, 2013
ideology: any name you would want to give it. doesn't matter, many people have died while struggling to wake up, note if you mention the name of Jesus, ot will gain strength and wake up or you will just feel the weight lifted, that means its spiritually connected, pray before you sleep, it only happens to me when am spiritually low, speak in tongues nothing go do you, that means get born again,

It doesn't necessarily mean it's a spirituall connected, the name of Jesus works for everything, whether spiritual or not, it helps when you are ill, in your career, and everything about you, sleep paralysis is simply a medical situation but the name of Jesus still does relief one from medical illness or disorder.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38am On Aug 15, 2013
booqee:

its not frequent as such. I guess its happened to me again yesterday probably because i've been thinking bout it cos the second to the last episode was scary, and i've been worried maybe dat why it happened so quickly again

Check this thread for How to Stop it - Treatment - Help - Causes.

https://www.nairaland.com/1363340/sleep-paralysis-how-stop-it
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by FOLLEY20(m): 7:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Virus777: Some people believe it's a paranormal activity, the effect of an evil force (witch, evil spirit) pressing down on you. Some have died while struggling against the force. Medical science calls it sleep paralysis. It happens mostly when you sleep facing up. If it persists, learn to sleep on your sides or on your belly.
In addition to above measures, pls go for deliverance in any Bible believing church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rachel The Piper Foundation Reaches Out To The Poor / Cancer-Causing Substance In School Uniforms From China: SON Raises Alarm / Burial Of Doctor Who Died Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.