Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (21734 Views)

You'll Never Know True Fear Until You Experience Sleep Paralysis. / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience / Sleep Paralysis: Yoruba Calls It 'orinrin'. It Is Not A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by delpee(f): 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
It was a problem when I was young. Sunday school message of Jesus being an ever present helper was my saving grace. I just summon enough strength/conciousness to focus on the name even when I can't say it out. It always worked for me!

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Faroqk(m): 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
booqee: i don't smoke or drink. Jeez!.....i just cant believe some nairalanders! angry
Sincerely, some people are just too backward in the way they talk. Had we not been human beings, and with ability to make deductions, I think most of us would have ended up with bullets in our skulls.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
@ Everyone saying it is a spiritual attachk - abeg make una park go siddon. Spiritual ko spiritual ni
After, una go say dem no give una job say una be graduate. After all the education, una still refuse to be educated.
There is nothing spiritual about it. Your body is exhausted PERIOD. It happens to a lot of people. Keep hydrated and keep your body in good shape, and you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by easik: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Don't be afraid, this could also be something spiritual, And by that I don't mean a spiritual attack. You may have a gift that's just starting to manifest. In my case, I would see visions while my whole body remains numb. You may want to seek a spiritual leader where you worship (if you worship). I started experiencing this years ago.

Hope that helps smiley
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by nenergy(m): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
My sister, there are 2 sides to a coin. Yes, it is sleep paralysis, but don't be too scientific about it. If you're a believer in God, pray about it. It has happened to me only 3 times ever and i was released when i shouted "JESUS" in my mind till i could shout it out loud. Pray before you sleep. Affliction shall not rise again... Amen!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by sholikay(m): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
booqee: [b]it started happening to me since last year. Ok i'm sleeping, and like a normal person i'm ready to wake up, u know it comes from within whether wilfully or not, then snap! ur body soul and spirit is awake. Right?? But the case is different with me. Though it only occurs once in a while, i can count the times i've had the experience, the latest been yesterday. Ok this is how it actually feels, i'm ready to wake up, but i feel something holding me down, inwardly i'm awake, i can hear every sound around me perfectly, but i'm unable to wake up, my eyes wouldn't open, my body would refuse to move, it'll just feel like its heavy. To someone looking at me, i may be fast asleep, but i'm actually awake, unable to stand up, move any part of my body or even open my eyes, but i'm actually conscious of my surrounding.

The first time i had it, i think i just fell asleep again after the feeling, the second and third time too was the same. The fourth time or so, i had it, i struggled within myself so hard to fight this stuff, and i was successful.

I really did struggle within me, psychologically, and i felt it when i woke up, i felt sort of drained. I didn't like the feeling.

The last time i had it i just stayed like dat, until i eventually opened my eyes after several minutes. That doesn't feel cool either.

Ok i guess i'm starting to sound like a weirdo but trust me its d plain fact.

Pls advice, what dyu think is wrong with me and wat can i do to stop it.

I really do hate this experience.

Thanks.
[/b]
milady, i do experience dis too at night,weneva i had a long sleep during d day.(mine wuld just occur suddenly, after closing my eyes to sleep at nyt and i would feel i'm stil awake,i would open my eyes,hear sounds,but would be struggling to get up and also av difficulty in my breathing.wen it first started i went to my church pastor,and he gave me a bible verse psalm 27 to read at nyt b4 going to bed,telling me its spiritual and lo weneva i read dis bible verse and pray i dont experience it,but i'm interested in getting a total cure if dere is any,kus i do tot its a spiritual attack too)..
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
easik: Don't be afraid, this could also be something spiritual. You may want to seek a spiritual leader where you worship (if you worship). I started experiencing this years ago, but came to find out it was something far different from sleep paralysis.

Hope that helps smiley

I swear, if i see this spiritual answer again, i go vex ooo
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by takeprofit: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lagusta:

Oh, sorry dear, okay, here are a few tips...

1) dont eat a heavy meal before sleeping

2) dont sleep in a cold environment

3) sleep on your side

4) avoid stress and extreme fatigue before you sleep, try to relax.....

dont worry, everything will be fine

plus, set a loud alarm clock to wake u up.
consider doing some exercise and taking some fruits
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 10:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
trolling: the question is who is projecting your "spirit" into the astral realm and where is he taking you to? when you say the brain, who impacts and influences the "members" in your brain

I think I get where ur driving at but truth is, I try to find scientific explanation to things I do not ordinarily understand in life and I always do get an answer and that keeps me calm. I will be bothered if I experience something that can't be scientifically explained then and then alone I begin to sick spiritual solution.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by easik: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
A-town:

I swear, if i see this spiritual answer again, i go vex ooo

lol vex if u feel now. Sincerely though. I didn't say that to be ignorant. I am well educated and know for a fact that sleep paralysis is real and more common that most people think. But I was simply giving a different option since my guy already diagnosed himself with sleep paralysis. I did the same until I started experiencing something much more out of body. I could be wrong, but I'm just giving a different perspective.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by andyanders: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Virus777: Some people believe it's a paranormal activity, the effect of an evil force (witch, evil spirit) pressing down on you. Some have died while struggling against the force. Medical science calls it sleep paralysis. It happens mostly when you sleep facing up. If it persists, learn to sleep on your sides or on your belly.

You are right. It is a spiritual thing and he needs to go for deliverance cus it could trigger death.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by agohavivi(f): 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
I believe it's a spiritual issue. We needs to be prayerful.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
It makes ya'll tagging spiritual connotation to this sound stewpid and come across as less educated. U all sounding like ur living in those days malaria killed millions of ppl. Pls snap from this religious bullll shittt and wake up to the real world its annoying. Sorry for calling ya'll stewpid tho
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
easik:

lol vex if u feel now. Sincerely though. I didn't say that to be ignorant. I am well educated and know for a fact that sleep paralysis is real and more common that most people think. But I was simply giving a different option since my guy already diagnosed himself with sleep paralysis. I did the same until I started experiencing something much more out of body. I could be wrong, but I'm just giving a different perspective.

I bn wan vex but you calmed me down. E remain small ooo.. grin
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Dreal1247: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
THIS IS WITCHCRAFT OPPRESSION. IF YOU ARE OBSERVANT ENOUGH, YOU WILL OBSERVE THAT AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE, ALL GOOD THINGS THAT ARE LINED UP FOR YOU WILL SUDDENLY SCATTER FOR NO JUST REASON. THOSE THAT PROMISED TO HELP YOU SUDDENLY START DISAPPOINTED YOU. IT IS A MEDIUM THROUGH WHICH ANCESTRAL POWERS MANIPULATE PEOPLE'S VIRTUES WITH WITCHCRAFT POWERS.
SOLUTION: EMBARK ON DELIVERANCE PROGRAMME WITH VIOLENT PRAYERS. IF NOT THOROUGHLY DEALT WITH, IT MIGHT BE DIFFICULT FOR THE VICTIM TO LEAD A FULFILLED OR PRODUCTIVE LIFE. EVEN THE WEAK TO TAKE A STEP THAT WILL HELP HIM IS ALWAYS DIFFICULT. AT TIMES THE THINGS THAT WILL NOT BE BENEFICIAL TO HIS LIFE ARE THE THINGS THAT HE DELIGHTS IN DOING.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Image123(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
oh no, see the way many people are being harrased by satanic agents at will. Even a monkey would overcome simply by calling on Jesus, how much more proud pitiful humans for whom Christ died.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by DECOtech(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
Virus777: It happens mostly when you sleep facing up. If it persists, learn to sleep on your sides or on your belly.
It happens to me while sleeping in any position.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
pimp_lucious :

I think I get where ur driving at but truth is, I try to find scientific explanation to things I do not ordinarily understand in life and I always do get an answer and that keeps me calm. I will be bothered if I experience something that can't be scientifically explained then and then alone I begin to sick spiritual solution.
you dont need any so-called sciece,i can give u biblical examples of it,theres nothing new under the sun,some things science so-called cant explain it, how would science know the mysteries of the spiritual realm...i guess u might be an atheist
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by everyday: 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
It has happened to me too.Some people when they experience it will call it witch hunting
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by ultimatebunmi1(f): 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
booqee: i don't smoke or drink. Jeez!.....i just cant believe some nairalanders! angry
plz check up d celling where u lay ur head if there is no spider web there,this has happen to me twice and I discover this is the course of it,plz work on this thank u and be prayerful.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
ultimatebunmi1: plz check up d celling where u lay ur head if there is no spider web there,this has happen to me twice and I discover this is the course of it,plz work on this thank u and be prayerful.
what happens when someone is in a web,once you realize then you get the picture, there's a reason why spiderman is aired on tv and in the comics
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by omotayokay: 11:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
@OP, accept Jesus! Sleep 80% cause of sleep paralysis is spiritual hence you need the name that is above all name JESUS CHRIST to overcome it! Try this out, when ever you are gon through the attack, say the name like: blood of Jesus christ, in the name of Jesus Christ, etc...and see whats up....I bet you the ghost, demon, witch will bow and run away!!! Hail Jesus

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
trolling: you dont need any so-called sciece,i can give u biblical examples of it,theres nothing new under the sun,some things science so-called cant explain it, how would science know the mysteries of the spiritual real...i guess u might be an atheist

Sorry to disappoint u I'm not an atheist and I sure do not see any reason spiritual solution should be the first thing that comes to mind when I'm confronted with something I don't understand. We live in a logical world. All the spiritual assertion regarding this issue is just illogical. If u believe 1 + 1 can only equals 2 without having to be spiritual about it then u shld always seek for logical solution to things first. Not sure if u get what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 11:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
omotayokay: @OP, accept Jesus! Sleep 80% cause of sleep paralysis is spiritual hence you need the name that is above all name JESUS CHRIST to overcome it! Try this out, when ever you are gon through the attack, say the name like: blood of Jesus christ, in the name of Jesus Christ, etc...and see whats up....I bet you the ghost, demon, witch will bow and run away!!! Hail Jesus

SMH!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by sunkoye: 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
pimp_lucious :
Its nothing to worry about. I've witnessed this a number of times such that I can actually induce it if I want. At the initial stage I used to hear voices, very distinct voices. I once heard a voice during one of those episode says if not fr TB Joshua he would have killed me. That got me really distressed. But now sleep paralysis don't bug me no more.

U would come to understand that sleep paralysis is in tandem with OBE (Out of Body Experience) and basically harmless. It is like a first step in the process of experiencing OBE phenomenon, like the first door to a more spiritual experience.

When next u experience it just free urself, mind. If u do, at some point u will feel something trying to leave ur body, There is no mistaking that feeling it is a resounding feeling that cld get u scared. If u do get scared struggle within like ur struggling to stay awake. At this point, u will either wake up, or start the process of u trying to leave ur body.

Trust me it's natural for human to experience this and it is very harmless, too. Try it, free ur mind and come back to tell ur experience.

NB: it is also a way the brain try stopping the body from waking up b4 it.
OBE....u don't want to embark on such jony.....its very dangerous. U might neva come back d same!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 12:00am On Aug 14, 2013
sunkoye: OBE....u don't want to embark on such jony.....its very dangerous. U might neva come back d same!

I'm not an OBE expert, but this DSA (During Sleep Awareness) induce OBE is harmless n I've experienced it.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by xcllaxix(m): 12:29am On Aug 14, 2013
Try Doing aerobic sessions before bathing and going to sleep...
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2013
pimp_lucious :

Sorry to disappoint u I'm not an atheist and I sure do not see any reason spiritual solution should be the first thing that comes to mind when I'm confronted with something I don't understand. We live in a logical world. All the spiritual assertion regarding this issue is just illogical. If u believe 1 + 1 can only equals 2 without having to be spiritual about it then u shld always seek for logical solution to things first. Not sure if u get what I'm saying
i get what you are saying,you say we live in logical world. now using your logic, where does those voices come from when you are embark on astral projection? explain how you can feel and hear wind/air but you cant see it, what was it that was trying to kill you like you stated when you ran to your t.b joshua if you don't believe in spiritual things, using your logical mind explain to me logically when you astral project,i have more questions for your logical mind in regards to the spiritual realm, i believe science and logic should answer those questions cheesy
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Agrika: 12:33am On Aug 14, 2013
Sadly...this is more spiritual than our scientists could ever admit...mine started as far back as 2007...it was so bizarre,...i have long cultivated the habit of waking up by 11pm and reading up to 3am...so i usually sleep around 3.30 am, now these "attacks" usually take place around this time, it was as if something was waiting for me to lie on the bed so that it could "prounce" me,..... It usually begins with a sound of a strong wind violently blowing in my ear, then followed by a sensation of being "dragged" out of ur body....most times i could be uttering "blood of Jesus!" holy ghost fire etc in my mind....the one that really sent the message home that this was not ordinary was the day i was sleep "paralysing" and i could swear by my grandfather's grave that someone or something was lying on top of me...i later slept and i dreamt i saw long dark fingers at the edge of my bed....and the worst thing of all was i came from a family who dont believe in the existense of "supernatural beings"...being staunch catholics they were only limited to thier hail marys and all that..failing to realise the power that lies within those prayers, if prayed in earnest and with purpose.....Sometimes i could stay upto an hour in bed, to observers i may look asleep but deep within me i was struggling to wake up, it got to an extent that i could wake up at night and become hysterical, shouting at no one in particular....to cut the over-long story short...i took praying the rosary and also prayed and read the Psalms at midnight, and the whole thing ceased, the last time such type of experience "nearly" occured again was last month, but i "commanded" it to stop #Nwa Jesus Tinz lol!# ....mind you i took up that iniative on my own, my parents were still doubtful about the existence of supernatural beings...until a family member was delivered from the marine and serpent kingdom...live in front of my Dad, he saw a young 18 year old girl speaking in an authoritative grand male voice...nobody tell am make him believe by force.....so my dear carry prayer pursue that ur paralysis, speak to your situation!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Ama28(f): 12:41am On Aug 14, 2013
I lost what I typed before, this android! This is a sleep disorder and I am giving you quick and easy ways to pull through but professionally you will need to see a sleep therapist if you are not in Nigeria or a psychotherapist if you are home.

Sleep disorder varies due to different degrees of sleep and how much our brain was able to shut down during the process. In REM sleep that the dog shares with some insomniac, waking up is quiet fast than in deeper phase of sleep.

First try and study your schedule before sleeping eg, from 6pm have someone take not of your activites till you sleep off, do it for days. Compare note of the days you had trauma and the day you didn't, change the activities of the day you had it to the days you didn't!

Secondly remember that what makes the experience discomforting is the numb experience and that time of helplessness right? When you notice that your in the trauma, keep your mind busy by thinking positively, think of something like your best holiday, good old times, if married then happy times of "I do". This will keep your brain active, reduce your anxiety to the minimal and wake up your brain.

If you are religious please start your morning prayers but avoid repetitive words, slow or unexciting memory because it dulls the brain and puts it to sleep!

Please you will need a psychotherapist to walk you through. I hope I was able to help.
Dear Op, this issue is psychological and not spiritual. Don't let people scare you, you are very healthy, alert and alive!
Thumb up for sharing
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2013
Agrika: Sadly...this is more spiritual than our scientists could ever admit...mine started as far back as 2007...it was so bizarre,...i have long cultivated the habit of waking up by 11pm and reading up to 3am...so i usually sleep around 3.30 am, now these "attacks" usually take place around this time, it was as if something was waiting for me to lie on the bed so that it could "prounce" me,..... It usually begins with a sound of a strong wind violently blowing in my ear, then followed by a sensation of being "dragged" out of ur body....most times i could be uttering "blood of Jesus!" holy ghost fire etc in my mind....the one that really sent the message home that this was not ordinary was the day i was sleep "paralysing" and i could swear by my grandfather's grave that someone or something was lying on top of me...i later slept and i dreamt i saw long dark fingers at the edge of my bed....and the worst thing of all was i came from a family who dont believe in the existense of "supernatural beings"...being staunch catholics they were only limited to thier hail marys and all that..failing to realise the power that lies within those prayers, if prayed in earnest and with purpose.....Sometimes i could stay upto an hour in bed, to observers i may look asleep but deep within me i was struggling to wake up, it got to an extent that i could wake up at night and become hysterical, shouting at no one in particular....to cut the over-long story short...i took praying the rosary and also prayed and read the Psalms at midnight, and the whole thing ceased, the last time such type of experience "nearly" occured again was last month, but i "commanded" it to stop #Nwa Jesus Tinz lol!# ....mind you i took up that iniative on my own, my parents were still doubtful about the existence of supernatural beings...until a family member was delivered from the marine and serpent kingdom...live in front of my Dad, he saw a young 18 year old girl speaking in an authoritative grand male voice...nobody tell am make him believe by force.....so my dear carry prayer pursue that ur paralysis, speak to your situation!
tell me more about this water and marine kingdom and how did your dad see a girl in front of him and explain the male voice...
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 14, 2013
booqee: hmm yes.....i was actually facing up on all occasions when i had it. but its not all d time i sleep facing up dat it happens to me. Hmmm.....i refuse to believe its spiritual o. I dey fear
I remember that it used to be happen to me back in the day and I would struggle within my mind to just call on the name of God either Allah or Jesus and it would work,why,i have noidea but it did work for me and havent had it in a long time since I moved from where I used to stay back in the day,it basically stopped which led me to believe that it was spiritual.Dont wanna sound like one of em religious nut jobs but that was the only way I always got away from it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped. / Rachel The Piper Foundation Reaches Out To The Poor / A NURSE Version Of The Hippocratic Oath........nightingale Pledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.