Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! (21733 Views)

You'll Never Know True Fear Until You Experience Sleep Paralysis. / Sleeping Paralysis: Share Your Experience / Sleep Paralysis: Yoruba Calls It 'orinrin'. It Is Not A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by jeroton: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
I've experience it twice in 1992 it's weird experience & told my dad , he said its a spiritual threat he also tough me how to sleep. He said I should sleep by my side and stretch my leg he also said if sleep on my stomach I may have bad dream
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by ARareGem(f): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
Babes, it's been a long time. I'm sorry to read about this problem you're having. sad Please, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Koffiman: 9:03pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ok Op u don't have to be afraid of night time demons or sleep abductors as they are not the causes of sleep paralysis. Certain medications, drug abuse, sleeplessness, mental health problems such as stress and bipolar disorder esp b4 bedtime, sleeping flat on the back, leg cramps and narcolepsy contribute greatly to sleep paralysis. So check if u have one or two of these.
U can overcome this by avoiding stress, especially b4 bed time and being in good mental state. Try different sleeping positions and avoid sleeping flat on ur back. Certain anti- depressants cud also be helpful to induce sleep but on prescription by a doctor. Make sure u have up to six to seven hour sleep a night. Avoid drug abuse.

In addition certain food especially when taken at night help to induce sleep and cure sleep disorders. Diary foods esp warm milk contain sleep- inducing Tryptophan that helps u sleep very well. Other foods that contain tryptophan are honey, egg, nuts, seeds and bananas. Also, carbohydrate foods plus the above foods taken at night help to facilitate tryptophan action.
I hope this helps a lot.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Feranchek(m): 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
nne u're not d only it happened or is happening 2. i actually experienced same tin wen i was bout 15-17yrs of age. i wouldn't say itz normal though. in my own case, it got 2 a point daht I became soooo scared of going 2 bed. anyway, all i'll advise is 4 u 2 sleep on ur tommy buht most importantly, remove eery aota of fear in u and just go 2 bed peacefully (afta ur regular nyt prayers sha).............o ga dimma

1 Like

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by dani1luv: 9:04pm On Aug 13, 2013
The first time I experienced it, I thought Jesus was calling, I hate the shi mehn..

wasn't able to move, I would feel a shock from my head down my body, my heart races..mehn, I hate that feeling. It happens when im feeling sleepy though, and when I am about to wakeup, happens when i lie down facing the ceiling and sometimes lying on my tummy

Well, all I do is to move a small part of my body e.g toe. .and im out of it..

still experienced it yesterday night.. I dun tire, I thought I was the only one experiencing it, till I Googled about it, and saw this thread
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by pimplucious: 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Its nothing to worry about. I've witnessed this a number of times such that I can actually induce it if I want. At the initial stage I used to hear voices, very distinct voices. I once heard a voice during one of those episode says if not fr TB Joshua he would have killed me. That got me really distressed. But now sleep paralysis don't bug me no more.

U would come to understand that sleep paralysis is in tandem with OBE (Out of Body Experience) and basically harmless. It is like a first step in the process of experiencing OBE phenomenon, like the first door to a more spiritual experience.

When next u experience it just free urself, mind. If u do, at some point u will feel something trying to leave ur body, There is no mistaking that feeling it is a resounding feeling that cld get u scared. If u do get scared struggle within like ur struggling to stay awake. At this point, u will either wake up, or start the process of u trying to leave ur body.

Trust me it's natural for human to experience this and it is very harmless, too. Try it, free ur mind and come back to tell ur experience.

NB: it is also a way the brain try stopping the body from waking up b4 it.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
I first experienced sleep paralysis when i was a teenager and it happened intermitently over the course of my teenage yrs, my mother gave me a bible to put under my pillow, but it just stop all of a sudden and i havent experieced it in over 15 yrs so i believe there is some spiritual explanation to this phenomenon.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by santachrist: 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
When such situation happen again don't fight it, all ÿ̲̣̣̣̥
ø̲̣̣̥
ὺ have to do is be strong and state praying from Ɣø̲̣̣̥
υ̲̣̥
ȑ inner mind,with strong prayer point,because it is a spiritual atack and prayer is d only solution,just try and use prayer to atack it,ÿ̲̣̣̣̥
ø̲̣̣̥
ὺ W̶̲̥̅̊
ı̣̣̣
ƪƪ se what is going happen,
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by MANOSUB(m): 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
It happened to me when i was a child, but i was able to tackle it whenever it came by muttering Jesus in my mind until i came out of it. I told my father, he said it was some spiritual forces. It normally happens whenever you sleep in ur back facing up. Just pray before u sleep thats all
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by santachrist: 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
My sister try to use prayer to attack it, whenever you notice such fillings.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by s3nn2x(m): 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
I am happy to hear people share their experiences. I thought I was the only one. I still don't get the REM and NREM. I have been experiencing this stuff for years. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. I never sleep on my back, I always pray before I go to bed, but it happens.

It is so scary, even reading about it here.

I have had some scary experiences. There was a time I felt something pressing me, I felt the presence on my back, then something strange happened, the 'thing' put it's 'finger' in my mouth a d I bit it. I M not joking, I felt the flesh in my mouth.

It gets so annoying that you would be on the bed with someone and the thing happens, no matter how you try to wake the person up, the person won't wake up.

Another strange experience happened some years ago, I was with my mother one night and we were doing devotion, since she prays for long, so when she started praying I fell asleep on the chair and immediately, I was oppressed, I tried shouting Jerusalem but could not, I'm was making sounds but I was not saying anything, until she stood up and hit me while saying 'blood of Jesus' Nd I woke up immediately.

Another happened some years ago in the hostel in Uni, a friend of mine laid on my bed and he asked me to swap with him for the night, so when I laid on his bed, I was oppressed Nd I was making sounds, it seems like my roommates were scare, until a guy shouted 'blood of Jesus' and immediately it stopped.

If it is deliverance, I have done plenty in MFM, if it is prayers, I do mid night battle every night.

I don't want to believe that this is scientific.

It has gotten better now sha, I kinda know when it wants to happen and I immediately force myself to wake up, I annoint myself Nd I pray.

I also cover myself when I sleep, especially my neck, strange, but it works.

Also, I make sure I sleep with Christian music playing loudly.

My method might be crude, but they work for me, it is not yet Uhuru, I need total freedom.

But I know is that, whenever the name of Jesus is called, the attack stops.

BMW, pardon my errors, I did not edit it before posting.
I

2 Likes

Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by VicGoodGuy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
DICKtator:

your village!
your village!!

the witches in your village needs ur attention!

or maybe you are even one of em just avin ur astral projections!

so tell us, where you deyy fly to always?
if is the U.K., do the witches there demand for the £3000 bond before landing or is it entering?

grin grin grin grin

Fellow Nairalanders, please donate ur 'Lols' here\___/, our friend here needs them. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Meddler(f): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
I've experienced sleep paralysis since secondary school. freaked me out the first time I had it. still have till date. mine are always accompanied with hallucinations and lucid dreams where I realize I'm actually dreaming. I haven't found any cure for it yet. I don't know if there's a spiritual element to it but I do invoke the blood of Jesus when I really start freaking out and it really does help. well its more like screaming it in my head. still yet to find a reasonable answer to why this happens.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by adwem2003(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
I hope your spirit won't refuse to go back to your body someday considering the frequency this thing is happening to you. You av to really pray. TB Joshua is still @ synagogue. wink
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
pimp_lucious :
Its nothing to worry about. I've witnessed this a number of times such that I can actually induce it if I want. At the initial stage I used to hear voices, very distinct voices. I once heard a voice during one of those episode says if not fr TB Joshua he would have killed me. That got me really distressed. But now sleep paralysis don't bug me no more.

U would come to understand that sleep paralysis is in tandem with OBE (Out of Body Experience) and basically harmless. It is like a first step in the process of experiencing OBE phenomenon, like the first door to a more spiritual experience.

When next u experience it just free urself, mind. If u do, at some point u will feel something trying to leave ur body, There is no mistaking that feeling it is a resounding feeling that cld get u scared. If u do get scared struggle within like ur struggling to stay awake. At this point, u will either wake up, or start the process of u trying to leave ur body.

Trust me it's natural for human to experience this and it is very harmless, too. Try it, free ur mind and come back to tell ur experience.

NB: it is also a way the brain try stopping the body from waking up b4 it.
the question is who is projecting your "spirit" into the astral realm and where is he taking you to? when you say the brain, who impacts and influences the "members" in your brain
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by neutrotoba(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
CHYKMAN: Maybe it's your version of 'Spider sense'.. Superhero thingie.. Come to think of it.. How much did you smoke..or How heavy did you drink the night before??
yhu must tink ur pretty funny ryt? STUPID
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
Feranchek: nne u're not d only it happened or is happening 2. i actually experienced same tin wen i was bout 15-17yrs of age. i wouldn't say itz normal though. in my own case, it got 2 a point daht I became soooo scared of going 2 bed. anyway, all i'll advise is 4 u 2 sleep on ur tommy buht most importantly, remove eery aota of fear in u and just go 2 bed peacefully (afta ur regular nyt prayers sha).............o ga dimma
like John said Fear has torment, question is where does fear comes from....the solution to that is this Perfect Love cast out fear
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: its happens to me too... somtyms its very hard to breathe.... also gets me scared... nna i cast and bind every witches and wizard.. whether na from village ooo.. or yankee

As in eh! The breathing part is the part that stresses one... Whenever it happens to me, I just keep repeating "blood of Jesus"---then after like 40seconds-1minutes I regain control over my body... There should be a treatment for this condition.

My mum once told me it usually happens when a lizard is passing on the wall over your head. sad sad
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Debeloved87(m): 9:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
booqee: [b]it started happening to me since last year. Ok i'm sleeping, and like a normal person i'm ready to wake up, u know it comes from within whether wilfully or not, then snap! ur body soul and spirit is awake. Right?? But the case is different with me. Though it only occurs once in a while, i can count the times i've had the experience, the latest been yesterday. Ok this is how it actually feels, i'm ready to wake up, but i feel something holding me down, inwardly i'm awake, i can hear every sound around me perfectly, but i'm unable to wake up, my eyes wouldn't open, my body would refuse to move, it'll just feel like its heavy. To someone looking at me, i may be fast asleep, but i'm actually awake, unable to stand up, move any part of my body or even open my eyes, but i'm actually conscious of my surrounding.

The first time i had it, i think i just fell asleep again after the feeling, the second and third time too was the same. The fourth time or so, i had it, i struggled within myself so hard to fight this stuff, and i was successful.

I really did struggle within me, psychologically, and i felt it when i woke up, i felt sort of drained. I didn't like the feeling.

The last time i had it i just stayed like dat, until i eventually opened my eyes after several minutes. That doesn't feel cool either.

Ok i guess i'm starting to sound like a weirdo but trust me its d plain fact.

Pls advice, what dyu think is wrong with me and wat can i do to stop it.

I really do hate this experience.

Thanks.
[/b]
Am sorry for quotin u all over but i tell u it happens to me too, its just the work of evil spirit or demons rightly put,ur spiritman is weak and they found it interestin to bound you from re-enterin into the physical but dont worry i have 3 solutions to it,,..
1.. its either you pray hard and loud in ur room on ur bed before you doze of.
2.. If u can shout JESUS from ur subconciousness,you will wake up,thou its hard to do, but you first think about the name then do as if you are saying and shouting it, before you know it, you will wake up.
no 3 is very simple
3.. simply put on the music player on ur phone but make sure they are all gospel musics that are goin to play...let it play silently by ur side....
i tell you, that you will sleep soundly and wake up agile and healthy with no restriction. GOD BLESS
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by trolling(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
kofsy:

As in eh! The breathing part is the part that stresses one... Whenever it happens to me, I just keep repeating "blood of Jesus"---then after like 40seconds-1minutes I regain control over my body... There should be a treatment for this condition.

My mum once told me it's usually happens when a lizard is passing on the wall over your head. sad sad
lol your mum told you one of those old wives fables grin
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Ajibam: 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2013
Too much s*x
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by livebullet(m): 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Virus777: Some people believe it's a paranormal activity, the effect of an evil force (witch, evil spirit) pressing down on you. Some have died while struggling against the force. Medical science calls it sleep paralysis. It happens mostly when you sleep facing up. If it persists, learn to sleep on your sides or on your belly.

if som have died, then did their ghost come back to tell u dey died of sleep paralysis. Cos i dnt think an autopsy can detect that. Its a mind thing. Jus like dreams
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Faroqk(m): 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
johnwizey: Death don dey call u b dat o
Look, as much as I'll love not to say this; I would.
You
Are
So
Foolish!!!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by penzino(m): 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
This tin happened to me 3days ago, I recited Ps46, and blve me I snaped out of it. Bt me no know if na spiritual tin sha. I just know am ready to use the WORD at any time. U should try reciting powerful psalms. Peace
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Bondd: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
d only solutn to ur problm is prayers and deliverance may let me use dis opportunity 2 invite u 4 our church crusade at mbaise on 17th and 18th of dis month at The lords chosen.
like seriously!!! Its people like you that need prayers. Why take everything spiritual. SMH!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Happens to me too but I know say na winch de press me big time and it has stopped after enough prayer to God almighty...ogun...forgotten the name of the last. Touch me you die.

Well yours might just be medical things, no voodoo attached.
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Faroqk(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
Virus777: Some people believe it's a paranormal activity, the effect of an evil force (witch, evil spirit) pressing down on you. Some have died while struggling against the force. Medical science calls it sleep paralysis. It happens mostly when you sleep facing up. If it persists, learn to sleep on your sides or on your belly.
You said it as it is, I couldn't argue with you even if I wanted to.
It's happened to me on occasions I can't recall, and most of the time, it happens when I sleep facing up.
You are wide awake but you can't get up even if you wanted, it's like you have this unseen force pressing you to the bed!!!
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by SwTonia(f): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
I do hv it 2 den, bt nw hv stop hving it,of recent i read abt it on net,didn't want 2 blive it spiritual, bt i remember vividly dat immediately we relocated frm ma previous house, it stops
Re: I'm Experiencing Sleep Paralysis - Please Advice! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
optimus-prime1:
Laymans Definition;
Your Brain's awake, but your body's still shut down...
Explaining your conciousness and your Pseudo paralysis(zero psychomotor control).
Tip;
1-Workout more often (seems you are the lazy type) it would increase your startup response.
2-Lose some weight
3-Take frequent Naps
4-Dont over eat before you sleep
5-You might want to adjust your sleeping position a bit i.e lie on your sides or front.

Who is this jerk??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rachel The Piper Foundation Reaches Out To The Poor / A NURSE Version Of The Hippocratic Oath........nightingale Pledge / Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.